Dunno

Starship's Summer Trainee

~ July 21 ~

Kwangmin: I can't believe Ms. Kwon exposed Sara! Did you see the look on her face when that interviewer showed up with the tape??

Minji: Haha, her jaw dropped so low. But I kind of feel bad. She lost her career and she'll never be able to step on stage ever again :(

K: Don't feel bad! That girl almost killed you! >:(

M: But still...

K: NO. Don't you dare feel bad for her.

M: Ok -.-

K: Sorry, I didn't mean to be mean. It's just, she hurt you so much and I don't like it.

M: Thanks for worrying about me ^^

K: Promise not to bring up Kwon Sara ever again?

M: Promise~

"Kwangmin, put away your phone. We're in the middle of dance practice." Donghyun scolded Kwangmin.

"Ok." Kwangmin stood up but continued to text you.

K: Sooo whatcha doin now?

M: Relaxing. I have the next week off while I recover :O

K: That's good :) Hope you get well soon~

M: Thanks :] So what're you doin?

K: Practicing.

M: Oh! Sorry for bothering you! >< Practice hard~ Fighting~ <3

K: No no. We're not doing anything right now :3

"Kwangmin!" Donghyun yelled. "You've been texting all dance practice! Can you PLEASE put the phone away?"

Kwangmin pouted and placed the phone in his pocket. But then, the phone vibrated and he took it out instantly. Irritated, Donghyun snatched the phone away from Kwangmin. "From Minji. Not doing anything right now? I bet Donghyun is scolding you for not paying attention." Donghyun stuck out his tongue like in the text. "You've got a smart girlfriend." He mocked. He took out the batteries from the cell phone and placed it into his pocket. "No Minji until after dancing and singing lessons."

Kwangmin pouted.

After group singing lessons, Donghyun handed Kwangmin back his cell phone battery. Kwangmin quickly inserted the battery and turned his phone on.

"So what do you boys want to eat diner tonight?" Donghyun asked the members.

"Sushi."

"BBQ."

"Jajamyun."

"Ice cream!" Everyone looked at Minwoo. He shrugged. "I want ice cream."

Donghyun thought for a moment. "Why don't we make a sweep around the district for food and eat at the dorms?"

"Sounds good," Hyunseong grabbed his jacket and everyone but Kwangmin walked out of the building and towards the shopping district.

"Where are you going, Kwangie?" Youngmin asked when Kwangmin started walking in the other direction. "Food is this way."

Kwangmin pointed in the direction he was headed. "The JYPE building is this way. I'm gonna eat dinner with Minji-ah tonight. I'll catch you guys back at the dorms." Kwangmin waved and walked away."

Donghyun shook his head. "I need to talk to Kwangmin about his priorities. The band needs to be the most important, not Minji."

"Come on, hyung," Jeongmin patted Donghyun on the shoulders. "Kwangmin almost lost Minji two days ago. Of course he wants to spend a lot of time with her."

Donghyun pressed his temples as if he had a headache. "Ok, ok. Let's just eat now. I'm hungry."

"Ice cream!" Minwoo ran dowd the street and yelled.

~~~~~

"Good evening, Mr. Jo." The JYPE front desk lady greeted him as he walked through the doors. "Ms. Lee requests for you to go up to her room."

"Thank you." Kwangmin entered the elevator and rode up Minji's luxurious floor. "Minji-ah?" He called out.

"BOO!" She jumped up from behind her couch.

Kwangmin jumped.

Minji laughed. "Thanks for coming, Kwangmin-ah."

"Anything for you." He kissed you. "So where do you want to eat?"

"I'm actually not supposed to leave the building without JYP or his assistants so I was thinking that we should just eat in my room."

"Perfect." He kissed her on the nose.

"I ordered some food so it should arrive soon." They sat at her little table. "Kwangmin-ah, can you pass me the remote by your foot?"

He gave her the remote. She pressed a combination of numbers on the remote and an enormous flat screen tv emerged from the ceiling and onto the wall infront of them.

"Woah." His jaw dropped. "Nice tv. Is it new?" He stood up and extended his arms to compare the length of the screen. "It's longer than my arms!"

"Your arms aren't that long, anyways." She teased.

"What?"

"Nothing." She giggled.

He eyed her and grabbed the device on the shelf next to the tv. He started pressing buttons, trying to turn on the tv.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"Trying to turn on the tv." He pressed a button that made the device's screen light up.

"That's not the remote." She laughed. "That's my old cell phone." She took it from him. "Wow, I haven't turned this thing on since JYP bought me my nwe Korean cell phone a couple of weeks ago."

"Wait," Kwangmin stopped searching for the real remote. "You got a new phone, a new number, and you haven't your old phone since you got the new one?"

She picked up the tv remote and the tv for Kwangmin. "Yeah, why?"

"When was the last time you called your mom?"

Her heart felt like it dropped ten stories and got run over by a dump truck. A million times. Once her old phone finished turning on, she exited the notification that she had twenty voicemails and countless missed calls. She called her mom.

"Hello?" Her dad picked up the phone.

"Hi Dad. I'm so sorry that I haven't called you in a long time." She apologized, bracing herself for the scoldings.

"It's okay, sweetie. Glad you called us. Here's your mom."

Her mom's voice filled up the other end. "Hi, Minji-ah."

"Hi Mom. I'm so sorry for not calling you. It's been super busy at the hospital and I got caught up in the fun that I forgot to turn on my phone." Kwangmin didn't understand English but if he did, he would've shook his head at Minji's lie.

"I understand." Minji's mom started crying. "Just promise me to always stay safe and healthy. Eat at least three meals a day, never skip; don't push your body too hard; get plenty of sleep; and stay away from pools, okay?" Minji could barely understand her through her sobs.

"Don't worry, Mom. I've been eating very well and I haven't been to a pool the entire summer."

"Okay." Her mom calmed down. "And Minji-ah?"

"Yes, Mom?"

"Never forget that you are Lee Minji. You're smart, talented, and beautiful. If someone approaches you and tells you you're not perfect, don't back down. You need to show them just how amazing you are. Don't bring yourself down to her level because your manners are part of your charm. And whatever is yours, is yours. If someone steals it, fight back."

Minji started crying. After the tough times Sara made her go through, if she heard her mom say those reassuring words, she would've handled the situation better. She smiled at the fact that her mom always knew just what to say. "I won't forget it, Mom. Thank you."

"You're going to have a wonderful future, sweetie. You will have a great career, you have wonderful co workers that care about you, and you share your talents with those who need you. Just remember to call at least once a week."

"I will."

"Don't forget to come home at the end of this month."

"I won't forget. The tickets are strapped to my textbooks. I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you, too. Call me again later. You must be busy."

"I'll call you tomorrow. I love you, Mom."

"Love you, too, sweetie. Bye." Minji's mom hung up. "She lied to me." Minji's mom said to Minji's dad.

Minji's dad wiped away her tears. "She's only a teenager. She'll lie, cheat, and do stupid stuff. But she's still our daughter. And we'll always be her number one fans."

 

"Minji-ah, why are you crying?" She curled up next to Kwangmin on the couch and wiped away jer tears.

"I just really miss my parents." She mumbled into his shirt.

"Were they mad that you didn't call?"

"Surprisingly, they weren't mad at all. Usually, they'd think of a way to ground me through the phone." She furrowed her eyebrows. "And that's not the weirdest part. It felt like my mom knew that I was going through a hard time. It's like she knows what I'm up to."

He placed his arm around her shoulders. "She's your mom. She knows how you feel even if she doesn't know why you feel like that."

"You're right." She wiped away her last tear. "I hope I will be a great mother that understands her children and loves them even if they go against my expectations."

"You're going to be a great mother," he said. "And I can be a great father." He smiled innocently.

"Turn up the tv volume before things get really awkward between us," she demanded.

He laughed and did as she said.

-----

The Boyfriend members returned to their dorms after getting dinner.

"Sushi!" Youngmin opened up his package of spicy ahi.

"BBQ chicken!" Hyunseong cheered.

"Jajamyun~" Jeongmin smiled widely.

"ICE CREAM!" Minwoo his ice cream.

Donghyun ruffled Minwoo's hair. "Eat some of my plate dinner after your finish that ice cream so you don't get hungry in the middle of the night."

Minwoo nodded.

"I wonder when Kwangie is coming back. It's past curfew." Youngmin said, worried.

"Oh, that reminds me." Donghyun stood up and put his shoes back on.

"Where are you going?" Jeongmin asked with his mouth stuffed with noodles.

"Somewhere. Just eat your dinner and I'll be back soon." Donghyun went to Mr. Kim's office. "Sir, I want to talk to you about Kwangmin's recent behavior."

"What about?" Mr. Kim placed his pencil down and looked at Donghyun.

"He's been distracted lately with Minji. He's been texting ehr during dance class; calling her during team bonding time; and hasn't been focusing lately. And as the leader, I am concerned that his behavior isn't good for the band."

Mr. Kim nodded. "But Donghyun, they almost lost each other in a terrible accident recently. They need each other the most right now."

"And Boyfriend needs Kwangmin just as much. And his fans need him so much more."

"Donghyun, this is true love and happiness, we're talking about. Why are you such a downer?" Mr. Kim joked.

"Sir." Donghyun said firmly. "Our schedule got pushed back an hour today because Kwangmin was texting during dance class and the teacher had to reteach everything just for him."

Mr. Kim sighed. "If you're so set on ignoring Kwangmin's loyalty and love for a talented girl, I guess I could talk to him about focusing more." He pretended to pout. "Tell him to come to my office."

"He's out with Minji and hasn't come back yet." Donghyun tattled.

"But it's already 10:40... Now ignoring curfew is something I cannot tolerate. When he comes back, send him to my office."

"Ok, sir." Donghyun headed out of the office. "Don't be afraid to scold him." Donghyun encouraged.

"Don't worry," Mr. Kim said as Donghyun closed the door. "I'll make sure that he never wastes time on that girl ever again."

-----

"I'm back," Kwangmin took off his shoes before entering the dorm.

"Welcome back," Youngmin and Minwoo called from the couch.

"Did you have fun" Youngmin plopped a popcorn into his mouth.

"Yep."

"Did any paparazzi follow you?" Minwoo the tv.

"Boyfriend's Kwangmin spotted on a date with JYPE's Minji." The news reporter announced.

"Apparently," Kwangmin laughed. He snuck his hand into Youngmin's bowl of popcorn and grabbed a hanful.

"How was the lobster dinner?" Jeongmin shouted from the bedroom.

"It was great. How did you know we had lobster?"

"AllKpop."

"Of course," Kwangmin laughed again.

"You don't care that people know what you're doing every minute of your life?"

Kwangmin shrugged. "As long as they don't hurt Minji or take a picture of me in the bathroom peeing, I'm ok with it."

The toilet flushed and Donghyun walked out of the bathroom.

"Hi, Hyung!" Kwangmin greeted.

Donghyun looked at the clock and then back at Kwangmin. "It's 11:30."

"Yeah, sorry for staying out kind of late. But I fell asleep while watching a movie with Minji-ah so JYP drove me back here."

"Ok," Donghyun laid down on his bed. "Oh, Kwangmin. Mr. Kim wants to talk to you."

Kwangmin's heart skipped a beat.

"You ok, Kwangmin?" Youngmin shook Kwangmin's shoulders.

"You got really pale all of a sudden." Minwoo commented. "What's wrong?"

"W-why does he want to talk to me?" Kwangmin took a deep breath.

Donghyun pulled his blanket over his head. "Dunno."

"Ok..." Kwangmin got up and forced himself to Mr. Kim's office. Did I do anything wrong? No, yeah? Well except for coming back late tonight, but I shouldn't be getting that scolding until tomorrow morning.  Then why would Mr. Kim want to talk to me? If this is about not flushing the public restroom toilet yesterday, I swear it was Minwoo's fault. He pulled me out saying that he heard the ice cream truck before I could flush. Kwangmin pushed the door open. "You wanted to see me, Sir?"

Mr. Kim was still at his desk. "Ah, Jo Kwangmin. Do you know what time it is?"

Kwangmin gulped. "11:30..."

"And where did you go?"

"The JYP Entertainment building..."

"To see who?"

"... Minji."

"And when's your curfew?"

"10:30... Sorry, Sir." Kwangmin apologized.

"Don't do it again, brat." Kwangmin flinched. "Now, what's this about not paying attention during lessons?"

"I-I..."

"Give me your phone." Mr. Kim held out his palm.

"But, Sir." Kwangmin tried to argue but the look on Mr. Kim's face said: 'Don't you dare disobey me.' Kwangmin surrendered and placed his phone in Mr. Kim's hand.

Mr. Kim took the phone and locked it in his drawer. "The reason I give you all cell phones is so we can easily communicate, and just in case of emergencies. Not to be wasting your time texting you girlfriend."

"Sorry."

"And you even went public?" Mr. Kim turned around and rubbed his forehead in frustration. "Why would you do that? I don't understand you kids now a days."

"But, Sir. You said that it was alright to date and expose it to the public as long as we stayed focused."

"And have you been focusing 100% at every lesson? Listening to al of your teachers and paying attention?" Mr. Kim retorted.

Kwangmin couldn't say anything.

"That's what I thought, little brat. It's either you listen to me or your don't - fame or freedom. You can't have both. Ungrateful little..."

Kwangmin bowed. "Sorry. I'm really sorry."

Mr. Kim turned back around to face Kwangmin. "Stand up straight!" Kwangmin did as he was told. "Break up with Lee Minji."