✍️ Fading to Monochrome || Review

Roses' Shop Archive


Roses

Reminders

001: IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE REVIEWS/GRAPHICS, DO A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME, OR THE REVIEWER/DESIGNERS THEMSELVES. 

002: COMMENT AFTER YOU'VE PICKED UP THE REVIEW / GRAPHIC SO THAT WE KNOW. WE'RE NOT PSYCHICS.

003: POSTERS SHOULD BE USED AS THE MAIN POSTER FOR AT LEAST A WEEK AFTER PICKED UP. AFTER THAT, YOU CAN DO HOWEVER YOU PLEASE WITH IT. 

004: BOTH REVIEWS AND GRAPHICS ARE TO BE CREDITED IN YOUR FOREWORD, LINKED WITH THE BANNER BELOW.

TITLE  (005/005)

Your title is pretty interesting and unique. There are no other stories
with such a title. It sounds really interesting because normally stories would deal with it in the opposite way with people seeing 
colors when they are in love so this made this title really interesting and eye-catching. Also, it fits perfectly into the plot. 


DESCRIPTION/FOREWORD  (010/010)


Just like the title already promised, your plot sounds really interesting after reading the foreword. You really use the theme of seeing colors the other way around which makes it just so interesting to read the story. You don't reveal too much before reading the story but still are able to catch the interest of the reader. 
The overall appearance is also good, it is easy to read. 


CHARACTERIZATION  (020/020)

Your characters are really good because they, Solar and Moonbyul, were like the exact opposite of each other but still were able to click right away. The way they acted towards each other from the start as a pair of strangers to friends was really good portrayed. They were a bit awkward at first, didn't really know how to talk to each other because they are strangers but grow to like each other. 
Though Moonbyul obviously keeps a secret from Solar, Solar is not angry but understands her and waits for the time to come until Moonbyul tells her everything. It is nice to see how Solar falls head over heels for Moonbyul and though we don't have Moonbyul's POV, we can see that she likes Solar too. It is really heartbreaking to see Solar being sad after her confession because you start to like her over the story. 


PLOT  (020/020)

Right from the start, I liked your description of Solar, her feelings and how she is portrayed. But also the way you described her surroundings made it easy to picture it inside of my head while reading. Their first meeting is quite interesting and funny in a way because of the plug, I think not many people can say that this happened to them too. Just like I wrote above, it was nice how they still were able to click though they seem so different from each other. Though Solar liked Moonbyul from the start, she didn't think that she would fall in love with the other, here it was nice how though she was fond of Moonbyul, she didn't say right away that she is in love but just thought of her as a friend. Also, how the colors slowly started to fade fitted perfectly into the flow. Though Moonbyul doesn't say much about herself, somehow I had the feeling that she would be sick. It was nice that Solar was not pushing Moonbyul to tell her about her sickness and only found out in the end. Until the end, I was still hoping that I was wrong with my guessing. 

WRITING STYLE (020/020)

Your writing style is really good and made me enjoy the story even more than I already was. It was like it caught me and prevented me from taking breaks while reading the story until I was at the end of. 

GRAMMER  (020/020)

Your grammar was also really good, I didn't find disturbing mistakes while reading the story and there was no overuse of specific words or phrases or Korean. 

PERSONAL ENJOYMENT (005/005)

I enjoyed reading your story from the beginning to the end though I am normally not really someone who reads stories that are so long especially not without breaks but I was just not able to stop. You really good me right from the start and made me love Mamamoo just even more that I need to read more about them. 


TOTAL SCORE (100/100)


REVIEWER'S ADVICE:

I don't really have an advice because the story was really good the way it was. You can probably see that because of the review and the score. So I hope you still think this review is helpful in a way if you have a question feel free to PM me.