You're Falling In Love

Starship's Summer Trainee

-

"I'm glad we got to see each other again." Kwangmin rushed out of Minji's room, embarrassed. He ran into the Boyfriend dorm.

"Hey, lover boy," Donghyun teased. "Happy that your love at first sight is the new trainee?"

Kwangmin plopped onto his bed. "Actually, I am." He said, trying to hide his excitement with a yawn.

Youngmin sat next to Kwangmin on Kwangmin's bed. "Don't get carried away. You're my little brother and I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm not going to do anything. Yes, she's the summer trainee. Yes, she's cute. But I'm not going to do anything that would get me hurt." Kwangmin tried to convince his brother.

Youngmin eyed Kwangmin.

Minwoo and Donghyun looked at each other and shrugged. "I think it would be fine if he confessed to Minji," Minwoo commented.

Jeongmin slammed his notebook onto the table. "Woah, crankypants, what's wrong?" Kwangmin teased.

"He's upset because Minji's cute." Hyunseong laughed. "I agree with him. I'm jealous that you have a girl like her."

"She's not my girl." Kwangmin said quietly. Jeongmin rubbed Kwangmin's hair and smiled. "We'll see about that."

*Knock Knock Knock*

Minji poked her head into their room. "Done unpacking?" Donghyun got up and pulled her into the room. He motioned for her to sit next to Kwangmin.

Kwangmin quickly pushed Youngmin off of his bed to let her sit. She asked Youngmin if he was okay as she lightly sat down on Kwangmin's bed.

"Geez, bros before hoes, okay?" Youngmin whined. Thankfully, Minji didn't understand what he said due to her limited knowledge of slang.

"So where are you from?" Hyunseong asked.

"Hawaii."

"Wow," everyone was amazed.

"Aloha," Jeongmin randomly said. She giggled at his accent. He blushed at how cute she looked when she laughed. "Do you have a boyfriend? Of course, other than us 'Boyfriend'."

The members rolled their eyes at Jeongmin's lame joke.

"I've never had a boyfriend."

"I don't believe you," Hyunseong commented. "You're so sweet."

"Thanks," she smiled shyly. "I've actually never liked a boy before."

Kwangmin smiled at the thought of being her 'first love'. "We'll make sure you have an unforgettable summer." He kindly assured her.

She smiled again.

"What year were you born in?" Minwoo curiously asked, hoping that she was a noona.

"1995."

"Oh!" Minwoo got excited. "Just like me and the twins. Were you born before July? Are you a noona?"

She shook her head. "No, I was born in December."

Minwoo pouted. "Darn, not a noona."

"Do you not like dongsaengs?" Minji looked down, hurt.

Minwoo got up and hugged her. "Don't worry, you're still super cute." The members were all jealous that Minwoo was hugging the new trainee. Kwangmin pulled her out of the hug and dragged her out of the room.

"You went too far, Minwoo-ah..." Jeongmin shook his head at Minwoo once Minji and Kwangmin left.

Minwoo lowered his head. "I should go and say sorry." He got up but Hyunseong grabbed his arm.

"Later. Leave him alone with Minji."

~~~~~

"Kwangmin?" She asked as she was being pulled down the stairs.

Kwangmin let go of her arm and, instead, held her hand. "Let's walk around the neighborhood. There's a nice little bakery around here." He turned to her and smiled.

Minji's heart fluttered when he held her hand and nearly jumped out of her chest when he smiled at her. What's this feeling?, she thought. I-I've never felt this way before... My chest hurts because my heart is beating so hard.

"Are you ok?" Kwangmin looked at her, concerned, as he held the entrance to the Starship Building doors open.

She looked at Kwangmin and instantly felt her face turn bright red. "I-I'm fine. It's just... I don't know. I feel like there's something in my stomach."

Kwangmin quickly looked at her. "Are you pregnant?"

She slapped him. "Of course not! I just feel all fuzzy."

"Fuzzy?"

"Yeah, like bunnies. Bunnies are in my stomach. No, something more like fluffy baby chicks. No. It's not that either."

Kwangmin caught on to what she was saying. Is she falling in love with me?, he thought. To test out his suspicions, he put their interlocked fingers into his pocket like what a boyfriend would do to his girlfriend.

Minji gasped and blushed a bright red.

He smirked. "Butterflies."

"Butterflies!" She repeated. "That's right. There are butterflies in my stomach. How did you know?"

He shrugged. "I've had the feeling before."

"You have? Then do you know why I'm feeling like this?"

"You're faling in love."

"Love?!" She yelled in disbelief. "With who?"

He chuckled. He took her hand out of his pocket and placed his arm around herr shoulders as they reached the bakery shop. They both ordered their pastries and took a seat at the window table.

"There's something that's been bothering me..." Kwangmin stuck a straw in his chocolate shake drink. "Do you not know us?"

"Us?" She looked at Kwangmin. "Who's 'us'?"

Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows. "'Us' as in me and my hyungs. Boyfriend."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to watch television or go on the internet during the school year. The last time I heard a Korean song was last summer. I'm not up to date with the K-Pop world."

"Why?"

She looked down. "My parents want me to be a doctor and they force me to study hard." She sighed. "Are you guys famous?" She changed the subject.

Kwangmin respected her privacy so he didn't push the subject. Plus, he felt sad when she frowned. "Yep, we won 'Rookie of the Year' at the Phillipine KPOP convention, 'Best Rookie Group of the 2011' at Best of Korea, and we also won 'MTV's Best New Artist' Award." He proudly lifted his head.

"Wow!" She cheered. "Congrats. You guys are so cool!"

He smiled at her. She caught him staring and they both looked away shyly.

She took a bite out of her donut. "You said that you had butterflies in your stomach before. Do you have a girlfriend?"

Kwangmin took a sip of his chocolate shake. "Nope."

"Then are you in love?"

He stared at her.

She shifted uncomfortably. "Kwangmin?"

He smiled softly. "Am I in love? I think I am."

 

----- June 2 -----

"Minji-ah!" Kwangmin barged into her room, located right next to theirs. He walked over to her at her desk. "What are you doing?"

"Homework," She didn't look up.

Kwangmin jumped onto her bed. "Want to go somewhere?"

"Kwangmin-ah, I have to study."

He pouted. "Come on, it's summer vacation. Why do you need to study?"

"Because I'm supposed to be at a medical program." She said quickly.

Her accent was so strong that he couldn't understand her. "Please! I'm hungry!" He made cute faces at her.

She ignored him. "I have training in an hour so it would be a waste of time."

He pouted and walked towards the door. "If you want to hang out, you know where I live."

She giggled at his silliness. Then her phone started to ring. "Hello, mom?"

"Hi, honey, how are you?"

"I'm fine mom."

"Okay, I just wanted to check to see how you are. When are you coming home?"

"Um..." She searched around for her plane ticket. "July 29."

"That's such a long time from now."

She laughed. "I know, mom. How's dad?"

"Dad's alright. He misses you. But he knows that you're working very hard to make us and yourself proud."

She didn't know what to say. She suddenly felt guilty for lying to them about the summer program.

"Well, I'll call you next week again. Take care, honey."

"Okay, mom. Love you. Bye." The call ended. She placed her head on her textbook, frustrated. "I feel bad, but this is my dream..."

~~~~~

Kwangmin pouted and walked to her door. "If you want to hang out, you know where I live." He walked back to the dorm and laid down on the floor.

"Stop being a fire hazard," Youngmin laughed.

Minwoo sat next to Kwangmin on the floor. "What did Minji-ah say?"

"She has to study."

"Do you like her?" Minwoo poked Kwangmin's cheek.

Kwangmin thought for a second. "No."