sixteen: A Big Step For Hyunah

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaehyun took a glance at the range of outfits the stylists offered. He even went as far as picking a few clothes out since they didn't fit the image of the two men. They weren't just boys anymore but grown-up men and it would look hidious, if they were to wear leopard print pants.

 

"No, take that one." He said and sighed, when he turned away from the middle aged woman. She was chewing on her pink chewing gum as she stared at Jaehyun in disbelief. Though a lot of the staff in the company favored Jaehyun for both his looks and his skills... Lee Mi Rae wasn't even close to liking him. Especially when he ridiculed her style, whenever she tried something new on DBSK. 

 

"But this is in trend right now." Mirae retorted. A wrinkle between her brows became now prominent, a wrinkle she never had to bother about before. The youthful look she enjoyed with her age now totally gone because of the continual disputes between her and Jaehyun. 

 

"And it looks weird. Pick another set of outfits out." Jaehyun pointed out before dropping the piece of the so called pants on the table. He might not be their stylist but even as a manager knew he that he couldn't let the two walk out just like that.

 

"Can you just fire me?" Mirae sighed before taking the violet leopard print pants away from the table

 

"I will later and now go and bring something back that actually works." Jaehyun added. Mirae huffed while the wrinkle in between her brows deepend. Jaehyun turned away once Mirae walked out of the room. He leaned against the table for a second until his phone vibrated in his jeans pocket.

 

He took a glance at the ID's caller before answering the call. "Hey? Just tell me that nothing bad happened." He said when he could hear some growls in the background followed by a loud moan. 

 

"Oh no! Don't worry! Nothing happened! I just made the biggest discovery ever! Like-" Hyunah took a glance behind her before turning back again. It was just Lay, who kicked the coffee table due to frustration. 

 

"You won't believe me what happened!" Hyunah continued. She still sounded as excited as earlier when she decided to give Jaehyun a call, who was still heavily confused as to what she was trying to tell him. 

 

"And that is?" Jaehyun raised a brow. 

 

"You know how much they hate each other, right? How hard it is to bring them together backstage?" Hyunah asked. She was pressing her phone against her cheeks to muffle whatever Jaehyun was saying. She didn't want to destroy this moment she just created between the boys. 

 

"How can I forget that?" Jaehyun said. The sarcasm was practically dripping from his tone. 

 

"Anyways.. the boys are sitting together in the living room. And hold it." Hyunah stilled for a moment before she continued to add to the drama effect. "For 20 minutes now without it having anything to do with work!"

 

Jaehyun was obviously amazed when he heard it before frowning. "Are they under drugs? Did you give them something from Lay's ration?" 

 

"No, I did not! But.. I know where you are coming from and I still can't believe it!" Hyunah said before taking again a look at the boys behind her. She walked back with her phone towards the bunch of boys.

 

Jaehyun chuckled on the other side of the line before crossing his arm. His elbow resting on on top of his hand. "And just how did you do that?"

 

"Well, you know.. I figured I had to do something after I found something very interesting out but I will tell you later about it. Anyways, and as I was thinking what I can do to help strengthen their relationship, I thought about that one thing all men had interest in. ." Hyunah said. 

 

"They are watching ."

 

"Se- what?!" 

 

"And that's what I thought so too!" Hyunah made a hand gesture before resting her hand once again on her hip. "But it works." Hyunah said. She was amazed by herself but also amazed that it actually worked out for her. 

 

"W-wait.. what?!" 

 

"They are currently discussing who the prettiest star is and who didn't had any work done." Hyunah explained while still being oblivious to a rather weirded out Jaehyun. She was too excited about her newest success to notice. "I'm pretty proud though it didn't help bring Joonmyeon and Kris together but they're watching. I just couldn't get Luhan out of the bedroom. That's the only thing I'm upset about." Hyunah said thoughtfully while tapping her chin. 

 

"Hyunah, you-"

 

"Yeah, it's just as disgusting as it sounds but it works. I'll take whatever I can get, dude." Hyunah said before Jaehyun could say anything, heard he how Baekhyun called after her followed by a outrageous D.O. 

 

"I will take pics later. See ya, Jaehyun!" Hyunah said and hung up just like that.

 

"Hyunah? Hyunah-" Jaehyun was flustered for a moment. Mainly because of two reasons: the thing about the matter and that she came up with such a idea. But that ended quickly with a heartful laugh of his. He was even holding his stomach from laughter. 

 

"Alice Reid."

 

"You are really something." Jaehyun said while smiling to himself.

 

"Oh gawd, her is a lot better than her's." Suho retorted. Even Baekhyun was loss for words for a moment before finding his voice again. "Are you ing insane? She didn't even last a minute!"

 

"Forget Boah! Chinese adult movies are a lot better!" Lay exclaimed. 

 

"Yeah, no wonder you are saying that." Kai snickered as he gave Lay a once over.

 

Meanwhile sat Hyunah slowly down beside Chen, who on the other hand raised his hand to tell them his point of view. "Adult movies and  isn't the same!" 

 

"If you see the private parts, it is!" That came from half of the boys as reply.

 

Hyunah sat there. Smiling at them. Yep, she would later throw up. The image of various bodies still haunting her. They weren't only idiots but erts on top of that. 

 

***

 

"Where are you going?" Hyunah asked when she caught Xiumin in front of the front door. She was standing in her oversize tshirt and her long sweatpants in front of him, one hand on her hip while she raised her other arm to look at her watch. "At 11 o'clock?!" 

 

"Are you my mother?" He raised a brow at her while throwing his sports bag over his shoulder.

 

"Your manager." Hyunah replied. "But that's almost the same." 

 

"So, where do you think are you going?" Hyunah asked.

 

Xiumin nodded at his bag before he looked down at himself. "Guessing from my sport bag and my attire, where do you think?"

 

"It's almost midnight! Why do you have to go now?" Hyunah complained. "And besides.. we went earlier! Isn't that already enough?" She became sort of his training's partner though she didn't contribute to anything at all. She always slowed him down in his training due to him helping her most of the time. 

 

"I did nothing of my routine properly today." He deadpanned her to which she coughed. It was a funny story to tell to what happened earlier when they went, though Xiumin didn't find it funny at all. Half of the people, who were at the gym earlier think that he is gay now, since he carried Hyunah out earlier. The girl somehow managed to trip on the treadmill, which earned them a lot of laughs despite that Xiumin was part of a popular group. 

 

"I didn't do that on purpose! Like I said.. here!" She said and slid a bit of her pants up to show him her bruised shin. "It still hurts!"

 

"You are an idiot." Xiumin sighed before turning on his heel.

 

"Wait a minute!" Hyunah exclaimed suddenly just before Xiumin stepped a foot out of the door. He raised a brow at her, curious as to what she has to say more. "Why do you guys always have to leave so dramatically?" She muttered quietly to herself. "I will go with you." 

 

"I won't get any done with you. I will go on my own." 

 

"Either I'll go with you or I will throw a massive tantrum. You choose." Hyunah said and crossed her arms. Xiumin wouldn't normally feel threatened from that but he did underestimate Hyunah. Earlier was a perfect example. She was annoying Sehun to the bones earlier because he didn't close the lid. She didn't like that apparently. 

 

"Fine." He sighed. "If you stop causing me trouble you can go with me." He shot her a meaningful look to which she smiled in glee before running off towards her room. Xiumin sighed inwardly. He already had a bad feeling by taking her with him.

 

***

 

"Minseok." 

 

"Minseok." Hyunah called him already for the third time in a row but the guy just wouldn't stop. She gave up half an hour earlier. She had followed each of his excercises until it came to the pull-ups, she fell down like a hot potato. She wasn't excited either to work out with Xiumin but if that meant he wouldn't go alone then she would gladly pay that price.

 

"Isn't it already enough?" She asked while he punched into the punchbag. Xiumin wasn't sweating anymore. It looked like you threw him into a freaking pool. And yet the boy wouldn't take a longer break than half a minute and that's what worried Hyunah. It had been already more than 2 hours and he still didn't see a end to his hardcore regime. 

 

"I told you.. to go a hour ago." He breathed while still focusing his aim onto the dark blue punchbag. 

 

"Not without you." Hyunah piped up while crossing her arms. 

 

"Do what you want.." Xiumin muttered while wiping his sweat away from his forehead though it was useless since his sleeve was already soaked wet due to the amount of sweat he shed the last hours. 

 

"What is it to you?" Hyunah asked. The few people who were here earlier all long gone. It was almost three in the morning yet they were still here. Hyunah was already tired from the first hour but Xiumin didn't look like he would finish soon. And Dr Ji's words were still ringing in her head. The more Xiumin did the more worried she became. 

 

Xiumin, however, didn't respond and kept punching and kicking. Hyunah was trailing her eyes down along his body. She already thought that the idols were way too thin for their height. And Xiumin was no difference. Suho worried her also but she would never tell him that. But with Xiumin.. Xiumin was a little different, while Suho would stop working out as soon as his personal trainer tells him to. Xiumin would actually stay longer than good for him was. 

 

"You didn't eat dinner earlier with us." Hyunah pointed out while slowly raising up from the yoga mat. She walked over to Xiumin when he didn't reply again. "Wanna have a unhealthy snack on the way home?" 

 

"Not hungry." He mumbled. His aim wasn't good anymore and he missed the punchbag before quickly shaking his head to re-focus on the said bag, which was about to explode according to Hyunah but that could also result from the lack of sleep. Hyunah stood right beside him when she decided to end his workout, she raised her hands up to stop him. He hit her slightly due to her sudden movement. 

 

He shrieked as he turned to her. "Are you crazy?! I could have hurted you!" He said and pushed-her-oh-so-not-gently-away. However, that didn't stop Hyunah from anything and she stepped once again towards him. "It's enough. It's really enough for today, Minseok." 

 

"I told you, you can go, if you want!" He said now a little annoyed from her constant interruptions. It was a bad idea taking her with him to the gym. It was just like he thought.

 

Just before he could step towards the punching bag once more, felt he a warmth coming from behind him. He was hearing his rapid heartbeat probably due to the excercises he did earlier. He couldn't hear anything besides his heartbeats. But he could feel her. Her hands were wrapped around him from behind. She was holding onto her knuckles while giving him a tight back hug.

 

"I can hug you." She muttered. Her head was resting against his shoulder blades while Xiumin stilled completely. He didn't move a single muscle while focusing his attention onto the lightly swinging punchbag.

 

"..both my hands can reach for my other hand." She continued. Her right hand trailed upwards towards his ribcage. "Your ribs are really prominent too."

 

"This.. this is.. ual harrassement." Xiumin said with which he broke his silence. 

 

"Maybe." Hyunah said, unfazed from his accuse. "But that doesn't change the fact that something is wrong." She said and pulled away from the hug. 

 

"I am worried." She said while he still showed her only his back. "About you."

 

"Minseok. Kim Minseok. Turn around." Hyunah said after a while, when he still wouldn't respond. 

 

Xiumin felt hot, at first he thought it was because of the workout he had done so far, but according to his fast heartbeats after Hyunah pulled back from the hug it was not. It definitely wasn't the workout anymore. 

 

Hyunah had only good intentions by talking about Xiumin's illness but the guy certainly didn't listen to her or he would have already brushed her off with a rude remark. The only thing that bothered him at the moment was that he received a hug from his manager. His female manager. It wasn't like he wasn't aware of her gender but now.. he could only think, that she was actually a female living with 12 guys under the same roof!

 

***

 

Aside from Xiumin's unusual distance to Hyunah these days stayed almost everything the same. Almost. D.O was behaving odd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter