Love At First Sight

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- June 1 -----

'Hi, my name is Lee Minji and I'm going to be Starship's new summer trainee. I'm 16 years old and I live in America. My dream has always been to be a singer but my parents want me to become a doctor. A few months ago, I auditioned via YouTube for a Starship Entertainment contest and I won! I lied to my parents and told them that I won a medical program scholarship to study at a hospital but I'm actually going to train as Starship's new summer trainee. Now, I'm at Seoul Airport about to live my dream.'

Minji closed herr notebook, put on her reading glasses, and opened up the letter Starship sent her regarding information about the program. She got up from the waiting room chair, still reading the paper and walked to the entrance of the airport.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" She apologized in her American accent when she bumped into someone when she wasn't paying attention. A boy wearing a Pikachu beany automatically bent down to pick up his wallet and cell phone that fell onto the ground.

Minji also squatted to pick up her jacket, handbag, and fallen glasses. "Ah, where are my glasses?" She felt the floor.

"Here," the boy handed Minji her glasses. Before wearing them, he looked at her and his heart skipped a beat.

"Thank you," She put her glasses back on. "I'm sorry for bumping into you."

"I'm sorry, too. I wasn't paying attention." The boy helped her up. At her touch, it was as if magic tingled within him. Trying to figure out why he was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, he stared at Minji.

After the awkward silence, she cleared . "I'm Lee Minji." She held out her hand.

The boy stopped staring at her and shook it. "Hi, I'm Jo Kwangmin."

She nodded. "I like your hat. I love Pikachu, too."

Kwangmin was at a loss of words. He just laughed awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you. I should go now. Maybe I'll see you around Korea." She walked away.

-

"Bye." Kwangmin waved at her. "Cute accent..." He couldn't stop smiling. All he could think about was the girl, Lee Minji and he forgot why he was even at the airport in the first place. He gave up when he couldn't think straight. He went back to the Starship building.

"Kwangmin-ah, did you find the summer trainee?" Youngmin asked as his twin brother walked through the doors. Minwoo, Youngmin, Donghyun, Jeongmin and Hyunseong were in a circle on the floor of the dance practice room.

Kwangmin sat next to Youngmin and Donghyun. "Nope. I looked everywhere," he lied.

"Mission fail," Donghyun mocked him.

Youngmin noticed that Kwangmin was randomly smiling. "Are you okay, Kwangminnie?"

Kwangmin looked at the Boyfriend members who were staring at him. "Huh? Yeah." He smiled again. "Do you guys believe in love at first sight?"

"Love at first sight?" The members looked at him as if he were crazy. "There's no such thing as that." "You must be dellusional."

Youngmin eyed Kwangmin. "Did something happen at the airport?"

Kwangmin nodded. "I bumped into this girl. When I helped her up, I couldn't think straight and I couldn't help but stare at her. Her hands were so soft... Her hair was so smooth. She was so pretty. She had this cute American accent." He smiled. "And she said she loved Pikachu."

"Oh, gosh." Youngmin pulled Kwangmin's ear. "You're never going to see her again. Get over it."

Kwangmin pouted. "But just thinking about her makes me happy."

"Let him do what he wants." Hyunseong forced Youngmin to release Kwangmin's ear.

Donghyun shook his head. "But the chances of them meeting again are slim to none."

Kwangmin frowned.

"So what's her name?" Jeongmin asked.

"Lee Minji."

"Cute name."

Donghyun looked at the clock. "We should practice while we wait for the trainee to come to the bulding." They stood up and began stretching.

"I'm hungry." Hyunseong whined.

Donghyun laughed. "We've only been stretching for five minutes."

"But I'm still hungry. Minwoo-ah, can you go down to the store and buy me some food?"

Minwoo shook his head.

Kwangmin pulled his wallet from his pocket and got up. "I'll get you something, hyung."

-

"Starship... Starship..." Minji whispered to herself as she walked down the street. "Ah!" She found the Starship building and entered through the revolving door. "I hope the people at Starship are nice."

-

Kwangmin walked downstairs to the neighborhood market. He bought six sandwiches and six drinks. On the way back to the market, he saw a familiar figure walk into the Starship building. He hurriedly walked into the building but once he got inside, the hallway was empty. "I must be dreaming..." He walked into the dance practice room.

"Thank you, Kwangmin!" Everyone cheered as they each grabbed a sandwich and drinks.

Kwangmin stood by the dance practice room door, looking to see if the girl he saw enter the building would pass by.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Youngmin was worried about his brother.

"Yeah." Kwangmin sat on the floor and opened his sandwich. He slowly ate it. "I think I saw Lee Minji again..."

Donghyun choked on his food. Hyunseong patted his back. "The girl from the airport? You must be hallucinating."

"Kwangmin-ah, you need to stop thinking about her. She's just a distraction." Youngmin plead.

Kwangmin sighed. "I guess you're right. I guess I'll never find the right girl." Kwangmin fake cried. "Music will be my only girlfriend in this sad, sad world." Youngmin rolled his eyes.

"Maybe she's the summer trainee and you and that Lee Minji girl are fated to fall in love." Minwoo joked around. The Boyfriend members laughed.

The door to the dance practice room swung open and the CEO, Mr. Kim walked in. Boyfriend all stood up. "Boyfriend, I have a new surprise for you."

He stepped aside and revealed the summer trainee. "Hello, I'm Lee Minji."

The Boyfriend members all looked at Kwangmin who was smiling like an idiot. "So much for not being distracted," Youngmin mummbled.

-

"Hello. I'm Lee Minji." She bowed to Boyfriend.

"She's cute," Jeongmin whispered to Kwangmin. "Is she a noona?" Minwoo also whispered, excited. Kwangmin slapped both of their arms.

"I'm your Boyfriend! Hi, we're Boyfriend." They greeted in unison.

"Hello, I'm the flower boy, Jeongmin. Nice to meet you."

"Hi, I'm the leader, Donghyun. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Youngmin." Minji tilted her head trying to figure out why he looked familiar.

"Hello, I'm the main singer, Hyunseong."

"Yo, I'm the cute maknae, Minwoo."

"Hello. I'm Jo Kwangmin."

"Oh!" She gasped. "Haven't I met you before?"

Kwangmin smiled, happy that she recognized him. "Nice to see you again."

Mr. Kim looked from Kwangmin to Minji. "Have you two met?"

"We bumped into each other at the airport earlier today," she answered politely.

Mr. Kim looked at Kwangmin. "Then I'm hoping that you will take care of her the best. I'm trusting you, Jo Kwangmin."

Kwangmin bowed. "I won't let you down, sir."

Mr. Kim nodded. "Minji here isn't allowed to show your talents to anyone throughout this summer."

"Why not?" Kwangmin asked.

"We're keeping it a fun surprise. She will be performing at the Starship concert in two months. Even I won't see her talent until then." He turned to Minji. "Your skills are in the hands of your choreographer, our newest employee at Starship, Ms. Kwon and your vocal instructors." He turned back to Boyfriend. "So no peaking, okay?"

"Yes, sir," they answered.

"Minji will be staying in the room next to you. We were going to let her stay with SISTAR but we decided against it since their room is already too small for the four of them." Mr. Kim asked Minji, "Are you okay with rooming next to Boyfriend?" She nodded. "Here are your keys." He handed the keys to her. "Boyfriend, show her to her room and get to know each other." He left.

Boyfriend threw their sandwich wrappers and empty drink containers into the trash can.

Minji looked from Kwangmin to Youngmin and back to Kwangmin again. "Woah. I'm seeing double."

Boyfriend laughed. "You've never seen twins before?" Kwangmin chuckled.

"I have. Just not good-looking Korean ones." Both Youngmin and Kwangmin blushed.

"Let's show you to the dorms," Donghyun smiled and lead the way out of the dance practice room.

Youngmin, Kwangmin, Minwoo, and Minji followed the hyungs, Donghyun, Hyunseong, and Jeongmin up the stairs and to their rooms.

Kwangmin grabbed Minji's luggage and bags and carried it up the stairs for her. "Oh, Kwangmin, it's alright. I can carry my own bags," she protested. She tried to grab it from him.

When their hands touched, she quickly pulled them apart. He smiled and continued to carry her bags. "So, tell me about yourself."

-

"That's the girl, right?" Hyunseong whipered to Donghyun.

Donghyun looked over his shoulders and saw Kwangmin carrying Minji's bags. "Kind of obvious, don't you think?"

Hyunseong and Jeongmin both looked over their shoulders. Jeongmin puffed his cheeks. "No fair, she's really cute."

Hyunseong copied Jeongmin's puffed cheeks. "I want to fall in love at first sight with someone like her."

Donghyun laughed at their silliness. "We'll find our own girlfriends one day, don't worry."

-

Everyone reached the rooms and helped Minji rearrange the furniture to the way she liked it. "When you're done unpacking, come next door and let's get to know each other better," Donghyun smiled at her and left the room. Hyunseong, Minwoo, Jeongmin, and Youngmin followed him out.

"Thank you," she bowed.

Kwangmin stayed behind and placed her luggage onto her bed. "Do you need help with anything else?" He asked.

She looked around and shook her head. "Um, that's alright, I'm fine now. Thank you, Kwangmin."

"I'm glad we got to see each other again," he said quickly before he rushed out of the room, embarrassed.

She laughed and started to unpack her clothes. When she was almost done unpacking, her phone rang. "Hi, mom."

"Hi, honey. How's Korea?" Minji's mom asked on the other line.

"It's great. I like it here." She gazed at her trainee room. It wasn't amazing but it's only for the summer so she was more than willing to deal with it.

"Study hard, alright? This medical program will help you achieve your goal of becoming a doctor. Learn as much as you can. I won't call you often so do your best, okay? Mommy and daddy miss you. Bye."

She sighed. "I miss you, too. Bye, mom." She ended the call and laid down on her bed. "I'm sorry, mom but becoming a doctor is your dream, not mine. My dream is to become a singer."

 

 

A/N: Hello :D Thank you for reading my second fanfiction! I'm still lacking in many ways but I hope you like this story despite my lacking >< Please support this story :DDD

~ Kii-chan <3