twenty-eight: Alice and her cards

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„What are you guys on? Seriously?“ Hyunah frowned while spinning around to walk back to the kitchen. She knew that the boys she lived with were crazy but not that crazy actually, right? „Ask Lay that!“ Someone shouted from the back.

 

Hyunah scowled ugly while D.O was hot on her tails like the lost puppy he would become whenever she was around. A odd spectacle whenever s saw it.

 

„Why didn‘t you tell us something as important as that?“ Baekhyun asked while staring her dead in the eyes. She was standing opposite from him from behind the kitchen counter before turning to the other boys, who also followed along. Lay was apparently the only one, who stayed behind. This reminded her to check next time the quality of the weed before actually giving it to him. „You can’t be serious, Eyeliner-Baek.“ Seeing that he wasn’t reacting to her insult nor the boys (normally they would be laughing), must they be serious this time.

 

„Because that‘s a private matter?“ She said obviously while the boys side-eyed her. She really didn‘t understand why they were so mad about it. And they probably didn‘t understand it too. Especially Kai, who was dating Krystal. 

 

„What is private nowadays anyways, dear?“ Kai asked.

 

„Like keeping your hands off my phone!“ Hyunah hissed before taking her phone once again back from Tao. He had a bad habit of stealing her phone whenever she wasn‘t looking. She really doesn‘t know why. 

 

„I was just checking if you have any pictures of Minho.“ 

 

„Does she?“ Xiumin asked.

 

„Really, Minseok?“ Hyunah deadpanned him. Wasn‘t he supposed to be the oldest? Damn him and his cute full cheeks or else she would be as mad at him as at the others. 

 

He shrugged while Hyunah tried to look away when he stuffed his face with her burned muffins. Whatever he thought he was grabbing - probably a apple - it wasn’t eatable. He grimaced before he spit it out. „Serves you right.“ Hyunah thought before turning to the rest. It surprised her to see Kris and Luhan actually coming along since they were more with each other or with her mostly. Well, they are roommates after all.

 

„We’re not official.“ Hyunah said after a while which took the guys off-guard.

 

Baekhyun was the first one to react by the surprising news. And also the first one to smile inwardly. Thinking to himself that she was willing to tell them finally something.

 

„I never thought she would date someone.“ Tao thought while contemplating his plan to steal her phone again.

 

„As long as you’re happy.. it’s fine I guess.“ Kris said and broke the silence with that. He ruffled Hyunah’s blonde hair before turning and leaving the kitchen. Hyunah felt somehow calm when Kris did that. It wasn’t long after Luhan decided to leave the chaos too. He elbowed her lightly before leaving them alone in the kitchen. He could still ask her later.

 

However the calm the both chinese boys have left behind soon vanished as soon as she heard Kai from behind her.

 

„Yeah.. no, so did you guys do it?“

 

After a deep frown, several heavy breaths later and a crunched-down Kai… has Hyunah left the kitchen and decided to go to her room too.

 

Hyunah stood against the door for a few minutes. Afraid that Baekhyun might burst inside or that Chanyeol kicks the door down.

 

Luhan was scowling at her as soon as she came in while Kris was nowhere to be found. „Why are you seeing Minho?“

 

„Why am I not allowed?“ Hyunah threw back right after. „And besides weren’t you supposed to be the understanding one?“ 

 

„Kris is the calm one. I am the one, who speaks up if something bothers me.“ 

 

„Obviously.“ Hyunah rolled her eyes.

 

„Don’t give me that.“

 

„Look Lu. I like talking to you but there are certain things I cannot talk to you about.“ And she wasn’t only referring to her health with that.

 

„If you can talk to me about Jaehyun then I sure have the right to know what’s going on with you and Minho.“ Luhan pointed out while Hyunah gaped at him.

 

„Now you are speechless.“ Luhan grinned but Hyunah was still gaping at him unsure how to react.

 

„Well, of course I am! You hate talking about that.“ 

 

„I do and I will get mad if you wanna talk about my uality again.“ Luhan said with a glare directed at the girl.

 

„But I trust you and as much as I trust you I want you to do the same too. I won’t say anything.“ Luhan said while Hyunah sighed before sitting down beside him. She leant against his shoulder while listening to his breath sounds for a while. 

 

„It might not be as confusing as your relationship with Jaehyun.“ Hyunah her lips before continuing. „But will you really listen?“

 

„The oh-so-not-gay-person here will gladly listen.“ Luhan replied while Hyunah elbowed him lightly. „Even if you are the gayest person out there, I would still choose you as the manliest at the same time.“

 

„That’s what I meant by not talking about it.“ Luhan grumbled. „But thank you.“ He mumbled quietly. 

 

„But for the record.. I am not gay!“ He said before poking Hyunah’s forehead.

 

„True, you are just emotionally confused and you were relying onto Jaehyun at the time, who somehow misunderstood you but you didn’t dislike it but the relationship between you became complicated when you suddenly wanted to but he backed away.“ Hyunah said in one-go as she turned to Luhan. „Did I get it right?“

 

Luhan was blushing slightly while Hyunah shrugged as she turned to get up. „Something like that.“ He muttered while she threw her hoodie into her corner of the room. „I will take a shower while you set up your mind finally.“ 

 

„You know that he is dating him and you also know that he is happy.“ Hyunah said while tying up her hair. „Are you willing to wait?“

 

„No. I will let him be.“ 

 

Hyunah turned to him. She wanted to see the look on his face when he said that. After all Luhan liked to trick her from time to time. Of course to his advantage. „Are you lying?“

 

„Shouldn’t you know by now when I lie and when not?“ He smirked.

 

„As amazing as I am I dunnot know when you’re bluffing and when not.“ Hyunah replied.

 

Luhan’s smile disappeared as he stared at Hyunah’s serious face. No matter how much she knew about him there were just things she could never decipher. „I’m just going to say it again what I told you before. I am not gay.“

 

Hyunah blinked at him for a while before widening her eyes. Never did it click so fast than now. „Wait, you like someone? You like a girl?!“ 

 

Luhan frowned slightly. Now he wasn’t so sure anymore if he should have told her. He might be still looking after Jaehyun from time to time. But not as much anymore. He found himself immersed with someone’ else very presence. 

 

„Didn’t you want to shower?“

 

„That can wait. Who do you like?“ Her eyes sparkled at the new reveal of him. She wouldn’t say she was a busybody - Luhan would say yes - she was just wishing for the boys to feel happy. Ever since she saw the struggles they were actually facing off-stage. Everyone of them were facing more than just one inner „demon“. 

 

„Maybe I am gay.“ He said after a while. Hyunah frowned while Luhan laughed as he pushed her outside.

 

„But nice play, Reid. You won this time.“ Luhan said while he send her off to the „bathroom“. „I won, what?“ She twirled and stared at him before running off with a grin.

 

„Pff, as if you don’t know.“ He shook his head before returning back to their room. „I will get you to talk about Minho though. Just wait.“

 

***

 

„Tonight was nice.“ She smiled while Chanyeol was busy picking his clothes up.

 

„Did you make them listen already?“ He asked. She looked up from her bed side as she watched Chanyeol getting dressed.

 

„Are you going already?“ She asked. A little disappointed that he wouldn’t stay but that was nothing new to her. He never stayed behind. Not that she minded though.

 

„We’re done aren’t we?“ Chanyeol snapped before throwing on his tee.

 

„Boy, you need something from me. So, shouldn’t you be a little nicer to Noona?“ She asked while Chanyeol stared at her.

 

„You know I do wonder if you can really do something for me. I mean you did make them listen to my songs once or twice before but you didn’t afterwards.“ He said before he continued. „Maybe.. just maybe your fame has faded, BoA Noona.“

 

She gritted her teeth while keeping a straight face before sliding off from her side of the bed. She walked towards him with a smile instead of the irritation she would very much like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter