seventeen: Sunmi's Betrayal

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Should I help you?" Chanyeol asked. He just woke up just like the other guys. They re-scheduled the filming for their MV comeback with the director finally squeezing in time for them since he also had a tight schedule to follow. It took a little over a week but it was better than nothing. 

 

"You are quite short, huh?" Chanyeol's grin was wider than usual. He was watching Hyunah jump in a pathetic manner as she tried to get a cup from the higher shelf. Chanyeol, who stood beside her, could with ease reach for said cup but Hyunah wasn't the type to ask him for a favor and Chanyeol wasn't the type to offer her to take it down. 

 

"You are.." Hyunah began. "An ." She finished after finally deciding that she was indeed too short for the shelf. 

 

"You could beg for my help." Chanyeol said thoughtfully while tapping against his chin with his index finger. Hyunah had to look up at the taller guy only to find him smirking at her.

 

"You wish." She gritted her teeth. 

 

"Here." She heard another deep voice but this time it came from behind her. Chanyeol rolled his eyes before deciding to walk away from the two. Hyunah could only see the arm of the person from behind her, reaching forward to get the wanted cup of Hyunah. He handed it to her. Hyunah's breath stucked for a moment when she got a whiff of his scent before glancing behind her. Kris was nodding to the cup he was holding, he was waiting for her to take it, which she eventually did. "Thank you." She muttered. He barely nodded before making his way around the counter. The other boys were scattered around in the living room or in their rooms getting ready to leave soon.

 

Hyunah watched him how he shook flakes out of the cereal box before he poured the milk on top of it, he had gotten out of the fridge earlier. Hyunah poured herself a cup of water first and drunk it down in one go before walking over to the water boiler. She poured herself some hot water before letting the tea bag soak in it. "You put cereals in first?" 

 

"Why, I can't?" Kris asked before taking his first bite of it. Hyunah shrugged as answer. "I thought you were the milk-in-first-type." 

 

Hyunah could have face-palmed herself for that stupid comment. She was still awkward around him despite talking with him about delicate topics. Some would think they would've already crossed the awkward-line. But it could be also the fact that Hyunah thought that Kris was really good looking. Out of the 12 was he the only one, who got her to think that he was actually handsome at first sight. And unlike the rest was he mature and quiet. Traits Hyunah missed in the other guys.

 

Kris stared at her for a while before dropping his spoon once again into his bowl to get another spoon of his breakfast. "You are terrible in holding a small talk." 

 

"You don't need to remind me." She sighed before blowing on her cup of tea.

 

Kris chuckled to himself. She was pretty easy to read and easy going too, something the other boys missed out on. She wasn't as terrible as the few managers they had before. Though she appeared just as rough with her words as the others, Hyunah was actually caring towards them. It wasn't like she gave advices but she was actually listening without them even telling her in person what their problems were. She was just there and trying. He was one of the few, who actually enjoyed her presence. But he was probably the only one too, who would say openly that he liked her as manager. 

 

"Then, let me begin the conversation." Kris replied. Hyunah glanced at him from the side. She was a little embarrassed and didn't dare to look fully at him. "Since when do you have that? It looks nice." Kris asked and pointed with his spoon at Hyunah's wrist. Hyunah looked down at herself. Around her wrist was a black leather band attached with a little pendant. Kris didn't notice that there was something actually engraved in the little silver plate. 

 

Hyunah smiled brightly at him before shrugging. "Since a few days ago I guess?" 

 

"You are weird." Kris concluded after seeing her reaction. Since Kris failed to notice that Hyunah was only the other person of the couple item - the opposite of the black leather band was actually a pink one with several swarovski stone attached to it and just like Hyunah's wore the one, who had the pink one in possess, also a pendant to it. But unlike Hyunah tried the other one to hide the hideous bracelett. He was probably the only member who decided to wear a long sleeve instead of a tee like the rest of the guys with the sun shining brightly. 

 

"I probably am." Hyunah smiled to herself before noticing another member coming into the kitchen. Baekhyun scratched his scalp absentmindely while entering the kitchen with a big yawn. His sleeve slid down a bit which allowed the girl to take a peek at the pink leather band on his wrist. 

 

***

 

"You are done, Lay." Sunmi said before dusting once again a layer of powder over his face. He gave her a brief nod before getting up from his seat. 

 

"D.O." She called him when she noticed that it was only him left in the room. Normally she didn't leave him as the last member but apparently Kai had run off somewhere, making him the last member to get his makeup done. 

 

D.O walked slowly towards her before taking a seat in front of the mirror. He was staring at Sunmi the entire time through the reflection. Although, she didn't appear to mind it much she secretly did. This was one side of D.O he showed a lot of people, a side he tried to hide from Hyunah.

 

While D.O showed her his best death glare ever tried Sunmi to work on his complexion but with D.O's constant stares was it really hard to concentrate. "Did something happen?" She asked meekly while applying the eyeshadow. 

 

"No." He replied instantly. 

 

"Then, why.. D.O, it's hard for me to apply your makeup if you continue to frown like this." Sunmi said before taking her hand down. D.O's expression softened but he was still staring at her. It looked actually worse than his angry expression before. He had the ability to make even his expressionless-looking-face look angry. 

 

"It's hard for me too." He replied after a while before finally facing the mirror again. Sunmi, who stood beside him frowned slightly at him. He was the one member in the group she could never get a long with, although there wasn't a time he behaved this hostile like now. "And.. that is?" 

 

"I think you know, no?" 

 

"I'm.. sorry?" Sunmi blinked at him. "Sorry? I can't follow you." 

 

"The incident in my changing room last time. With the stalker.." He began while looking at the makeup utensils of Sunmi. "It was you, right?" 

 

Sunmi stared at him through the reflection of the mirror. He was already looking at her before he continued. "You helped her to get in, right?"

 

It was silent for a while before Sunmi's light laughter was heard. D.O remained silent while Sunmi laughed to herself. After a while she turned back to him with a smile. "Why would you think something like that?" 

 

"I would never do something like that." She added to which D.O answered her with a stare. His expression hardened seconds after that. 

 

"I hate liars the most." He said and his expression showed exactly the anger he felt. But Sunmi's expression hardened too. She didn't like it being accused by him like that. "I told you I didn't do that! Do you even have any proof that it was me? If not then don't even think of accusing me like-" 

 

"And it was you, who helped the girl get into the agency too, right? You know the girl, who stole Chanyeol's notebook?" He continued, interrupting Sunmi with that. 

 

Sunmi stared hard at him before replying. "As I said.. it wasn't me." 

 

"Do you have proof or not?! If not then this conversation is over!" 

 

D.O continued to stare at her before he began to chuckle, confusing Sunmi with that. He looked up at her once again. "I do." 

 

Sunmi's face softened after hearing that before frowning once again. "You don't." 

 

"You don't have one." She further continued. She was sure that he was just bluffing because that wasn't possible. That just wasn't possible. 

 

D.O tortured her with his constant stares. His voice didn't raise once. He didn't let her peek into his cards but she was still sure that he was just bluffing. She could go by with it by standing her ground and sticking to her words. However, D.O wasn't finished yet. "Don't all innocent people normally say 'you can't find any evidence because it wasn't me'? Something like that, no?" 

 

"I mean couldn't it be that it was you, who let all those girls in, some of them really like you too. And weren't you always with us when we had problems with sasaeng fans?" D.O continued. 

 

Sunmi bit her bottom lip due to the anger she felt. "Even if it was me. Those are just empty words. You have no proof." She retorted.

 

"I do. Watch me." Sunmi heard him say. A cold shiver run down her spine as she stared at D.O's empty eyes. 

 

The two continued to stare at each other before the door opened to the changing room. Hyunah entered with a annoyed Kai right behind her. "Oh, hey. I'm bringing this one here back." She said and nodded towards Kai. 

 

"Hm, maybe you are right.. I could've been just bluffing all along." D.O said after glancing at Hyunah. He got up from his seat to make space for Kai. D.O stood beside Sunmi as he added. "But remember.." 

 

"I am watching you." He said while staring at Hyunah, who in return was scolding Kai for disappearing without notice. Sunmi turned slightly to him only to see him passing by Kai and Hyunah, who were bickering over something. 

 

She was staring at D.O the entire time that she failed to notice Hyunah bouncing towards her. Or that Kai walked pass her to the seat and sat down, all the while, while Sunmi was thinking over D.O's words.

 

***

 

"SOMEONE CALL THE DOCTOR-"

 

"Cut! 10 minutes, guys!" Someone hollered. Hyunah clapped when the filming came to a halt. It was her first time witnessing the production of a music video and she wasn't disappointed. It was exciting to watch to say the least. 

 

"Are you having fun?" She turned slightly around to look at Kris. He was sipping on his water bottle while also scanning their surroundings. Unlike their songs 'Wolf' and 'Growl' was this another sub-unit thing and therefore more work. They had to film things double: for the K-unit and the M-unit. 

 

She hummed as answer before elbowing him lightly. "What about you?"

 

"What can I say?" He shrugged. "It's work." 

 

Hyunah smiled to herself before nodding towards the other boys. "Anyways, aren't you fed up by now?"

 

"By what?"

 

"The song playing up and down. This must be the 100th time now that we listen to it. I mean even I could sing it with you." She pointed out. They had to listen to it none stop by now, first recording it in the studio and then listening to it in the practise room. At one point she had to get out of the room because she couldn't bare to listen to it anymore. And the boys had to listen to it over and over again. Wouldn't that be annoying after a while?

 

"Nah, you'll get a hang of it. After some time you will just block it out." He replied. He patted her back lightly before making his way behind the camera once again. Kris might not be as talkative as D.O or anyone else in group but he was definitely a nice company to have around with. Hyunah peeled her eyes away from Kris' back to stare at the other guy, who stood just two arm lengths away from her. "I really have to get used to your hair." She chuckled as she pointed at Kai's hair. A comeback also meant a new style. And Kai along with a few other boys went a few shades lighter than their usual dark hair. And his was especially light. It was almost white. 

 

"Says the frizzy head." Kai retorted with a snub. That wasn't a lie though. Hyunah's fake hair was indeed frizzier than usual. 

 

"You're making lots of mistakes today, Jonginie." Hyunah drawled before shooting him anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter