twenty: Warm Up

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Y-you said that you will save him!" Hyunah yelled as she watched the doctor walk away from her. He, however, halted when he heard her sudden outburst. As the male turned around was he preplexed to see the normally tough girl actually breaking into tears. Reality finally hit her with the news and she could only stare at him. 

 

The others around them stopped what they were doing too and watched them for a while until Dr Steven stepped towards her. "I'm sorry, Ms Reid." 

 

"No! Don't be sorry!" She exclaimed although he was already right in front of her. It shocked even her and she widened her eyes for a little. "J-just.. save him.. he's everything I have.." Hyunah gulped the saliva down as she stared at the ground. Her tears had formed a pool on the ground by now. The emotions were hitting her all at once and Dr Steven knew that. That wasn't the first time family members pleaded with him. It would be the wives who would kneel in front of him. Pleading for something he couldn't grant no matter how much they begged him. He couldn't. 

 

"Ms Reid." 

 

"I-is it money?! I have 30$ here with me but I saved around 849$ up over the months-" 

 

"Ms Reid! Please calm down." He interferred her. Hyunah stared at him with reddened eyes. She looked indeed pitiful and if it were in his first years as doctor he would have promised her to save him no matter what. But Dr Steven learned that over the years he couldn't promise people the impossible. And he became stronger. He didn't waver and held Hyunah's shoulders back. "It's not about money. But I can't save your father." Hyunah felt like she couldn't breath anymore. A very tiny voice in her said the same. It was so quiet that she liked to ignore it. She wasn't ready to face reality yet. 

 

Dr Steven was about to turn away from her when he glanced at her. He looked pass her and stared at the room he just exited. "Instead of standing here outside with me. How about you actually go and spend his last breaths with him?" He patted her softly. However, she didn't register what he said. She stood still even when he walked away from her. She stood there without a feel of time anymore. Until the thought of her father hit her. She walked with a heavy heart towards his room. She wiped her tears roughly away and forced a smile. A smile so forced that it looked like it hurted. 

 

"Hey Dad." It took him a moment to register her. She was standing by the door frame. Austin glanced at her and it didn't take a while to make him smile with her presence. He reached to her to grasp her smaller hand. Hyunah let Austin guide her to take a seat right beside him. 

 

"Hey, sweetheart." Hyunah looked at the man. His dyed black hair let he grew out and only the greyish hair was left. He wasn't the youngest but he looked now double his age. He was weak and could barely lift a finger. Although, she promised herself to not break down in front of him she couldn't. She was crying. 

 

"You would think that you're already out of tears but apparently you have some leftovers." Austin half-joked. Hyunah shot him a mild glare before dropping her head on top of his hand. She cried soundlessly against his hand. While his hand became wetter and wetter stayed Austin calm. He even began to hum at one point while staring at the ceiling.

 

"Alice." He started to ruffle her hair with his free hand. However, she didn't look up at him only tightening her hold around his other hand. "It's a fitting name for you, sweety. I really like the name." 

 

Austin's talk was going nowhere. Hyunah already had a feeling that he only felt like talking. But that wasn't the case. He tried to tell Hyunah something with that. "And as a father I really want you to live. So, stop thinking what you're currently thinking."

 

"I don't regret for a moment that I took you in. You are my daughter." Austin said and raised now both his hands. Even his other hand Hyunah was hugging all to herself - he cupped both her cheeks and smiled at her. "You are my daughter."

 

Hyunah tried to shake her head under Austin's grasp but it was pointless. He wouldn't take a 'no' for an answer. He knew that Hyunah was already giving up on her life when the news of his illness came into view. "Your results don't mean anything, okey?"

 

"They don't. So, I want you to live."

 

"Find a reason to live, Alice." Austin said. He wouldn't let her answer because he knew she would only argue about that. She was a little clingy but that was to be expected. Hyunah didn't really make friends with others. Plus, they were a single household. Austin's wife left with his other child. Making them a father-daughter pair. So, what would one person do, who will be all on her own from now? 

 

Hyunah sat slowly up. She wiped the dried tears and the new ones away from her cheek once Austin let go of her. She sniffed when she said, "You made this talk so dramatically." 

 

Austin shot her a sweet smile before scratching his nape in a embarrassing manner. "I watched some soaps earlier." 

 

"You're unbelievable." Hyunah joked to which Austin chuckled lightly.

 

"I love you, dad." 

 

***

 

Chanyeol wasn't sure what to think of it when they decided to split up. Of course, he felt kind of worried at first? But that feeling was quickly gone when he thought about it longer. What would actually happen? And who was he anyways to worry about her? He was angry at her although not as angry as everyone made him out to be. But he was alone with that thought. He chose to search on his own for the troublemaker and that was perfectly fine since D.O searched on his own as well while the others split up in two. He didn't get why D.O was so into it. "What a pain in the .." He thought as he still grumbled about it. Although, he didn't complain at all when they threw in the suggestion to search for her. In fact he stayed quiet as he went with the flow. But Chanyeol was oblivious to his behaviour and the others probably too.

 

He was in the basement currently with one team at the other end of the basement while the others searched for her on the floors above. It sure would be funny to tell that story later on, how they had to search for their manager. Making him wonder if she was really their manager since she made them go through such lengths. 

 

Chanyeol sighed once more before he stared at the slight opened door right in front of him.

 

***

 

"I think D.O is overexaggerating." Kai pointed out. He and Sehun have been walking a few hallways down now without any traces of their manager. But he was sure it was nothing. Why should something have happened to her? 

 

"It doesn't really matter what you think." Sehun added while glancing around. He too begin to doubt that something happened but for the sake of her, he might just continue looking for her. 

 

Kai had grumbled quietly to himself before he stared at Sehun from the side. "How come you actually agreed to look for her?" It wasn't a secret of what the boys thought of her. And Kai was sure that Sehun wasn't a big fan of her too. Sehun could careless about the people around him, so, why bother looking for a person he wasn't even on friendly terms with? 

 

"I could ask you the same thing?" Sehun replied and send him a knowing look. Kai shrugged only before stuffing his hands into his jeans pockets. "Well, everything is better than practising with Kim Tae Woo of course. Same for you I guess?" 

 

"I wouldn't mind practising now." Sehun sighed. What a idiot Kai was sometimes.

 

Kai frowned at him before blurting. "And why are you looking for her then?" 

 

"Ever heard of compassion?" Sometimes Sehun felt like smacking Kai. Like really hard.

 

"You sure that's it?" The older one added. Yeah, Sehun definitely felt like smacking the one beside him. 

 

***

 

"Hey, don't walk so fast-" Baekhyun complained as he stared after Tao's back. He hated to admit it but that guy was taller than him so it was obvious that he would be faster than him. Longer legs, duh! Baekhyun thought that Tao just wanted it to get over with and he wanted it too but could he at least take him into consideration as well?! They were freed from Taewoo's hardcore practise, thanks to Sunmi's talent in convincing, only minutes ago. He needed a break! Desperatly!

 

"Then walk faster." Tao replied from the front as he looked for Hyunah frantically. 

 

"It's not like she will die or something." Baekhyun muttered to himself.

 

"C'mon, Baekhyun!" Tao yelled from the front. Baekhyun glared hard at his back. He was cursing quietly to himself and would have continued to do so, when something caught his attention. He kneeled down and picked the said item from the ground up. He was examinating it for a while. It was the friendship bracelett he had gotten with Hyunah back then. Something he would have never bought but something she wanted desperately just to make fun of him. Because he got the pink version of the deal. Surprisingly, he agreed on wearing the pink leatherband with swarovski stones, if it meant to get the guilty feeling off.

 

"Yo, Baekhyun how long do you intend to-" Tao only got the first half of his sentence out when Baekhyun ran pass him. 

 

"What's gotten into him?" Tao asked aloud although he didn't get a response to that. Now he was the one, who run after him while wondering, if Baekyhun was bitten by the bug. 

 

***

 

Other teams like Suho and Lay were quiet unlike Xiumin and Chen. It wasn't a surprise though since Suho wasn't well liked by his fellow members unlike Lay, who by far got better along with him than the korean members. 

 

Suho didn't let anyone look into his cards, so, it would probably remain a secret forever as to why he went and searched for Hyunah without complaining. The others such as Kris thought that it was just the leader position that made him do stuff others would normally complain about. But that wasn't the case if you ask Suho. And truthfully he might not be as bad as everyone thought of him.

 

The same thing goes with Lay. He too hadn't complain and searched for her obediently and that without taking any of his green stuff. And that was probably the most shocking.

 

***

 

"HEY, WAKE UP!" 

 

Hyunah felt a little drowsy as she was adjusting slowly to the little light the place offered. Little by little became everything clear again and she stared into those familiar eyes. Soomin was looking down at her. The pain that came with her slap finally hit her. A tear escaped Hyunah's eyes and she looked up once again. 

 

"You're up finally?"

 

"Hello, Manager-min. Nice to meet you in your real appearance." Soomin smiled. 

 

Hyunah stared at her in disbelief but couldn't utter any words at the moment. She was unconscious a minute ago and now she found herself in front of Soomin in a rather unpleasant situation. Hyunah glanced slightly back to stare at her bounded arms.

 

"Are you surprised?" Soomin asked.

 

"Not anymore.." Hyunah mumbled as she stared at that grin of her's. 

 

"Did you recognise me yesterday?" Soomin asked in glee. To be honest? Hyunah wasn't that big surprised by her reveal. After all Soomin didn't bother changing her clothes from yesterday and Hyunah could see the girl totally doing it. However, Hyunah was slightly creeped out by the way she was beaming at her. She really felt like hitting the insane girl but with the way she was tied against the chair made it impossible for her. 

 

"You stole the prize?" Soomin was hit with an unbearable amount of anger when she heard Hyunah say that. It didn't take a moment for her to slap Hyunah again. "I DIDN'T STEAL IT!"

 

"You really know nothing." Soomin spat. That was Hyunah's first time that she tast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter