twenty-nine: Jealousy

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyunah stared at her creation of a cake. A cake that was supposed to cheer up D.O, who was grumbling about the actors at his newest project. D.O became really popular with his acting and therefore he was cast again. However, the boy wasn’t really into it. They were obnoxious and shallow people, who were faking their personality even off-camera. That just wasn’t D.O’s cup of tea.

 

“What are you doing?” Xiumin asked, who just entered the kitchen. Hyunah startled a little since it was around 4 o’clock in the morning. She began two hours ago so she had been in here for a while but also only because some were still out because of their schedule that forced them to sleep at a nearby hotel and because some of them had a deep sleep once they knocked out. So she was surprised for a reason when she saw Xiumin entering.

 

“Why are you already up?” Hyunah asked as she rubbed her eyes with her hand clench. Xiumin looked at her before rounding the corner to reach Hyunah. She stepped a little back, when she saw him near her, however, she stayed still as she waited for what he was about to do. He wiped her face with his sports tee sleeve before keeping an appropriate distance from her. Hyunah stared at him. “You had some cream on your face.”

 

“That said. Aren’t you a little too early up for a spontaneous baking session? You have to wake up in about 3 hours?” Xiumin asked while looking at the cake. It wasn’t sell-ready but it looked fine to eat with friends. 

 

“That was the only free time I had before Kyung comes back,” Hyunah said while garnishing her choco-banana cake. 

 

“Kyung? You mean D.O?” Xiumin asked as he stared at her. 

 

“Yeah, to cheer him up a little.”

 

“There was a way to cheer Satan up?” Xiumin thought but he didn’t say that since Hyunah was a little sensitive when it comes to D.O. “But wouldn’t it be better to get an already done-cake?” He asked instead.

 

“Kyung said he prefers my handmade creations better,” Hyunah said before adding. “honestly I think he only said that to make me feel better.” 

 

“And Minho is okay with that?” Xiumin asked as he wiggled his brows at her.

 

“Could you stop that?” Hyunah sighed as she looked at him. Xiumin shrugged as he grinned at her.  “And besides why shouldn’t he be fine with that? We’re all friends. We’re cool.”

 

Xiumin hummed as he poked the leftover cream. He wasn’t looking at her as of now. “You know… that might be the case but we’re still boys. You live with 12 guys so, if I was your boyfriend I would also get weird ideas or even feel jealousy.” 

 

Hyunah looked up at him as she leaned back while Xiumin was tilting his head at her. “What?”

 

“I’m just saying I wouldn’t be okay with it if my girlfriend was surrounded by males let alone live with 12 of them.” 

 

“T-that’s… ridiculous!” Hyunah said. “Minho Oppa already knows that I live with you guys from the very beginning. Why shouldn’t he suddenly be fine with it?”

 

Xiumin deadpanned her before poking her forehead gently back. “Are you nuts? He can’t go psycho on you when you’re not official yet. That’s such a turn-off.” 

 

“Or are you guys” He wiggled his brows at her. Hyunah pushed him slightly back. “Shut it. He isn’t like that. He is really nice and caring towards me.”

 

“Woah, the girlfriend is protecting the boyfriend,” Xiumin said as he pretended to shiver.

 

“Are you guys against Minho Oppa?” Hyunah asked.

 

“Against? Maybe the others but don’t put me into the same pot as them. He leaves me alone and I leave him alone. I don’t have anything bad to say about him.” Xiumin said matter-of-factly.

 

“But also not anything good?”

 

Xiumin smiled at Hyunah while ruffling her hair at the same time. “Why? Are you unsure now?”

 

“No, I’m not,” Hyunah said. “I just find it kinda annoying that you guys talk in circles instead of talking about your problems.”

 

“You get used to it,” Xiumin said.

 

“But you shouldn’t get used to it,” Hyunah said. “And you’re getting thinner too…” Hyunah thought as she looked at Xiumin. Although she did spend a lot of time with Chanyeol in the studio while also looking after Renjun and the other boys, she did notice Xiumin’s physical change. She hadn’t been going to the gym for a while too so she didn’t have the time to pull him to the side yet to talk.

 

“Well… there is nothing we can do.” Xiumin said as he spun around to get to the fridge. His main purpose for coming into the kitchen actually. “Should I make something for you?”

 

“Nah, I already drank a shake I’m good.” 

 

“But you were working out?” Hyunah retorted but he declined as he leaned against the fridge with his bottle of water.

 

Hyunah wanted to say something but she didn’t think now would be a good time. She read once that it wasn’t good to confront people with a disorder. She would only push them further into doing it, which was also the main reason for her to follow him around, she didn’t want him to faint again especially when she wasn’t around.

 

Xiumin was looking at her when she turned around to face him. “Then how about you take it slow-“ He startled when he saw her almost falling forward. 

 

Hyunah didn’t trip or anything but she saw dots for a moment and the next moment found she herself in Xiumin’s arms. “Are you all right?” 

 

“Y-yeah… I just felt weak. Probably because of the lack of sleep.” She said as she gently pushed him away. She was used to their presence and little skinship but standing so close to them was still making her feel weird.

 

“I think you are the one, who should slow down a little,” Xiumin said as he looked carefully at her.

 

“Are you really all right? Or is Seol-Ah still giving you a hard time?”

 

“Yeah, it’s probably because of that,” Hyunah said. And there really was a chance for Seol-Ah to be the reason for it but there was also a chance that she felt like that because of the medicine she had to take. 

 

„Is that so?“ Xiumin asked as he took a closer look at her. He even went as far as to lift her chin. „You look pale though.“ 

 

What would have been an intimate and probably also romantic moment was quickly destroyed by someone‘s loud coughing.

 

Hyunah pulled immediately back from Xiumin and stared at Chen, who was staring at them before coughing once more. Xiumin his lips as he rolled his eyes before turning to his other member.

 

„Am I interrupting something?“ He asked with a voice Hyunah never heard from him before. Xiumin thought he was an idiot and that he was trying to sound intimidating. He was pretty sure that that it was an awful imitation of a dutch of the 19th century.

 

„No, you‘re not.“ Hyunah answered before turning back to her abandoned cake.

 

„Yes, you were.“ Xiumin mouthed and punched Chen on his arm, who let out a yelp.

 

„Anyways… Jongdae.“ Hyunah began while looking at him weirdly as he rubbed his arm. „What- Ah, forget it. Why are you already here? Wasn’t the recording supposed to take longer?“

 

„I finished earlier cause I am just that awesome.“ An eye roll from Xiumin’s side.

 

„Yes, you are.“ Hyunah smiled while Chen snubbed at Xiumin’s reaction, who in return rolled his eyes.

 

„Urgh, leave me out of this.“ Xiumin said and left with that. Hyunah sighed as she looked after him before turning to Chen. „Are you hungry?“

 

„Sleepy would be the better description.“ Chen retorted. „Lie down, for now, we still have some time before we have to leave.“ Hyunah said.

 

„How about you? Aren‘t you tired?“ Chen asked.

 

„I will just finish this and then rest. I‘m almost done anyway.“ That’s what Hyunah said but Chen stayed behind as he watched over her silently.

 

***

 

Hyunah was sitting there for a while now while Luhan was wondering if it was the right foot or the left. “It had to be the right because I have to use the left one next.” Luhan thought. Hyunah was staring at his reflection through the mirror as she tilted her head. “When Sehun did the move it was always the right.”

 

Luhan looked back at her. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, it would make more sense considering you have to use the left foot next.” She pointed out. He gave her a nod before she started the music again.

 

Compared to Kai and Sehun was Luhan way stiffer. After all, he wasn’t the main dancer and for a lead dancer was he definitely lacking something too. He did do well when performing but compared to others, who were main or lead dancer was he really slow at learning the choreo. It didn’t mean though that she disliked watching him dance.

 

“How do you know?” Luhan asked once he finished his 2nd round. Hyunah shrugged her shoulders before replying. “I was watching Sehun.”

 

“Sehun? But he doesn’t need to learn this.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then, why?” 

 

Hyunah threw a water bottle towards Luhan, who caught it before looking at Hyunah. “Sehun learns pretty fast.”

 

“Maybe he should take my spot then,” Luhan muttered but Hyunah caught on as she threw his towel at him. “Why are you saying that?”

 

“Are you already giving up?” She asked.

 

“I’m just saying if Sehun wants this so much more wouldn’t it make more sense for him to dance with Kai?”

 

“So? You’re giving it you’re all too. Just because you are slower compared to Jongin or Sehun doesn’t that mean anything. You are good at your own pace.”

 

“That’s what you say but … not everything can be put this way. I have to be faster at this.” Luhan said as he lowered his head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter