The Girl named Yam

Twist of Fate (KimPie) gxg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1] THE GIRL NAMED YAM[/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] - Sunday, Weekend -

Kim is planning to go shopping after doing some temple visits in Bangkok. She asked Zee to go with her but Zee refused because she has to attend an important family meeting. So Kim decided to go by herself.. Since Kim is already familiar with different places in Bangkok, she doesn't get in trouble finding the locations. Kim visited Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) and offered some goods with monks and they offer some prayers to bless her. After that she went into shopping and bought a new phone.. Kim was hungry, glad she found an affordable eating place.. She ordered pizza with light toppings and a mocha flavored drink.. Kim scans and browses her new phone, it was not like her old phone but it seems so easy for her to use. She has no contacts yet until she remembers Yam and the digits she gave to her. Kim picked up her wallet where she kept the piece of paper from Yam. She saved Yam's number and tries calling her.. It was ringing and in seconds she heard a girl's voice on the other line.

"Hello? Who is this please?" the voice asked.

"Y-Yam? It is me, Kim. Hi.." Kim replies.

"Kim? Is this your digits? You've got a phone now?" a surprised voice asked.

"Yes, Yam. I bought a phone.." Kim continues..

"Ey, Kim.. Where are you today? Are you busy?" Yam asks.

"Not at all Yam, actually I'm doing a shopping...alone.." Kim drawled.

"Alone? That was sad. Where exactly are you now? I'll come there.."

"Hmm.. I'm just in a shopping mall few kilometers from Wat Arun temple."

"Great.. I'll see you there, Kim!" Yam hangs up..

---------- after about 28 minutes Yam arrived and she easily found Kim because the area wasn't too enormous. Yam found Kim sitting alone on a nearby small park outside the mall. She easily recognizes Kim because of her hair and figure and for Yam, Kim is unusual in every way, her style, her aura, her presence, her charm and especially her soft yet strong personality even though Kim is an overall tomboy in appearance.

Kim was busy scanning her phone when Yam suddenly appeared as Kim wasn't aware of Yam's presence.

"Kim!!" Yam yelled who's standing in front of her.

Kim was surprise, she felt her heart jumped up inside her chest.

"Hahaha! Sorry for startling you.. I couldn't think of anything on how to catch your attention because you seemed busy with your new phone eh?" Yam stated giggling as she sits beside Kim on a park bench.

"Ey, Yam.. You startled me! I'm going to have a heart attack just now.." Kim teased giving Yam an annoyed expression.

Yam looked back at her like a stare. "You're more cuter when you look startled Kim.." she teases back.

Kim smiled returning her attention on her phone. "I know.. I was born this way. Are you attracted? Hahaha!"

Yam pouted now glaring on Kim. "How could you! And what if I am? What would you do, handsome Kim, huh?" Yam moved her face closer to Kim's.

Kim switches her gaze on Yam, in a surprise she didn't know Yam's face is about three inches closer to hers. Kim was stun, she held her breath for the moment and swallowed the formed liquid inside .. Yam and Kim's eyes met as if they talk silently.. Yam's cheeks went red as well as Kim's..

Silence fills the atmosphere..

Little by little Yam's eyes smile together with her lips.. Yam pulls back feeling shy and embarrassed. "That was insane.. (chuckles)" Yam said looking away..

Kim laid her back on the bench.. Sighs. "You look more cuter with a closer look, Yam.." Kim said smiling.

Yam smiled back.. "Thanks, Kim. Anyway, wanna eat?"

Kim shakes her head. "I just had a pizza.. How about you?"

"I'm still full.. Where do you live, Kim?"

"In my friend's apartment.. But I'm planning to move somewhere else so soon.."

"Where exactly?"

"I haven't found a place yet.. My friend is still looking for a proper place." Kim continues.

"Speaking of proper, I knew one place.. It's actually an affordable and a comfortable place to settle." Yam stated.

Kim feelings go enthusiastic. "Really? Where's the place? Can you take me there so that I can check on it?" Kim said feeling so excited.

"You'll going to like it. Only 10,000 baht per month. Come on, I'll show you.." Yam stood up and grabbed Kim's right hand.

As Kim and Yam walk along the park holding each other's hand Kim is feeling the warmth of Yam's hand into hers. Kim felt a little secured as Yam holds her hand tightly. The two took a taxi as Yam takes Kim to the said place. It took less than 20 minutes when they arrived. It was a small building, looks a bit old but well-built and its structure. The building has a total of 30 rooms.. Yam toured Kim in empty rooms so she could finally choose a room for herself.

"Kim, i prefer this room for you, in front of room 5220 and yours will be 5225.." Yam stated so assured.

"Why makes this room different from the other, then?" Kim curiously asked.

"Because I live in 5220.." Yam reveals giggling..

Kim's eyes widened.. "Was this still part of your joke, Yam? You're not funny this time.. Please.. I'm badly serious about this matter."

"I'm not kidding you handsome.. " Yam winked.

"Seriously?" Kim asked unbelieving..

Yam picked up something inside her shoulder bag, a key. She showed it to Kim. "Behold.." Yam said looking very much serious. Yam inserted the key to the keyhole of the knob, she twisted it.. CLICK! Yam managed to open the locked door. She gazes back to Kim.. "See that? Wanna come in? Don't worry I don't bite.." Yam teases chuckling.

Kim seemed very surprised who just followed Yam walks inside the room. "Have a seat and be my guest Kim. I live here alone because my family lives in Nan province. I have siblings but they work in different places here in Thailand. We're scattered anywhere.." Yam almost revealing her life to Kim.

Kim's eyes roam around the room.. Looking at every details. "You've got a nice place, Yam." Kim praised.

"Thanks, Kim. Actually it was you who are my first ever visitor. Sounds strange because we just met yesterday then out of the blue you're at my place today.." Yam stated in an honest way.

"Aw.. Thanks, Yam. Thank you for trusting me.. And I trust you too.." Kim replies with an honest looks.

"Great! Now, will you invade the 5225 apartment?.." Yam stated in a command tone.

Kim's brows creases.. The way Yam talks reminds of her boss.. Kim slightly misses her boss who was just with her yesterday. Sigh. "First things first, I have to consult Zee about this, Yam. If she agreed, then It'll be my honor living into this cozy place.." Kim stated with an enthusiastic smile.

---- Kim stayed in Yam's apartment for hours and the two talked about their lives and so on. Kim got to know more about Yam but Yam failed to know more about Kim. As the two talk, their friendship begins to grow instantly because of the nice and sweet personality Yam had, Kim found a new friend in Yam as they feel comfortable with one another.

Past 7 PM, Yam prepared a dinner for two. She prepares, vegetable salad and a steak, but it wasn't tastes good because Yam is no good at cooking.. "Sorry, Kim.. I've grown up knowing nothing about cooking. Next time I'll just order foods because that's what I do all the time." Yam said sitting in front of the dining table beside Kim feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Aw.. Sorry to hear that.. Don't worry Yam, I'll teach you once I finally move here. I promise you that!" Kim replied in a cheery voice.

Yam bowed her head. "It'll be my pleasure.. I finally have someone to help me with things. Thanks for coming into my life, handsome.." Yam said as she stares on Kim smiling.

"At your service.." Kim bows her head too.

The two laugh..

- 8:45 in the evening Kim arrived home -

"Howdy, buddy? Where have you been half a day?" Zee greeted Kim who just came in their room.

Kim was in full smile mood and Zee sensed Kim was very happy. "Hey hey hey, Kimhan Buranaphan, why do you smile like that?? What happened today?" Zee asked curiously who's lying relax on the couch.

"Zee!!! I finally found a place buddy. A new apartment." Kim excitedly stated.

Zee pouted. "Where is this place then?"

"Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Apartments." Kim answered.

"I haven't heard that place before, did you already check on it?"

"I did.. It looks comfortable and I won't be alone in the place, Zee.."

"What do you mean?" Zee sounding curious.

"Actually, I met a girl named Yam who is now my friend. She lives in one of the apartments there.. It'll be a smarter way if I knew someone living in the same place, right buddy?"

"Yes....... So when do you plan to move?"

"The day after tomorrow.. I'll file a two days leave to settle everything.." Kim explained.

"If you miss me buddy, you can call me or you can visit me there!! Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter