11:35

Starship's Summer Trainee

"Break up with Minji."

"Sir..." Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows.

"I said break up with her right now."

Kwangmin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I can't. I understand why you're upset but I can't break up with her."

"Why not? Are you gonna give me that whole 'I love her more than being an idol' crap?"

"No." Kwangmin opened his eyes. "Yes, I love her. But that's not the reason."

"Then what is?" Mr. Kim challenged.

"She needs me."

"And I need coffee but I ran out, big whoop. If you want to stay an idol, break up with her."

"No!" Kwangmin yelled. "She needs me. I can't leave her when she needs me! I left her once and I'm not leaving her again. Behind that smile, she's really lonely. No one approves of her; not even her parents. But I do. I approve of her, I love her, and I believe she deserves the best. So I refuse to leave her."

"Aw, isn't that cute? Boyfriend to the rescue~" Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. "How about I make a deal with you? If you can stay away from her and cut all ties with her for three whole days, I'll leave you alone. Deal?"

"What if she comes here uninvited?"

"Then, to be her. Deal?

Kwangmin squinted his eyes. "What if I refuse?"

Mr. Kim pulled out a file labeled 'Kim Minji: Starshup's Summer Trainee.' "I release this to the press and she returns to Starship." Mr. Kim smiled. "She becomes my most successful artist. Isn't that wonderful, Kwangmin? You and your girlfriend are gonna be under the same label! Too bad her reputation is gonna be ruined."

"I'm not gonna let you ruin her career..." Kwangmin whispered. "Deal."

"What, boy? I can't hear you~"

"I said 'deal'! Three days and you'll leave us alone."

Mr. Kim pulled out a timer set for three days. "Excellent. The timer starts now."

 

"He's not picking up his phone." ... "I'm sorry but the number you have dialed is unavailable." ... "Minwoo-ah! How's Kwangmin doing?" "He's fine, why?" "Oh. Uh, no reason." ... "Did I do something wrong?" ... "Oh, Kwangmin!" Why is he running away? ...

 

"Minji-ah? Are you okay?" Wooyoung asked as he walked in to the entertainment room. Minji was sitting next to Suzy on the couch, staring blankly into space.

"She's been like this for the past two day." Suzy poked Minji's cheek. Minjididn't respond and continued staring at the wall. "I'm starting to get worried."

"Is it because of Pikachu-twin?" Wooyoung pinched Minji's cheeks hard.

"His name is Kwangmin." Minji replied blankly. "And he's been avoiding me. I don't know what I did wrong."

"He must be really busy." Suzy nudged Minji's arm. "Don't be a clingy girlfriend."

Minji looked at Suzy with watery eyes. "But, Unnie, I miss him. I want to see him right now!"

"Now THAT'S the real Minji," Wooyoung laughed. "You can't see Pikachu-boy -"

"Kwangmin!"

"O-okay - Kwangmin. You can't see Kwangmin right now. It's already 11:25." He pointed to the clock. "They're probably sleeping."

~~~~~

"Aaaaahhh, I can't sleep!" Kwangmin threw off his blanket and walked out of the bedroom. All of the other members were sound asleep and didn't hear Kwangmin yell.

Kwangmin walked into the living room to find Youngmin staring intently at the computer screen. "Woah. That's amazing..." Youngmin grinned.

"Youngminnie, I can't sleep." Kwangmin threw himself onto the couch and Youngmin slammed his computer scree shut.

"Kwangminnie! You're not supposed to be awake!" Youngmin fidgetted.

"And you're not supposed to be watching that, so we're both trouble makers. Guess it runs in the blood."

Youngmin sighed. "Busted. Just promise not to tell the other members that I was watching that, okay?" Youngmin joined Kwangmin on the couch.

"Everyone knows," Kwangmin said bluntly.

"WHAT?!"

"You should really clear your history after you're done watching the videos."Kwangmin smirked. "You really like, cat ears, huh?"

"W-What're you talking about?" Youngmin blushed. "So why aren't you sleeping, little bro?"

"Just stressed and worried." Kwangmin put his chin on his hands. "I miss Minji."

"Yeah, the other members have been worried about that. Why aren't you and Minji talking? And where's your cell phone?"

"Mr. Kim took it. I got in trouble for texting nad staying out past curfew."

"Bad boy," Youngmin teased. "So Mr. Kim grounded you?"

Kwangmin nodded.

Youngmin grinned. "He's like a kind father. I never throught he'd ground you."

"I would hate to have Mr. Kim as our father." Kwangmin whispered.

"Youngmin didn't hear him. "So that's what Mr. Kim had to talk to you about late at night. No wonder you've been so down lately. Minwoo's been on the verge of crying every time he saw you pout and get through the day like you had no reason to live."

"Minji is my reason to live..."

Youngmin patted Kwangmin's shoulders. "Don't forget, I'm here as well. Plus, it's been three days. You can't be grounded for that long."

Kwangmin jolted up." It's been three days?! Today's the 24th?!"

"Wow, were you that depressed that you don't even know what day it is?" Youngmin sighed in relief at his brother's revival of energy.

"What time is it?!"

"Eleven thirthy." Kwangmin ran out of the door. "One." Youngmin laughed." I'm lucky to have such a hyper little bro." Youngmin peaked into the bedroom to make sure everyone was asleep. He opened up his laptop and continued to watch Teletubbied.He blushed in excitement. "Oh, Po, those cat ears don't match your antenna."

"Youngmin!" Jeongmin walked into the living room. "What're you watching this late at night?" He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

Youngmin slammed his laptop shut again. "Nothing!"

 

Kwangmin ran to Mr. Kim's office in his pjs. "Sir!" He barged into the office. "It's 11:30! That means you'll leave me and Minji alon from now on, right?"

Mr. Kim looked at the clock. "It's 11:32." He pulled out his timer. "I started the timer at 11:36."

"But it's close enough right?! I can be with Minji again?!" Kwangmin couldn't hide his smile.

Mr. Kim sighed. "I guess. but let me set some rules." Kwangmin nodded, eagerly. "No texting during practes; no coming home after curfew; you're not allowd to have your cell phone during schedules; and don't you dare expose nother piece of information again without discussing it with me. Got it?"

"Yes, Sir!" Kwangmin smiled.

Mr. Kim opened up his drawer and tossed Kwangmin his cellphone. Kwangmin turned it on and scrolled through his unread text messages. I really made Minji worry... Sorry. His phone vibrated to the newest message.

One of Mr. Kim's guards opened the door. "Sir, there's a motorcycle outside."

"Who the hell would come to Startship at 11:34 at night?!"

Kwangmin opened up the recent message from you and his eyes went wide. He ran out of the office.

"What's he getting worked up about?" Mr. Kim complained. "So, who came?"

-----

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! Kwangmin flew down the stairs and into the parking garage.

-----

"Oh, really?" Mr. Kim laghed with joy. "What lively children to come here late at night." Mr. Kim handed his guard a file. "What's this sir?"

-----

"Minji!" Kwangmin's voice echoed in the parking garage.

"Kwangmin-ah!" Minji threw off her helmet and ran over to him. Wooyoung smiled at the reunion. "I missed you, Kwangmin-ah!"

----

"Minji's file," Mr. Kim gestured for his guard to follow him down the stairs.

-----

"Minji!" Kwangmin was out of breath. "Leave. Right. Now. You have to. Leave."

"Why?"

"Because of this file." Mr. Kim's voice echoed in the parking garage.

Minji and Wooyoung bowed to greet him.

"My, my, Lee Minji." Mr. Kim walked slowly over to them. "What're you doing here at-" he looked at his watch. "-11:35pm?"

 

Kwangmin slumped on the ground. "I'm sorry, Minji..."

Minji was getting worried. "What's going on?"

Mr. Kim's timer went off. "Aw, too bad, Jo Kwangmin. You were so close." He shoved Kwangmin's head. "Get up!"

"Don't touch him!" Minji kneeled down next to Kwangmin.

Mr. Kim pushed her over. "No, YOU don't touch him!"

Wooyoung ran over and attempted to punch Mr. Kim when Mr. Kim's guard hit him straight in the jaw. "Now, now, Jang Wooyoung. Aren't you promoting your solo album right now? Don't want to ruin your solo debut do we? Leave!"

Mr. Kim's guard forced Wooyoung onto his bike and made him drive away. Wooyoung looked desperately over his shoulder as his bike's motor slowly disappeared into the night.

Minji stood up. "What's going on?!" Her demanded.

Kwangmin remained on the ground. "It's all my fault..."

"Shut up!" Mr. Kim yelled. "I'm getting real irritated with you, boy!"

"What's going on?!"

Mr. Kim pointed at the file his body guard was holding. "I want you to make copies and send them to all of the K-pop news industries." He instructed.

The guard nodded and turned to leave. Kwangmin got up and tackled the guard, only to miss and fall on the ground. The guard walked up the stairs and out of sight. 

"What was that file?" Minji asked, confused and upset at the way Kwangmin was being treated.

Mr. Kim yanked Kwangmin up from the ground. "Why don't we let your faithful boyfriend tell you? Aren't you lucky? Your boyfriend loves you so much, he even disobeyed me. But he made a horrible choice."

"Kwangmin?" She asked desperately.

He looked up at her with teary eyes and a bruise on his cheek. "I'm sorry..."

"Kwangmin! What's going on?!" She looked him straight in the eye. He looks so broken...

"I ruined your career." He started crying.

Mr. Kim threw him back on the ground. "Worthless. If it wasn't for your brother, I'd be done with you!"

"Don't talk to him like that!" She hugged Kwangmin. He continued to mumble, "I'm sorry."

Mr. Kim laughed. "Well, now. Don't the two of you make a cute couple? You see, this worthless piece of trash refused to listen to me. He's been slacking off and came home way past his curfew."

"But you said it was alright. You said you wouldn't get in trouble." She looked at Kwangmin.

"I told im to break up with you but he refused. So I made a deal with him. And he was soooo close to winning. He risked our career for the sake of 'love.' If I were you, Minji, I 'd dump him right now."

"What were those files?" She asked, still trying to understand what was happening.

"Your records while you were at Starship last month." Kwangmin answered. "He just leaked it to the public... I'm so sorry."

She stood up and backed away. "No. This can't be happening. You're lying!"

"I'm sorry!" Kwangmin grabbed her shoulders. "It's ok if you hate me."

"It's not you that I hate!" She glared at Mr. Kim.

"That's no way to look at your previous - well, I should say, new - CEO." Mr. Kim smiled. "Welcome to Starship, our summer trainee <3"

"No. No. Please no." Minji repeated. "You're ruining my career? Why? I didn't do anything wrong!" A tear fell.

"Mr. Kim!" Kwangmin bowed desperately on his hands and knees. "Isn't there anything at all? Why do you ave to punish Minji for what I did?"

"Oh, shut up." Mr. Kim snapped. "This isn't about you. I've been looking for a way to steal Minji back from JYPE ever since her first win."

"What?" Minji frowned. "Steal me. Back? JYP didn't steal me in the first place!"

"But you're still under the Starship summer contract so you're legally mines."

"I'm not legally anyone's but my parents'!" She shook her head. "And JYP didn't know I was under you so it doesn't count as stealing."

"Stealing is stealing. Now, EVERYONE will know about your messed up little past. Let's see if you can rise to the top once again. I support you all the way." Mr. Kim smiled.

"I don't need anyone's support! I don't need anyone! NO ONE!" She screamed in rage.

"Minji-ah..." Kwangmin said quietly.

She gasped when she realized what she just said. "Absolutely no one." She ran out of the parking garage as fast as she could.

Run. That's all she could do. Run and never look back. Trust no one. Absolutely no one.

 

 

A/N: Hi all! Sorry for not updating in 2 months >< I wanted to make sure that AFF servers were stable before I posted anything. I have yet to write the last chapter (it's so hard to write good byes T-T) but other than that, hope you enjoy the closing chapters of Starship's Summer Trainee :) Please subscribe, comment, and support this story! :D <3 Kii-chan