Forever

Starship's Summer Trainee

Sara held Kwangmin's hand. "I feel complete when I'm with you."

He looked at their hands and smiled. "That's great to hear." He squeezed her hand. "I feel the same way." She smiled widely. "About Minji." She frowned and yanked her hand away from him, crossing her arms. "I'd be lying if I said you're a great person but admit, you're horrible." She rolled her eyes. "But it's nice of you to like me as more than my fan. You will always be one of my top fans." He hugged her. "I hope you're not mad when I say this but I'm in love with Minji." He pulled away and forced her to look him in the eyes. "She's everything to me."

"You're everything to me," she replied.

"No, I'm not. I'm just a fellow idol. What you feel for me is admiration. What I feel for Minji and what she feels for me is love. Regardless of this all we'll still perform at the annual Summer K-pop Concert at Caribbean Bay tomorrow. We'll do a short little cover dance of something simple okay?" Sara frowned but Kwangmin forced her to smile. "Please understand. I need Minji. Please give up on me, okay?"

Sara sighed before she nodded. Kwangmin smiled and left the room. "I'll never give up on you." She said bitterly.

 

----- July 17; Caribbean Bay -----

"Welcome, everyone to Caribbean Bay," a voice sounded through the speakers and through the waterpark. "Today is a special day for everyone. That's right! It's the annual Summer K-pop Concert!" Everyone in the water park cheered. "Some of today's performances include 2PM, Miss A, Boyfriend, and Lee Minji. There's a rumor that Minji will be performing a medley of y songs to set the HOT summer mood." The announcer laughed at his own joke. "I'll be announcing when the concert begins. Until then, peace!"

"Seems like that announcer is a fan of yours," Wooyoung jogged up to Minji who was talking to Miss A's Suzy.

"I'll be at the spa area with the Miss A unnies," Suzy said to Minji before she gave Wooyoung a funny face and left.

Wooyoung made a funny face back.

Minji smiled. "I should go to that announcer and thank him for saying kind things about me."

He stared at her. She shifted uncomfortably. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He picked her up and spun her around. "My cutie dongsaeng is back to her cutie dongsaeng self!"

"My wrist!" She cried in pain. Her writst was still wrapped in gauge from when she broke it two days prior.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot." He pointed at the rides. "Let's go on some water rides!"

"Wait, Wooyoung-oppa! You should know that I can't -" He took off in a sprint, cutting her off in the middle of sentence. "Swim." She laughed and chased after him.

~~~~~

Kwangmin watched in jealousy as Minji caught up to Wooyoung and he put his arms on her shoulder. "Don't touch my girl..." He squeezed his soda can until it cracked.

"Oppa, what's wrong?" Sara walked up to him, feeling so pretty in her two piece bikini.

Kwangmin ignored her and craned his neck to find the Boyfriend members.

"Are you ready to perform? I finally get to perform on stage with you! I'm so excited! I know it's not our duet song and only a simple dance to 'Boyfriend' because we couldn't get the dance down. But I can't wait to perform on stage with you!"

"I can't wait to perform on stage with Minji again," he said coldly before he left her once he found Youngmin walking around.

Sara smirked. "Well, Oppa, you'll never be able to perform with Minji." She said to herself. "In fact, I'll make sure that Minji never performs on stage. Ever. Again."

A little boy walked up to Sara. "You were talking to yourself! You're crazy, ugly lady!"

Embarrassed, Sara put on a pair of shades and walked away.

- An hour later -

"Ladies and board shorts wearers, the concert begins in one hour!" The announcer's voice boomed.

"We should go to the performer's tent soon." Minji squeezed the water out of her hair. She and Wooyoung just came back from the slip and slide.

"Okay, but let's go over there first!" Wooyoung dragged her to the diving pool. "Woah, we're not on the diving board yet, but we're already so high above the water!" He gasped as he watched the waves crash against the artificial ledge they were standing on. "The pool must be 10 feet deep!"

"Oppa, let's go. I don't like standing so close to this pool." She whined and pulled his arm.

"Why not? I won't push you in. I promise." He held his pinky out.

~~~~~

Boyfriend was lounging on the chairs next to the diving pool.

"10!" Jeongmin chered as a cute girl dove into the pool.

"Wow, she was good," Hyunseong said in awe.

"She was good, wasn't she, Kwangmin?" Donghyun nudged Kwangmin who sat next to him. Although, Kwangmin wasn't watching the divers. He was staring at Minji and Wooyoung who were acting extra friendly on the edge of the pool.

Donghyun waved him hand in front of Kwangmin's face. "Why don't you talk to her? You two are still dating, right?"

"I think she's mad at me," Kwangmin continued to watch Wooyoung and Minji talk.

"You won't know until you ask," Youngmin pulled Kwangmin off of the chair.

"Aw, Minji looks upset. It's like she doesn't want to be near the pool." Minwoo watched Minji trying to pull Wooyoung away from the pool.

"It's because she can't swim," Kwangmin mentioned.

"She can't swim?"

Kwangmin smiled proudly. He knew something they didn't know.

"Wooyoung-hyung seems awfully clingy to Minji-ah, doesn't he?" Minwoo asked. "Shouldn't he be hanging out with his group?" Kwangmin stopped smiling and watched Minji and Wooyoung link pinkies.

"They're labelmates so they must be close." Youngmin noted.

"Yeah, but it looks clingy and more than friends to me." Minwoo covered his eyes childishly.

"Speaking of clingy, where's Sara?" Jeongmin asked.

Everyone shook their head. "Haven't seen her."

"I think I found her..." Youngmin stared out into the distance. Everyone tried to see what he was staring at. "Kwangmin-ah, you said Minji can't swim, yeah?"

"Yup, why?" Kwangmin looked over to where Minji and Wooyoung were - still at the edge of the pool talking. "When she's in the water, she just kind of sinks." Kwangmin immitated an anchor sinking.

Donghyun pulled Kwangmin's arm. "You're the best swimmer in Boyfriend. Hurry up!" He said frantically, staring at the same thing Youngmin was staring at. "Hurry up!" Everyone yelled at Kwangmin. They all saw something he didn't.

"What are you guys lookin-" Kwangmin was cut of by a scream, followed by a splash. He couldn't believe his eyes. He sprinted to the water and swam as quickly as he could.

~~~~~

"Let me go!" Wooyoung struggled but Sara's grip was too tight. "Minji-ah! Hang on! I'll save you!"

"Help!" Minji managed to say before the water pulled her under.

"I'm not letting you go," Sara giggled at her plan.

"How could you push her into the pool?!" Wooyoung yelled, still squirming out of her grip.

"Easy. I put my hands on her back and when you two weren't paying attention, I pushed her in. It helped that she was light."

"Wait," Wooyoung stopped struggling. "Minji should know how to swim. Minus her injured wrist, she should be able to at least float until a life guard comes."

"There are no life guards." Sara said bluntly.

"What?! No life guards at the diving pool? What kind of waterpark is this?" Wooyoung peaked over the edge. "Why is it so quiet? Did Minji get saved already?" He looked at the side walk. Everyone was gasping and pointing at the water, terrified. "Why do they look so scared?"

"Oh, I forgot to mention," Sara tightened her grip on Wooyoung's arm. "Minji can't swim."

"Can you?" He asked calmly. She nodded and proudly lifted her chin. "Good." He grabbed her shoulder and jumped into the pool with her screaming at the sudden fall.

-----

I'm almost there, Minji-ah. Kwangmin panted. You've been underwater for a little more than a minute... Please be okay. Kwangmin reached the area where he saw her getting pushed in and saw her figure sinking underwater. As he dove down, Wooyoung jumped in with Sara who screamed in protest.

With nothing but her on his mind, Kwangmin swam deeper than he'd ever swam before, feeling the pressure squeeze his lungs. Almost there, he thought. Before he could grab her lifeless hand, he started drifting up. His body was telling him that he needed air. Not yet! He screamed in his head. I'm not going up without Minji! Ignoring his flaming lungs, he pushed his arms and legs to propel him deeper. Minji-ah. All of the memories together flashed as he blinked his blurry, exhausted eyes. From the first time they met at the airport to their first date to their first kiss to their first argument. He blinked and saw the lifeless Minji continuing to sink to the bottom of the pool.

"I like your hat. I love Pikachu, too." "Oh! Haven't I met you before?" "Am I in love? I think I am." "We're going ot be best friends forever, right?" "The actual winner is Kwon Sara." "Are you lying to your parents about what you're doing here in Korea?" "Maybe we'll meet again." "Looks like I'm destined to become a doctor." "Hello, I'm Lee Minji, JYP Entertainment's newest Princess." "You look amazing." "You don't need to be desperate; you have me." "I'm not letting you get in my way." "I'm not just any fan, I'm her #1 fan." "I'm excited for this collaboration." "You asked me to go out with you, right? Well, I'm OUT side of the room." "I'm sorry but I already have a girlfriend." "To infinity and beyond." "This is the new me, get used to it."

The sunlight glinted off of the ring on her pointer finger. "These are couple rings that I found on my way to the market." Kwangmin looked at the matching ring on his own finger and gained the strength to propel himself close enough to grab her hand. Minji-ah, I love you.

Kwangmin swam towards the surface while holding tightly onto her cold hands. They were no where near the surface when Kwangmin's lungs completely ran out of air. His body floated up as his eyes fluttered shut. Forever. Minji-ah. I love you. The only sign of life was his still tight grip on her hand. Their couple rings glinted in the sunlight. Forever.