Sorry

Starship's Summer Trainee

Forever.

Woooyoung gasped for air once he managed to swim both Minji and Kwangmin to the artificial shore. Youngmin and Minwoo ran over to help lay them down while the other members ran to get help. The spectators circled around the scene and watched. Minwoo whined at the sight of Minji and Kwangmin looking lifelessly pale. "They don't look like they're breathing."

Wooyoung coughed up some water and forced his remaining energy to check Minji's pulse. "Pikachu-twin's twin, check his pulse!" Wooyoung felt no pulse on her. "Damnit!" He performed CPR.

Sara got out of the water and started shaking in fear when Wooyoung desperately pushed on Minji chest as he tried to get her heart to function. "This is all my fault..."

"Kwangmin's heart stopped!" Youngmin cried.

Wooyoung swore again but continued restarting Minji's heart. "Does anybody know CPR?"

"I do." Sara pushed her way through the crowd and sat next to Kwangmin.

"Go away. You've done enough." Youngmin pushed her away.

Sara smiled weakly and started CPR on Kwangmin. "I promise to bring him back!"

Ms. Kwon, JYP, and Mr. Kim made their way through the crowd. They all gasped when they saw Minji and Kwangmin receiving CPR.

"Why should I believe you" Youngmin asked Sara, bitterly.

Sara thought for a second, continuing CPR. "I love him."

As if Minji heard Sara, her fist clenched and she gasped as her eyes shot open. Wooyoung sighed in relief.

"Minji-ah!" JYP knelt down and hugged her. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine." She tried to hug him back but someone held her hand, almost desperately. She looked at her hand and the first thing she saw was Kwangmin's ring. She frantically looked up and saw Kwangmin's lifeless body. "Kwangmin-ah!" She grabbed Kwangmin's hand that still had a tight grib on her hand. She pried her hand free from that grip and pushed Sara away when her CPR wasn't doing anything to save Kwangmin. "You're doing it wrong!" Minji pressed her lips and blew air into Kwangmin. Kwangmin's body slowly rose as opposed to Sara's useless attempts. "How long has he been without a pulse?" Minji asked no one in particular.

"At least three minutes." Wooyoung answered.

Minji cursed and pushed harder on Kwangmin's chest. She cheched his pulse and his heart gave three faint pulses before disappearing again.

"Four minutes," Wooyoung said wearily.

"Come on, Kwangmin-ah..." She started sweating because of the excessive energy she was using up.

Wooyoung shook his head. "Five minutes. I'm sorry, Minji-ah."

She started crying. "Kwangmin..."

"The ambulance is almost here," Youngmin announced, pushing his way back into the circle. "Minji-ah, why'd you stop? Is my brother fine?"

Minji just cried.

"He's fine, right?" Youngmin asked again. "You brought him back, right?"

"Youngmin. It's been five minutes since he last had a pulse..." She said in between sobs.

"I don't care! Bring my brother back!" Youngmin touched Kwangmin's hand at an angle that made Kwangmin's ring shine sunlight into Minji's eye. When the brightness temporarily blinded her, she saw Kwangmin's smiling face.

'These are couple rings that I found on my way to the market.' Kwangmin... You've been by my side since day one. I'm not letting you leave me. Minji resumed CPR.

"Minji, it's no use." Wooyoung said softly.

"I didn't study my brains our to become a doctor if I can't even save him." She smiled with a new revival of energy. "I just learned this new technique. Count down from ten."

"Why?" Wooyoung asked.

"Watch me work my magic."

"10. 9. 8." Everyone in the crowd chanted along. Minji alternated between pushing on Kwangmin's chest and forcing air into his mouth quickly. Come on. Please work. I can't live without you. "7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1." She stopped and everyone held their breath, waiting for the result. A second passed. Two seconds. Three.

Kwangmin gasped for air and everyone cheered.

She smiled with tears in her eyes and touched his cheek. Kwangmin opened his eyes and touched her hand.

Just then, the paramedics came.

~ Hospital ~

"Are you sure you don't need a wheelchair, Ms. Lee? You're still weak." The nurse followed Minji from her room down the hallway.

She smiled at the nurse as she pushed the room-down-the-hallway's door open. "I'll let you know if I need help." The nurse nodded before she returned to tending to other patients. Minji slowly advanced to the back of the room. A tear slid down her cheek and fell onto Kwangmin's hand. He was lying helplessly on the bed.

"Kwangmin..." Kwangmin's chest heaved up and he sighed painfully. "Kwangmin..." Minji whimpered and cried while holding his hand along his bedside. "I'm sorry for not saving you in time. I love you. Please... Don't Leave Me..."

"Minji." A soft voice called out to her. "Minji, come here." She embraced the soft voice that called out. "Forever. Promise me forever, okay?"

She smiled and tried to call out his name but nothing came out of . She tried again. Nothing. Suddenly, she was in Carribean Bay. The place of the incident. She was watching the entire scene all over again from the perspective of a passing by stander. She and Kwangmin being dragged out. The person she was watching as moved closer to the crowd. Kwangmin slipped into unconsciousness. She couldn't force her person to move to help him. She still couldn't scream.

-

"Is she alright? She's going to be fine, right? Why is she shaking? Ah! Why is she suddenly so pale?" Kwangmin bombarded the doctor with futile questions. He held Minji's still broken wrist. "She'll come back to me, right? Then we can live forever and ever?" He now looked at the doctor with watery eyes.

The doctor patted Kwangmin on the back and gave a weary smile. "She should be fine. The x-rays showed little brain damage."

"Then why is she not awake?" Kwangmin Minji's hair. "She was fine on the way to the hospital."

"She just fell asleep on her visit to your room and didn't wake up," the doctor carefully said.

"Then why?"

"She's in a coma, Kwangmin."

"A. Coma?" Kwangmin looked at you.

"She is able to wake up. But as of now..." The doctor shook his head. "Comas happen when the patient experiences traumatic brain damage. But like I said earlier, her x-rays showed little brain damage. I think something in her thoughts are keeping her from waking up. Was she depressed before today? Has she been overworking? Not eating well? I don't know about K-pop but I heard that rumors and the stress of performing is overwhelming."

Kwangmin was silent.

"Have you two." The doctor looked at Kwangmin. "Been fighting or something? A lover's quarrel could sometimes leave emotional and mental scars."

Kwangmin remained silent.

"You two are dating, right?"

Kwangmin nodded. "But she's been through everything you've said. Stress from performing and because of me." Kwangmin let out a deep sigh and turned to her. "I'm sorry, Minji. Foracting stupid. I should've been more sensitive. I should've been by your side. I shouldn't have left you because of what Sara said. I was only doing it for you because she threatened to ruin your career. And I know how much singing and dancing means to you."

The doctor placed his hand on Kwangmin's shoulder. "Everything's going to be fine, Mr. Jo."

Kwangmin nodded and Minji's cold cheeks. "You promised me forever, Minji-ah. Remember?"

BEEP. The doctor shoved Kwangmin away from your bed. Kwangmin's head started spinning from the sudden shove and the nurses rushed in to help him off of the floor. "What's going on?" Kwangmin asked, clutching his head.

"Let's take you back to your room, Mr. Jo." The nurses turned him towards the door.

"Why?" Kwangmin struggled from their grasp. "What's happening?" He turned around to find doctors and nurses rolling Minji's bed through the ER door. "Minji!" He screamed desperately.

"Dongsaeng!" Yongmin hugged Kwangmin and forced him to sit on the bench outside of Minji's room. The rest of the Boyfriend members were huddled around Kwangmin. The nurses left Kwangmin him their care.

Kwangmin began to sob. "They're taking her away from me."

"No, they're not." Youngmin rubbed his brother's back.

"They're trying to save her." Minwoo forced himself to sound excited.

Hyunsun rubbed Kwangmin's hair. "Before you know it, the two of you will be back on stage and going on cute dates, again."

Kwangmin shook his head, not wanting to speak. Not trusting himself to speak.

-

"Mr. Jo," the nurse whispered to Youngmin because Kwangmin fell asleep on Youngmin's shoulders.

Youngmin stopped his brother's hair and looked up at the nurse with tired eyes. "Yes?"

"The two hour surgery is over and Ms. Lee is safely in her room."

"Thank you. Kwangmin, wake up," Youngmin shook Kwangmin awake.

"Minji?" Kwangmin jolted up. "Where's Minji?"

Youngmin smiled. "She's in her room. The surgery was successful."

"Surgery..." Kwangmin looked down.

"She'll be fine." At the voice, Kwangmin's eyes turned from concerned to full of rage. "Get out of here." He glared at Sara who had a teddy bear and balloons that said 'Get well soon, Minji' in her hands.

"She's only here to visit Minji." Youngmin calmed Kwangmin down.

"Where are all of the members?" Kwangmin looked around the hallway that was empty except for the three of them and nurses passing by.

"I told them they could go back to the dorm so they can bring some stuff just in case we need clothes or food." Youngmin answered. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm kind of hungry..." Sara whispered.

Kwangmin glared at her and her eyes darted away from his. She played with the teddy bear in her hands, formulating apologies in her head.

"Get out of here," Kwangmin said sternly.

"After I say that I'm sorry for everything I've done." Sara whispered again.

He walked up to her, fuming with rage. Youngmin smoothly held Kwangmin back so he couldn't hurt Sara but close enough for her to hear every word Youngmin knew Kwangmin was going to say. "You try to kill my girlfriend and you dare come here and say sorry! I've been saying sorry to Minji this entire time and look where she ended up! Back from the ER! Probably still in a coma! Sorry doesn't do crap! If you are so sorry then do us all a favor and leave us ALONE! Why can't you leave us alone? What has Minji ever done to you? Why did you have to push her in to the water? I bet you knew she couldn't swim! 'I'm sorry for everything I've done.'" Kwangmin forced Youngmin to let him go so he could stare right into Sara's face. "Do you think sorry is going to make up for everything you've done? Will sorry make you feel better about yourself? Will sorry make things alright?"

"I don't know, I don't know." Sara cried. "I'm just really sorry."

At the tears, Kwangmin held back his anger. He let out a deep sigh. "Is sorry going to bring Minji back?"

The door to your hospital room opened and a nurse called for Jo Kwangmin. "Minji is asking for you."

At the news, Kwangmin forgot about Sara and rushed into the room. Youngmin was left awkwardly with Sara whose tears turned into a raging waterfall. "So..." Youngmin scratched his head. "Nice weather, huh?"

-

"Minji" Kwangmin rushed to her bed side. His excitement vanished when the image of her somber face flooded his expectation of seeing her smile. "She's still asleep." He almost yelled.

"Yes, but she's been calling out your name." The doctor wrote meticulously on his clipboard.

"Calling out my name?" Kwangmin kept his eyes on Minji, making sure her chest rose and fell rhytmically. "In her sleep?"

Minji stirred. "K-Kwangmin-ah."

Kwangmin smiled at her voice. Her fists opened and closed and he took it as a sign that she wanted him to hold her hand. At his touch, her lips formed a smile. The doctor escorted the nurses and himself out of the room. Kwangmin pulled up and chair and observed her, taking in her perfect features. Her pale skin. Her chapped lips. "My beautiful princess..."

"Kwangmin." She stirred again.

"I'm here." He said in a reassuring voice that she smiled at. He brushed her hair and outlined her features with his thumb, delicately, as if she was about to shatter. "How did you end up like this? My perfect girlfriend. Why couldn't I protect you?" He squeezed her hand and felt the ring that remained on her finger. He readjusted her pillow and blanket to make sure she was comfortable. "I'm sorry for not telling you the truth about Sara. You suffered all by yourself and I wasn't there for you at all. If you come back to me, I promise to be the bestest boyfriend ever." He linked their pinkies childishly. "We pinky promised. So you'll come back, right?"

He kissed her pale hand. "To think that we've been through so much. And we had to end up like this? Hang in there. I'm here for you. Straight from the start. I'll always love you." She shifted in her sleep again. "Never leave me. Please, don't leave me." He looked at the ceiling as tears fell down.

"Kwangmin?" She mumbled; but her eyes remained closed. "Kwangmin? You there?" She asked quietly when he didn't reply.

He stared at her, not believing that she was awake. She slowly opened her eyes and a tear fell.

"Minji," He leaned over the bed railings and embraced her as gently as he possibly could. "Thank you for coming back. Thank you."

"Kwangmin?" Her voice cracked.

"Yes?" He asked, not letting her go.

"I would never leave you. Never."

He pulled away and kissed her on the nose. "I know you wouldn't. I love you soooo much, Minji."

She smiled. "I love you more."

 

~~~~~ Next day ~~~~~

"Thank you," JYP shook the doctor's hand after he handed JYP a note that Minji was discharged from the hospital. Minji and Kwangmin were playing thumb war on the waiting room couch while JYP spoke to the doctor.

The doctor smiled. "My pleasure. It's amazing how quickly she regained her strength. Usually, it takes a couple of days, if not weeks, to be able to properly walk after waking up from a coma. It's atonishing that Ms. Lee was just in the ER less than ten hours ago."

"She's always been a strong girl." JYP commented.

"Ms. Lee is also lucky to be loved and cared about so much." The doctor and JYP turned to watch Kwangmin braid Minji's hair. When he messed up, she turned to smile at him and made him blush. "Love always makes things better."

JYP nodded in agreement. "So when is the next check up?"

The doctor resentfully looked away from the adorable sight of Minji and Kwangmin to look at his clipboard. "In a month. But if she ever has memory lapses or says she has a headache, come immediately to the hospital. She shows no side effects from the drugs or the surgery yet so please keep an eye on her."

"Thank you," they shook hands once more before JYP walked over to Minji and Kwangmin, and the doctor to the hospital office. "So where do you two want to go today?"

Before they could answer, Ms. Kwon and Mr. Kim entered the hospital with flowers, a balloon and a teddy bear. Ms. Kwon was the furst to run up to Minji for a hug. "Minji, how are you feeling? Are you okay? Do you feel any pain?"

Mr. Kim gave Minji everything he was holding. "Hope you feel better soon, Minji."

Minji hugged everything he gave. "Thank you so much for coming. I feel fine." She twirled around to prove that she was fine. "Ms. Kwon, how have you been?"

"I've been good," Ms. Kwon smoothed her hair. "You must come back to Starship one day. I came up with a dance with you in mind."

"SISTAR misses you dearly," Mr. Kim added.

"SISTAR?" JYP asked, confused. "You told me that you didn't know SISTAR personally." He looked from Mr. Kim and Ms. Kwon to Minji. "Should I know something about the three of you?"

"Um!" Minji broke the tense silence. "Sometimes, instead of going to fancy restaurants with Kwangmin, we go to Starship for our dates." She smoothly lied.

JYP shrugged it off. "So, Mr. Kim, may I know why you cancelled Kwangmin and Minji's duet in the middle of promotions?"

Mr. Kim looked at Kwangmin, signaling him to explain.

Kwangmin looked sadly at Minji. "Kwon Sara threatened to ruin Minji's career if I didn't cancel my duet with Minji and do a duet with her."

She gasped. "I should've known."

"Sara has been a pain to Minji for a long time now." Kwangmin told everyone. He turned to Mr. Kim. "Sorry I didn't tell you this earlier, Mr. Kim."

"I understand how much of a pain Sara can be." Mr. Kim nodded. He turned to Ms. Kwon. "Sorry for saying that about your niece."

"No, don't be sorry." Ms. Kwon said. "She's been blackmailing me this entire time. She threatened me to get her into Starship and used me again to get her into LOENT."

"Kwon Sara used to be in Starship?" JYP asked.

"Yes, as our Starship's Summer Trainee." Mr. Kim looked at Minji. She shook her head mouthing 'don't say anything else'. Mr. Kim nodded at her request. "Ms. Kwon, you said something about Sara using you to get into LOENT?"

Ms. Kwon dug into her purse for a video tape labeled "Kwon Sara's LOENT audition tape." "This is the video tape Sara used to get into LOENT."

"So?" Mr. Kim asked.

"This is actually Minji's tape when I was teaching her a dance." Everyone shook their heads.

"So Sara used Minji's audition tape to get back into the industry after getting kicked out of Starship?" Kwangmin clarified.

"Yep."

"Wow." Kwangmin rolled his eyes. "Wait." He remembered something. "That one time when you gave us a video of Minji's dancing back in June..."

"Sara's dancing tape." Ms. Kwon answered.

"I knew it!" Kwangmin cheered.

JYP was listening carefully to what everyone was saying. "Back in June? Ms. Kwon teaching Minji AND Sara? Summer trainee?"

Minji heard JYP piecing together all of the information and gasped. "Um! Let's go home! I'm tired!" She said in a rush.

"Wait." JYP turned to Mr. Kim. "Was Minji under Starship Entertainment earlier this summer or something?"

Minji shook her head frantically.

"Uh." Mr. Kim looked at her. "N-no. Why would you say that?"

"It's just..." JYP tilted his head to the side. "I don't know, never mind. I must be tired and stressed."

"Yeah, that must be it." Minji pulled JYP out the hospital. "Bye, Kwangmin-ah." She kissed Kwangmin on the cheek and rushed into the car that was waiting for them outside of the hospital entrance.

JYP got in after Minji. "Mr. Kim, I'll call you later about Minji and Kwangmin's future."

"Ok." Mr. Kim waved.

"Minji-ah, I'll call you later." Kwangmin called out.

She blew him a kiss and the car drove away.

"Get well soon, Minji!" Ms. Kwon said.

Kwangmin turned to Mr. Kim. "Why did Minji not want you to say that she was a summer trainee?"

Ms. Kwon answered for Mr. Kim. "It's hard for trainees to switch from one entertainment to the next especially after being kicked out of the previous entertainment."

"But she technically wasn't kicked out." Kwangmin defended her. "And me and Youngmin came from JYP. That's no different than Minji coming form Starship."

"It's still hard. And the circumstances are different." Mr. Kim spoke up. "Minji is smart enough to now that once JYP finds out that she previously belonged under my industry, he's going to force her to come back. JYP is an amazingly successfuly CEO but he is also a great friend. He gave me you and your brother. I asked him for you two and he agreed, he didn't like it, but he agreed. Just like that, he would never steal from me."

"Then tell him that he can keep Minji." Kwangmin said.

"I can't do that." Mr. Kim said.

"Why not?"

"Because once I get the chance, I'm going to try and take her back."

"Why would you do that?" Kwangmin asked, shocked.

"After recovering, Minji will do nothing but soar in the music industry. She is capable of doing so much." Mr. Kim looked blankly at Kwangmin. "She has money in her future and who doesn't want money?"

"You can't do anything, though." Kwangmin defended Minji, again. "She would beg to stay. You can't blackmail her."

"Blackmailing is a powerful thing..." Ms. Kwon mumbled.

"But Mr. Kim! You're not a bad guy. You would never ever steal Minji. You're just joking." Kwangmin tried to lie to himself.

"Kwangmin." Mr. Kim said firmly. "You're not a rookie anymore. You need to know that music industry is a scary place. Trust no one. Do what the powerful people say. And don't do anything to get us mad. We could do so much damage to you, your brother, your friends, your family, and your little girlfriend. But I won't do anything to Minji. I don't know why but I won't. For now."

Kwangmin gulped. "Ms. Kwon? What's wrong with him?"

Ms. Kwon shook her head. "This is reality, Kwangmin. You can't be caught up in your own little world if you want to strive in the industry. Music is a scary thing."

Mr. Kim lifted up Kwangmin's chin, forcing Kwangmin to look him in the eye. "You'll listen to whatever I say, right, little boy?"

Kwangmin nodded, frightened.

Mr. Kim smirked. "Good. Then I won't bother Minji. But act up and she's mine."

 

 

A/N: Welcome back Boyfriend!!! I'm obsessed with Love Style, are you??? They're amazing!!! I also like their song 'Do'~ Ahhh, I wanna met them in person TT_TT Heehee. Hope you guys liked the chapter <3 Subscriptions and comments are appreciated :) ~ Kii-chan