You Don't Like Me, Do You?

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- June 22 -----

Minji, JYP, Mr. Kim, and Kwangmin were sitting around  in JYP's office discussing about the collaboration.

"I want to start the MV shooting tomorrow," JYP said.

Mr. Kim blinked. "Tomorrow? Isn't that a bit too soon? Boyfriend just finished up their promotions and Minji's still in the middle of hers."

"Well, Minji's a hardworker; she has tons of energy. She said she's willing to go straight from her goodbye stage to the collaboration." She nodded to show that she really did agree to it.

"But tomorrow's way too soon. Tomorrow's supposed to be Kwangmin's day off."

"I'm excited for this collaboration." Kwangmin spoke up. "I want to start as soon as possible."

"Are you sure?"

Kwangmin nodded.

"Okay," JYP smiled. "If things go as planned, the MV shotting should only take four days. In five days, there will be a teaser performance and after that, the Music Core debut. I anticipate that the song recording will only take a day. In two days, I also scheduled a photoshoot for teaser shots. Plus, the photoshoot will be a great experience for Minji and photoshoots are just so fun." He clapped childishly.

Everyone giggled. "You're really on top of things, Jinyoung," Mr. Kim praised. "But do we really need to rush everything? The kids might get exhausted."

"Actually," JYP frowned. "I only signed Minji on a two month ontract so I need to make the most of this last month she's with JYPE."

Minji gasped. Since she was having so much fun being an idol, she completely forgot that she was originally just a summer trainee.

Kwangmin held her hand under the table, which brought her back to reality.

"Ah, that's right," Mr. Kim said. "So you said the song recording is tomorrow?"

"Yes, Minji's vocal instructor, Mrs. Kang wrote a duet song with Kwangmin and Minji in mind two days ago." JYP pulled out a piece of paper with the lyrics writen on it.

Mr. Kim read it out loud. Once he was done, he passed it to Kwangmin.

"It's alright," she shook her head when Kwangmin gave the lyrics for her to read. "I already know the song."

"Minji," JYP said. "Why don't you sing them your parts? Kwangmin, you can try and see if you can rap it."

-----

"Thank you coming." They bowed to each other as JYP and Minji escorted Mr. Kim and Kwangmin out of the building.

"I look forward to the success of this collaboration." Mr. Kim and JYP shook hands.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Minji-ah." Kwangmin followed Mr. Kim to the car. He stopped and jogged back to Minji. He kissed her quickly on the cheek and ran back to the car.

She blushed and held her cheek.

JYP smirked but held back his urge to tease. "Do you like it here at JYPE?"

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"Do you want to renew your contract? Change that contract from two months to two years."

Excited, she didn't think twice before accepting.

"Let's go back to my office and do the paperwork."

Back at the office, JYP printed out the engilsh version of the two year contract. "If you're ready, you can just sign right here." He pointed to the solid line on the paper.

She hesitated. What about my parents? She thought. How am I supposed to convince them to let me stay?

"Are you okay, Minji-ah?"

But I love performing. "Huh? Yeah. I'm fine." She signed her name.

"Yay!" He clapped his hands. "Now that I know you won't leave me, can I ask you a personal question?"

"Um... I guess."

"Why aren't you and Kwangmin dating?"

"Because we're just friends."

He paused for a second before bursting out in laughter. "If you two were just friends, he wouldn't have kissed you earlier."

"It was only on the cheek!" She blushed at the thought.

"Then why are you blushing?"

She pouted. "I don't want any distractions."

He turned serious. "Distractions?"

"Yes. I'm worried that if I admit that I like him I'll start to slack off. I want to reach the top through my pure hardwork."

He nodded. "That's good that you have a goal for yourself. But don't you think it's kind of mean to ignore Kwangmin's feelings?"

"I guess..."

"If you reach your goal and win first place, would you date him?"

"As long as I maintain that first place, yeah, I would date him." She smiled.

"Then let's make this a bit easier for you." He offered. "Would it be easier to focus on your dream if I said that you couldn't date until you win first place at a music program? Would that keep you from being distracted?"

She nodded.

-----

"Hi, mom," Minji answered her phone.

"Hi, honey, how are you?" Her mom greeted happily.

"I'm doing great." She paused. "But mom..."

"What's wrong?"

"Um, what would you say if I told you that I want to stay here in Korea for two more years?"

She heard her mom gasp on the other end.

"It's. Um. For the medical program." She lied. "I was offered the opportunity to study here in Korea for two more years."

"Well." Her mom whispered. "As long as it's to follow your dream, I'm fine with it. But come back at the end of the summer so we can see you."

"Of course, mom."

"I love you, Minji. I'm so proud of you. You're living your dream. And I'm proud."

She sighed. "Thank you, mom."

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye."

----- June 20; 10pm -----

Kwangmin walked into the Boyfriend dorm, back from JYPE. The members were lying down on their beds, relaxing.

"Movie, it is." Donghyun stated.

"Yay!" Minwoo clapped his hands, happily.

Kwangmin climbed onto his bunk. "Movie?"

Minwoo sat up on his bed. "We don't have a schedule tomorrow so we're going to watch a movie!"

"What movie do you want to watch, Kwangie?" Youngmin asked cutely.

"I can't watch a movie with you guys tomorrow," Kwangmin closed his eyes and imagined going on a date to the movies with Minji.

"Why not?" Youngmin pouted.

"Collaboration rehearsals begin tomorrow."

"Already?" Donghyun jumped into the conversation.

"Yep. I'm going to be at JYPE all day. We're going to record, shoot the MV and learn the dance." Kwangmin bragged. "I'm excited."

"Excited about the collaboration or excited to spend the entire with Minji?" Jeongmin accused.

Kwangmin covered his blushed cheeks with a Pikachu pillow.

----- June 23 -----

"Wow, Minji-ah, you really are great at singing," Kwangmin pinched her cheeks as they walked out of the recording studio. He opened the door to the dance practice room for her as well.

"I'm not that great." She replied humbly.

"Welcome," JYP moonwalked across of the dance practice room over to Minji and Kwangmin. "How did the song recording go?"

"Really fun," Kwangmin answered quickly. "Minji is an amazing singer. I think I'll put this song as my alarm clock so it can wake me up every morning."

She blushed as she walked to the center of the room to stretch.

"After you two stretch, I'll teach you guys your dance." JYP instructed.

"Yes."

Kwangmin took a step towards you but JYP grabbed his arm, holding him back. "No playing around during dance practices," JYP warned.

"Oh, is there a strict policy about it?"

JYP indiscreetly pointed at Minji and whispered, "When it comes to dance practice, she gets really scary."

Kwangmin raised his eyebrows. "Minji? Scary? No way."

"Are we going to dance or are you two girls just going to whisper to each other all day?" She turned around and glared at them.

JYP and Kwangmin both jumped at her sudden seriousness.

JYP pushed Kwangmin towards her. "Go-go-o stand there. Let's warm up."

Kwangmin cautiously made his way to her.

"Hurry up and get over here!" She yelled. He ran next to her.

"Now, for your collaboration dance, it's going to be y to controdict the innocent song. Is that alright with you two?" JYP asked.

"Yes," She said bluntly.

"Y-yes," Kwangmin blushed at the thought of doing a y dance with Minji.

She sensed his nervousness and slapped his arm. "Say it like a man!"

"YES!"

JYP chuckled. "To warm up, you two know that dance to Trouble Maker, yes?" JYP played the song through the speakers. "Dance to it."

"Ottoke..." Kwangmin blushed.

She crossed her arms. "Jo Kwangmin! If you're not going to be serious about this, just leave."

He pouted. "Sorry."

----- June 24 -----

"Ow." Kwangmin grabbed his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Minji asked as she came out of her dressing room in a school uniform. They were at the photoshoot and their first outfit concept was 'High School Romance'.

Kwangmin blinked. "Pretty..."

"Hello, Kwangmin-ah?" She waved her hand in front of his face. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. My shoulder just really hurts from yesterday's dance rehearsal."

"Sorry." She looked down, guilty. "I shouldn't have punched you in the shoulder yesterday."

Kwangmin stuck his tongue out. "You're so bipolar. You were ready to tear me to pieces yesterday. Now, you're been the sweet Minji I know." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He sighed and stared into her eyes.

"Kwangmin-ah?"

"Minji..." He held her hands. "Will you go out with me?"

Her heart skipped a beat but she didn't show it. "Sure," she said bluntly.

"Really?" He smiled widely.

"Of course." She walked out of the photoshoot studio and closed the door behind her. She leaned her back on the door and sighed. I don't want to date, yet, Kwangmin-ah... Can't you wait a little longer? I want to win first place...

Kwangmin looked around, confused.

Minji poked her head back in. "Are you coming or what?"

"... Why did you walk out of the room?"

"You asked me to go out with you, right? Well, I'm OUT side of the room." She joked.

He face palmed himself.

She laughed and dragged him onto the photoshoot area.

"Wait," Kwangmin stopped a step away from the mat. "Are you as serious about photoshoots as you are about dancing?" There was fear in his voice.

She shook her head. "Don't worry, this is my first photoshoot. I want to have fun."

He sighed in relief.

After a few minutes of a brief explanation about the photoshoot process, it began.

After thirthy minutes, Minji was comfortable and posing like a natural. Although, the make up artists had to constantly apply foundation onto Kwangmin's cheeks. He couldn't stop blushing from all of the skinship.

The make up artists swarmed around him again. Kwangmin was obviously uncomfortable with his uncontrollable blushing cheeks.

She giggled. So cute...

"That's enough make up," the photographer called out. "I need his cheeks nice and red for this next scene." He walked onto the set and pushed Minji and Kwangmin closer together. He forced Kwangmin to grab Minji by the waist. "Minji, close your eyyes. And Kwangmin, I want you to kiss her right here." He pointed to her lips.

Kwangmin gasped, his cheeks redder than ever. "HUH?!

-----

"I don't see why you were so nervous at the photoshoot." Minji pointed out as she took another bite of her fish dinner. They were at a restaurant having dinner together like usual. "It was just for business."

Kwangmin chuckled. "I don't know why I acted all weird either."

"Well, you didn't kiss me so I duess it doesn't matter." She stabbed her fish in frustration.

He peered at her, curious. "Are you mad that I didn't kiss you?"

"What? Psh, no," She lied and couldn't look him in the eye.

"Minji-ah," he whispered. "I hope I can get a real answer from you this time..."

She knew what he was going to ask again so she quickly changed the topic. "For the comeback, I want to try a new hairstyle. Should I?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm trying to ask you something important, here."

She played with her fingers. "But this is important, too. Blonde, brown, or pink?"

"You already know that I'm going to tell you that you'd look great in any color," he remained serious. "Will you please listen to me?"

"If that was your important question, then my answer is yes. Yes, I'll listen to you." She retorted. "But, back to my hair. I kind of want to go with chestnut brown. Is it bad for my skin tone? I think I'm kind of dark for a Kore-"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He interrupted, slightly irritated.

She frowned. "Um... I'm going to have to say no."

He looked to the side and scoffed, angrily.

"It's not that I don't want to," she continued. "JYP just said that I'm not allowed to date."

"He said that you're not allowed to date until you get first place." He pointed out.

"Exactly. I haven't won any music programs yet so no dating for me." She shrugged and went back to eating her dinner. "This fish tastes really good."

"You don't like me, do you?" He asked quietly.

She swallowed her food slowly. "It's not that I don't like you..."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

She hesitated.

"I'll take that as a no." He got up and walked away.

 

A/N: Super short update >< I'm supposed to be off to bed... Oh well haha

While I'm at it, I'd like to promote my Smiley Unnie's first fanfiction: The Hottest Days of Summer

It's for you 2pm (Taecyeon and Nichkhun) fans out there :3 I thought it was relevant to promote a 2PM fanfic since Minji is a JYP artist lol ><

It's a story about a girl named Mika who happens to meet Taecyeon personally on a trip to Korea. Can this non Korean speaking girl find love with K-pop's hottest beastly idol?

My Smiley Unnie is a great rookie writer and someone who does better than me in AP Lang LOL <3 Please support her and welcome her to AFF with loving arms. Warning: the story is slightly y haha ;D

Also, please continue to support, comment, and subscribe to Starship's Summer Trainee!

~ Kii-chan <3