That's Impossible...

Starship's Summer Trainee

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Kwon Sara, the new trainee." Mr. Kim stepped aside and an extremely tall 17-year-old girl with messy hair and unwashed clothes ran into the room.

"Hello! I'm Kwon Sara!" She automatically looked at Kwangmin. "Kwangmin! I'm your number one fan! Love me!"

"Oh my gosh..." Kwangmin mumbled. Kwon Sara ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat. "Kwon Sara, control yourself."

"Sorry, sir." Sara let go of Kwangmin who gasped for air. "I love you, Kwangmin!" She skipped back to Mr. Kim.

Everyone grimaced, including Mr. Kim. He took a step away from Sara because she was stinky. "Like I said, this is our new trainee. "She's born in 1994. She'll be rooming with Lee Minji. Treat her with respect." He looked at the Boyfriend members. "Boyfriend, come by my office tonight." He turned to Minji. "Lee Minji, I hope you're resting well. I'll leave Sara in your care."

As soon as Mr. Kim left, Sara went back to hugging Kwangmin. Minji couldn't hold in your jealousy any longer. "I should go and study, now." She laughed awkwardly and walked out of the room.

"See you later, Minji-ah." The other members said.

Sara held Kwangmin's hand and pulled him to the foor. "Kwangmin-ah, let's go study, too."

Kwangmin couldn't free himself from Sara's strong grip. "Study what?!"

She turned to him and winked. "You know what."

"Help!" Kwangmin looked at his fellow members. They just waved at him as Sara dragged him along. Sara and Kwangmin left.

"Is it just me or did Minji look mad when Sara was hugging Kwangmin?" Hyunseong asked, curious.

Donghyun thought for a second. "You're right. And she left to go study, too."

"She probably likes him." Youngmin smiled. "My little brother is growing up."

"I hope they date." Jeongmin said.

Donghyun shook his head. "They're cute together but the band is a little more important right now."

"But what about Kwangmin's happiness?" Youngmin asked.

Donghyun just shook his head.

"Are you okay, Minwoo?" Jeongmin tapped Minwoo's shoulders.

Minwoo was staring at the door with a disgusted look on his face. "Kwon Sara..."

Donghyun laughed. "She's a noona. I thought you liked noonas."

Minwoo pretended to barf. "Minji-ah's a million times better than Kwon Sara."

~~~~~

Minji walked back to her room. "Why am I so upset?" She asked herself while she pulled out her textbooks. "It's not like Kwangmin's my boyfriend."

She sighed and began taking notes. "Wait." She stopped writing. "Do I like Kwangmin? No, can't be..." She remembered the boat ride at Lotte World last week.

*"I like you," Kwangmin said. Without hesitation, Minji replied, "I like you, too." Kwangmin smiled widely, "Really?!" She nodded, "Of course. You're a great friend. Let's continue to be close friends."*

Minji gasped at the memory. "Did he confess to me?!" she started imagining Kwangmin as her boyfriend. When she caught herself smiling at the thoughts, she pinched her cheeks. "No. He's just a friend. This dream of becoming a singer is way too important for. He's just a friend, Minji, he's just a friend." She chanted and continued taking notes on her science textbook. "But it wouldn't hurt to ask him if he really does like me..."

----- 12:10pm -----

I wonder where Kwangmin is, Minji thought as she finished up her last sentence. We usually eat lunch together... "Maybe he's in the dorms."

She poked her head into Boyfriend's room. Donghyun was half- listening to music on the floor. She covered her eyes.

"Ah! Minji-ah!" Donghyun quickly put his shirt on. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just looking for Kwangmin," she said with her eyes still closed.

"Kwon Sara has been dragging him around all day. They're probably eating lunch."

"Oh," She lowered her head, sad.

"Don't worry," Donghyun patted her head. "You're the only girl Kwangmin thinks about."

"Huh?" She didn't understand because he spoke to quickly.

"Nothing." Donghyun stuck his tongue out. "Want to grab lunch? I'm really hungry."

She nodded. "Sure."

They walked to a nearby sushi restaurant. "Wow!" she gazed at the shiny conveyor belt.

"Have you ever been to a sushi place like this in America?" Donghyun asked as they took their seats.

"I have, but they were never this fancy."

Donghyun watched as Minji stared at the passing sushi plates with child-like amazement. "You can just take whatever you want," he laughed when she just continued to stare at the food.

"I can't choose."

He smiled, took a crab roll plate and placed it in front of her. She just stared at it. "You don't like crab?" He asked.

"I love crab. But it looks so well made. I feel bad for eating something so pretty."

-

Donghyun's heart skipped a beat. This girl is so pure, he thought. No, bad, Donghyun. Minji is Kwangmin's girl. He smacked his head.

-

"What are you doing?" Minji was surprised when Donghyun suddenly hit himself.

"Uh. I just felt a headache coming along so I had to slap it away." He stuttered. "Eat."

She shook her head. "It's too pretty."

He opened his chopsticks and fed the sushi to her. He blushed when he realized what he was doing.

She hesitated before eating the sushi he was offering. "Mmmm! It tastes really good!"

The rest of the meal was filled with laughter and random, care free topics. The walk back to the Starship building dorms was the same.

"I have thirty minutes before singing lessons." Donghyun pointed out as they reached the doors to their rooms. "Do you want to do anything else?"

"Do you think Kwangmin is back?" She asked. Donghyun was upset at the mention of Kwangmin's name.

"I'll check," he said bitterly before looking into his dorm. It was empty. "No one's in the room. We should go somewhere else before my lessons." He persisted. "There's a nice little bakery down the street."

She smiled softly. "It's okay. I should go back to studying. Thanks for today, Donghyun." She bowed and opened the door to her room. "Oh, wait, Donghyun."

"Yes?" He smiled.

"If Kwangmin comes back, can you tell him to come to my room? I need to talk to him about something."

-

He frowned. "Sure." Kwangmin, you lucky head, he thought as he went into his room.

----- 5pm -----

Minji closed her textbooks and took off her glasses. "Kwangmin's not back yet?" She sighed and got up to stretch. "I should take a walk and get some fresh air." She kept thinking about Kwangmin. "I guess Kwangmin's really busy keeping Sara entertained..." She put on her shoes. "As long as he's having fun, then I'm happy for him. Anyways, he's just a friend, right?"

~~~~~ In the hallway ~~~~~

"I didn't have fun. At all." Kwangmin was grumpy because Sara dragged him all over town. He was tired and wanted to be with Minji.

"I had fun!" Sara smiled and kissed his cheeks. "Thank you, Oppa!"

"Ew, gross!" He rubbed his cheeks. "First of all, I'm not your oppa. Second, you're not welcome." He rushed into his room.

"Bye, Oppa! I had fun today!"

Kwangmin slammed the door closed which woke Donghyun up from his nap.

"Had fun?" Donghyun stretched.

"No!" Kwangmin yelled. "That girl is crazy! I wish I was with Minji-ah instead."

"That reminds me! Minji told me to send you to her room when you come back. She wants to talk to you about something."

"I wonder what." Kwangmin opened the door. "Thanks for telling me, hyung."

"Kwangmin-ah?"

"Yes?"

Donghyun faked a smile. "She's a great girl. You better take care of her well."

Kwangmin nodded. "I promise I will." He walked next door.

Donghyun sighed. "Kwangmin's lucky he has a hyung like me that puts his happiness over my own..."

~

Kwangmin was about to go inside Minji room like usual when he remembered that Sara now rooms with her. He paced back and forth, thinking of a plan to talk to Minji without having to see Sara again.

~~~~~

"Bye, Oppa! I had fun today!" Sara skipped into the shared room.

Minji was tying her shoelaces. "Was that Kwangmin?"

"Mhm." Sara smiled. "We had a great date."

Minji was jealous. "Sounds like fun."

"Yep. Kwangmin is such a great boyfriend."

Minji looked up. "Boyfriend?"

"Yes, I think I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend."

Minji sighed at the thought of Kwangmin having a girlfriend. "Good luck with that." She frowned as she walked out of the room. "Kwangmin?"

Kwangmin stopped pacing back and forth. "Oh! Hi, Minji-ah. Sorry about today. I know we usually hang out during my free time but Sara forced me to stay with her. She's scary."

Minji laughed, shefelt happy seeing Kwangmin. "It's alright. I ate lunch with Donghyun, today."

Kwangmin pouted. "You didn't want to eat with me?"

"You were with Sara. And I didn't want to be alone." She felt guilty because Kwangmin looked so sad. "Sorry."

"It's okay," he hugged her and she blushed. "Donghyun-hyung said that you wanted to talk to me about something?"

She frowned because she no longer had the confidence to ask if he liked her as more than a friend. "Oh, nothing. I'm going to take a walk so I'll see you later." She left.

-

Kwangmin shrugged. Donghyun walked out of the dorm. "Kwangmin-ah, let's go to Mr. Kim's office."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about the meeting." Kwangmin followed Donghyun. "I wonder what he needs to tell us."

-----

"Are we in trouble, sir?" Hyunseong asked Mr. Kim politely. All of the members were nervous. They didn't know why he wanted to see them.

"No, you guys are fine. It's about Lee Minji." Mr. Kim sighed. "One of her instructors complained that she lacked talent. So they did the justice to look into it and showed that we awarded the wrong winner for this Summer program. The actual winner is Kwon Sara, the new dance instructor's niece."

"What?!" The members gasped.

Kwangmin shook his head. "No, that can't be."

"Apparentally, it's true." Mr. Kim said in disbelief. "I'm going to look into it myself because I don't believe it either. Until then, just make sure Minji stays out of trouble, okay?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, I have a meeting right now." Mr. Kim stood up and left Boyfriend in his office.

"That's impossible..." Jeongmin said. "I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, right?"

"Yeah, that's probably it." Youngmin agreed.

Ms. Kwon walked into the office. She placed a camera onto the desk. "Boyfriend, she's the wrong girl. Get rid of Lee Minji." She left the room swiftly.

Taped onto the camera was a note that said 'Lee Minji's dance practice'. Boyfriend huddled around and played the video. It was filmed in such a way that the face and most of the body was blurred.

"Ugh, she's horrible at dancing!" Minwoo closed his eyes. "Turn it off, I can't watch it anymore!"

Ms. Kwon frowned outside of the office. "I'm sorry, Minji-ah..." The video the Boyfriend members were watching was Kwon Sara's dance practice video. In Ms. Kwon's pocket was the camera with Minji's real (amazing) dance practice video. "The things I do for my family..."