I'm A Big Fan

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- June 21 -----

Shindong: Welcome to ShimShim Tapa. Today, we have the latest trend in the K-pop world. Let's all welcome... Lee Minji!

Minji: Hello, I'm Lee Minji.

S: You just debuted yesterday. How was it?

M: It's great. I love performing, seeing people support me. My dreams are coming true. I can't believe I'm here right now.

S: I can't believe you're here either. JYP mentioned that you had a lot of radio show requests so thank you for coming on mines. Is this your first time on a radio show?

M: [fixing headphones] Ahh, how do you work this?

S: [laughs] I'm guessing this is your first time on a radio show.

M: Yes.

S: How is life in JYP Entertainment?

M: It's great. They all treat me like a family.

S: Is there anyone you're especially close with?

M: Well, I think I'm closest with Min-unnie and Wooyoung-oppa.

S: Oh! Min is from America.

M: Yes, she is. I like being able to talk in English with her and Nichkhun. Korean is really hard.

S: Do you have any ultimate goals for yourself? You're already loved by all. Your music video has reached a whooping 6 million views!

M: Really? Six million? That's great. Thank you everyone for supporting me. I think an ultimate goal is just to not lose myself in everything. I want to reach the top without any distractions.

S: That's a great goal. With your talent, you'll reach it in no time. So, you debuted with an innocent image. When you first came into the radio studio, you had that little-girl charm. Are you really this innocent? Do you have a boyfriend?

M: I'm not sure if 'innocent' is a good word to describe me but I've never been interested in dating before.

S: But you must like a boy, right?

M: I haven't seen anyone as my boyfriend.

S: Well, I heard you and Kwangmin from Boyfriend are especially close. Last night, he attended your debut party. Do you like him?

M: He's just a friend.

S: But-

M: He's just a friend.

S: Are you s-

M: He's just a friend.

S: If you say so.

----- Music Bank -----

"Thank you for watching this week's Music Bank," The MCs walked onto the stage followed by all of the performers.

"Hey," Kwangmin stood next to Minji.

"Hi. Good job today." They were still awkward from what happened last night.

"You did great, too."

"Great job today, Minji-ah!" Minwoo jumped up and down next to her. "You look so pretty in this green dress."

"Thank you, Minwoo-ah," she ruffled his hair. "You guys were amazing, too."

"The top two performers for today are..." The MC paused for dramatic effect. "Boyfriend and A Pink. Wow!"

The Boyfriend members were high-fiving each other and walked up to the front. Kwangmin held Minji's hand and hid their interlocked hands behind Hyunseong.

I know you can't be my girlfriend right now, Minji-ah, but I want you to stay by my side like this until you're ready, Kwangmin thought.

Minji sighed. I'm sure it's alright if we remain close friends like this. Until I reach the top, Kwangmin-ah, wait for me.

"And the winner of today's Music Bank is..."

On screen, numbers were spinning. When it stopped spinning, A Pink was in the lead. Minji squeezed Kwangmin's hand. Boyfriend's numbers changed and was higher than A Pink. "Boyfriend! Congratulations!"

They released their hands. Kwangmin ran up to the front of the stage and Minji clapped loudly.

Donghyun accepted the award. "Thank you for this award. First place! I would like to thank Starship and our fans for supporting us. Most importantly, I would like to thank our members. As long as we continue to work hard as one, we can do anything!" He pulled them into a big group hug. "I'll Be There" played for the encore performance and everyone started exiting the stage.

Minji turned to go off stage when Kwangmin pulled her to the center instead. "What are you doing?"

He smirked and started dorky dancing.

"Come on, Minji-ah," Donghyun did the disco point next to Kwangmin. "Just dance!"

Minji laughed and joined them.

----- June 25  -----

Shindong: Welcome to ShimShim Tapa. Today, we have the rising stars, Boyfriend!

Boyfriend: I'm your boyfriend! Hello, we're Boyfriend!

S: Woohoo! Aren't I on a roll this week? First, Lee Minji and now Boyfriend. Welcome, boys!

Jeongmin: Thank you for having us.

S: Thank you for coming. You boys have just won 1st place on all of the music shows. Music Bank, Music Core, Inkigayo, and M Countdown.

Donghyun: Yes, we're very thankful for everyone's support.

S: Congratulations. Now, I want to know about the real Boyfriends. The boys behind the first place trophy. I heard you guys were building your bodies?

D: We're getting traned two days a week for two hours from our trainer. Other than that, we sometimes train on our own.

Youngmin: I feel like I've become more mature now that I'm building my body.

S: Who's body is the best?

J: That's definitely our leader-hyung.

D: Now that I'm building my body, I'm also trying to keep it in balance. I do all different sorts of exercises and am training to just build small muscles here and there.

S: I feel like you guys have grown a lot since the last time I've seen you. Who grew the most?

Minwoo: That's me! When I look at the floor, I feel like the space in between my eyes and the floor has gotten higher. Hehe.

D: I think the twins have grown the most. During our first single album, they were definitely shorter than me, but now I'm sure they're taller. Sigh.

Y: At first -

Kwangmin: Hyung started to grow more and then I started to grow and now we're pretty much the same.

S: Who is the mood maker in the group?

D: Jeongmin and Minwoo are the style to do random cute stuff to lift the mood up.

S: Do you guys have any greed for acting?

Y: We should first grow big as singers. If we get a chance later in our career then I would love to.

S: What about variety showes? Who would do the best?

D: Jeongmin is very funny and is a very bright child with a great personality so I think he'll do great.

J: I can do anything if you guys just ask me! I would love to try a real variety like 'Infinity Challenge' or '1 Night 2 Days'.

Hyunseong: Tomorrow, some of our members are going onto Happy Together so please look forward to it.

S: Oooh, did you hear that, radio listeners? Happy Together is having Boyfriend in their next episode. I'll definitely watch it. So, there's a lot of idols coming out on Immortal Song 2. Would you joing if you were asked to?

H: If I was given a chance, I would love to.

D: Hyunseong is practicing a lot on his singing.

S: Who is your rival group?

M: Boyfriend's rival is Boyfriend.

J: Because we have to get better ourselves, we pick ourselves as our rivals.

S: Do you guys have a group you guys want to be like?

M: Ever since pre-debut, SHINee sunbae-nims have been my role models. I want to become like them.

K: I want to be like DBSK sunbae-nims.

D: I want to be like Shinwa sunbae-nims who are still together.

S: Do you guys have any close girl group friends?

M: We've performed often with A Pink but it's been strictly business only.

J: We're obviously closest to Sistar.

S: What girl group do you look forward to?

D: Definitely Sistar.

K: Other than girl groups, I'm looking forward to Lee Minji.

S: JYP's Princess?

K: Yes. I'm a big fan.

H: A very very verrrrrryyyyy big fan.

S: Ooooh. Did your entertainment put a ban on dating?

D: They didn't say anything specific about not being about to date but if my members did, as the leader I would have to stop them.

S: [laugh] Why is everyone looking at Kwangmin?

Y: He likes someone.

M: He wishes they were dating.

S: Is that true?

K: We're not dating but there is a girl that I've like for a while."

S: Ooooh, interesting. What is she like?

K: She's innocent and pure.

H: And cute.

J: And talented.

S: Looks like the rest of your memebers know.

D: It was really obvious that he liked her.

S: Can we get a hint?

M: She's extremely popular.

S: Is it JYP's Princess, Lee Minji?

[Credit to dkpopnews.net for the interview translation. This interview was from the Don't Touch My Girl era but this is my favorite interview so far. I mixed up the questions, ommited some, and made up some of my own to make the flow better.]

 

----- June 22 -----

"Okay, everyone, take your seats." The PD announced. "Happy Together starts in a minute."

Everyone rushed to their places. Jeongmin, Minwoo, and Kwangmin were dressed out in blue sauna s. They sait in the following order: Bongsun, Misun, Myungsoo, Jaesuk, empy seat, Kwangmin, Minwoo, and Jeongmin.

"Excuse me," Kwangmin asked Jaesuk. "Why is there an empty seat?"

Jaesuk whispered, "there's a suprise guest."

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

The four MCs - Bongsun, Jaesuk, Misun, and Myungsoo: If we're together, Thursday night will be very happy. Happy Together!

Jaesuk (JS): Today, we have Boyfriend's Jeongmin, Minwoo, and Kwangmin.

Jeongmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo: I'm your boyfriend! Hello, we're boyfriend!

MCs: Wow! [clap]

Misun (MiS): Not-so-rookie group, Boyfriend!

Bongsun: Boyfriend, saranghae!!!!!!!

Myungsoo (MyS): [covers ears] We're being recorded, control your fangirling!

BS: [wink]

JS: Let's start with Jeongmin.

Jeongmin (JM): Hello, I'm Boyfriend's flower boy, Jeongmin.

MiS & BS: So pretty.

Minwoo (MW): Jello, I"m Boyfriend's cute maknae, Minwoo.

MiS & BS: Cutie.

Kwangmin (KM): Hello, I'm Boyfriend's charismatic rapper, Kwangmin.

MiS & BS: Charisma, charisma, charisma.

KW: [looks at the camera and poses like a model]

JS: Look at his eyes! He looks so fierce. Myungsoo, try do charismatic eyes.

MyS: [stares at the camera]

MiS: Are you being hypnotized? When I snap my fingers, you are SNSD. [snaps fingers]

MyS: [stands up and dances to The Boys]

BS: You can sit down now.

JS: Now, Kwangmin asked me before the program-

MyS: 'Will you be my girlfriend?' (starts dancing to the Boyfriend song)

JS: No I'm married [slaps MyS's leg]. Keangmin asked, "Excuse me, why is there an empty seat?" And I told him "There's a special guest". The new K-Pop Princess who has stolen the heart of South Korea. Lee Minji!

[Minji's debut song plays in the background and she walks in]

JM, MW, & KML [looks at each other and smiles]

Minji (MJ): Hello, I'm the new K-Pop Princess, Lee Minji.

MCs: So pretty.

MiS: American accent! You came from America, right?

MJ: Yes, I'm from Hawaii.

BS: Oh! Bonjour~

MyS: She said Hawaii not France!

When Minji laughed, she leaned into Kwangmin and hid behind him.

MiS: What's going on? Do you two know each other?

JM: Minji-ah used to be a trainee at Starship.

JS: Really?

MJ: I guess it's not a secret anymore.

JS: It was a secret?

MJ: I was only a trainee for a week before I left for JYP Entertainment. While I was there, Kwangmin took care of me as if he were my big brother.

KM: [blush]

MiS: Why are you blushing? Are you two dating?

KM: Wow, that questions comes up a lot, doesn't it?

MJ: We're just really good friends.

BS: Don't lie~

JS: You said that Kwangmin treated you like a sibling. Who treated you the worst?

MJ: Minwoo-ah. Everyone was really nice to me but Minwoo said something that I can never forget.

MW: [hides face]

BS: Bady boy~

MiS: Why did Minwoo say to you?

MJ: When I first arrived at the Starship building, I was introduced to the Boyfriend members and Mr. Kim told Boyfriend-sunbaenims to take care of me since I'm closest to Minwoo's age.

JS: What year are you born in?

MJ: 1995.

MiS: What month?

MJ: December.

BS: Minwoo was born in July.

JS: Stop stalking younger men!

MyS: Minji-ah~ Baby~

MJ: Yes, ahjusshi~?

[everyone laughs]

JS: So what does age have to do with you saying Minwoo treated you the worst?

MJ: When I told him what month I was born, he just frowned and said "Darn, not a noona."

JS: Do you like noonas, Minwoo-ah?

MW: It's not that I only like noonas, I just like firls who can take care of me.

MiS & BS: Come here, Minwoo-ah, let us take care of you.

MyS: Don't take candy from scary old ladies.

 

JS: Jeongmin, what's your ideal type?

JM: I like cute girls with big eyes and short hair. Younger by a year.

JS: Minwoo probably likes pretty and cute noonas.

MW: Yes, it's true.

JS: What about you, Kwangmin?

KM: [looks at Minji] I like girls who are cute and innocent. Someone who is extremely talented but doesn't like to show off. A girl who has a big dream and is determined to achieve it.

MiS: Sounds like you already have an ideal girl in mind.

BS: It's me, isn't it?

[everyone laughs]

KM: [plays along] Yes, noona~

JS: Do you prefer younger or older girls?

KM: Younger by a few months.

BS: What month were you born in?

KM: April.

MiS: Omo, 1995, right? Minji is younger than you byeight months.

JS: PD-nim, contact the PD for We Got Married.

MyS: No! Minji-ah is mine.

BS: Minji-ah, blow ahjusshi a kiss so that he'll let you date Kwangmin.

MJ: Ahjusshi~ [blows kiss]

MyS: [smiles widely] You can date Kwangmin. But think about me often~

MiS: Does JYP mention dating?

MJ: No. We've been so busy with my debut that he hasn't talked to me about it yet.

MW: Are you planning on dating?

JS: I'm the MC here!

MW: I'm just curious.

MJ: No, I don't plan on dating. I want to focus on my dream first. Maybe, if I reach number one, I'll consider it.

JS: Do you have an ideal type?

MJ: I've been asked that question a lot so after thinking about it, I like someone who knows the atmosphere. Who knows the difference between work and play.

JM: Darn, that's not Kwangmin.

 

JS: The next corner is like eating a pheasant and eggs, digging a ditch and catching crawfish, meeting your man and picking mulberry trees, your sister and her husband being happy, finding money while sweeping your yard, killing two birds with one stone. Happy together's oxygen like, best of the best corner where we learn about star's secrets and they receive daily necessities, Star Quiz, who in the world... Could this be!

MW: [gets attacked by words]

JM: [eats the flying words]

KW: [protects Minji]

MJ: [confused]

MiS: Minji-ah, have you ever watched this show before?

MJ: Honestly, no. We don't have Korean variety shows in America and I barely went on the computer.

BS: That would explain why she was looking at us dodging the invisible flying words as if we were crazy.

JM: Did you see what happened earlier? Kwangmin was prettending to be superhero by protecting Minji-ah like this. [copies what Kwangmin did] And Minji just looked at him and asked "Yah! Neo micheoseo?!"

[everyone laughs]

KM: [hides face]

MJ: [hugs him] Sorry.

 

JS: First choice, Minwoo.

MW: SSang.

JS: Ssang! Jeongmin! Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss. "Every hour, I have to blank blank blank blank." Four words.

MyS: Myungsoo! "Make all the beds"

JS: Wrong!

MW: MInwoo! "Look in the mirror!:

JS: "Every hour, I have to look in the mirror." Correct!

MiS: Every hour?

JM: When we debuted, my nickname was the Mirror Prince. I like seeing my own face.

 

JS: Next, Kwangmin.

KM: Seu.

JS: Seu. Kwangmin. Hairdryer and hairspray. "I cannot blank."

BS: Bongsun! "Sing"?

JS: Wrong!

JM: Jeongmin! "Cook"!

JS: Wrong.

JM: But you can't cook.

KM: Yes, I can!

MW: Burnt rice doesn't count as cooking!

KM: You still ate it!

MW: Because it was the only food we had.

MiS: A man should know how to cook.

MJ: Minji!

JS: [startled] [everyone laughs] Sorry. I was so focused on the arguement and then a high voice screams "Minji!" in my ear.

MJ: Sorry.

JS: What's your guess?

MJ: "Kwangmin cannot wink."

JS: Correct.

BS: Wink for us!

KM: [blink]

BS: Are you just pretending?

KM: No, I wish I could wink. But I think it runs in the family. Youngmin-hyung cannot wink either.

JM: [wink]

MiS: Jeongmin is so pretty.

JM: Minwoo-ah has the best wink because he copies girl groups.

MW: [wink]

MiS, BS, & MJ: [Squeel] Kyaaaa.

MyS: Minji? Did you just fangirl? [slaps BS & MiS] Look what you did! You influenced my Minji!

MJ: It was just so cute! [pinches Minwoo's cheeks]

KM: [trying hard to wink]

MW: Kwangmin, don't hurt yourself.

MiS: Let's have Minji show us how it's done.

MJ: [wink]

MiS: Pretty~

JS: Ok, next person, Jeongmin.

JM: Eh.

JS: Eh. Minji. Shampoo and conditioner. "I don't know how to blank blank."

KM: Kwangmin! "Read Korean!"

JS: Correct! Are you Minji's fan? You answered so quickly.

KM: I'm not just any fan, I'm her #1 fan. [attempts to wink]

 

 

A/N: Heehee, I watched SNSD's Happy Together to ge the idea for this chapter. ^^ I know it was kind of boring but I really wanted to write the script for a radio show and variety show. I appreciate all of your support and comments :D ~ Kii-chan <3