twelve: A Rainy Night, 2 Scaredy Cats And A Lost Unicorn (PART 2)

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Xiumin was sleeping peacefully. It was odd considering that it was thundering outside but he did, that was until the door to his room was abruptly opened. And until a rather panic looking Hyunah came in. 

 

"MINSEOK!" Hyunah yelled on top of her lungs. She panted as she stared at him while he sat up immediately when he heard her war cry. His heart was beating incredibly fast as he stared into the darkness. His eyes slightly wide. Shock was a understatement. He was ing panting due to her sudden yell.

 

Xiumin's eyes dilated when Hyunah pointed her phone flashlight at his face. Causing his eyes to twitch as he stared into the blending light. Tao who slept in the opposite bed from him was sleeping soundly since the smartiepants out of the two slept with headphones on. Xiumin should consider sleeping with them too next time. 

 

"Minseok! Minseok!" Hyuna called out as she stood by the door frame before quickly running over to his bed. She pulled madly on his sleeves as he stared at her like a goldfish out of water. 

 

"Yixing is gone!" He heard her say. "Chanyeol and Jongin!" He heard her say again at least that's what he made out of her little breaks. "They scared us!" 

 

"A-and now Yixing is gone!" She stuttered as she pointed madly towards the door. It would have been funny perhaps if he could see her face. But since they had a brownout could he only hear the fragments of what she was trying to tell him. 

 

Apparently she was flustered but Xiumin wasn't sure since half of him wasn't well aware yet what she was trying to tell him. 

 

***

 

"You had to wake him up?" Kai asked when he saw Xiumin tagging along behind his manager. Even he felt bad for the oldest guy in their group. She pulled his hand forward and with that his body too before letting go of him. If no one was willing to be sane with her then she needed someone else. Xiumin was the oldest and therefore probably and hopefully more matured. 

 

Hyunah glanced at Xiumin, who she had covered up with two hoddies and a cap. Don't even ask her how she managed to get him here. 

 

"I don't trust you nor Chanyeol." Hyunah replied as she shot the two boys glares. She even trusted Baekhyun more though that boy was the one who lied to her the most. "It's your fault in the first place that he got lost." 

 

"I only put him in the storeroom. I didn't tell that idiot to go out and hide somewhere!" Chanyeol retorted.

 

"Chan ing Yeol." Hyunah hissed. Somehow she felt like slapping herself for even trying to be on good terms with him when he didn't even care if his bandmate was lost or not. Chanyeol, however, rolled his eyes at her weak attempt of threatening him. 

 

"Since you guys already know who's at fault, can I go back then?" Kai asked as he waited for her reply. And there went the second selfish idiot. The funny thing was that he sincerely thought she would say yes. Chanyeol shot him a look. Another failed attempt of glaring since it was still dark. 

 

Hyunah shut him down with her hardest glare before pointing her flashlight in his face. There he had his answer. 

 

"We will ALL go and search for him." Hyunah said as she turned to each of them. Xiumin was still a little drowsy from her sudden wake up call and therefore stared only at her. She stared a little longer at Kai before turning to Baekhyun, who was awfully quiet considering his personality since he liked to annoy the out of her. However, she failed to notice that he was tightly grabbing onto her oversized hoddie. 

 

Loey_92: [We lost the weedhead. In case you find him somewhere in the apartment complex bring him back. He is high af.]

 

HA: [ YOU!]

 

Hyunah hissed at Chanyeol as she put her phone away. He shrugged only before following after the mad woman. Empathy must be a foreign word to him. 

 

94.Ooh: [Wtf.]

 

_7_Lu: [This is what happens when you guys suffer from a brownout?] 

 

01sssuho: [Could you guys be any more stupider?]

 

Jjong_DAY: [LOL]

 

However, Hyunah didn't reply to any of that as the only thought on her mind was where Lay was. 

 

It hasn't even been half an hour when they took a break at the 9th floor. Considering the brownout they managed a lot. 

 

"Seriously, how many floors does this building have?" Kai asked. He started missing the elevators. The countless of times he took them for granted.

 

Chanyeol glanced at him. At least the building had a lot of windows allowing to see at least the outlines of each of their bodies due to the only source of light, the moon. "Way too many." 

 

"We need to split up." Chanyeol said after a while before turning to Hyunah. 

 

Even though Hyunah gave herself away as strong, now she was back to square one. She was still a scaredy cat and resented the word 'splitting' the most. Especially in situations like this should you never ever part. This is the recipe for every horror movie! 

 

"Ha?" It was meant to come off strong but somehow she failed to make it sound confident. It was barely above a whisper. 

 

"Don't tell me you're still scared?" Chanyeol asked while everyone turned to the only female. 

 

"I'm not!" Hyunah was quick to answer. For once she was happy about the brownout. At least they couldn't see the expression she pulled and the lie that was covered with it.

 

"Then, there is no problem in splitting or is there?" Chanyeol asked. His brow raised. 

 

"I will check the rooftop and the upper stories." Chanyeol said. 

 

Xiumin yawned as he raised his hand. "I will take it from here and the few floors down below and if you guys don't hear from me.. I'm probably asleep somewhere?" Xiumin mumbled as he trailed away. 

 

Hyunah failed to pull him back. Half of it was her pride and the other half was that she didn't raise her hand in time before Xiumin walked away. There he went the only sane person.

 

"I.. don't think that's a good idea." Hyunah pointed out after a while. "Same." Baekhyun quipped in though way too quiet to be heard. 

 

"Didn't you stress us about finding Lay?" Chanyeol asked. "If so.. that's the quickest way. Cause I have better stuff to do than go look for that creep." 

 

"Everyone of us has phones, right?" Chanyeol checked but didn't exactly wait either for a response before he walked away. With his long legs it didn't take long to be fully out of their sight. 

 

Hyunah stared after Chanyeol. She couldn't understand how none of them were scared. It wasn't solely because of Kai's story but didn't they find it scary at all? Alone in the hallways and in the dark? She certainly did. It was scary. The thought to be all on your own.. she shrieked silently at the thought of it, which was about to become reality. 

 

"Do you guys need me to babysit you?" Kai asked as he watched the two of them looking after Chanyeol longingly. 

 

"N-no!" Hyunah exclaimed. This time the stutter could be heard.

 

Kai chuckled lowly as he stepped closer to her. He found it funny that he finally found her weakness. One of many because he sought to find many more. Because.. just for the heck of it. "If you ask me nicely I will even hold your hand, hm?" 

 

For that.. Hyunah didn't need his hand. She'd rather be chased by Ayeon's ghost than be with Kai. "You wish." Hyunah rolled her eyes before brushing him off. 

 

However, Hyunah felt a little relieved that Kai did go with them. She noticed though that Baekhyun was awfully quiet. So quiet that she feared he might do something to her like scare her or something. She glanced at him who wallked quietly beside her. Nothing. She noticed that he was looking out for Lay but other than that, didn't he do anything suspicious.

 

"You're scared aren't you?" She heard Kai ask and turned to him. Even if she couldn't see his face. She knew that he was smirking. 

 

"What of?" He asked with a taunting voice. "Afraid of the darkness or that-"

 

"BOO!" Kai grabbed both of her shoulders as she shuddered. However, she didn't scream like Kai thought she would. But that wasn't because she wasn't scared. It was just that she could keep it down when she knew he would do something like that. 

 

Kai looked disappointed as he threw his hands up. He expected at least a bit from his manager. A shriek would have been enough. It would have satisfied his sadistic side. He leaned his head back while walking behind the two. "Should I tell you what happened to Ayeon then?" He asked. Kai didn't enjoy scaring the two in front of them. He lived for their fear. 

 

"NO!" Both in the front exclaimed.

 

Kai chuckled as he continued walking behind them. Oh, this was so entertaining! Way more than the variety shows he loved to watch.

 

"So... wanna know how Ayeon died?"

 

***

 

Kris was staring intently at the last messages he received in the group chat as he parked the company's car in the parking lot. He finally got back after the rain lessened.

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [I'm back. I will search for him too.]

 

"Talk about weird.." He muttered as he closed the app before hopping off of the driver's seat. He had to point the flashlight of his phone around in order for him to see something. He didn't even step fully away from the van, when he heard something. Kris stopped walking and turned around. He pointed the flashlight into the dark corner but found none. 

 

"Hello?" But nothing. Maybe he imagined stuff? He soon walked away from there and towards the door to the staircases. Thanks to the brownout couldn't he even see his own hands without the flashlight. But that wasn't the worse part. That horrible feeling of being watched, topped everything at the moment. 

 

"Is there someone?" Kris asked once more and turned into all directions.

 

***

 

"Lay! Lay?"

 

"YIXING?"

 

Kai looked out of place while walking after the two. He wasn't as pumped as them in finding the guy. "Hey, what's that?" Kai asked after a while when he noticed something at the end of the hallway.

 

"What is what?" Hyunah asked annoyedly. Was that again a weak attempt of his to scare her? 

 

"That. In front of us." Kai said and held Hyunah's hand up with the only source of light they had. However, Hyunah soon slapped his hand away when she didn't see anything ahead of them. "Stop that! It's getting annoying." Hyunah said before brushing pass Kai. Baekhyun even went as far as kicking the younger male. "Ow!"

 

"Hey, I wasn't joking! I really saw something!" Kai said as he walked after the two. 

 

"Of course, you did." Hyunah rolled her eyes. 

 

"Don't you have better lines?" Baekhyun asked. A bit of his confidence returning. But jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter