Today's The Big Day

Starship's Summer Trainee

----- June 20 -----

"Minji-ah!" Kwangmin ran up to her in the M Countdown waiting room. She was getting her innocent pink stage dress and make up double-checked, and he was in his suit.

"Wait up, Kwangmin!" The Boyfriend members ran after him.

"Hi, I'm Lee Minji," She bowed formally just like how JYP taught her to greet her senior-idols.

He chuckled. "No need to bow, we're close enough. So today's the big day, huh?"

The make up artists approved of Minji's outfit and went onto another performer. "Yeah, I'm so nervous. I just want to get it over with already."

"Kwangmin-ah!" Youngmin pinched Kwangmin's ear. "Don't run off like that! Oh! Minji-ah! Long time no see."

"Hi, Minji-ah!" Everyone greeted.

Donghyun, Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Youngmin, and Minwoo looked at each other. When Donghyun nodded, they all bowed. "We're sorry, Minji-ah, for the bad things we've dont to you."

She signaled for them to stop bowing. "You don't need to apologize!" The idol passerbys were all staring.

"But we're really sorry." Donghyun insisted.

"It's alright," she smiled. "Everything happens for a reason. If I didn't leave Starhip I wouldn't be debuting today. By the way, it's really weird to see you guys in suits. You all look older."

"We should be saying the same thing about you," Jeongmin pointed at her dress. "This is the first time I've seen you in something other than shorts and a tshirt."

"You look really pretty," Donghyun commented.

"Thank you, but I feel weird." She said honestly. "I don't think I can pull this dress off. I probably look horrible."

Kwangmin grabbed her hand and smoothly spun her around. "I think you look beautiful." She turned a bright red.

"Ew." Youngmin cringed. "Why must you be so corny?"

Donghyun looked at his watch. "We should go back to the dressing room now. The show starts soon and we still need to put on our mics."

Kwangmin stayed next to her. "I'll meet you guys in there."

"You're not coming with us?" Hyunseong asked.

"I'm going to stay with Minji-ah for a little longer."

Minwoo pouted. "Can I stay with Minji-ah, too?"

Kwangmin turned his back to Minji and glared at Minwoo. He mouthed 'leave us alone'.

"Suddenly, I would rather go to the dressing toom." Minwoo hurried away, scared. The other members followed him.

"See you later, Minji-ah!" "Good luck!"

Minji giggled. "I kind of miss seeing them everyday."

Kwangmin pretended to cry. "Aw, you don't miss me?"

"No," she said bluntly. "We have dinner together every night. I don't have the time to miss you." She playfully hit his head.

"True." He smiled. "Where do you want to eat out tonight?"

"Actually, I'm going to eat dinner with the company."

"Are you ready to debut, Princess?" JYP walked up to Minji and Kwangmin.

"Oh!" Kwangmin quickly bowed. "Hello, sir."

JYP patted his shoulders. "Long time no see, Jo Kwangmin. How are you and your brother doing?"

"We're doing well, sir."

"That's good. I overheard you asking Minji-ah out on another date tonight."

Kwangmin blushed. "W-well-"

"Did you know that Minji's not as close with her fellow labelmates because she's always going on dates with you? She barely spends time at the company building." JYP teased.

"Oh. Um. Well. I-"

JYP laughed. "I'm just joking. I'm stealing her this evening, though. We're celebrating Minji's debut. Oh! Jo Kwangmin, why don't you celebrate with us?"

Kwangmin looked at Minji for an answer. She nodded her head quickly and answered for him, "He would love to."

"Great. Ask Kim Shidae and we'll pick you up an hour after M Countdown ends. Wear something nice. We're going to South Korea's top restaurant."

Minji quickly looked at JYP. "But you promised that we weren't going to a fancy restaurant. I don't want you to spend a lot of money on me."

"I already made reservations." JYP stuck his tongue out. "You're my Princess and you deserve the best." He took out a small tiara from his shirt pocket and placed it on her head.

"You look amazing." Kwangmin awed at how pretty she looked. She blushed.

"Excuse me, Lee Minji, right?" A backstage crew lady walked up to them. "The show just started and we need you on the side of the stage."

"But she's performing in the middle of the show." JYP informed the lady.

"Yes, I have her down as the 10th performer - two spots before Boyfriend." The lady looked at Kwangmin showing that she knew he was a Boyfriend member. "We just thought that she would like to observe how the recording process works."

JYP nodded, "that's a good idea."

"Please follow me, Ms. Lee."

"Good luck, Princess. Do your best. I believe in you." JYP waved and left.

"Are you coming with me, Kwangmin-ah?"

He looked at the time. "I think I should put on my mic first. I'll see you soon, though." He walked to his dressing room.

Minji followed the backstage crew lady around the stage area. She was given a tour of the different procedures and positions. After the tour, she was left backstage on the side to observe the performers. About 10 minutes passed and it was almost half way through the program. 'Where's Kwangmin-ah?' she thought, looking around.

"Boo!" Kwangmin snuck up behind her.

"Ah!" She jumped.

He laughed. "Were you looking for me?" He nudged her arm.

"Pft, no." She crossed her arms, stubbornly.

~

The other Boyfriend members joined them backstage but kept their distance, leaving Minji and Kwangmin alone.

"Kwangminnie and Minji-ah look cute together," Minwoo whispered to Youngmin.

"Yeah, they do." Youngmin agreed.

Jeongmin pouted. "I wish I looked cute with someone."

"You look cute with me." Hyunseong joked and hugged Jeongmin.

"Ew, no." Jeongmin laughed as he pushed Hyunseong away.

~

"You're up next." Kwangmin said as the 9th performer's song began to play.

She gasped. "Oh my gosh. No, I can't do it." She started shivering.

Kwangmin looked at her, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"No. I'm so nervous."

He chuckled and grabbed her hand and interlocked their fingers.

She looked up at him.

"Are you still nervous?"

She shook her head and blushed. "Thank you."

-

"Jo Kwangmin!" JYP entered the Boyfriend dressing room.

All of the Boyfriend members stood up and bowed.

"Yes, sir?" Kwangmin walked up to JYP.

"I asked Mr. Kim about dinner tonight and he said that you can go." JYP searched for Boyfriend's manager in the dressing room. "Is it alright if Kwangmin comes to JYPE with Minji and I? We're going to celebrate Minji's debut and I personally invited him to join us."

Boyfriend's manager nodded. "Just make sure he behaves. He's a trouble maker."

"Wow, dongsaeng, you're so lucky," Donghyun sighed.

JYP turned to the Boyfriend members. "I wish I could invite all of you but I didn't think about it until now. I promise to take you all out to eat next time." He winked. "Let's go Kwangmin."

Kwangmin grabbed his bag and waved at s before walking out of the dressing room. "Oh! I forgot to get my performance suit. You said that I need to wear something fancy, right?"

JYP waved it off. "It's alright, you can borrow one of the company's button up shirts. We have plenty."

"Thank you, sir."

"Any time." JYP knocked on Minji's dressing room. "Let's go, Princess. You need to shower and get ready for the dinner."

"Coming!" She rushed out of the dressing room in a tank top and really short shorts. "Kwangmin-ah?"

"Woah, Minji-ah, I've never seen so much skin on you!" Kwangmin dropped his jaw.

She covered her body and pouted. "This was all I had room to pack in my small bag pack."

"It's alright, we're just going back to the company building," JYP laughed.

Kwangmin shook his head, "Girls should only wear these kinds of clothes when they're desperate for a boy." He removed his jacket and put it on her.

"What if I am desperate for a boy?" She joked as she got into JYP's car.

"You don't need to be desperate; You have me." Kwangmin whispered before he closed the door behind her and sat in the front seat.

Huh? She asked herself, feeling her heart beat quickly.

~~~~~

"Minji-ah, show Kwangmin around the building. Meet over when you guys are done." JYP waved and walked into his office.

"Don't worry, I don't need a tour," Kwangmin chuckled. "I still remember where everything is."

"O-ok." She was still flustered about what Kwangmin said earlier. 'You have me' kept replaying in her head. "We can just go to my dorm and get ready."

"Ok." Kwangmin cooly said.

They walked into the elevator and she pressed the number 5.

"Wait," Kwangmin turned to her. "Isn't the 5th floor the fancy suite?"

She nodded shyly as the elevator doors opened to reveal her luxurious dorm.

"This is your room?!" Kwangmin gasped. He ran around the entire floor touching everything he saw. "Flat screen t.v... walk in closet... pool... gym!" He ran over to the weight lifting section and picked up 50 pounds.

"Show off," She laughed and sat down on the bean bag chair next to the treadmill, watching Kwangmin lift weights.

"You're so lucky." Kwangmin was sweating after showing off to her. "I wish I had a dorm like this."

"It's amazing." She agreed. "It makes me want to work harder just to repay JYP for being so kind to me." She looked at Kwangmin who was wiping his sweat on his shirt. "Ew, gross, you're sweating," she laughed.

"I think I pushed myself too hard." He massaged his arm.

"So what are you going to wear for dinner?"

"Not this," he referred to his sweaty shirt. "JYP said that I can borrow one of the company shirts."

"Company shirts?" She pulled out her phone and called JYP. "Sir, where are the company shirts?"

"They're in the room next to 2AM's dorm. It's unlocked so you can just go in." JYP answered.

"Which shirt is he going to wear?"

"You can help him choose. You can borrow a dress from that room, too. Pick whichever one you want. See you guys soon." The call ended.

"Let's go downstairs," She lead Kwangmin down the stairs. She stuck her head into Miss A and 2PM's dorms. "They're not here. I wonder if they're at the restaurant already..." She shrugged and opened up the door to the room next to 2AM's.

"Woah." Kwangmin blinked. The huge room was filled with revolving racks with elegant outfits for fancy events. He walked up to the tuxedo right in front of him and touched it. "Woah, it's so soft."

Minji also touched it. "You're right." She walked to the side with the fancy button down shirts for boys. "This would look great on Kwangmin..." She said quietly as she held up a dark blue collared shirt.

~

"This would look great on Minji..." Kwangmin said quickly as he held up a simply white dress and dark blue cardigan. "Minji-ah! I found a pretty dress for you!"

"I found a nice shirt for you, too!" Minji skipped to Kwangmin with the shirt behind her back.

He quickly hid the dress behind his back. "3...2...1..." You chanted together. "Tada!"

They traded outfits. "Wow, this is so pretty!" She awed at the dress.

"My favorite color," Kwangmin smiled.

"I know," She smiled up at him. His heart skipped a beat.

~~~~~

"I'm gonna take a shower, now," Minji took the dress and walked into the bathroom, removing Kwangmin's jacket along the way. "Where do you want me to put your jacket?"

Kwangmin looked away when she walked over to him in her tank top and super short shorts. "Y-y-you can g-give to me."

She raised your eyebrows. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I-I'm fine," he grabbed his jacket from her.

"Okay..." She looked at him suspiciously and closed the bathroom door behind her.

Kwangmin slumped down on a chair. "Oh my gosh... Minji is so hot..." He smelt his jacket. "Ah, she smells so nice. Like pretty flowers." He inhaled her scent.

"Kwangmin." Minji opened the bathroom door while Kwangmin was in the middle of smelling his jacket. "..."

"..."

"..."

Kwangmin laughed awkwardly. "You just smell really nice..." He said honestly.

She blushed. "Oh, thank you. Um. Do you want to take a shower, too?"

He stared at her. "A shower? Together?"

She giggled and pulled his hand into the bathroom.

 

 

 

A/N: What?! A shower scene?! Mehehehehe >:)

~ Kii-chan <3