A Week

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- June 15; 4a.m. -----

"Good morning, mom." Minji called her mom.

"Hi, honey. Is everything alright?" Her mom worriedly asked.

"I'm fine mom, I just called to say that I love you."

"I love you, too, honey."

"Mom?"

"Yes, Minji-ah?"

"You'll support me no matter what, right? When it comes to my future?"

"Of course. Why would you think I wouldn't support you? I only think about your future and what would be best for you."

"Is that why you want me to become a doctor and not a performer?"

"Honey... Being a performer is unstable. You may be popular one day but the next day, nobody will remember your name. Once you grow up and have your own family, you'll understand how important being financially stable is."

She sighed. "Ok. I love you, mom. Bye." The call ended. "I'm sorry... I don't care how financially unstable it is... I wish you could see how much I love it here."

~~~~~

The day went by quickly and Minji was already getting ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day with singing, dancing, and interview training jammed into 24 hours. They were all fun and she liked her instructors. For lunch and dinner today, she ate out with all of the 2PM and Miss A members. She loved the fun-loving family feel of JYP entertainment and also loved how JYP spoiled her and called her 'Princess Minji'.

She jumped onto her bed and surfed the internet (on the pink iPad JYP bought you as a welcome gift) for a couple of hours. She stumbled onto Boyfriend's MVs and replayed each of them multple times. "Kwangmin-ah..." She caught herself smiling at Kwangmin's scenes. Suddenly, she missed him.

She looked at the ring he gave her.

She then spent the next few hours watching videos of Kwangmin.

----- June 16; 1am -----

She couldn't sleep so she got out of bed and walked to the 2nd floor dance practice room. She self-taught yourself all of Boyfriend's dances quickly.

"Can't sleep, Princess?" JYP walked into the room.

She shook her head.

"So how do you like it here at JYP Entertainment?" They sat on the floor.

"I love it here." She wiped her sweat. "Everyone is so nice to me."

"That's good to hear. Everyone says they like you."

She smiled.

"I see you were dancing to Staship's Boyfriend. Are you a fan?"

"Yes." She blurted out.

"Do you have a bias?"

"Kwangmin-ah," she also blurted out.

JYP nodded in approval. "He raps, right? Maybe we could collarborate with them in the future. For your debut, I want you to go with an innocent image."

"Debut?"

JYP smiled. "Your instructors have given you superior ratings and have all agreed that you are ready to debut as a solo artist."

"A solo artist?! Already?!"

"Yes, ma'am," he joked. "Mrs. Kang already wrote your debut song. She's an amazing composer."

She pinched her own cheeks. "I must be dreaming. This is too good to be true."

JYP stood up." I want you to debut as JYP's new pop Princess in a week or so."

"A week?!" She jumped up, excited.

"A week!" JYP clapped his hands. "Now, let's make a teaser video for your debut. You're going to be a great idol, Princess."

----- June 16 -----

In the video, Minji bowed to the camera. "Hello, I'm Lee Minji. JYP Entertainment's newest Princess." She said in her adorable American accent.

The news turned back to the anchorman. "Lee Minji. Let's see what JYP has in store for his cute Princess. Join us again for the 6PM news. Bye." The anchorman bowed.

"Oh, no..." Donghyun dropped his jaw.

Minwoo snapped his fingers. "Darn, not a noona."

~~~~~

Mr. Kim turned off the t.v. "Jinyoung sure knows how to find talent."

Kwangmin stared at the black screen. "What are we going to do now, sir?"

"We can't do anything." Mr. Kim sighed. "Our loss is another man's gain. It's alright, though. Jinyoung will take care of Minji. She did seemed happy in the video."

Kwangmin nodded.

"Maybe I can request for collaboration with you and Minji. Would you like that?" Mr. Kim suggested.

"I'd love that."

----- 9PM -----

"Hey, you've reached Minji. I'm sorry I can't answer my phone right now b-" Kwangmin shut his phone. He's been calling and texting Minji all day but she still hasn't replied.

~~~~~

"Good work, Minji." JYP patted her on the back.

"Thank you, sir." She fell onto the ground, exhausted. She had just spent ten hours working on her debut song and dance.

"You've already recorded the song and mastered the dance. Are you sure you don't want to debut tomorrow? I think you're ready."

"Nooooo," She whined. "I want to sleep in tomorrow. I can't even move my legs."

He laughed. "Ok. Go ahead and sleep in tomorrow, you deserve it." He got up and left.

She was so exhausted that she crawled up the stairs on all fours.

----- 11PM -----

*Ring ring ring* Her phone woke her up from her short nap. Her arm ached as she reached for her phone. "Hello?"

"Minji-ah!" Kwangmin yelled on the other line. "I've been trying to reach you all day!"

"Sorry, Kwangmin-ah, I had training all day."

"Are you busy?"

"I was just sleeping. Why?"

"Meet me at the bakery shop by the Starship building."

"But I'm tired..." He hung up. She lazily changed her clothes and put on the glasses she hasn't worn for three days.

"Minji-ah!" Wooyoung walked up to her in the lobby. "Going somewhere? Oh, wow, nice glasses."

"Thanks. I'm going to meet a friend."

"At 11:30 at night? Where are you going to meet her?"

"It's a him," she corrected. "At the bakery near Starship."

"That's, like, a thirty minute walk from here." He shook his head in disapproval. "I'll go with you."

"No, you don't have to walk with me; I can go by myself."

Wooyoung smirked. "Who said we were walking?"

~~~~~

"This is yours?" Minji stared at the shiny red motorcycle parked infront of her.

Wooyoung nodded. "I got it from JYP for my birthday. You like it?"

"It's so new and shiny." She made funny faces at her reflection on the motorcycle's surface.

He laughed. "Come here." He placed a helmet on her head. "Safety first."

She adjusted the helmet. "Does this look weird on me?"

He shook his head and put on his own helmet. "You look cute."

- Red light -

"We're almost there," Wooyoung shouted over his shoulder. "By the way, who are you meeting?"

"Jo Kwangmin," Minji shouted back.

"From Boyfriend? I knew him since he was little."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he used to be a JYPE trainee. Him and his brother."

"Wow."

- Green light -

Wooyoung held the door to the bakery open for Minji.

"Minji-ah!" Kwangmin waved her over to a table.

She instantly smiled, it felt as if she hadn't seen him for years.

"Long time no see," Kwangmin hugged her. Once he let you go, he shook Wooyoung's hand. "Hey, hyung, I haven't seen you in a while either."

Wooyoung look at Minji and Kwangmin who were standing extremely close to each other as if there was a gravitational pull between the two of them. "Are you two dating?"

Minji and Kwangmin looked at each other. "No, we're just friends."

"Thanks for taking me here," She thanked Wooyoung, pushing him towards the door.

"No problem. Call when you're done okay?"

"It's okay, I can walk by myself."

"No," he said firmly. "JYP's gonna hurt me if something happens to you before you're debut next week." Kwangmin quickly looked at Minji. "Call me okay?" Wooyoung insisted.

"Ok, thank you."

Wooyoung smiled before he left.

Minji and Kwangmin took a seat. "So what's this about a debut next week?"