thirteen: Poison

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Things normally don't work out the way you want them to. And that's completely normal. Things will turn out for the better in the end. The suffering will come to a end eventually and you will smile by the end of the day. Hyunah never learned it the easy way. She always learned the hard way. The painful way. Life was never easy to her. She understood that ever since she was small. Even when a happy time passed by. It was only momentarily before it vanished as soon as it came. She knew for herself that there would never be a happy ending for her. A end it was but never a happy one.

 

"I say.. could you keep your music down?" 

 

Hyunah snapped her eyes up when she felt Chanyeol tugging on her earphones. Chris Martin's voice was blaring through the ear bud Chanyeol was holding up. He gave her a long stare before letting the ear bud fall on her shoulder. She watched how Chanyeol walked back to his keyboard and sunk back into his seat. The heavy headphones back on as he started composing once more. It became a habit of her to drive back to work after bringing the other bunch home. She would often find herself sitting in Chanyeol's little studio when he was in a good mood (bad mood meant he would lock himself in, not even going to the door to open up for her despite the countless annoying messages she send him, asking him to open the door for her). Today was such a day she was allowed to enter. 

 

"I don't even know why you bother coming here. I will probably sleep over here again." She heard him suddenly say when she was about to pick a new song she could listen to while waiting for him. Though he says that he barely stayed back lately.

 

"It's because you need sleep. New album releases are tough." Hyunah muttered before choosing a One Direction song. 

 

"Oh, you are worried about me?" 

 

Hyunah didn't need to see his face to know that he was grinning. A stupid one on top of that. "You wish." 

 

"True, you only worry about grumpy dwarf." Chanyeol replied before scratching the verse out he just wrote down. 

 

"Do I smell jealousy?" Hyunah asked amusedly while humming to Zayn Malik's voice. Whatever Chanyeol's reply was she didn't hear it when Harry and the rest kicked in. And she didn't really needed to know another korean cuss. Thanks to Chanyeol and the guys knew she more than enough. 

 

"Keep the music down." She heard him say again when she found him right in front of her face. His coffee breath was hitting her face before he leaned back after shutting the music down by pressing the pause button on her iPod. 

 

"Could you at least listen to real music?" Chanyeol snapped at her before turning his back once more to her. 

 

Hyunah rolled her eyes while throwing one leg over another before placing her arms behind her head. "Oh, yeah I forgot. I should listen to songs sung by guys in tight silver pants singing about their mothers, who apparently don't care about them. Yeah, might as well do that." 

 

"Oh, shut up." 

 

Hyunah snickered to herself. At least that kept Chanyeol from spouting anymore rubbish. She leaned to the side and stared at his back when there were no responses from his side anymore. She laid peacefully there while listening to Chanyeol's soft tunes. 

 

***

 

"You were sick?" Dr Ji asked while checking her patient file. 

 

Hyunah was about to response when she sensed the heavy glare directed at her. "Just.. a little bit." She muttered before flinching when she saw Dr Ji raising the metal clipboard. He never hit her before and it's not like he was allowed to but she definitely thought he was going to. However, the metal clipboard landed on his desk instead. Hyunah peeled her eyes slowly open to stare at Dr Ji before sighing. She wasn't so sure anymore if it was a good idea to come to him for her check-up's. Not her sickness would bring her to grave but maybe a heart attack due to his behaviour. 

 

"You need to tell me that beforehand." He reprimanded her before leaning back in his seat. 

 

"It's not like I knew I would become sick." Hyunah retorted before feeling his glare once more on her. "Sir." 

 

Dr Ji's frown hardened the longer he looked at the girl. "You have a very delicate body. Whatever happens to a healthy person is 10 times worse for you." 

 

"I know." Hyunah whispered. She started fidgeting around with her pale blue patient gown. Dr Ji looked a little longer at her. He was harsh with his words but he felt like it was the only way for Hyunah to understand. Out of all his patients felt he like that Hyunah was already giving up. Though she had better chances than his other patients. And that's something he disliked about the girl. 

 

"I want you to come next week too." He said after a while as he typed something away on his laptop. She could hear him hitting the keyboard several times before turning to the telephone on his desk. He pressed a button before ordering a nurse to come in to lead Hyunah to the next room. 

 

"She will be taking some blood samples and then you can leave." He said while his eyes remained on her file. 

 

"Yes, Sir." Hyunah nodded before turning to the nurse who entered quietly. Without another word left she Dr Ji's office and followed the nurse out. 

 

"Please this way." The nurse smiled politely at Hyunah and gestured her to the end of the hallway. She glanced up when she noticed that they were walking pass the waiting room. She was searching for her accompany before finally finding him among the other people. She smiled slightly at Jaehyun before following the nurse. Jaehyun looked after her before slowly falling back into his seat. 

 

***

 

D.O wasn't sure what to think of when he saw Hyunah entering the apartment. She looked dejected and totally out of it. She didn't even greet him like she normally would. Jaehyun patted her shoulder lightly before turning back to D.O. "Leave her alone for maybe an hour?" D.O looked at his former manager for a moment before turning back to Hyunah. Not even Kai's insult made her turn his way. She walked straight back to her room. 

 

"Where did you guys go?" D.O asked. 

 

Jaehyun pressed his lips into a thin line before nodding to Hyunah's direction. "Ask her yourself." 

 

"Then, is... she okey?" D.O asked once more. Jaehyun raised slowly a brow at him. He found it quite odd for D.O to care. To be honest he was the last person Jaehyun would expect to care. "Since when did someone else well-being matter to you?" 

 

"I can care if the person is worth it." D.O answered instantly while Jaehyun looked a little longer at him. 

 

"She is a nice girl. I don't want you to treat her the same way you treat others." Jaehyun said after while and was about to go when D.O called him back. 

 

"If she doesn't give me a reason there is no need to worry about." D.O replied before turning on his heel. 

 

"You are good at hiding your real self from her. I just hope for you she will still accept you after you reveal your real 'you'." 

 

Just when D.O was about to turn to him met he with a slam. Jaehyun had shut the door right in front of his face. 

 

***

 

Hyunah took a deep breath before opening her eyes again. She stared at nothing specific before slouching towards her desk. It was over and over with thousand of files. She still had to go to the agency later to check with the flight tickets plus she had to go over their schedule once again. She wouldn't complain normally but she felt drained from today. Dr Ji's words from earlier were still echoing in her mind. 

 

"Is it okey for you to not do anything? I mean you were resting the past few days." She startled upon hearing him.

 

Hyunah turned slowly around to face Kris, who was leaning against his head of the bed wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter