We Got Married: The Best Day Ever

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- A week earlier -----

"Hmm... My ideal date would be to go to Namsan to do those cute tower locks." Minji mentioned in a random interview.

"Beach. I want to go to the beach and walk along the shower line holding hands." Kwangmin answered in a different random interview.

----- July 1 -----

"I'm not going! Stop it! You can't make me!" Minji screamed at JYP.

"Please, just this once," He plead.

"Not until you tell me why we're at the beach." He tried to push her out of the car but she held onto the steering wheel.

"I'll buy you an iPhone," he bribed her, pushing you again.

She anchored her feet. "I don't need an iPhone."

He slumped in his seat, thinking up another bribe. "Oh, I know, I'll let you spend an entire day with Kwangmin. You can go to Namsan Towers and make those love locks like you've always wanted."

"Really?" She smiled.

As soon as she unhooked her feet, JYP opened the car door and shoved her out. She fell on her as he shut the door and locked it. "Yes. That day is today. Have fun!" He drove off.

"Wait!" She ran after the car when she realized that she left her purse, with her money and cell phone, in the car. JYP burned rubber as he zoomed away. She gave up and walked down the beach path, mumbling away her anger towards JYP. A cameraman with a camera that had a 'We Got Married' logo walked up to yher. "Hello," she bowed at the camera.

- Minji's interview -

"Hi, I'm Minji Lee, JYP's K-pop Princess." She bowed at the camera.

Question: What was your first thought when you saw the WGM camera man?

"The first thing I thought was 'Aren't I too young to have a husband?'"

-

"I guess I'm a newly wedded wife for today, huh?" Minji said to the camera. "I think I'm too young to be a wife. Not unless you're my husband. Are you my husband?" She asked cutely to the camera. "Ahjusshi, who's my husband?" The cameraman didn't reply. Instead, he started walking down the path to the beach picnic tables. She skipped happily after him.

At a particular picnic bench under a tree was a boy dancing feminenly to her debut song with his back facing her.

She giggled and tiptoed to a chair directly behind the boy who contined to dance passionately. The cameraman hid himself behind a nearby bush. When the song ended, she clapped loudly and cheered.

"Oh!" Kwangmin spun around and ran behind the tree, embarrassed.

- Kwangmin's Interview -

"Ah, that was so embarrassing!" Kwangmin hid his face.

Q: What was your reaction when you found out that Minji was going to be your wife?

"Hmm. I was happy. She's my best friend and we're really close so I thought that it would be cool to get the chance to act like a couple in front of the camera with her."

Q: Is Minji your ideal type?

"Yes!"

-

Minji walked around the tree to Kwangmin. "Don't be shy. You're a good dancer. I liked it."

Kwangmin laughed nervously. "Minji-ah, what are you doing here?"

She pointed to the sign on the tree that said 'Honey~ We Got Married~' "What are YOU doing here?"

He beamed at her. "WGM?! You're here for WGM?! Me too!" He kissed her but she pushed him away when the cameraman came out of the bush. "Looks like we're married now!" Kwangmin danced around her.

"Hubby, you're so weird," She laughed.

"Hubby?" Kwangmin blushed. "I like the sound of that."

-----

"Tada!" Minji walked out of the girl's bathroom and up to Kwangmin who only wore swim shorts, waiting for her to change. "Do you like my swim suit?" She spun around and modeled her cute pink bikini for Kwangmin.

Her looked at her with wide eyes. He opened his bag and handed her his extra t shirt. "You're not wearing that."

- Kwangmin's interview -

Q: Why did you make her wear your shirt?

"When I look at Minji, I see innocence. So whenever she wears something short or revealing, I feel like I have to protect that innocence."

-

She threw his shirt back in his face. "Why not?"

- Minji's Interview -

Minji = fuming with rage

-

He tossed it back to her. "It's too revealing. You're only 16! You can't show that much skin in public!"

She crossed her arms. "But you're shirtless and I'm not scolding you."

He smiled and forced her to wear his shirt.

"I haven't worn a bikini before," she whined. She took off his shirt. "You can't tell me what to do."

He frowned.

"Come on, oppa." She grabbed his hand. "Let me wear it. Please?"

"All of the boys the beach are going to stare at you."

"Then tell them not to stare."

He chuckled. "Fine. You can wear it." He hugged her tightly. "As long you always stay by my side."

She blushed. "We can't walk to the beach if you keep huging me like this."

"Yeah we can." He walked sideways, still hugging her.

"Ah, you're so weird!" She giggled, pushed him away, and ran to the beach.

"Come back here!" He ran after her. (The cameraman ran after him.)

Minji ran backwards on the sand and stuck her tongue out at Kwangmin. "You can't catch me!" Taking it as a challenge, he sped up to her. Startled, she tripped on a sand castle and fell onto her back. He smiled and carried her to the water. "Wah! Let go of me!" She struggled out of his grip.

"Come on, let's swim around." He pulled her farther from the shore. He dove and rode the waves.

"Kwa! Ngmin! I can't!" She struggled from his grasp.

When Kwangmin turned around, Minji was gasping for air as her head kept going under water. Worried, he swam quickly back to shore. As soon as they got back to shore, she fell onto the sand and coughed up water. He patted her back, feeling guitly. "You can't swim?"

"No, I totally can swim, that's why I almost drowned!" She said sarcastically. "You're a horrible husband!" She smacked him.

"Sorry, sorry." He wiped water off of her face with his hand. "Let's stay on shore and build some sand castles."

"You better not find a way to drown me in sand, too."

- Minji's Interview -

Q: He almost drowned you!

"Yeah, but on the bright side, I know I'll never forget this day. The day my husband almost drowned me."

-

- Kwangmin's Interview -

He bowed to the camera. "I'm truly sorry, Minji-ah. I didn't know you couldn't swim. I spent the rest of our time at the beach thinking about what I did. I promise that from now on, I will never do anything else to hurt you. Please don't divorce me."

-

-----

"Waaaah!" Minji gasped at the view from the cable car. After the beach, she and Kwangmin changed into the date outfits the WGM crew packed for them. Kwangmin was wearing a dark blue collared shirt with a black jacket and she was wearing a matching dark blue dress. Just like at Minji's debut party."This is so cool!"

Kwangmin hugged Minji from the back. She blushed. After a minute, she pointed in the distance. "Look! You can see the sun setting beind the mountains!"

"I love you," he whispered in her ear, soft enough so that the camera couldn't pick it up.

- Kwangmin's Interview -

Q: What did you say to Minji?

Kwangmin placed his finger to his lips. "It's a secret."

-

She turned around and blinked at him, surprised that he said it with the camera staring at them. He gave her a soft smile, his way of saying 'I don't care who's here, I mean it'. She looked down, blushing. He cleared his throat. "So, do you know why we came here?"

She stared at the sun set. "I've always wanted to hang a lock with someone I truly care about."

"You're so corny."

The cable car reached the top and she walked out of it. "Well, I guess I won't be hanging a lock tonight!" She stomped away from Kwangmin.

Kwangmin turned to the cameraman. "Did I say something wrong?" The cameraman moved the camera up and down to immitate a nod. "Wait, Minji-ah," Kwangmin caught up to her. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

She continued to walk down the path to the observatory.

"Don't be mad." He put his arm on her shoulders and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed. "Are you still mad at me?"

"No..." She said quietly.

He held her hand. "Come on, let's buy the biggest lock they have and hang it where everyone will see."

"Ah, I don't have my wallet. JYP kind of drove off with it this morning."

"Don't worry, I'll pay." He winked. Kwangmin and Minji walked hand in hand to the lock shop. "This looks cool." He held up a huge lock in the shape of doodoo.

"Ew! What do you want people to think about our marriage? That it was crap?" She joked.

"You're right," he laughed. "How about this one?" He held up one shaped in a heart.

"Mmmm. That's too cliche." She continued to look around.

The shop owner came out and showed them to a glass counter. "We have limited edition Pokemon locks on sale." The owner showed them the Pikachu edition.

Minji and Kwangmin looked at each other. "Perfect." After buying the lock, they wrote their names on the lock and hung it onto the fence.

"What should we do now?" She asked when they sat down on a table.

"Let's talk." He suggested. "I've always wanted to know: Why did you choose me?"

"Well..." She played with her fingers. "You're just. Perfect. I've already said it a million times that you've always been there for me. You're my best friend and you will always be number one in my heart. No matter what we do, whether we go to the beach or just talking like this, you always make me feel special."

His heart skipped a beat. "Wait here. I have to use the bathroom." He ran away with the cameraman, leaving her alone and dumbfounded.

He ran around the Namsan Tower shops until he found a cake shop. He bought a small cake in the shape of a heart. After buying the cake, he  got pen and paper and wrote a letter for her.

- Kwangmin's Interview -

"Minji-ah is my best friend. After she told me that I always make her feel special, I felt the urge to make her feel even more special. I wanted this day to be more memorable than anything else."

-

He ran back to her who was looking around, bored. "Sorry, I had to take a dump."

She laughed. "I didn't need to know that. Can we go now? I'm getting kind of chilly." She rubbed her arms.

He got up and placed his jacket around her shoulders. "Not yet, I have a surprise." He covered her eyes. A waiter came in with the cake and letter and placed it on the table. Kwangmin uncovered her eyes. "Tada."

"I-is this for me?"

"Mhm. For you, my wife." Minji grabbed some whip cream from the cake with her finger and wiped it on Kwangmin's nose. Kwangmin laughed and took out the letter he wrote. "I also wrote this letter for you. You don't have to read it out loud."

- Kwangmin's Interview -

Q: What did the letter say?

Kwangmin read off his letter. "It says: To my special girl. You say that I make you feel special but really, you're the one making me feel special. Just like you said, I also remember everything we do. We always have fun when we're together and I'm happy that I got to call you my wife for the day. Because I'm a guy and I can't put thoughts into action, I thought I should write you this letter instead. I'll always be there for you. I promise. I may be weird. I may act strange. And I might have almost drowned you earlier today. But that doesn't hide the fact that you're still with me. I love you, Minji-ah." Kwangmin smirked at the camera. "I'm going to stop there. The rest of the letter is confediential."

-

In the middle of reading the letter, Minji started crying. Kwangmin was surprised that she was crying so he patted her on the back.

- Minji's Interview -

Q: Why did you cry?

"I was just really touched. No one has never done anything like that for me. I was really touched."

-

"Don't cry," Kwangmin said as he patted Minji on the back.

"Thank you for everything, Kwangmin-ah." She hugged him.

He hugged her back. "Anytime. So are you going to eat the cake or can I eat it for you?"

- Minji's Interview -

"Today was the best day ever. It felt as if my heart bursted into a million piece and Kwangmin glued them all back together again. He tends to do that. Whenever I feel happy, he finds a way to make me even happier than I've ever been."

Q: Do you have a message for Kwangmin?

"Kwangmin-ah. I don't know how many times I've told you but thank you. Thank you so much. And." She shyly smiled. "I love, Kwangmin-ah. You're the best."

-

- Kwangmin's Interview -

"Ah, I can't believe I wrote her such a corny letter." He hid his face in his hands. "I've never written a letter for a girl before. Ahhh."

Q: Do you have anything else to say to Minji?

"Minji-ah, I love you!" Kwangmin made a heart with his hand.

-

"It's not a party with out all of Boyfriend!" Donghyun interrupted Minji and Kwangmin's moment. He grabbed a seat from another table and sat next to Kwangmin.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Kwangmin asked as Youngmin, Minwoo, Jeongmin, and Hyunseon took seats and sat at the table.

"This cake looks great!" Jeongmin grabbed whipped cream with his finger and it.

"Hey! That's for Minji!" Kwangmin whined.

Minji held Kwangmin's hand and smiled with tears still in her eyes.

"Kwangmin! Why is Minji crying? What did you do to her?" Minwoo punched Kwangmin on the arm.

 

A/N: Hope it was cutesy enough for you :3 I based Namsan Towers off of SHINee's Yunhanam reality show. When Minho took the noona to Namsan Towers. I couldn't come up with "original" WGM ideas. ~ Kii-chan <3