twenty two: Wonderland - Part 1

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai wasn't sure how he managed to fall asleep by holding Hyunah's hand and being used as pillow when she ended up leaning against his shoulder. It was a miracle itself that she stayed in that position the whole flight. He even tried to wake her up for their dinner or breakfast. He wasn't sure but probably breakfast. He smelled the eggs but nothing. She wouldn't let go of his hand but maybe it was a good thing. She was knocked out and therefore not scared anymore. Kai had to pass on the food too since she was holding his right hand and therefore- Well, you know the deal. 

 

He was staring at her once the stewardess left his side with the food. The tears she shed only a few hours ago were dried up. Her nose a little red while her eyes were puffy from crying. Although she looked like a hot mess. He didn't find her gross or anything. He would even go as far as admit (to himself) that she was adorable even. Seeing her vulnerable like that was definitely something new to him. Witnessing the fury actually being a girl. He didn't think he would live to see that day once. And here she was. Falling asleep after crying while holding the hand of a person she thought would never help her out. 

 

Baekhyun stretched upwards when he finally placed the controller down. He had eyebags but the game was worth it. He titled his head to the side to hear the smoothing crack. Oh, he enjoyed doing that. He glanced then to his side to find Chen frowing at the screen in front of him. It showed their current whereabouts. And Baekhyun realised that he played through the whole flight. He would definitely regret it later for staying up the whole flight but he didn't care at the moment. He was too hyper by the lack of sleep. "We're gonna land soon." Baekhyun breathed before leaning against his much neglected pillow. Maybe he could take a power nap? 

 

However, Baekhyun failed to notice that his seatmate wasn't paying him any attention. If Baekhyun didn't point out what Chen has been staring at - Chen wouldn't have even noticed where they were. Not only Baekhyun had a sleepless night. Chen too. Thoughts had kept the main vocalist up and they were still bothering him. 

 

Without further incidents landed they in Sydney. 

 

Hyunah had to glance at Kai when he handed her a brown paper bag. He wasn't anywhere when they got off the plane and she was about to get mad at him for disappearing but soon wasn't anymore when he handed her a warm bag. It smelled good. Warm bread. The bread type you would only get in Australia. And though she wasn't sure.. she thought for a split second he mouthed the word 'sorry'? However, that raw moment was soon destroyed when Baekhyun slapped her shoulder from behind. "I'm tired!" He whined loudly while Hyunah glared at him. She bit into her breakfast and strutted off with Baekhyun hot on her tail and the other boys right behind. 

 

***

 

Hyunah had to squint at the paper she was holding. Suho, who stood on her right, while Kris on her left did the same. But no matter how long they looked at it. The number wouldn't change into a 8. After arriving and checking in at their hotel, checked Hyunah their first schedule. No wonder there weren't a lot of paparazzis. They were too early here! 2 days to be exact. The filming of their variety show wouldn't start until thursday.

 

Mina snorted lightly. She was normally friendly but for a manager to be wrong about the date and only realising it now? She really thought Hyunah lacked some brain cells. Hyunah, who haven't or just plainly ignored Mina went over to sit on her bed. Her loose hair falling over her face while some boys looked worriedly at her. Kyungsoo, who stood the furthest to Mina threw a full water bottle at her shin to which she yelped. A smug grin made it's way onto his lips before he slouched to Hyunah's side like a lost puppy. Mina looked up to find out, who the culprit was but ended up getting a pillow into her face when Chanyeol passed her. She looked puzzled at first before turning to her right to find Chanyeol making himself comfortable on the couch. He sighed in relief when he placed the pillow behind him before eyeing Mina when he noticed her staring at him. He raised a brow at her. "What?" Mina looked slightly taken a back but highly confused too. What was up with them? She ended up leaving the room much to Chanyeol's delight because he had more space now. 

 

"I can't believe I made this mistake." Hyunah muttered. She could already imagine Mr Kang screaming at her for her incompetence. And especially now when she thought she did the right thing for the first time. Suho shook his head before sighing as he went to sit down. Hyunah was already used to being ridiculed by him anyways. "It's not that bad." Kyungsoo said. Hyunah turned slightly to him to find him offering her a small smile. He really looked at the moment but not even Kyungsoo's smile could cheer her up. After the whole incident with Soomin and all, wanted she to focus on work and them. And only on those 2 things but here she was doing again things wrong. "No, seriously now. I messed up again.." She muttered.

 

The boys couldn't say much too since she was kind of right. How in the world would you explain such a mistake to Mr Kang? He wouldn't accept anything less. And he already had a eye on Hyunah. He wouldn't let her pass. Luhan was one of those too, who noticed her dejected expression. And he couldn't stand seeing her like that either. He leaned his arms on top off her bare legs which took a few guys around them by alarm. Especially the one with huge eyes next to them. Hyunah was pouting unconsciously as she stared at Luhan once she noticed the warmth of him. He was smiling at her before nodding outside. "You lived here. Why don't you show us around?" While Luhan said those words so easily took it some of them by surprise. One of them was Suho. 

 

"Instead of sulking in here. We should explore Sydney while not many are following us. Mr Kang already hates you, which you already knew. So, wouldn't that be more fun?" Luhan asked. Hyunah bit on her bottom lip while looking at Luhan. She haven't been for a long time in Sydney and she haven't seen her dad too, and she was dying to see him. With a hesitant nod agreed she with him. It wasn't even long before they headed out in disguise but to be extra sure, rented they a small bus to get by in the city. 

 

"You have a bus license?" Xiumin asked once he took a seat behind Hyunah. Hyunah adjusted the mirror on her side before glancing at Xiumin. "You guys don't know a lot about me." 

 

"Yeah, and I'm starting to wonder what you did before." Tao muttered. 

 

"Where do you guys wanna take a stop first?" Hyunah asked from the front. Some muttered 'I don't know's' or shrugged only before Hyunah asked once more. "Or are you guys hungry?" 

 

"We can go anywhere you guys like?" She asked. And instead of being rough like she always was appeared she for once in a while soft. She didn't wear her weird diguise but opted for a cap and some sunnies. Her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Hyunah wasn't really the sunglasses type but she wore them probably to avoid being questioned as to why her eyes were puffy. However, to the boys appeared she relaxed. Since learning that Hyunah used to spend almost her entirely life here began they to understand how much this city meant to her. How much she actually missed Australia. 

 

"We'll go anywhere you like." Baekhyun suggested from behind before adding snippishly. "I mean we don't know a thing about here?" It was pretty much obvious that they really didn't. Sydney is a cool city but the boys preferred other cities more like Berlin, London and New York City. But for Hyunah, Baekhyun would make a exception. He would actually give the city a go. 

 

It was a short and spontanous but much needed vacation they all needed. It helped them to relax and actually forget the dark days they had to go through. Most of them could let their problems behind and enjoy the here and now. After trying some various fish delicacies and Hyunah managing to throw kangaroo meat into Sehun's mouth decided they to stop by near the coast. It wasn't as beautiful as the other beaches they drove by. It wasn't even allowed to swim in this area but it was okey. It wasn't a swim weather anyways. 

 

Hyunah already noticed that not all of the boys are on good terms. And if they were then they were only tolerating the other one but today.. it actually looked like they were on good terms. She was looking after Chanyeol and Baekhyun. How Baekhyun actually managed to find a crab here puzzled he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter