I Call Dibs!

Starship's Summer Trainee

"Hi, Youngmin!" "Good morning, Minwoo!" "Minwoo, you looked never manly on Music Core last night."

"Thank you. I like your new haircut." Minwoo beamed and the girl blushed a deep red.

Youngmin nudged Kwangmin. "No one's said hi to you since we got to school."

Kwangmin shrugged. "Why did we have to go to school toay?"

"Geez, someone suddenly hates school." Youngmin frowned.

"Ever since Minji left, Kwangmin's been hating everything." Minwoo reminded Yougmin. "Cheer up, would you?"'

Kwangmin ignored them. They walked into their new classroom and sat next to each other in the back row. While they waited for the bell to ring, Youngmin and Minwoo were catching up with old friends. Kwangmin was sleeping.

"When I came to school, I heard a rumor about a cute new girl wandering around campus." One of Minwoo and Youngmin's friend said in a hushed tone. "If this girl really is cute, I call dibs."

"There's not that many cute girls at this school," another friend pouted. "I hope you're right."

"I wonder what grade she is." Youngmin asked out of curiousity.

"I heard she's in our grade."

"Please be a noona!" Minwoo chanted.

The bell rang and everyone took their seats. Youngmin nudged Kwangmin awake but he just grunted and went back to sleep. The teacher walked into the classroom and everyone stood up to greet him.

"Welcome to a new school year, class. I will now take attendence. Ahn Hyunjae."

"Here." Dibs guys said.

"Bae Daejung."

"Here."

"looks like the new girl isn't in our class." Minwoo whispered.

A friend snickered. "Even if she was in our class, it's not like she'd want to be your girlfriend."

"I'm good-looking. How do you know she wouldn't like me?" Minwoo joked.

"Because being a star and having a girlfriend cases too much drama." They all looked at Kwangmin who was wide awake and looking at them with the corner of his eye. He crossed his arms and stared at the empty seat next to him, pretending that he didn't hear them.

"Sorry, Kwangmin." Youngmin broke the silence.

Kwangmin sighed and looked at them. "It's ok. You didnt' do anything wrong." He faked a smile. "Being an idol and dating really is a pain. So Youngmin, Minwoo, can you make sure I never make the same mistake again?"

"Jo Kwangmin." The teacher said.

"Here."

"Jo Youngmin."

"Here."

"Promise?" Kwangmin held out his pinky.

Minwoo and Youngmin linked onto his pinky. "Promise."

"You guys can join in on the promise, too," Minwoo encouraged their friends to link their pinky with theirs.

"Ok, but like I said - if the girl is cute she's mine." Bae Daejung reminded them.

"If someone breaks the promise and starts to date, what should the punishment be?" Youngmin asked.

"Send him to the school's dungeon." Minwoo suggested.

"This school has a dungeon?" Kwangmin scratched his head.

"Ya! What's that on your finger?" Daejung pointed at the ring.

Kwangmin looked as if he forgot it was there. "Oh, this. It's my promise ring with Minji."

"Take it off." Daejung ordered.

"But..."

"Do you want to be sent to the dungeon?"

"No..." Kwangmin took a deep breathe before sliding the ring off. He placed it safely into his pocket, reminding himself to put it back on when Daejung wasn't looking. "There, happy?"

"You have a tan where the ring used to be." A classmate laughed.

Kwangmin showed everyone the tanned on ring on his finger.

"You really haven't taken it off." Youngmin was in awe at how prominent the tan was.

"This student isn't here yet..." The teacher mumbled. "No Minwoo."

"Here."

"Promise breaker goes to the dungeon." Their friends agreed.

"But what if she's a noona?" Minwoo asked, hoping.

"Ok," the teacher finished calling attendence. "Even though we're missing one person, we'll begin class now."

"Who's missing?" A classmate asked.

"A new student."

Minwoo, Youngmin, and their friends looked at each other with a small grin.

"The new student probably got lost while looking for this class." The teacher suggested.

The students whispered among each other about the rumors of the cute new student. "So it IS true." "Yeah, I told you I saw her!" "What did she look like?" "She had straight black hair and glasses." "She sounds like a nerd." "At first she did have the appearance of a nerd but when I saw her face. Dang, she was beautiful. Um. Kind of like... Lee Minji." "K-pop Princess?"

"What about Minji?" Kwangmin accidently blurted out as he eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Oh, um," their classmate fidgeted. "I was just saying that the new girl was a pretty as Minji, that's all."

"Speaking of Minji," a girl classmate said. "Is it true that she went back to America? There are articles all over the K-pop websites of paparazzi shots of you two kissing at the airport."

"It's true." Kwangmin opened his book and pretended to read.

"Don't act cool when we're talking to you! Tell us everything! All of the details! Is she coming back?" "Yeah, is she?"

"No," Kwangmin's voice cracked due to the lump in his throat. "She's never coming back."

"So what's the new kid's name?" A classmate broke the silence. Kwangmin sunk in his chair and hoped the tears would dry quickly.

The teacher, who was absorbed with the student's gossip, looked at the attendence list. "Uhh. It's L-"

"Um, is this class A-1?" A soft voice asked. The door opened slightly; not enough for the everyone to see who it was.

"It's her." "It's the new girl." The students buzzed. Minwoo was whispered some kind of noona prayer while everyone tried to get a peek at the girl. Kwangmin continued to read, seemingly uninterested.

"Yes," the teacher sounded irritated. "Can't you read the sign?"

"No, I can't really read hangul."

Kwangmin craned his neck to see who was at the door.

"Then you're going to have a really hard time. How did you get into this class without passing the test?" The teacher shook his head. "Hurry up and come in. Class already started."

The teacher turned to the class. "Everyone, this is your new classmate."

The girl walked shhyly to the front of the classroom. "Woah, she's cute." "Weird glasses." "Woah, she does look like her..." The classmates whispered again.

Minwoo and Youngmin were childishly covering their eues so they wouldn't look at the girl that every one was whispering about. Kwangmin continued to read.

"She's cute. Send me to the dungeon, guys." Daejung smiled.

The teacher looked at her clipboard. "Your name is Lee So... Hia?"

"It's Sophia, ma'am."

"I'm not good with America names." The teacher blushed in embarrassment. "Do you have a Korean name?"

"Yes. Minji."

Kwangmin, Minwoo and Youngmin shot their eyes to the front of the room. "No way..."

"Aren't you K-pop's Ice Princess, Lee Minji?" A loud boy asked.

A girl classmate hit him on the arm. She stared at the new girl from head to toe. "She's not THE Lee Minji. This girl looks completely different. Besides, Lee Minji wouldn't dare show her face in Korea after everything that happened."

Kwangmin clenched his fist at the harsh things the girl was saying.

"But look at her face. It's identical." The boy retorted.

"I'm just Lee Minji, the new student in Class A-1." The new girl said to the ground shyly.

The class laughed. All of their suspicion disappeared.

"So, Minji, why did you transfer to South Korea?" The teacher asked.

"My parents' company moved to Korea so I came along with them." The girl gave a small smile and the boys swooned. "I hope we can all be friends."

"Minji, welcome to Korea." The teacher smiled. "Please take the seat next to Mr. Jo Kwangmin."

The girl looked around the room. "Who's Jo Kwangmin? The one on the left or right side of the room?"

"I'm Jo Kwangmin." Daejung said cooly. The new girl started to walk towards Daejung.

"Stop joking," the teacher warned. "Jo Kwangmin - the REAL Jo Kwangmin, raise your hand."

Kwangmin raised his hand like he was told and the girl headed in his direction.

"Come on, teach. Couldn't let the cute new girl sit next to me?" Daejung whined.

Not used to the attention, the girl quickly sat down and stared at the front of the room, ignoring everyone that was staring at her.

"Ok, class, take out a piece of paper," the teacher instructed.

The new girl fumbled around in her folder. "Darn." She tapped Kwangmin's shoulder. He was already writing with lightning speed. "Excuse me, Jo Kwangmin, may I borrow paper? I forgot mines at home."

He looked at her and sighed as he gave her the paper he was scribbling on.

"Um, you already wrote on it." The girl said, confused.

Kwangmin kept looking forward. "You can't read Korean which means you can't write it either, right?"

"Oh," the girl nodded. "Thanks. You're very kind."

"Turn the paper over."

She did as he said. 'Your disguise is getting better, love :P' was written in clumsy English.

The girl passed the paper back. 'I don't know what you're talking about...'

Kwangmin looked at her and her eyes spoke the truth. 'You're not my Minji-ah?'

'No, I'm sorry.'

'I'm sorry, too.'

Minwoo passed a note to Kwangmin. 'What's wrong?'

'She said she's not my Minji. I'm having my doubts on this new girl.'

'But that's her, isn't it?'

'I don't know.' Kwangmin passed the paper to Youngmin.

'I don't think that's her, Kwangmin. She acts so different.'

The rest of the calss period went by slowly. Soon, it was lunch. Everyone crowded around the new girl, asking her endless questions. "Where are you from?" "Are you single?" "Do you like nectarines?"

"I'm so confused," Kwangmin told Youngmin and Minwoo in the opposite corner of the mob surrounding the new girl. "I thought she was Minji-ah."

"Well, Kwangmin," Youngmin said. "The chances of her coming back was practically impossible. Her parents probably grounded her for life."

"But it HAS to be her. She's probably just joking. Look at her finger; is there a ring?"

They all looked past the crowd to see.

"Nope, no jewelry at all." Minwoo said.

"It's part of the dress code to not wear jewelry." Youngmin commented.

Kwangmin frowned. "But... I need to talk to her, alone." He told Youngmin and Minwoo.

"Woah. People from the other classes are crowding around to see her." Minwoo said in awe. "It's kind of scary."

"I don't think you can get her alone anytime soon." Youngmin said.

Daejung was flirting with the new girl and Kwangmin didn't like it.

"Kwangmin-ah?" A girl from the other class walked up to him.

"Hm?" Kwangmin kept watching Daejung making the girl smile.

"I like you. I've always liked you. I know that you just broke up with Minji and you must be hurting. But I'm here for you. I want to make you happy. Will you be my-"

"Oh, she's walking away." Youngmin said.

"I appreciate that you like me but I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment." Kwangmin rushed after the new girl, leaving the other girl who was confessing. Understanding his intention, Minwoo and Youngmin blocked the doors so their classmates couldn't go outside.

Kwangmin followed the girl up and down stairs and through random hallways. "What the?" Kwangmin whispered when the girl stopped in the middle of the empty basement hallway. "You've been following me everywhere..." The girl said in an eery tone. "What do you want?" The light flickered.

Kwangmin jumped. "I-I just."

"Just wanted to see if I was your Minji?" The girl slowly turned around. "But I already told you that I wasn't."

"I dont' believe you."

"And why not?" The girl creeped towards him.

"Because. Your name. Your voice. Your face. Your height. Everything about you. It screams my Minji."

"Do you know what they call creepy guys who can't get over a girl?" The girl had her face an inch away from Kwangmin's "Obsessed. Stupid. Scary. Possessive. Desperate. That's what you are."

The girl was close enough for Kwangmin to see down her shirt. He reached in and pulled out her necklace. "You're not allowed to wear jewelry in-"

The girl turned away and the necklace broke off of her neck. In Kwangmin's hands was a ring that served as the pendant of the necklace. A ring that said "Yeongwonhi."

"Give that back!" The girl snatched it away from him. "My grandma gave that to me!"

"But I have the matching one." Kwangmin fumbled through his pocket and pulled out his ring. "And so does Minji. You ARE Minji!"

"NO I'M NOT! How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not your Minji?" The girl's voice cracked from the exerting force. She walked closer to Kwangmin and glared at him. "Get it? I'm nothing like her."

Kwangmin snickered. "You have that little mark by your eye just like my Minji."

The girl glared at him. "Fck." She started laughing. "You know me too well." Minji kissed him.

"Of course. Don't I love you a whole lot?" Kwangmin sqpeezed her cheeks. "So what made you come back, love?"

"My parents knew about my being an idol because they're actually fluent in Korean. I didn't even know." Minji shrugged. "So, they agreed to move to Korea and sent me to this school."

"And being a doctor...?"

"They said I could do what ever I want as long as I don't waste my brains." She smiled up at him. "So here I am, the hot new transfer student at your high school. Just like you made me promise. Happy?"

"No." He frowned. "I don't like what the boys say about you."

"Why? Are they saying that I'm ugly and fake? Did I not wear enough make up?"

"No, it's not that." He pouted. "The complete opposite. They all want you."

"Don't worry. From now on, I'm only yours." Minji hugged Kwangmin. "Really?" He smiled childishly. "Of course."

"So do I get to be the cute new transfer student's first boyfriend?"

"Um." She hesitated. "This ismy chance to start over. To be a blank canvas. I want to make real friends and live a normal life here at this school. I like it here."

"So, being this school's first celebrity couple is a no-no?"

"Yes.."

"Will being a couple right here, right now also be a no-no?" He anticipated the answer.

"Yes, sorry. If we started dating after the first period of the entire school year, everyone would figure out. And even if they don't realize I'm me, they'll think I'm a . I don't want to be a ."

"You're not a ."

"So, is it okay if we don't date for now?"

"I understand. but we're still dating. Right?"

She giggled. "Of course. By the way..." She held his hand. "Why did you take yourring off?!"

"I-I." He was flustered. "I didn't want to go to the dungeon!"

"Dungeon?"

"When do I get to call dibs on you?" He slid the ring back on and changed the topic.

"Um," She thought. "Maybe in a couple of months. Once I set up a good reputation here."

He stomped his feet. "Aw, I have to wait that long?" She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Fine. For you." He winked. "But promise not to look at any other guy?"

"Well, that Bae Daejung guy is really cute. He also invited me to his band perfornce this Saturday. He said he's the lead singer."

Kwangmin fumed with anger.

"I'm joking." Minji tickled him. "I like rappers a whole lot better."

He put his arm on her shoulder and they walked back to the classroom. "Rapper are so much better than pretty boys who call dibs on girls. Can I tell Minwoo and my brother about you?"

"Um, later please."

"No problem. This'll be our little secret. I'll only say it when you tell me I can. I'll listen to your every command."

"No, you dont' have to listen to my every command. You're Kwangmin, not my slave. Oh, but, you should take your arm off of me so the others won't see."

"I don't want to. Let's show every student in the school that you're mine and only mine."

"Kwangmin-ah!"

"I'm joking." He kissed her on the cheek before removing his arm from her shoulders. "Anything for my little Princess."

THE END <3

 

 

A/N: Ahhhh, is this really the last chapter? This marks my second completed fanfic... Time goes by FAST. Thank you so much for all of those who patiently waited and read this story from the beginning to end. It really means a lot for all of you to stick it through. Through the editing and that one time when I rewrote the entire story all over again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for staying with me. I love you all so much!

Just like my past fanfic "You Know Nothing About Love", this fanfic wasn't that fanfictional at all.

I wrote this story due to this issue I was going through about a year ago. Just like Minji, my parents were forcing me to pursue a career that I didn't want. Although, I've always wanted to be a physician when they want me to be an engineering because they don't want to spend money to send me to med school. I lost sleep a lot because I didn't like how unstable my future was. I started rebelling against them and studied when they told me to get out of my room and breath some fresh air (hahaha, I know I know, I was SUCH a rebel :P)

Anyways, I haven't updated during the summer because that's when things got worse. My parents and I started arguing until they finally "gave up" on me. I was going to med school and I refused to let them stop me. But the argument actually ended tonight (just in time for the last chapter of this story :O) They promise to support my dream.

Throughout the entire battle with my parents, I had one best friend who supported me 100%. I know he'll never read this message but he deserves my appreciate. He was there for me (sometimes until 3 in the morning) and loved me for who I was, not for who he wanted me to be. I hope you all have someone like that in your life :)

Anywhooooo, thank you again for supporting me and this fanfic and I hope you will join me again in my other fanfics (like "Please... Don't Leave..."). I'm also currently in love with Teen Top's Changjo, so any Teen Top Angels out there? Hahahaha.

Until we meet again! :D

~ Kii-chan <3