✍️ You Danced All Over My Heart || Review

Roses' Shop Archive


Roses

Reminders

001: IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE REVIEWS/GRAPHICS, DO A PERSONAL MESSAGE TO ME, OR THE REVIEWER/DESIGNERS THEMSELVES. 

002: COMMENT AFTER YOU'VE PICKED UP THE REVIEW / GRAPHIC SO THAT WE KNOW. WE'RE NOT PSYCHICS.

003: POSTERS SHOULD BE USED AS THE MAIN POSTER FOR AT LEAST A WEEK AFTER PICKED UP. AFTER THAT, YOU CAN DO HOWEVER YOU PLEASE WITH IT. 

004: BOTH REVIEWS AND GRAPHICS ARE TO BE CREDITED IN YOUR FOREWORD, LINKED WITH THE BANNER BELOW.

You Danced All Over My Heart

TITLE  (005/005)

The title puts a nice tone to the story. It gives readers a hint of the following story displayed out to them, which is very wonderful. I really like the way it connects with the plotline, how Jongin 'danced all the way to Sehun's heart'. Even so, if I were to be picky, I think the title was just a little dragged out one or two words, but it doesn't really change to the way I see the story title.

DESCRIPTION/FOREWORD  (007/010)


I think the description was a little lacking, but nevertheless nice. Although, if it were that they were to hate each other, hence the following quote:

"They've been at each other's throats ever since they met each other at Seoul Performance Arts High School, and nothing will change that"

then why did Jongin say he never despise Sehun. My meaning to this is you are using the wrong term, 'been at each other's throats', which means arguing or fighting , mostly with words for what I know, not teasing and getting annoyed. 

Also, even though the last sentence:

Is there really that much of a difference between love and hate

This does not really apply to the story as they were never in love in the beginning nor the end.

Annoying picky reviewer: The difference of the spaces in between the lines are very hard to look at, especcially by someone who freaks over every mistake.

CHARACTERIZATION  (015/020)

The story was short, and was mostly (if not all) said by Sehun's point of view, not Kai's. Even so, it was decent on his part. I could really tell he is a prefectionist, and even though he acts rude to kai, he helps the latter in the time of need. The only thing I do not understand is why he and Jongin fought in the first place, but this is written in Plot evaluation. I really like how little 'quote on quote thoughts' you added for him (Sehun), yet we still manage to understand him clearly. I also wonder why during the dance, he wanted to believe it was Luhan. I understand he is comfortable with Luhan, but would you really want to be doing this with your best friend..? Also, I really got upset when reading about Sehun's stubborness xD.

On Kai's part, I think we do not need to understand his thoughts to give out a sense of mystery. Although, readers may be confused of his reasons to teasing Sehun into hating him like that. Was that  youthful tomfoolery or was he liking that dancer from the start?


PLOT  (014/020)

As I said before, I think a little mistake are the missing events. You don't provide the backstory needed for their hatred. This makes the story seem less fullfilling when we do not know what they hate each other. There are also other plotholes, such as the part when Sehun accept's Kai's kiss and (not needed to be said) his boyfriend. If there was so much hatred in the beginning, it would not go to waste that easy, nevertheless in a couple of weeks, from hate to -. I don't think this is yet love, because well, I think you understand. Their chemistry is not enough ( not intimate moments, but their thoughts about each other, or even Sehun's thoughts about Kai), and this seem to sudden.

Also, this story does not seem very realistic. At first, it was very practical, but nearing the end, it started going downhill. The actions worsen, and their situations are not very rational(?). The part I dislike was when Kai forced a kiss on Sehun. It first of all, seem very impractical and overused in many fanfics. It wasn't a really violent, but nevertheless not consensual in the beginning. Additionally, that was put in at the wrong time. It makes the story seem rushed.

Also, to me, the was unsatisfying. It was at the kiss where as Sehun I guess realizes his hidden feelings and now are dating and in most fanfic worlds, have their happily ever after in EXO as well. I always recommend, more build up, bigger . As you build up the plot events and add more and more in, I reckon the have to be the same. This story flips that around, your build up was too high, but the was falling short. The higher your events go, the plot has to be higher and more packed (not recommened in ALL stories). 

WRITING STYLE (015/020)

The pace is too fast. It was like snapping fingers. Never did it go slow,then fast, slow, then fast but was altogether done quickly. If that was your plan, then skip on to GRAMMAR for now. 

The pace makes the plot more unrealistic, and it skips too many important feelings that may have been placed.
As he carries a stack of chairs into the store room, he sees Kai approach him, and he panics, turning to the nearest person (who happens to be his not-so-amused math teacher) and shoving the stack of chairs in their hands before picking up his bag and leaving, shouting a farewell to the music teaccher, who gives him a grateful smile.
You should have added more feelings in to different parts of the story to make readers highlight his feelings.

GRAMMER  (019/020)

Your grammar is overall perfect. There are little mistakes. There are only little punc. and spacing details you forgot to add. Overall this was great.

PERSONAL ENJOYMENT (004/005)

I really take delight in this story. It was very great. Although, it was a little impractical and unreal. Even so, I like their interactions with each other. It is an overall great story, even though short.


TOTAL SCORE (078/100)


REVIEWER'S ADVICE:

There isn't really anything I can say since you already finished this story, but
-remember to slow down your pacing (don't rush it).
NOTE:
Don't focus on the total score. Look at the evaluations instead. Great job on the story.