New Pop Princess

Starship's Summer Trainee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipF26oiY54

 

----- June 15 -----

Kwangmin was sitting alone in the park missing Minji. He scribbled some lyrics onto a piece of paper:

 

I will realize as time goes on, why you left like this
With all these different thoughts, only my heart, my heart...

Only a single day has passed
And nothing has changed but why
Why did you slip away and disappear without a single word?
Was I that un reliable?

Was it that hard for you?
We promised to endure through everything
I will protect you, please come back
Back to your place, oh please

* If I talk to you in my heart, will you be able to listen?
After time passes, at the ends of the earth
I want to face you and close my eyes

With all these different thoughts, only my heart, my heart...

In case you are somewhere alone, suffering alone,
I keep worrying about that

So right then, just stop and wait -
I will hurry and catch up to you
I will find you, please wait for me
Right now at that place, oh please

* repeat

Where did you go? Where did you go?
Where did you go, you?
Where exactly did you go? Where did you go?
Where did you go, you?

If I fill up my heart and send it to you, 
Will you be able to accept it?
Even if time plays a joke on us and blocks us

I want to hold your hand and win

 

Lyrics credit to: southkoreaaddict.blogspot.com

 

----- June 16 -----

"It's too hard!" Sara complained and fell onto the floor with a thoud.

Ms. Kwon crossed her arms. "Minji perfected this dance in five days. Not so easy now is it, you spoiled brat?"

"No way, I'm better than her." Sara got up and tried dancing again. Ten seconds into dancing, Sara tripped on her own foot.

"I'm leaving." Ms. Kwon rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I wasted my paycheck to take you on a two day trip. I really can't believe I risked my job and lied to Mr. Kim about Minji being untalented for an ungrateful niece like you!" She walked away.

Outside of the dance practice room was Mr. Kim's assistant with a video recorder.

"Ms. Kwon, come with me to Mr. Kim's office. I have a video I want to show him." Mr. Kim grabbed Ms. Kwon's arm forcefully and dragged her to the office.

Mr. Kim's assistant opened the door which startled Mr. Kim from his nap. "Is there a problem?" Mr. Kim asked.

His assistant bowed and handed him the video recorder. "Sir, this is a video of Kwon Sara's dance practice." Ms. Kwon stared at the video camera with wide eyes.

"Thank you." Mr. Kim turned it on and watched Sara miserably dancing and Ms. Kwon's confession that she lied about you. "Ms. Kwon."

"Yes, sir?" Ms. Kwon lowered her head, anticipating what he was going to say.

"You're fired. Take your niece and leave this company."

Ms. Kwon fell onto her knees. "Please, sir, please. It's not my fault. Sara blackmailed me into getting her into Starship. Please, sir, I need this job."

"You lied and cheated and hurt someone because of blackmail?" Mr. Kim crouched down to Ms. Kwon. "Drag her out." His assistants swarmed in and dragged Ms. Kwon and Sara from the building. "Bring Jo Kwangmin from Boyfriend to me."

~~~~~

"It's starting! It's starting!" Minwoo squeeled at the television. The news was starting in three minutes.

"You're a really strange child, you know that right?" Hyunseong laughed as he sat next to Minwoo.

Donghyun was lifting weights on his bed, Jeongmin was listening to music, and Youngmin was sleeping.

Kwangmin was at his desk staring at Minji's ring, thinking about her. "You want to watch with us, Kwangminnie?" Hyunseong asked.

"No." Kwangmin kept staring at the ring and covered his face. "Minji-ah..."

"You can't be mad at us forever," Hyunseong and Minwoo pouted.

"Get over her. She's nothing but a pretty face," Donghyun mumbled.

*Knock Knock Knock* Kwangmin opened the door quickly in hopes that it was her.

"Jo Kwangmin, Mr. Kim was to see you." Mr. Kim's assistant informed Kwangmin.

"Okay." Disappointed, Kwangmin followed the assistant into the office. He sat down on the chair across of Mr. Kim. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

Mr. Kim nodded. "I just kicked out Kwon Sara as well as fired Ms. Kwon for insubordination. Ms. Kwon was the teacher that complained about Minji's lack of skill. She faked the evidence she showed to me and managed to get her niece into the company. I had my assistant film their dance lesson today and managed to record Ms. Kwon confessing to the insoburdination."

Kwangmin smiled widely.

"So, I want you to tell Minji that her lessons resume tomorrow and she will be meeting her new dance instructor next week."

Kwangmin frowned. "Sir, Minji left. She's no longer at the company."

"When did this happen?" Mr. Kim was surprised to hear the sudden news.

"Just yesterday. Someone trashed her room so she decided to leave. She didn't say where she was going."

"Oh, no. That's terrible. Do you know who did such a terrible thing?"

Kwangmin was about to tattle-tale on s but remembered that Minji told him not to be mad at them in the letter she wrote to him. "No, sir, I don't know who did it."

Mr. Kim shook his head. "I can't believe it. Do you have any way to contact Lee Minji? She did not put a personal cell phone number on her application."

Kwangmin took out his phone. "Yes, sir. I'll call her right now." He pressed his speed dial number one but the call went straight to voice mail. "Her phone is off."

"I wonder where she is..." Mr. Kim thought out loud.

"Sir, I apologize for interrupting." His assistant barged in. "Please turn on the television to channel 4 news." Curious, Mr. Kim the plasma screen television in his office.

~~~~~

Back at the Boyfriend dorm, Donghyun was still lifting weights, Jeongmin was still listening to music, and Youngmin woke up from his nap and joined Hyunseong and Minwoo infront of the television.

"And now, for the music portion of today's news." The anchorman announced. "'Big Bang Member TOP's y Wave Dance Drives Fans Wild', 'Teaser Video for Dream High 2 Revealed', 'Wonder Girls, Girl's Generation, and 2NE1 To Make Their US Debut nin 2012'."

The anchorman turned to the left obviously listening to some last minute directions from the PD. "I've just been informed of some breaking news in the music industry. JYP's new trainee, who was merely just a rumor yesterday, was just confirmed by Jinyoung Park, himself."

The news showed an interview of JYP. "Yes, it is true. The newest addition to our JYP family is extremely talented. She was scouted yesterday and appeared like an angel at the company building. She is loved by all of her seniors and is already showing amazing potential. I plan on debuting her soon."

The news switched back to the anchorman at the studio. "Wow! This girl must be comething! She only stepped foor in JYP Entertainment yesterday! The teaser video I'm about to show you was released two hours ago and it has already reached a million hits on YouTube. Daebak! Let's take a look."

Donghyun and Jeongmin stopped what they were doing and joined Hyuseong, Minwoo, and Youngmin in front of the television.

The teaser video was pitch black while a guitar was playing the background. Someone finger picked an ingenious piece flawlessly. Next was a drum solo, then a piano, trumpet, flute, french horn, ukulele, cello, and finally violin. Suddenly, the video brightened up just enough to see the instruments that were just recently played as well as the silhouette of a girl dancing.

Minwoo and Kwangmin recognized the dancing style.

The lights turned off again and a girl began to sing. The girl hit falcetto notes and every note was perfectly in tune, not void of emotion nor feeling.

Donghyun blushed. "They didn't even show her face but I think I'm in love."

"No, no, this girl is mine." Jeongmin jokingly objected.

"Her voice is amazing..." Hyunseong's heart beat was quick.

Youngmin shook his head. "Not just her voice. The girl herself is amazing."

"Please be a noona!" Minwoo crossed his fingers.

~~~~~

"That voice..." Kwangmin whispered.

"Did you say something, Jo Kwangmin?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Huh? No, sir."

The girl's song was interrupted by Jinyoung Park's voice - who was obviously filming the teaser video. "And now, presenting JYPE's new pop princess..." The girl giggled at JYP's silliness.

"That laugh..." Kwangmin whispered again.

The lights in the room suddenly elluminated JYPE's practice room. Mr. Kim, Kwangmin, and the rest of Boyfriend dropped their jaws at the girl that was on the screen infront of them.

In the video, Minji bowed to the camera. "Hello, I'm Lee Minji. JYP Entertainment's newest Princess." She said in her adorable American accent.