I Like You

Starship's Summer Trainee

"No. I don't know. We just met but she makes me really happy."

"I don't make you happy?" Youngmin joked. He laid down next to Kwangmin and hugged his brother.

Kwangmin wrestled him off.

"As long as you two don't start dating, you can like her all you want." Donghyun pointed out.

"She's just the summer trainee." Kwangmin protested.

"But what if Kwangmin asks her to be his girlfriend? Eh eh eh~" Minwoo danced to their debut song 'Boyfriend'.

Donghyun danced with Minwoo. "Then I'm going to have to scold him. Eh eh eh~"

 

----- June 3 -----

Boyfriend's manager walked into the Boyfriend door in the morning. They were changing into their training clothes. "Good morning, boys."

"Good morning, hyung," they greeted in unison.

"What brings you here, hyung?" Donghyun asked as he put his shirt on.

"I have great news for you guys!" Their manager smiled. "Mr. Kim brought all of the instructors to an all day convention so there are no classes today."

The Boyfriend members cheered.

"So, where do you guys want to go?"

"Waterpark!" Jeongmin shouted.

"Mall!" Donghyun suggested.

"Lotte World!" Minwoo screamed.

"Oooh, Lotte World sounds fun." Jeongmin commented.

"It does," Donghyun agreed.

"Lotte World?" Their manager asked.

"Yes!" They scremed in unison.

"Okay, we'll go in an hour." The manager left their dorms to get ready himself.

"Wow! We get to go to Lotte World!" Youngmin cheered.

"I'm so excited." Hyunseong jumped up and down.

"Oh! Why don't we invite Minji-ah?" Donghyun suggested.

Kwangmin nodded quickly. "Is that alright with everyone?"

The members all nodded. "We can get to know her better." "It would be fun." "Great idea."

Kwangmin smiled widely and walked over to Minji's dorm. "Minji-ah!" He barged into her room. She was sitting at her desk studying again. He took her glasses away.

"Meany! I can't see without my glasses!" She squirmed to get her glasses back.

"You look pretty without your glasses," Kwangmin bluntly said.

She pouted. "So I'm ugly with them on?"

"No! You look beautiful with or without glasses." He placed her glasses back on her face. They stared at each other for a few seconds before looking away, awkwardly. "Want to come to Lotte World with us?"

"What's Lotte World?"

"It's like an indoor carnival."

"Oooh, sounds fun. But I have training." She placed her glasses on her head.

"The instructors are going to be at a convention all day so training is canceled."

"Really?" She was excited. But then she frowned again. "I should study."

"Party pooper!" Jeongmin walked into Minji's room with the other members.

"Come on, Minji-ah, it's summer vacation." Youngmin pointed out. "You should be having fun."

"Studying is fun," she said half-heartedly.

Everyone laughed. "Come on." "Just for today." "We want you to come." They tried to convince her.

"Oh, alright," she gave in. "Under one condition. No roller coasters."

-

"Kyaaaaaaaaa!" Minji screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Isn't this fun?!" Hyunseong laughed as the wind rushed through his hair.

"NO!" She closed her eyes. "I hate roller coasters!"

"But this is fun, see?" Hyunseong lifted his arms up and screamed. "YEAAAAAHHH!!!"

Kwangmin was sitting behind them just to watch if Hyunseong was going to make any moves on Minji.

After getting off of the ride, Minji sat down on the bench, exhausted. "Let's go again!" Jeongmin grabbed her arm and dragged her back onto the roller coaster.

"Kwangmin-ah, help me!" She screamed.

Kwangmin laughed. "Have fun!" He sighed as he sat down on the bench. Youngmin, Hyunseong, Minwoo, and Donghyun joined him on the bench.

"That was awesome!" Hyunseong cheered. "I love the wind in my face."

"Where should we go next?" Youngmin asked.

"It's almost lunch time." Donghyun pointed out. "We should go to that nice restaurant on the second floor."

"Yeah!" Everyone agreed.

Kwangmin leaned his head on Youngmin's shoulders. "Kwangminnie, are you okay?"

"Is it because you can't have time alone with Minji?" Donghyun teased.

Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows. "No. I don't care whether or not I get to spend time with her!"

"Sure," Donghyun rolled his eyes and nudged Youngmin who laughed.

"Admit it, Kwangmin, you like her." Hyunseong said firmly.

Kwangmin opened his mouth to deny it.

"Oh!" Minwoo interrupted Kwangmin. "I have an idea!" Minwoo told everyone but Kwangmin to gather around and listen to his plan.

While he waited for the members to stop whispering to each other, Kwangmin looked at the park map. "Ooh, a calm boat ride. I think Minji will like that."

The others went back to Kwangmin the same time Minji and Jeongmin were done.

"I hate roller coasters," Minji plopped next to Kwangmin on the bench, even more exhausted than before.

"You should of heard her!" Jeongmin laughed and pointed at her. "At one point, she lost her voice because she was screaming so much."

She pouted. Kwangmin soflty punched Jeongmin to defend her. "Are you hungry, Minji-ah?" Kwangmin asked her softly.

She nodded. "Where are we going to eat?"

"Donghyun-hyung wants to eat at a restaurant on the second floor." Hyunseong answered.

~~~~~ Two hours later, after lunch ~~~~~

"Ah, I'm so full." Youngmin rubbed his bloated stomach.

"That was delicious." Hyunseong his lips.

"How was lunch?" Kwangmin asked her.

She took the last bite of her pasta and gave him a thumbs up. "Great."

Donghyun waved a waiter over. "Can we have the receipt please?"

Minwoo got Donghyun, Youngmin, Hyunseong, and Jeongmin's attention. "Mission, go!" They all stood up and walked away from the table.

Minji and Kwangmin looked at each other, confused. "What's going on?" Kwangmin grabbed Minwoo's arm.

Minwoo chuckled. "Meet us back over here in 8pm for dinner."

"Wait, where are you guys going?"

Minwoo whispered in Kwangmin's ear. "You like her. Admit. Now's your chance to be with her. Have fun." Minwoo winked before walking out of the restaurant.

Kwangmin laughed to himself. "These guys."

"Here's your receipt, sir." Waiter handed Kwangmin the receipt.

"Thank you," Kwangmin took it. "$150..."

"Wow! This meal was super expensive!" Minji gasped.

They walked up to the cashier. Kwangmin took out his wallet and handed over a credt card. "Thank you come again." The two of them walked out of the restaurant.

"Did they just make you pay for the meal?!" She asked in disbelief.

Kwangmin smirked and held up the credit card he used to pay. "This is Donghyun-hyung's."

She laughed and slapped his arm.

-----

"So where do you want to go?" Kwangmin asked as they got onto the first floor.

"Um," She looked around. "I'm not sure."

You like her. Admit it. Kwangmin took a deep breath and held her hand. "Let's just walk around for now."

She blulshed and nodded. They walked for a few minutes, silently holding hands. Suddenly, they both pointed at the teacup ride. "I want to ride that!" They said at the same time. They giggled at the synchronization and ran to stand in line for the ride.

"Ready?" Minji taunted as they got into a blue teacup.

Kwangmin nodded and placed his hands on the wheel.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1." The ride started.

Minji and Kwangmin frantically spun the wheel as fast as they could.

After the ride, they joked around about how dizzy they were and then spent the next few hours having fun riding all of the rides (minus the roller coasters).

"Oh!" Kwangmin remembered that he wanted to try the boat ride. He grabbed Minji's hand confindently and lead her to the ride. They got onto the boat and admired the beautiful scenery.

"Wow, I usually don't like boats but this is fun." She smiled.

Kwangmin couldn't help but stare at her. He noticed how soft her hair looked, how well her simple shorts and jacket complimented her natural beauty and how sparkling her eyes were as she gazed at the water lilies they passed by.

"So. You've never liked anyone before?" He couldn't think of anything else to say.

She shook her head. "No guy has ever caught my eye. I don't know. Is it nice liking someone? I mean. Having someone to look forward to seeing. Smiling in the middle of the day because I was just thinking about him."

"You forgot the feeling of floating on the clouds when you're with them."

She turned to Kwangmin and smiled. His heart skipped a beat.

"Minji-ah?" He said quietly.

Suddenly, the boat rocked due to the unexpected current. Minji lurched forward and Kwangmin caught her from falling into the water. When they opened their eyes, their faces were only a few centimeters away from each other.

Minji held her breath.

Kwangmin chuckled.

"I like you."