fifteen: Chanyeol's Dreams

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Byun Baek Hyun.

 

Out of them all? 

 

He was the most annoying member ever.

 

Hyunah would rather spend her entire life with Suho or Lay than ever being with Baekhyun in a room for a day. And that had to mean a lot. They loathed her just as much as she did. 

 

But what he caused her now must be probably the worst yet. Even the thing about lying didn't she find as stupid as this. Which idol actually thinks it's okey to bring a girl to the dorm? Well knowing that he is being watched by thousands of eyes. And with a fellow idol on top of that! At that very moment wanted she to rip Baekhyun's head off. But she could do that later on too. After saving their asses, that is. 

 

"And why the heck should I go back because of her freaking lipgloss?!" Hyunah muttered annoyedly. She was kneeling on the floor searching for the expensive lipgloss Baekhyun's girl apparently lost. And 'ew', he had things on the floor she didn't wanna touch. Hyunah now too, kind of regretted not getting a new cleaning lady. Although the boys cleaned the shared rooms like the kitchen and living room, some willingly (and some not) - their rooms would always remain uncleaned ever since Sehun and Kai broke a few of Hyunah's things when they attempted to vacuum her room. And there was the tantrum Luhan threw too. In the end they agreed on cleaning their rooms on their own, which never happened. At least not in Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's room, that is. 

 

A shiver run down her spine suddenly when she touched a unknown and most importantly moist object underneath Baekhyun's bed. She drew her hand back instantly even going as far as sliding away from his bed. "Just what are you doing underneath your bed, BYUN BAEK!" She screeched while madly wiping her hand on a shirt on the floor. It was Chanyeol's but she didn't care at the moment. It was freaking disgusting!

 

Although Chanyeol's side shouldn't be exactly called 'clean', it was at least in a better shape than Baekhyun's side of the room. You could at least see where his bed was starting and ending. And it didn't smell weird. Chanyeol must have changed his bed sheets, which would explain the flowery scent emitting from his blanket though his bed wasn't made. 

 

"What's that?" Hyunah mumbled when she noticed a notebook showing out from under his blanket. She wasn't normally the type to snoop around but that just bursted her curiosity. She always saw Chanyeol carrying it around. She even saw him taking it out during one flight. She had her hand on the black leather book to pull it out from underneath the sheets when the door suddenly bursted open. Hyunah's heart stopped for a moment. She stared wide-eyed at Chanyeol, who in exchange raised a brow at her. 

 

"What are you doing in my room?" He asked instantly.  

 

"Getting a heart attack.." She muttered while he made his way slowly towards her. 

 

"I'm just searching for something Baekhyun lost." Hyunah replied when she noticed him right in front of her. He towered above her small frame before glancing at her right arm that rested on his bed.

 

"And you thought you would find it on my bed?" He asked with a raised brow. At first he was amused finding her in a rather odd position beside his bed before frowning as soon as he noticed where her hand was resting on. 

 

"Did you look into it?" He asked when he ripped his notebook out of Hyunah's grasp. The blanket thrown to the side now. Hyunah flinched when he took it roughly from her. She had forgotten she had her hand on it when he suddenly came in. 

 

"N-no, I d-didn't." Hyunah replied, which came out as a whisper when she noticed the dark look on Chanyeol's face. 

 

"Are you lying?" He asked now a bit sterner than before. He was clearly not happy about her seeing it. And he certainly didn't believe her, seeing that his expression didn't change at all. 

 

"Of course you are." He spat when he started to flip through it, checking if everything was alright with it.

 

"Hey!" 

 

"Why are you going through people's stuff?" He asked. Now returning the attention to her.

 

Hyunah frowned at him. "Excuse me? I was searching for the lipgloss of Baekhyun's girl! I didn't look through your stuff!" 

 

"Oh? So, I should believe you when I find you sitting on my side of the room when you intended to search something that belongs to Baekhyun?" Chanyeol retorted smartly.

 

It indeed didn't look good for Hyunah. She knew too that she was in a rather stupid situation. She did snoop in a kind of a way but she didn't violate his privacy as much as he made it look like. She couldn't even read the title on the notebook properly aside from Chanyeol's name. 

 

"N-no, that's only because Baekhyun had something disgusting under his bed and I-" Hyunah started off when Chanyeol suddenly turned away from her in the middle of her explanation. "What a lame excuse.." He mumbled.

 

"You know, I always thought you were annoying but even I thought you had some class." 

 

"Next time I see you with my stuff- I swear I don't know what I will do." He warned her before slamming the door behind him when he left her. 

 

Hyunah flinched with the slam before sighing against Chanyeol's bed. She was muffling her frustration against Chanyeol's freshed washed bed sheets. But not even the flowery scent could calm her down nor could it help her feeling less guilty.

 

***

 

"Here. It's on me today." 

 

"It's always on you, Noona." Renjun replied when he noticed Hyunah beside him. She sneaked from behind him when she saw him in the 7/eleven store.

 

The lady behind the counter raised a brow at the odd pair since she believed Hyunah to be a male. But on the other hand she didn't care much about the business of the young ones and quickly turned her attention to the next customer behind them. 

 

Hyunah took the banana milk along with a few crisps away from the cash desk to make space for the next in line. She walked beside Renjun out of the store while handing him his snacks back. "I thought you guys are on a strict diet or something?" 

 

"Will you tell?" He asked, afraid that she might do just that.

 

Hyunah couldn't help but squeal when she saw Renjun jutting his bottom lip out while trying to open the pack with the monkeys on it. "I won't. Pinky promise." Hyunah winked. She noticed that he relaxed a little with that revelation, even the outer corner of his lips moved up a little. 

 

Renjun ate his crisps in a timid way. She always noticed him doing that when she was around him. Hyunah didn't need to be a psychologist to know that Renjun was intimidated and she also knew by whom. And that's what annoyed her the most. They should normally be the ones he can turn to and not his worse nightmare. 

 

"Do you have practise later?" Hyunah asked while sipping on her 0.73 cent milk coffee.

 

Renjun nodded lightly while stealing a glance from her. Hyunah smiled, she had noticed that little action from his side. The more she got to know Renjun the more found she him to be cute. Just like the little brother she never had. 

 

***

 

"Soomin."

 

"Soomin."

 

"Lee Soo Min!" 

 

"Are you listening!?" The teacher shouted from the front.

 

Soomin was sitting in the second row and even in the center of the class. The others around her were completely silent though she could hear a few chuckles here and there. She had lowered her head in a attempt in not angrying the teacher even more but failed to do so. Apparently the teacher wanted Soomin to look at him, which Soomin didn't do. "Lee Soo Min! Can you answer the question or not?!" He pressed on, putting her in a rather embarrassing situation for her.

 

Soomin looked momentarily up, trying to avoid the whispers around her as much as possible before focusing her eyes onto the blackboard behind the teacher. She wasn't the best in math, so, it was no wonder she didn't had a clue on what was going on especially when she clearly didn't pay attention earlier. The teacher must have known so too, or else he wouldn't have picked her out of all students. He didn't mean to bully her in any kind of way but to Soomin he pretty much did just that.

 

Soomin shook her head lightly before avoiding making any eye contact with him. She lowered her head once again when she noticed the girl beside her already raising her hand. Soomin always noticed her doing that when she failed to answer a question from the teacher. 

 

"I thought so. Next time pay attention, heard me?" He sighed before turning his attention to the student next to her, who had her hand eagerly up. Her perfect manicured nails were glistening under the bright electro light. 

 

"Yes, Nari? Do you know the answer?" 

 

Nari had nodded cutely while the teacher shot Soomin one last warning look. "Then, please explain Ms Lee how to." Earning a few unwanted chuckles from the whole class and making Soomin wish she wasn't in the room. Or better not on planet earth at all. 

 

Lee Soo Min was definitely not a fan of school. And she would rather skip than spending her time at a place, where she wasn't wanted.

 

***

 

It was the usual routine. Nothing to be anxious about. The line in front of the boys was getting longer and longer. Lay had his usual selling-smile on. It looked as painful as it looked-like. Thankfully, no one really noticed the difference in his real smile and his business smile. Although the people, who knew him better could see at first glance that something was wrong with the boy. Xiumin, who sat beside him, shook the hands of all girls who came by since not everyone of them wanted a autograph from him. Shaking hands wasn't really allowed at those events but thankfully the staff didn't notice it yet.

 

"The next in line should move forward." A staff member announced from behind the members. The fans would start their walk from Chen until they got to the last member on the table, which happened to be Luhan. You would expect that Chen would greet lots of fans since he sat at the beginning of the table but that wasn't the case. The time for the fans with their idols was limited. So, they chose to just hurry and walk towards their favourite member. Members like Luhan and Kris. Since the fanmeet for today was only with the EXO-M members. 

 

"Hello." Chen had greeted a girl in passing once again. The smile he pulled never leaving his face since the beginning. His smile would brighten when one would actually stop to chat with him until the girl left. Every 10 minutes would someone actually stop by, by him and chat with him and get their autograph before they left again. He would also glance to his side from time to time only to see his other members actually spending time with their fans. 

 

"Hey, do you want strawberry milk or banana milk?" He heard someone whisper. Her warm breath was hitting the back of his neck. He turned his head to his left and noticed that it was Hyunah, who was beside him. "I prefer choco-peppermint milk to be honest."

 

"That would explain her peppermint breath." He thought while raising a brow at her. 

 

"So, what do you want?" Hyunah asked once more. Hyunah came with them to the fanmeet but afterwards she was suddenly gone. (Chen didn't know yet that she avoided Lay by doing so.) He didn't question her whereabouts though since she would pick them up, anyway. But that she would walk off to just get some drinks? That was new to him. 

 

"Banana milk." Chen replied. Would she really give him banana milk now? Hyunah grinned instantly before taking the said banana milk out of the plastic bag she was holding. "Why do guys like banana milk so much though?" She wondered when she remembered that Renjun liked that flavour too. 

 

"You actually had one?" He asked while still stunned to actually get one from her. 

 

"Why would I be lying?" Hyunah retorted before turning on her heel to stand behind them. Just on cue when Chen got a fan in front of him. "C-chen Oppa!" She squealed. She was holding onto their first album ever while beaming brightly when it was finally her turn. Chen loved seeing real reactions like that. He didn't mean the lovesick reactions but the exciting faces people would pull when they finally get to see their favourite idol.

 

The young girl was shaking madly when she finally handed Chen her album for him to sign it. She was too excited to form proper sentences but Chen talked with her as if it was no big deal making her currently the happiest girl ever. 

 

Hyunah watched everything silently from behind them before she noticed that a staff member was about to approach the girl, so, that the others in line would also get their turn. Hyunah, however, approached the male before he could tell her off. She somehow managed to convince him to let the other fans just forward - giving Chen just a little more time with his fan. Hyunah smiled satisfiedly when the staff member walked off, quite annoyed but she didn't care. She finally understood something by doing that. Something Jaehyun must have tried to tell her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter