I Have A Favor

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- July 2 -----

Minji was lying down on her bed being lazy on her day off until her phone buzzed. She ignored it for a few minutes before stretching her arms out to grab the phone off of her night stand.

*Unknown number: Stay away from Kwangmin.

She scoffed before replying to the text. *Minji: Sara, how did you get my number?

*Sara: Doesn't matter.

She rolled your eyes and didn't reply. She hugged her pillow and attempted to nap. Her phone buzzed and she grabbed it, irritated. *Sara: Stay away from Kwangmin.

*Minji: Never.

*Sara: We'll see about that.

*Minji: You already said that. Running out of threats?

*Sara: It's only the beginning. Your life is going to be hell.

She didn't reply.

*Sara: Check the Daum cafe rankings. I'm ahead of you.

"I'm possible..." She mumbled as she went to her computer room. She grabbed her iPad and laid back down on the bed. On the Daum cafe ranks, she, whom was previously 3rd place - behind Big Bang and Boyfriend - was 6th. Sara stole her 3rd place spot. *Minji: What did you do to sabotage the rankings?

*Sara: Believe it or not, I didn't do anything to increase my popularity. I guess everyone's getting bored of you.

At this point, Minji was fuming with rage. *Minji: You did something to the rankings.

*Sara: I swear I didn't. Like I said, since you're too nice, people are stomping all over you. People like me. You have to be sassy and mean if you want your 3rd place back.

*Minji: I'm not your puppet. I refuse to do what you're telling me.

*Sara: Well, let's see how long the K-pop Princess wears her crown. Bye~ Don't text back.

To make Sara mad, she texted back with a " :P " She surfed the internet for a few minutes to check on all of the popularity rankings. On nearly all of the charts, her popularity was decreasing while Sara's was sky-rocketing. Some fans also left comments like "Minji was hot, now she's not", "Minji's so boring", "Minji ". She slumped on her bed. "Is it true?"

"What's true?" JYP walked into her bedroom with his hands behind his back.

"Am I boring?" She frowned.

"You're not boring. Whoever called you boring is crazy," he replied. "Don't be sad. I have something that will turn your frown upside down!" He brought forth what he was hiding behind his back. "Tada!"

"Woah!" She ran over to him and started at the red Nike shoes. "I've always wanted these! How did you know?"

"It was obvious."

She raised her eyebrows, not believing him.

"Okay, fine, Kwangmin told me." He confessed.

"Thank you~" She hugged him and put on the shoes.

"You have a great boyfriend."

She gasped. "W-what?"

JYP pinched Minji's cheeks. "I know that you two are finally dating. How has it been?"

She rubbed her sore cheeks. "Great. Kwangmin's great."

"That's good. Tell me if he doesn't treat you well; I'll teach him a lesson." He cracked his knuckles and she giggled. He smiled at her smiling at the thought of Kwangmin. "Don't change." He said seriously.

She turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know," he shook his head, stressed. "I get the feeling that something about you is different.... You seem. Different."

It's called growing up, old man. Minji held back her sudden urge to back sass JYP. "Maybe because I'm finally getting used to the Kpop world." She shrugged and rubbed her shiny new shoes.

He shook his head, unsatisfied with her answer. "Yeah, maybe that's it." He patted her shoulder. "You're amazing just the way you are right now, Minji-ah. Don't change."

"But my popularity decreases if I stay the same..." She mumbled under her breath.

 

----- July 4 -----

"Minji-ah," Kwangmin placed his water bottle on the dance practice floor.

"Hey," She replied and started stretching. Kwangmin was expecting that she would greet him with a hug and kiss. He pouted and started stretching next to her. He saw that she was wearing the red Nike shoes that he bought for her. "Nice shoes," he laughed. "Thanks," she the music. He frowned when she didn't even thank him for buying them. "You know, I bought those for you," Kwangmin blurted out. "Cool," She commented and started dancing their duet song. Kwangmin felt hurt.

-----

"You're off beat," Minji said bluntly to Kwangmin.

JYP paused the music. "He's doing fine. You've been picking on him all rehearsal. It's so unlike you."

Minji ignored his comment. "You're part does like this -" *dances* "But you come in a second too early."

"Even I don't care about that." JYP said. Minji shot him a look. Kwangmin just did what she said and danced it the way she did, "Okay, I'll just make sure I come in early."

"No," JYP challenged. "You were fine earlier."

"Shut up! You're not performing this dance, we are." She rolled her eyes.

JYP gasped. "What did you just say? How dare you talk to me like that!"

"If you were a better teacher, I wouldn't be talking to you like this! And you," she pointed at Kwangmin. "Can't you dance correctly? It's so irritating that you can't get it right. I can't reach the top if you keep wasting my time."

JYP walked up to her and pointed in her face. "Now, look, Lee Minji. I don't know why you're acting like such a spoiled brat but don't ever talk to me or Kwangmin like that again, got it? I am you CEO and teacher. I shouldn't be demanding your respect."

She rolled her eyes in his face.

"Hey!" JYP yelled. Kwangmin rushed infront of JYP and pulled him to the door. As Kwangmin pulled JYP out of the room, Kwangmin whispered, "Something must be stressing her out. Don't worry about, I'll talk to her."

"What kind of CEO gets kicked our of his own dance practice room?" She mocked.

"What's gotten into you, Minji-ah?" Kwangmin closed the door and walked to her. JYP was yelling at her on the other side of the sound proof door.

"Nothing." She glared at Kwangmin.

He stared into her eyes and she flinched. "You're a liar."

"'You're a liar'." She immitated him in a sassy voice. "Can we get back to practice? Bring that stupid teacher back in here."

Kwangmin lost his temper. "LEE MINJI! I don't care if you disrespect me but it's not okay to disrespect JYP! He created you, he debuted you, and spoiled you! Stop acting like this!"

"Let me do what I want."

He grabbed her hand. "What happened to you?"

She slapped his hand away. "My fans are getting bored of me." She whispered.

"What did you say?" He asked because she spoke too softly for him to hear.

She looked at him with sad eyes. "This is the new me. Get used to it." She stormed out of the room.

"Hey, brat!" JYP was still outside of the dance practice room.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be in my room," Minji didn't even look back as she walked up the stairs to her room.

"That kid..."

Kwangmin sighed as he turned off the lights in the dance practice room and walked up to JYP. "She won't tell me what's bothering her."

JYP looked at Kwangmin with googly sad eyes. "Have I been a bad teacher, Kwangminnie? Did I do something wrong?"

Kwangmin laughed at how silly JYP looked batting his eyes like a girl. "No, you're the best teacher ever. She'll calm down soon, don't worry. It might be her 'time of the month'."

JYP pretended to barf. "Okay, maybe you're right. You two have M Countdown tonight. Do you want me to cancel it?"

Kwangmin shook his head. "We shouldn't do that just because she has a bad attitude. This is Minji we're talking about. I'll make sure she goes back to the funny and cute girl we both know and love."

JYP patted Kwangmin's head. "You're a great Boyfriend."

"I know," Kwangmin laughed.

 

----- July 5 -----

"Okay, Minji, turn towards Kwangmin." The photographer instructed. Minji faced Kwangmin. "Now, hold his hand." She shook her head; she was still upset at him. "I'm telling you to hold his hand." She shook her head again. "I'm the photographer!"

Kwangmin held out his hand and smiled like nothing was wrong. "Just hold it. I promise I'm cooty-free."

She shook her head.

"Just hold his damn hand!" The photographer shouted.

"Make me!" She shouted back and crossed her arms.

"Aish! I've had enough of this!" The photographer started packing up. His crew followed. "Such a brat!"

"Sorry, Thank you for your hard work!" Kwangmin bowed deeply. "Minji-ah, say sorry," he tugged on her hand.

"Don't tell me what to do!" She stormed out of the building.

Kwangmin sighed and sat down on the bench they were supposed to use for the next photoshoot concept. He placed his head in his hands thinking of reasons why she was being sassy. His cell phone vibrated.

He smiled when he thought it was an apology text from Minji.

*Unknown number: I know your secret.

*Kwangmin: Who's this?

*Unknown number: You're #1 fan ;D

*Kwangmin: Sara...

*Sara: Yes, Oppa ~ <3

Kwangmin didn't reply. Instead, he got up and packed his stuff.

*Sara: I wonder what would happen if Mr. Kim found out that you're dating.

*Kwangmin: He would congratulate me.

*Sara: Oh... Well, what would happen if your members found out?

*Kwangmin: They already know and they're very happy for me.

*Sara: And your fans?

Kwangmin laughed at Sara pathetic attempt to threaten him. *Kwangmin: They'll support me no matter what.

A minute passed and Sara didn't reply. Kwangmin thought that she finally gave up.

*Sara: What about Minji? Her fan base isn't that strong yet.

Kwangmin cursed. "Sara wouldn't..."

Since he didn't reply, Sara took it that she finally found his weak spot. *Sara: I'm going to tell everyone that you and Minji are dating and make sure she loses all of her fans.

*Kwangmin: Don't.

*Sara: Then I have a favor.

*Kwangmin: I'm not going to do it.

*Sara: Do a duet with me ;D

*Kwangmin: What?! Are you crazy?!

*Sara: I will be crazy in popularity if we do a duet. Imagine~ The top boy band, Boyfriend's Kwangmin doing a duet with the more-popular-than-Lee-Minji: Kwon Sara~

*Kwangmin: NO.

*Sara: Do you want Minji's career to go down the toilet? She would have to return back to America if she loses her fame. You wouldn't want to be the reason for that, would you?

*Kwangmin: You're horrible, you know that, right?

*Sara: You know me so well <3 So do we have a deal?

Kwangmin hesitated. *Kwangmin: We have a deal.

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading, guys :D Please subscribe, comment, and support! ~Kii-chan