four: The China Adventure

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I really should have killed you." Lay was basically boring a hole into Hyunah's skull.

 

Guess who the lucky one was who had to sit beside Hyunah during the flight. 

 

Hyunah rolled her eyes while pushing the baggage cart forward. "It wasn't on purpose." 

 

"I don't ing care if it wasn't on purpose! You were snoring from the start to the landing!" Lay hissed under his breath. 

 

"Well, I get that you need to play the role of a male. But don't you even have bit of delicacy?" Chen asked with a raised brow. Lay wasn't the only one who witnessed the snoring.

 

They barely made it safely to the van that would pick them up due to the amount of people that waited for them at the airport. Hyunah side glared Chen before rolling the baggage cart towards his feet. "Ow!" 

 

"Get in before I show you what I learned during my childhood days." 

 

"Okey okey, guys. There are still a lot of fans." Sunmi ushed Hyunah towards the front seat.

 

Hyunah glanced at Sunmi. She didn't have it hard like her. Sun Mi was treated like Jaehyun. The boys weren't rude to her or anything. They treated her like a girl. Maybe because of the fact that she was pretty. Even Baekhyun tried to get into her pants a few times. But that girl was way out of his league. 

 

Sunmi knew how hectic it could get and the "Do's and Don'ts" and what Hyunah did right now was a big DON'T. She promised Jaehyun to help Hyunah out if needed. She didn't know yet how much help she really needed. 

 

"Can we get Jaehyun Hyung back?" 

 

"Can I get Super Junior instead?" Both, Hyunah and Lay, turned to Sunmi for answers. The stylist was wordless. She knew that they weren't on the best terms but she didn't expect this either. Just what was Jaehyun thinking? 

 

Sunmi sighed before shutting the door to the van when she got in. This ride would become Sunmi's longest so far. 

 

***

 

"We have to wait until the translator arrives which will be in around... 2 hours I guess?" Hyunah explained as she checked the schedules for today. "The recording of the variety show will follow after that." 

 

"Do you guys want to perhaps-" 

 

"I'm going to sleep then." Lay said and without even facing Hyunah returned he to his hotel room. "Would it hurt to let me finish for once?" She heard only a bang as answer followed by a sigh behind her. 

 

"I will go around in the hotel." Tao said and stood up from his seat. Luhan was debatting with himself if he should stay with the rest of the boys or just leave but since he wasn't a very chatty person he'd rather leave. "I will go with you." 

 

Hyunah was about to ask them if she could go with them since both of them could speak Chinese but... Tao's gaze told her, he didn't want her around. The door shut soon the second time around and Hyunah faced the rest. Xiumin's hands were practically glued to his phone while Chen whipped his head forth- and backwards while listening to music. 

 

The other two members were busy with their phones while Sunmi offered her a small smile. "I can speak a bit Chinese. Do you want to go around?" 

 

Hyunah gave her a quick nod. She was excited to say the least. Being a manager of a boy group surely had a lot of positive aspects. One of them being able to travel the world. 

 

"Our hotel is near a temple. Do you want to go there?" Sunmi asked when they left the entrance hall. It wasn't cold. It was actually pretty warm which allowed Hyunah to leave her hoodie at the hotel. Summer was just around the corner after all.

 

Hyunah nodded her head as she run forward. She couldn't wait to see everything Peking has to offer though the time was limited. She wanted to make the best out of it. 

 

It was around 2 am when they got into the plane. They arrived at around 6 am at the hotel which explains why the boys weren't interested in going around. It was a good thing in the end, that, the girls didn't take them with them. The boys would be complaining by now if they did so. 

 

They arrived at the temple in a slow pace since Hyunah had to take of everything a photo. Sunmi smiled. She wasn't able to walk around freely like that, whenever, she was with Jaehyun on trips like this would they most of the time stay at the hotel since they visited the country a countless times before. Though the location of the hotel changes because of the different schedules, Sunmi saw everything at least twice when she was here and, so, did the EXO-M unit. 

 

Unlike Hyunah and Sunmi didn't have others as much fun as them.

 

D.O got at the same time up when the others just arrived in China. He barely got 3 hours of sleep when he had to wake up. The shoot would start at around 7 am and he needed to get his makeup done before. The others were already up, going after their own schedule. 

 

It was the same routine he followed everyday. Waking up, washing his face and then head for the kitchen to get some coffee. He needed caffeine to survive the next few hours before his next coffee break, which would happen in 5 hours or so it always depended on the director or PD. 

 

He was scrolling through his phone when a message popped up on the screen.

 

"If you finished then move aside. I need caffeine, dude." Chanyeol drawled behind him, still being affected by the little sleep he got last night.

 

D.O would normally scowl at the person when he was in a bad mood but somehow he wasn't anymore. A single picture, of a temple in China, he received from his 'Hyung' just now made him smile along with a 'Good luck!'. 

 

"Are you texting a boy?" Sunmi wiggled her brows at her when she noticed Hyunah smiling at her phone. "Who did you send that pic to?" 

 

"Huh?" Hyunah looked at her for a while as she progressed what Sunmi just said in her head. "Oh, this? Yeah, it's Kyungsoo." 

 

Sunmi almost chocked on her saliva. They just walked out of the temple area and were about to head to the small market accross the temple. "You're texting with EXO's D.O?" 

 

"As in Do Kyung Soo?" 

 

"Why does this sound so unbelievable?" Hyunah asked. Well, if she was honest. She too found it strange that she got along with one of them. D.O was one of the guys who barely paid attention to her. Well, he seemed like the quiet type, so, she wasn't bothered by it. "I know where you are coming from though. It's hard to get along with anyone of them." 

 

Hyunah walked a bit ahead when she saw the food stall at the beginning of the small market. The exotic food caught her attention right away. 

 

"It's not that. Actually D.O is the least member people normally get along-" 

 

"Eonnie! Look at this!" Hyunah exclaimed suddenly while pointing at the insects spiked up on wooden picks along with other fried food she couldn't identify. And honestly she didn't want to know what the big fried thing beside the grasshopper was. 

 

"What? You never had one of these?" Sunmi chuckled when she noticed Hyunah's disgusted expression. 

 

"We don't eat stuff like that in Sydney." Hyunah muttered before stepping away before the food stall lady could ask her if she preferred a fried or a grilled grasshopper. 

 

Sunmi grinned as she turned back to the lady. "How much?" She asked with a broken Chinese.

 

Hyunah turned around when she noticed that Sunmi wasn't beside her yet. She looked in horror when she saw Sunmi paying the lady in exchange for a grasshopper. Even if she stood at least 3 metres away from her, she swore she saw the thing moving his feet. 

 

"EWW!" Hyunah hollered before running the market down just away from Sunmi and her grasshopper. 

 

***

 

Sunmi was nibbling on fishcake instead of the grasshopper she bought earlier to scare Hyunah. The grasshopper remained un-eaten by both girls though, since Hyunah slapped it out of Sunmi's hand before it could touch her lips, when the girl had her in a armlock. Don't be fooled. Just because Sunmi looks like a total girly girl. She was strong. Wherever the strength came from. 

 

"Mhm..." Sunmi walked with Hyunah back to the hotel since the translator would arrive soon if she wasn't already there. "Can I ask you something?" 

 

Unlike Sunmi choose Hyunah a berry smoothie. Even though she was korean, she wasn't much of a fan of fish and other dishes the asian kitchen offered.. at least yet. She was biting on the straw when only a few drops were left of the hot pink liquid. "Spit it out."

 

Sunmi frowned at her choosen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter