Bunny Eating Ice Cream

Starship's Summer Trainee

Kwangmin walked out of the bathroom stall, all dressed up but his shirt still ed. He joined Minji in the dressing room portion of the bathroom. She was almost done curling her hair with a curling iron. "Your bathroom is like a bedroom all by itself." Kwangmin sat and looked at all of the hair and skin care products lined up on the table. "But why would you need two separated shower stalls?"

"To trick erted boys like you into thinking that I'm offering to shower together in one." She stuck her tongue out as she pulled out the plug of her curling iron.

He blushed. "I'm not erted."

"Oh, please," she rolled her eyes. "I know you thought I only had one bathtub and we were going to shower together like that. I tricked you big time."

He laughed awkwardly. "Do you use all of these daily?" He pointed at the lined up hair and skin care products, changing the subject.

She shook her head, curls bouncing gracefully. "JYP bought all of them for me today but I'm sort of allergic to most of these products. I think I'm going to give them to my sunbaes."

"I see." He nodded. His hair was still dripping wet and drenched his shirt when he nodded.

"You didn't dry your hair, yet?"

He shook his head, letting more water drench his shirt. "I usually air dry it."

She pouted. "But it's ruining your handsome shirt." She plugged in a hair dryer and stood up behind him. "Ever heard of a hair dryer?" She laughed and turned it on. She dried his hair as his cheeks grew redder and redder with her touch. When she was done, his hair was still tousled every which way. "You kind of look cute with your hair all messy like this." She blurted out. She covered when she realized what she just said.

He chuckled. "Thank you." He finished buttoning up his shirt and was about to fix his collar when she fixed his collar for him.

"There," She looked at him in the mirror. "Perfect." She held his hand and helped him off of the chair.

"Minji-ah?" He stood up and faced her.

"Yes?" She starting to get nervous.

He smirked and tugged her hand, forcing her closer to him. He leaned down to her level. She stared wide eyed while the distance between their faces closed in.

"Dongsaeng-ah!" Wooyoung barged into the bathroom.

Minji stepped back and Kwangmin closed his eyes, upset that he let the chance pass.

"Oh, hi Oppa." Kwangmin looked at her when she said 'oppa'. She looked at him wearily and walked over to Wooyoung. "What are you doing here?"

Wooyoung eyed Kwangmin. "JYP sent me to get you since you two were taking so long. Now I know why." He pointed at Kwangmin. "You! If you make another move on my dongsaeng again, I'm going to hurt you."

Minji forced him to stop pointing. "Oppa, he wasn't making a move or anything. You saw it all wrong. Let's go." She grabbed Wooyoung's arm and dragged him out of the bathroom.

Kwangmin followed them, sadly. "Oppa?"

----- In South Korea's top restaurant -----

JYP stood up and raised his glass of water. "Here's to Minji's amazing debut. May she continue fown the road to success."

"Cheers!"

Minji and Kwangmin sat next to each other but throughout majority of dinner, she talked about girl stuff with the girls while Kwangmin chatted with the guys.

"Wooyoung said that he's kind of interested in you," Miss A's Suzy whispered to Minji.

Minji choked on her food. "What?"

Kwangmin patted her back. "Are you okay?"

Wooyoung eyed Suzy. "Hey! Did you just tell her what I think you told her?"

Suzy snickered. "He likes it when you call him 'Oppa'."

"Hey!"

Minji looked down at her food, awkward.

Kwangmin was getting jealous. "Minji-ah, try this." He distracted her by feeding her some of his dinner.

She coughed and spat it out onto a napkin. "Is there parsely in that?"

"Yeah," he looked at her, worried. "What's wrong?"

She chugged down her water. "I'm allergic to parsely."

"Oh!" Kwangmin gasped. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know!" He started panicking.

"Calm down, Kwangmin-ah," She giggled. "I didn't swallow it so it's alright."

"Are you sure you're fine?"

She nodded.

"Okay," he sighed. "If something happened to you, I don't know what I would do." He stared into her eyes with sincerity that made her heart race.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Min interrupted their moment in English.

"Boyfriend?" Nichkhun looked up from his meal. "You're too young to be dating! Tell Nichkhun-oppa that you're not dating!" (English)

"Nichkhun-oppa? No," She shook her head. "He's just a friend."

Nichkhun sighed in relief.

Min eyed Minji doubtfully.

Kwangmin whispered in Minji's ear. "What are you guys talking about? Why is Min-noona staring at me?"

"Don't worry about it," Minji said.

Min stared at Kwangmin. He nervously drank his water.

"Stop staring at him," Minji said softly. Kwangmin smiled at her.

"I think he likes you," Min said in English. "You should date him. He's cute."

Minji looked at Kwangmin. He caught her staring and made a funny face at her.

She laughed. "Well, he is super cute."

"You know I can understand English, right?" JYP interrupted in Korean.

Minji gasped. "Really?!"

Min stuck her tongue out and high-fived JYP. "Busted."

Minji burried her face in her hands. "So embarassing."

JYP smirked. "Jo Kwangmin, does your company allow you to date?"

Kwangmin looked at Minji's distressed expression. "Mr. Kim said that as long as we continue to work hard, we can date whoever we want. Altough, he prefers that we date idols."

"Does he consider Minji an idol?"

Minji and Kwangmin looked at JYP with wide eyes. "I'm not sure. Why?"

JYP took the last bite of his steak dinner. He winked at Minji.

"Sir," a waiter walked up to JYP. "An AllKpop news crew is waiting outside."

"Bring them in." He turned to Minji. "This is your chance to show off your interview skills." The news crew swarmed around JYP. "Let's do the interview over there." The news crew followed him to an empty corner.

After a few minutes, one camera filmed 2PM, Miss A, you and Kwangmin eating dessert. He focused often on Minji and Kwangmin.

"The camera is staring at us." Kwangmin mumbled, barely moving his lips.

Minji pretended to wipe with a napkin so the camera wouldn't catch her talking. "Just keep smiling. Don't say anything. I think he's suspicious about us."

"I've been meaning to ask," 2PM's Taecyeon said loudly. "Are you two dating? Your outfits are matching today. You're dating, yes?"

The moment he asked his last question, the news crew who were around JYP were rushing over to Kwangmin and Minji. "Dating?" "What's this about dating?" "Why is Kwangmin here?" "Matching outfits!" "Do you like avocados?"

"He's my best friend," Minji said calmly.

"Is that true, Kwangmin?" A reported asked.

Kwangmin sighed. "Yeah, yeah, we're just friends." He looked at her with disappointed eyes. "Whatever she says."

~~~~~

The news crew left an hour later and everyone was exhausted from talking so much.

"They're so scary!" 2PM's Junsu whined. "They know everything!"

Kwangmin stood up and walked onto the restaurant terrace. Minji noticed that he barely spoke the entire night and decided to follow him.

"Min," JYP said. "You and I need to back off of Kwangmin and Minji. They're still young so don't interrogate them about dating. I know they like each other as more than just best friends but Minji is here to live her dream, not date. She struggles because her dream is preventing her from being with Kwangmin. Aren't you upset that you can't do whatever you want since a scandal could easily come up?"

Min felt guilty. "Yes. I should say sorry to them."

"Not now. Let them talk it out."

~~~~~

"Kwangmin-ah, are you okay?" Minji walked up to Kwangmin leaning against the railings.

"I guess." He looked up at the stars. "Am I really just your best friend?"

She looked at him.

He sighed, keeping his eyes on the clear night sky. "I don't want to just be your best friend. Minji-ah. I think about you all the time. I want to hug you, never let you go. Tell you that I love you. Hear you say that you love me, too. Can't we be more than friends?"

She blushed and also looked up. "My parents always told me to never let anything get in the way of my dreams. Do you see that cloud up there?" She pointed at a small cloud making its way through the sky. "We can't see the stars' shine when it's behind that cloud. Eventually, the cloud will pass, leaving the star shining stronger than ever. But some weak stars stop shining after being blocked by a cloud."

He nodded. "It can't be helped. Clouds are scary."

"Not really. It just depends on how you look at them. That cloud over there, it looks like a bunny eating ice cream."

He chuckled. "More like a flamingo on a unicycle."

She laughed. "Kwangmin-ah... Don't be that cloud."

"What do you mean?"

She sighed. "I finally debuted. Against my parents wishes. If at any point, I fail, I go back home and become someone I don't want to be. I can't afford a distraction. I need to keep pushing myself to the top. I hope you understand that it doesn't matter if you like me and I like you. Until I reach the top," She looked at him. "I'm not letting you get in my way."