twenty-seven: Alice Found her Mad Hatter?

Our Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyunah smiled lightly when she felt Kris patting her shoulder. The second day didn't even start fully, when Seol-Ah scolded her. Hyunah wasn't the type to tear up when people scolded her but here she was almost crying due to Seol-Ah's words. It was apparently normal to be called "stupid" by someone older. Seol-Ah was very efficient and knew how to act, when something didn't go as planned. Just like right now. She didn't even let Hyunah tell the boys what the schedule for today was. All she let Hyunah do was either carrying their stuff or get them water. She didn't really let her do "manager"-work.

 

"Don't let her get to you." Kris whispered, who choose to stand beside her instead beside his other members. It was easy to say to that. Seol-Ah wasn't screaming at him but at her. 

 

She would have told Seol-Ah off but that would probably be the last time she would do that. Mr Kang would have her fired for snapping at someone older than her. That's something Hyunah always hated in the korean culture. Why is the older one so much more worth than the younger one? 

 

D.O noticed the hostile tone towards Hyunah which was why he was so harsh towards Seol-Ah. Who was she to be mean to her anyway? "Did you hear me, Kyungsoo?" 

 

"It's D.O." He said calmly before walking over to a seat. Seol-Ah raised a brow at his retreating figure before turning back to the rest. "You too, Kris. The producer is strict. So, play close attention to what you guys say on that show." She said. Hyunah rolled her eyes subtly while Kris elbowed her before mouthing. "It's going to be fine."

 

"This is nowhere going to be fine." Hyunah muttered annoyedly. Why did it had to be her out of all managers?

 

"Wait, are you crying?“ Kris asked when he noticed that Hyunah was sniffing. She slapped his hand away that was about to catch her tear. „I‘m not! But even if.. I‘m crying because I‘m mad at that .“ 

 

„10 bugs that you won‘t dare to say that to her face.“ Kris grinned. He didn‘t try to annoy her. He just wanted to distract her a little. It was obvious that Seol-Ah was trying to make her leave by being nasty to her. But Hyunah wouldn‘t be a Reid if she let her push her around.

 

„10 bugs or my job?“ Hyunah snubbed before elbowing Kris. „Now go before she comes over here and scolds me again for distracting you.“

 

„Ok, fine. See yew later.“ He said before strolling off.

 

Seol-Ah noticed the atmosphere between Hyunah and the members. As far as she knew was it hard for the previous managers to get along with them. Even Jaehyun had his difficulties and if she wasn‘t against Hyunah she would perhaps tell Mr Kang that she can order the boys around without much struggle from their side. But Seol-Ah wanted her to leave. And that for many reasons actually.

 

***

 

„Seol-Ah became your sub-manager?“ Minho asked once she came over to him. Hyunah sighed deeply before slurping on her milk tea. „More like head-manager. She is busy shooing me around instead of letting me learn from her. I don‘t know how this is going to work.“

 

Minho leaned forward as he looked at her. „And where is she now?“

 

„She threw me out of the studio earlier and since then didn‘t I get a call from her. I guess I have a little break from her.“ Hyunah said.

 

„But she isn‘t living with you guys, is she?“ He asked.

 

„Well, I think she wanted to when Mr Kang proposed the idea but the boys didn‘t want to, saying that we don‘t have enough space, which is true because I sleep with Luhan and Kris in one room.“ She sighed. Minho, who was busy getting the last bobba pearl out of his straw almost chocked on it. He stared flabbergasted at her. „You guys sleep in one room?!“

 

She frowned at him. „What do you expect? I can‘t have a room to myself and let them sleep on the couch. It‘s fine.“

 

„That‘s not fine at all!“ Minho insisted. And instead of trying to help her with the Seol-Ah situation was he far more bothered by the fact that she was sharing a room with 2 guys. 

 

„Well, you do know that I live with 12 guys?“ Hyunah supplied before adding. „And besides there will nothing happen between us. I’m pretty sure about that.“ 

 

„How can you be so sure that you won‘t have a change of heart one day? I mean you do live with men?!“ Minho almost shrieked. He couldn‘t understand how she could be so cool about it. While Hyunah couldn‘t understand how the normally calm Minho was freaking out about her living situation.

 

„I’m telling you.. asian guys are not my type.“ She said with a light smile and wink before leaving a stunned Minho behind. 

 

Because apparently that excluded him too.

 

***

 

Hyunah didn‘t know that she had a helping hand here and there. Suho was one of them. He was actually the one, who prevented Hyunah‘s leave. Who, if not the reliable leader, could help? Jaehyun was still taken aback until this day.

 

„How are things going with her?“ Jaehyun asked after one exhausting day with Seol-Ah. „I think I should have tried harder in the beginning.“ Hyunah answered him before shoving the next laundry in.

 

„Why are you doing their laundry now too?“ He asked after he noticed the clothes Hyunah put into the washing machine. 

 

„You do notice that the boys are not here, right? She made me do their laundry while they are at their schedule. She said that they don‘t have time for that and if I wanted to help I should do their laundry and here I am washing Baek‘s underwear.“ Hyunah sighed.

 

„And why didn‘t you tell me or Mr Kang?“ 

 

Hyunah gave him a look before starting the machine. „Mr Kang would never help me. Seol-Ah‘s words against mine. And you wouldn‘t be able to help either, Jaehyun. You couldn‘t before so I don‘t think you can now. She is the only one, who can tell Mr Kang anything.“ Hyunah said and walked out of the washing room with Jaehyun behind her.

 

„You really wanna do this.“ Jaehyun concluded.

 

„You know.. there was never something I wanted to do in life. But right now I really wanna be.. here.“

 

„If you said that in the beginning I would have never believed you.“ Jaehyun said while Hyunah chuckled. „I hated them.“

 

„You don‘t anymore?“

 

„I still dislike them.“ She said while folding Lay‘s shirt. No, she didn‘t. She certainly didn‘t. Jaehyun could tell. Even if she pretended to be tough. Jaehyun watched her from where he stood before leaning against the door frame. „Do you wanna go out then.“

 

„What?“ Hyunah looked up from where she sat.

 

„From what I see you‘re half done with Baekhyun‘s underwear?“ Jaehyun said as he nodded towards the small amount of laundry. 

 

„Won‘t I get scolded if I leave?“ Hyunah scowled. Itˋs not like she wanted to wash Kai‘s shirt or fold Suho‘s jeans. She kind of regreted firing the house cleaner now. 

„In the first place we didn‘t hire you to wash their underwears plus I think I have that much to say to give you a break.“ Jaehyun pointed out before stretching his hand out towards Hyunah. She sighed but smiled in the end. She was used to Jaehyun saving her after all. 

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [Did you take your med?]

 

HA: [Yeah.]

 

HA: [Are you checking on me now?]

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [If not me, who will.]

 

HA: [Yeah, yeah. I‘ll get it.]

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [Where are you now?]

 

Hyunah looked momentarily up when she noticed Jaehuyn from the outer corner of her eyes. 

 

HA: [Eating out with Jaehyun. Why? Are you guys back?]

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [Yup. But a few had to stay back because of Seol-Ah-ssi.]

 

HA: [I see. I will be back after dinner. Well, until she is gone that is.]

 

Galaxy__FanFan: [Kay, see you later.]

 

„Whom are you texting?“ Jaehyun asked when Hyunah finally put the phone down. She glanced at him before taking her share from him.

 

„Why? Is someone jealous here?“ She snickered while poking her burito. 

 

„In the first place I’m in a relationship.“ He said before adding. „And you’re not my type.“

 

„Isn’t my fault though.“ Hyunah shrugged before stealing nachos from him. „It was just Kris. Checking on me.“

 

„True, he knows about it.“ Jaehyun said while taking a sip from his drink.

 

„I just don’t get it.“ Hyunah said while staring at Jaehyun. „What do you mean?“

 

„Why you guys treat Kris like ?“ 

 

„I mean I’ll get it you guys are all mad that he left but if Chanyeol did no one would complain if he came back? That’s not really fair.“ Hyunah pointed out. 

 

„Do you think the boys were always like that?“ Jaehyun asked back.

 

„What do you mean?“ Hyunah frowned.

 

„You won’t believe it but around the time they debuted.. they were a team. They had fun with each other, I mean yeah.. there were little groups and the managers did change often but.. they were a team. And Kris… Kris was their glue.“

 

„So how do you think did they feel after he left them suddenly? They thought they were close and then suddenly.. he leaves without a word? Kris was someone they trusted and for him to go..“

 

„Wait.. I thought.. so they don’t hate him?“

 

Jaehyun glanced at her before sipping once more on his coke. „Well, they do now for sure.“

 

„But they can’t be that.. mad? Can they?“ Hyunah asked.

 

„They can and judging from Kris’ personality I don’t think he will clarify this whole situation. I don’t think he cares at all about what they think.“

 

„He does.“ Hyunah said. „Kris does care.“

 

„Well, in your case it is different, Hyunah.“ Jaehyun replied while Hyunah looked at him. 

 

„What do you mean by that?“ 

 

„You think Kris cares? I think he only cares about himself.“ 

 

„You’re just misunderstanding him. Kris is reliable.“

 

„Suho is more.“ Jaehyun pointed out and not only because he saved Hyunah from being fired.

 

„Suho is another case.“

 

„He isn’t. He is original the leader and more capable than Kris is.“

 

„Then why did the guys lean on Kris more on than Suho?“ Hyunah pointed out.

 

„You do take your time on learning about the boys but did you ever bother learning about Suho?“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter