three: A Day Off

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ouh, this is so surreal!" Hyunah complained. 

 

She had her day off which was rare if you ask her. But she didn't complain. She didn't had to wake the boys up, she didn't had to drive them and she didn't have to pretend to be a boy. She pitied herself because of the last part. She made herself pretty comfortabe on the couch. Snacks on both sides of her thighs. And Baekhyun's Cheetos on her lap.

 

Hyunah never bothered watching k-dramas but seeing that there was nothing on, didn't she have any other choice. They didn't have Netflix. What a pity.

 

Hyunah wasn't into the korean shows nor into their music let alone the dramas. She remembered watching one but it wasn't to her liken. She was probably in her teens when she watched it. Boys Over Flowers. She couldn't understand why they hyped it so much. The boys were way prettier than the female lead. No one seemed to have explained her the title probably. And she didn't like male lead Lee Min Ho either. 

 

Hyunah titled her head when she saw Kim Tan appearing behind Cha Eun Sang. He hugged her from behind while nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck. "Oh, c'mon! What's with that cheesiness?" Not realising that the handsome actor is the curly head from Boys Over Flowers, also known as, Lee Min Ho. 

 

"Kick the bucket!" Hyunah exclaimed when Yoo Rachel came into the scene to obviously ruin the day. Gawd, she hated that character. Her hair was nice though. She frowned. "How come no one slaps her?"

 

"Tsk. And of course two guys fall for the main girl!" She scoffed at all the clichés the drama showed. Rich boy falls for poor girl but he is already engaged. His parents are against it. His older brother sees him as rival and after all the drama and disown stuff he finally could be with her. Couldn't they show more variety like How I Met Your Mother?

 

"Let's take Ted for example, he told basically the story about how he met his wife his whole life and then he ended up with his ex. See? That wasn't predictable, right?" 

 

"He has amazing brows though." Hyunah commented when both guys were ready to punch into each other obviously because they didn't like each other and because they both liked the same girl. She would later dig more into the work of Kim Woo Bin. She loved his brows. 

 

"As if two guys would fall for a girl in real life." That scoff was probably her loudest so far. 

 

"Who the hell are you talking to?"

 

Hyunah startled when she saw Chanyeol and Kai standing beside the couch. 

 

"When did you guys come home?" She asked since she didn't hear the door opening and closing at all. "I didn't hear you." The boys were never careful with shutting the front door. Like earlier in the morning when they all left for their schedule. She could hear them banging the door even from her bedroom. Even when she was still sleeping. Well, until they banged the door shut. 

 

"No wonder with that volume." Kai said a bit irritated and snatched the remote away from her before sitting down at the couch opposite of her. 

 

Hyunah rolled her eyes before slowly raising up. "Give me the remote back." Hyunah was about to take the remote back herself, seeing he didn't do anything even with her standing right in front of him.

 

"I don't want to." He simply said before switching it to another channel. Chanyeol sat wordlessly down beside him and joined him in watching some random variety show.

 

Whenever Hyunah tried to reach for the remote, raised Kai his laughter, probably to annoy her even more. And Chanyeol wasn't helping. What did she expect no one of the boys bothered helping her. 

 

"I hate you guys." Hyunah send both of them glares before retreating to her bedroom. 

 

"Same." Chanyeol declared as he raised his hand. 

 

Hyunah rolled her eyes as she kept mumbling. "Dills. Dills. Dills!" Before slamming the door behind her. 

 

Chanyeol and Kai exchanged looks before paying her no mind, anymore. Jung Hyung Don Sunbae-nim was way more entertaining than their manager. 

 

***

 

The boys were still watching TV when Hyunah exited her room again. Kai barely peeled his eyes away from the TV when he saw her leaving her room. "Where are you going?" Kai asked while Chanyeol was busy playing some games on his phone. "You need to drive us back to the headquarter." 

 

"I think you guys are old enough to go by yourself or call a cab perhaps, like all people do, who don't own a driver's license." She remarked when she stood in front of them. "Besides.. it's my day off, you idiot." She reminded him since she did remember telling them yesterday before going to bed.

 

Kai and Chanyeol looked her up and down when she stalked towards the entrance hall. They weren't used to her hair freely hanging down.

 

The apartment wasn't that big since they were 12 people in total. It would probably be a bit bigger if they didn't have so much stuff. Hyunah had barely space for her shoes in the shoe shelves. And of course each boy had to own at least 10 pair of shoes. Hyunah wore her sneakers as she looked at her reflection through the mirror. She let her hair down this time. The wig became itchy after wearing it the whole time but since she didn't have to be with the boys today didn't she bother putting it on. She would be on her own today. Finally. 

 

She accepted the job as their manager when Jaehyun returned. The bright smile on Jaehyun told her that he was happy, way too happy because Jaehyun left them on the same day. She was now officially EXO's manager. The manager of arrogant and annoying airheads. Hyunah swore she already saw a grey hair popping out from all the stress the boys gave her. The job itself wasn't the problem but them. She glared at the two morons on the couch before reaching for the door knob to walk out. It felt good being on her own tonight. The job made her a mom with 11 kids. One more annoying than the other.

 

A few fans were standing outside when she passed by. They were the more eager fans in other words the sasaengs. In order not to attract any attention tipped she the guards in the building to shoo them away. The loud commotion gave her the opportunity to snuck out of the apartment building without a problem and most importantly without being seen. 

 

It was a rather windy night today. She didn't bother bringing a jacket with her thinking that a hoddie was already enough. 

 

Hyunah let her hoddie down when she entered a pub in her neighbourhood. It wasn't packed like the rest of the bars she passed by. The owner didn't seem to care much about his customers maybe that's the reason people avoided coming here. But Hyunah didn't mind the harsh owner as long as she got her beer was everything okey. Her phone buzzed in her jacket pocket.

 

She ignored the message Kai texted her and jumped to the message from Xiumin. She texted him earlier in the morning asking if he was okey. Guess he was since he replied only now. A simple 'Yeah' took him 10 hours to write. "And I worried about you." She muttered before taking a sip from her beer. 

 

Hyunah watched the rain outside from where she was sitting before deciding to head back. She had to drive the boys to the SM building since she needed to check something regarding their schedules for the next few days. And she still had to confirm the flight tickets with the staff for the next week. Even though she would like for Kai to walk in the pouring rain, she couldn't. Taking the metro was also a no for them, a strict rule from above. All public transportation were a no. 

 

"I'm back. Put your shoes on." Hyunah said as soon as she entered the apartment, half wet since she ran all the way back here. The two were still in front of the TV. 

 

"I thought you didn't want to drive us?" Kai asked, not really interested, even he seemed to be bored by his question. 

 

"Hurry." She hissed. "I might still change my mind."  

 

Chanyeol was the first one who got up followed by a lazy Kai. Hyunah titled her head as she saw the two walking away. Not only that the boys hated on her, they also didn't seem to be big fans of each other. Though there were some groups formed. Most of the time were the boys on their own. Or like Sehun who hated on everyone and wanted to be alone all the time. 

 

She her heel and walked back to her room. Her clothes were wet from the rain and she needed to change. Though Hyunah's choice in clothes weren't anything fancy or girly girl, did she still consider herself as a feminine girl. She was like all the other girls and women into makeup. In the end went Hyunah with the same hoodie and paired it with some black skinny jeans and a loose grey tee. 

 

"Hyung!" Hyunah really had to get used to the way the boys called her 'Hyung'. She was even called Hyung by the older guys. Something the heads from SM came up with in order to fully blend into the male she pretended to be. Well, at least she didn't have to refer to them as 'Oppa' or something. Since Hyunah was living abroad the whole time, did she never learn the korean culture. 

 

She was reminded of the age thing when she was almost hit by a old man when she didn't use honorifics to adress him. And that's how her first day in South Korea started. 

 

Chanyeol and Kai walked pass the few fans who still stood there even when the guards from the apartment building used force. "Hurry." Hyunah hissed when Kai hit her accidently with his sports bag. She wasn't even sure anymore if he did it on purpose or if he was born to annoy her. 

 

***

 

Hyunah locked the car before walking with the boys to the elevator in the parking lot. "When will you guys finish?" She wasn't even sure what they were up to today.

 

"I will be spending the night here." Chanyeol informed her. She was already used to him spending his nights over here in order to write on some lyrics. Now that she thought about it. She never heard any of his work though she always heard the tunes coming from his room she never actually heard him sing. 

 

Hyunah nodded before turning to Kai. "What about you?" 

 

"You can wait for me, Hyung." 

 

"Jongin?" 

 

"Yes?" Kai already had tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter