eleven: A Rainy Night, 2 Scaredy Cats And A Lost Unicorn (PART 1)

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyunah tried her hardest in ignoring the kids behind her. But it was hard to when one started tugging on her hair. "You guys don't even look alike!" The boy said and began to imitate slit formed eyes with his fingers finally letting go of her hair while doing so. The others beside him laughing.

 

"Shut up! He is my daddy!" Hyunah yelled as she gripped onto her washed-out denim jeans. 

 

"Then, wouldn't you have blue eyes as well?" Another asked. 

 

"But you have poop eyes!" Someone chortled from the back. 

 

"He is not your daddy! You are chinese!" 

 

"I'm not chinese!" Hyunah glared at the kids as tears of anger welled up in her eyes. 

 

 

"Ms Reid?"

 

Hyunah was staring all the while at the ceiling even when someone entered the room. It was only when Jaehyun nudged her that she looked up. "I'm sorry?"

 

"It's alright." The man said and smiled at her before taking her patient file from the front of her bed. "You had high fever when you came in last night. How do you feel now?"

 

Hyunah raised her hand slowly up to feel her forehead. She couldn't remember how she got here or when Jaehyun got here but apparently long enough to discuss her condition with the doctor. 

 

"She should rest for today and she should be fine the next few days." The doctor said finally and smiled at both Jaehyun and Hyunah before leaving the room. 

 

Hyunah sat slowly up in her bed to overview the room before turning back to Jaehyun. "Did you bring me here?" 

 

"Obviously." Jaehyun said before sitting down beside her on the chair. "Why didn't you say anything?"

 

"It's not like I did that on purpose." She said and raised a brow at him. 

 

"Hey, I'm not picking a fight with you." Jaehyun said. 

 

"Really? I thought you were." She murmured to which he glared at her. "Okey, sorry. I take that back." 

 

"If it's too much to you why didn't you say so?" Jaehyun sighed. 

 

"To be honest? I didn't know either. It's just.. it won't happen again." Hyunah said quickly. 

 

"Hey." Jaehyun began as he watched her fiddle with her fingers. "About last time.. I didn't mean to say it like that. I wouldn't fire you." 

 

Hyunah glanced at him as he scratched his nape in frustration. "It's just.. I also have to follow rules. I have the full responsibility for what you do since I got you in." 

 

She pressed her lips into a thin line before replying, "I only cause problems. I make lots of mistake. With you and Sunmi.. I would be nothing. Just why, Jaehyun?" She asked. "I mean I'm only half of the weight of those bulky female managers in the building. I don't contribute much to the boys safety nor to their schedules." 

 

"Honestly speaking?" Jaehyun asked and titled his head as he leaned back in his seat. "I don't know."

 

"You don't know?" Hyunah frowned at him.

 

"Don't misunderstand me. I didn't do that out of a whim. I just had a feeling that you were the perfect one for the job." Jaehyun said.

 

"That sounds exactly like doing it out of a whim." Hyunah thought. Her frown still visible. 

 

"You know they aren't bad guys." Jaehyun started before noticing Hyunah's frown deepening. "At least not all of them."

 

"I watched them during their trainee days. They are really nice guys. But their fans nor friends not even their families can see behind their facadé." 

 

"And you think I'm some type of a saviour?" She gave him an incredulous look. 

 

"No, but someone who keeps everything to herself just like them." Jaehyun pointed out before handing her, her phone. Hyunah frowned for a moment before taking her phone from him. 

 

She glanced at her phone to see several missed calls and texts. She scrolled through the individual messages she received. 

 

[3 missed calls from Do Kyung Soo]

 

KkyungSsoo12: [Are you alright? I heard you fainted?]

 

00004HyunBaek00004: [Where did you hide the ramyuns?]

 

xiu_min_90: [Did you faint because of the workout?]

 

Sunmi_Baek_: [WHERE ARE YOU?!]

 

[2 missed calls from Baek Sun Mi]

 

SunSun_Baek_: [Yah, Hyunah! Don't get me started with the Eonnie card! Are you alright?]

 

01sssuho: [Are you dead?]

 

Zyxxx: [Do we finally get a new manager?]

 

00004HyunBaek00004: [Hello? First world problems here! Where are the ramyuns?]

 

_7_Lu: [I bought a filter for the room in case you feel like infecting Kris and me.]

 

H.Ziitao: [It's so refreshing not hearing your noisy voice.]

 

Jjong_DAY: [Hey, who will pick me up?]

 

00004HyunBaek00004: [R-A-M-Y-U-N!!!!!]

 

Jjong_DAY: [I'm still standing here. Waiting and watching ALL the other idols getting picked up by their managers.]

 

"I will kill Baekhyun.." She muttered as she went through every single one of them. Her breath hitched, however, when she got to the last missed call on her list.

 

[1 missed call from Samsung Medical Center]

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [You ok? I heard you fainted.]

 

[1 voicemail from Samsung Medical Center]

 

"I will have to leave now since I am in charge for the boys for the time being. I can cover up for you for the few days and afterwards let's talk about a substitute for when you're not here." Jaehyun explained before walking over to the door. 

 

Hyunah peeled her eyes away from her screen to look at Jaehyun. "Wait, what do you mean by substitute?" 

 

***

 

"Do you know how worried I was when I heard from Jaehyun you fainted?" Sunmi asked.

 

"Yeah, sorry about that. I think I just had a burn-out from... yeah, everything." Hyunah sighed before picking her hoodie up from the bed. 

 

"Guess so.." Sunmi muttered before leading the way to where she parked her car. "Well, can't be helped. Anyway, you're free now right?" 

 

"Yeah, Jaehyun gave me a few days off." Hyunah glanced at the girl. 

 

"How lucky... I still have a few clients to tend to. For example the one who picked you up." Sunmi hummed.

 

"You will do your makeup too?" 

 

Sunmi frowned as she turned to Hyunah. "What? No." 

 

"I mean the one who caught you when you fainted in the hallways yesterday." Sunmi added. Hyunah stared at her for a moment. "Didn't Jaehyun bring me here?" 

 

The older girl sighed before flicking Hyunah's forehead. "He did but he wasn't the one who found you. Apparently it was.. hold it." Sunmi said and looked left and right to make sure no one was near them. She brushed Hyunah's blonde hair to the side before cupping her right ear. "Choi Min Ho." 

 

Hyunah leaned lightly back to stare at her. 

 

"It's Choi Min Ho." Sunmi repeated and slapped Hyunah's shoulder lightly. 

 

"Yeah, I heard you the first time." Hyunah replied.

 

"Aren't you excited?" Sunmi asked and stared at her in disbelief. A lot of girls would be if they were to be caught by Minho even herself and she was engaged. Who wouldn't be swoon by that gorgeous man?

 

"Not really since I can't remember anything." She shrugged while continuing to slouch the hallways of the hospital down. 

 

"Are you serious?" Sunmi deadpanned.

 

"Do you even know who Choi Min Ho is?" Sunmi asked and gave her a look.

 

"Stop that." Hyunah shot her a look too. "Yeah, I know who he is. I run into you guys last time when I asked you to do something about my black eye."  

 

"Now that you say it." Sunmi leaned forward to examine Hyunah's face. She titled her head to the side to take a better look at it. "Does it still hurt?"

 

"No." Hyunah replied. "But the way you are holding my chin." She added before slapping her hand away. 

 

"Well... how about you go with me to work?" Sunmi titled her head when they reached her car in the parking lot. She was looking at Hyunah from the driver's seat side. 

 

"Jaehyun managed to get me a few days off. I don't think it's a good idea to appear at work." Hyunah replied.

 

"Not your workplace but mine." Sunmi winked. "You don't have anything special to do today, right?" Sunmi gave her one last look before getting into the red car. 

 

***

 

"Out of the way!" Someone hollered from behind Hyunah. She quickly stepped aside before the rod, a staff member was holding, could hit her. He grunted as he walked pass her towards the set. 

 

"Rude much?" She wondered before heaving the makeup suitcase towards the dressing rooms of the boys. She encountered a few more busy staff members before finally making it to Sunmi and the SHINee boys.

 

Taemin was grinning up to Sunmi when she did his eyeliner. "Taemin-ssi, please." Sunmi hissed under her breath. 

 

"Fine." Taemin sighed as he threw his hands up in defeat. "I'll stop." But he didn't do as he said. Like always. Sunmi sighed but continued, anyway.

 

Just then the door opened revealing Hyunah with the black suitcase. Sunmi smiled while the other boys exchanged looks. "Thanks for getting it." 

 

"No problem." Hyunah said and glanced at the boys before her gaze finally landed on Minho, who already was looking at her. 

 

"Is she our new hairstylist?" Onew wondered and turned to Sunmi for answers. Even Taemin stopped bothering Sunmi for a moment to look also at the new girl. 

 

"No, she is my friend." Sunmi started before taking a contouring palette next. "And the new manager in the agency." 

 

"She is?" Jonghyun muttered. "What's your name?" He asked as he stared at her from where he was sitting. 

 

Hyunah eyed him. Normally she would have just told them her name but the way Jonghyun was asking for it.. it didn't feel right. There was arrogance dripping from his tone which he didn't even try covering. And Hyunah didn't like it. She didn't like it when the EXO boys did it and she certainly wouldn't like it when Jonghyun did it. 

 

"Hyunah. It's Hyunah." Someone replied in her stead and she glanced over at him. Minho was unaware that he defused the situation and so were the others. 

 

"That guy.. didn't he say something about a new female manager?" Jonghyun wondered and turned to Key. "You mean Suho?"

 

"I get you don't like him but could you at least refer to him once in a while? This way I wouldn't have to ask the whole time who you're referring to." Key snorted. 

 

Hyunah snapped her head to Key when she caught on to what he said. He was already looking away from Jonghyun but she clearly heard what he said. 

 

"Next one." Sunmi said suddenly and Taemin got off of his chair while Key made his way to the seat in front of the mirror. 

 

"Who are we gossiping about this time?" Taemin asked as soon as he took Key's previous seat in. He even went as far as leaning towards Jonghyun, who on the other hand tried to focus on his phone. 

 

"No one. Now get off of me." Jonghyun replied and pushed him away with a glare. 

 

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked which pulled Hyunah out of her daze. 

 

"I'm sorry?" She looked at Minho. He was the only one who was still paying attention to her unlike the other guys who forgot about her existence as soon as they heard her name. 

 

"You fainted yesterday. Are you alright now?" 

 

"Why does everyone-.. Oh, right he found me." Hyunah thought. "Yeah, thanks for that." She replied and scratched her nape awkwardly.

 

"No worries." He smiled. 

 

Hyunah found herself staring at him. That's it. SHINee's Choi Min Ho was the equivalent to EXO's D.O. And Jonghyun was the equivalent to Suho feat. Lay and Chanyeol. Taemin would be EXO's Baekhyun and Key? Hyunah still had to figure out who Key was in EXO but definitely someone hard to cope with, seeing how he behaves around Sunmi. 

 

"Can't we use another colour?" Key asked. "My eyes look way better with rosé gold." He said and pointed at the other eyeshadows in front of him. 

 

"The theme for today is dark, Key-ssi." Sunmi deadpanned as she was holding the black eyeshadow.

 

"But a little gold never hurted someone?" He winked.

 

***

 

"Wait, she gets to sleep in while we have to wake up earlier than usual?" Lay complained as he pointed at Hyunah. 

 

"She is sick, Lay." Jaehyun reminded him when he stood by the door frame. 

 

"And the only reason you guys have to get up earlier is because you guys are filming your new music video." Jaehyun reminded him before handing Hyunah the white plastic bag he has been holding. 

 

"I bought your medicine earlier. Take them once a day after your meal." Jaehyun reminded her before turning back to the rest of the boys.

 

"I expect you guys to be nice to her and do as she says." Jaehyun said.

 

"Why do we have to-" Just before Baekhyun could finish whatever complaint he had to utter, shut Jaehyun him with a single glare down. "Because she is babysitting you guys 24/7."

 

"I made porridge." They suddenly heard D.O from behind them.

 

"See? Be like D.O." Jaehyun said and gave Hyunah a short lived smile.

 

"That's because he wants to get in her pants." Not long after he said that came 4 hits his way. The 1st from Jaehyun, the 2nd one from Hyunah. The 3rd one from D.O and his scoop he has been holding. And the 4th one came from Chanyeol who accidently hit him with his elbow when he covered his mouth since he was yawning. Baekhyun complained that he did that on purpose but Chanyeol assured him he didn't do that on purpose. It was just that Baekhyun was small in height.

 

"Give me my scoop back." Baekhyun heard D.O suddenly. Rather close if he may add. He turned to his right to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter