Saving the Future

Twist of Fate (KimPie) gxg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]SAVING THE FUTURE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The next day around 4 AM, a cold dawn welcomes them. Kim and Pie were picked up by their service shuttle. Kim seated on the second row behind the driver's as Pie was on the very end of the vehicle, they were far apart from one another. Kim was sneaking gazes on the interior rear view mirror to have a view of Pie.. She's a sleeping beauty while cuddling a soft pillow as they travel heading to Nan Province. Kim's lips drawn a smile as she glimpses upon Pie's reflection in the rear view mirror. 'She's still cute as always though traces of yearning was obvious on her face that I have caused. It's the perfect time.' Kim told herself enthusiastically.

After about seven hours of travel with less traffic luckily they finally reached the said province. 11 AM exactly, they stopped to a place remote from the center town. A man greeted them. "Hello.. Are you the sent delegates from Bangkok who'll help us with Nan tourism?" a man asked whose looks at his forty.

"Not delegates sir.. We were the officials. By the way, I'm Kimhan Buranaphan, sir. The president of Buranaphan branch of company in Bangkok. Pleased to meet you sir?" Kim said as she gestures a formal handshake to him.

The man reached Kim's hand. "Just call me Mr. Prasert, Ms. President Kimhan. Pleased to meet you too." the man replied then he let go of her hand. He looked on the other girl who came out from the Van. "Is she with you? Your secretary ma'am?" the man asked referring to Pie.

Kim chuckles. "No, Mr. Prasert, anyway.. (Kim looks to Pie and called her.) uhm.. Ms. Pie, this is Mr. Prasert, he's the one." Pie nodded as a response then Kim switches her gaze back to the man. "She's an official too. The Vice President." Kim continues.

"I see. The Vice was cute and the President was beautiful, perfect combination. We'll get tons of tourists because two gorgeous ladies were in our town." the man said in complimentary.

Kim only purse a smile to the notion.

"Okay, come with us, we already prepared the room for the two of you in this hotel in Nan. Hope you find it cozy Ms. President.. Huge hotels are in town but those were too distant from here that's why we decided to take you both in this little cozy inn but the service here is absolutely better." the man told them as his men help carrying their luggage backpacks.

"No problem Mr. Prasert. I can manage living into a small room. As long as it is neat and nice." Kim said as she walks in. Pie follows them.

They finally reached their room. "Well, Ms. President and Ms. Pie, I know the two of you were tired from the long trip so we are offering you the most cozy room here. It's the available one however had two beds, enough for two." the man stated confidently.

Pie's eyes widened with a furrowed brows. "Hey, sir.. I want some privacy. I want an other room. I don't want a company in my place." Pie said protesting.

Kim only shook her head in dismay with Pie's protest.

"Sorry Ms.. But the hotel was fully booked now. In addition you two were both female so I suppose nothing's wrong with that?" the man said.

Kim clears . "Nothing's wrong with that sir. My apology but Ms. Pie was sort of a picky person. Maybe I'll just sleep in the Van so that she can sleep well here, ALONE." Kim said emphasizing the word alone.

Pie felt guilty with an irked expression. "No! I'm not a picky person. Let's get in, I'm tired. Sorry Mr. Prasert for my rudeness." Pie said half smiling trying to lighten the situation.

"It was nothing Ms. Fine, I'm leaving so you two can rest for awhile. See you this afternoon." the man lastly said and gave the keys to them and exited.

Kim and Pie were left standing in front of the room.. Pie gave Kim a keen look then she entered first, Kim follows and shut the door. Kim seated on her chosen bed observing Pie whose on the other bed about twelve feet away from her. "Cozy enough." Kim said as she examines the room trying to break the silence between them.

Pie ignored her.

"Pie, are you hungry?" Kim asked softly but she got no response from the person with her in one room.

Pie didn't even look at her whilst only browses something in her phone avoiding the troublesome time being with the person she once owned yet still loved. 'Oh great, this will be a tough times for me. She's way rigid to tame this time, but no, I won't give up. I want her forgiveness but I won't ask for it instead I'll make ways to make her feel that I'm truly sorry.' Kim said to herself. She noticed Pie raising up her phone. "What were you doing?" Kim asked again. "There is no signal here, Pie. It's hard to find it here. If I were you I'll just relax myself." Kim said as she lays her back on the bed tucking herself.

Pie pays no attention, not saying a word no matter what Kim does. Pie sat on the bed wearing a discouraged face. 'No signal, great! With Kim in this room? Not proper! No matter what you say girly tom, I will never ever talk to you unless it's about the business or the company. Stone hearted Pie is with you..'  Out of got nothing to do, Pie plays games in her phone ignoring Kim's presence and doesn't even want Kim to notice her sneaking glimpses s upon her. Several minutes later, Pie noticed Kim's silence, she sluggishly moves her face to her left where Kim was, she saw the face she truly missed again, an innocent face seems in a deep sleep. She stares on Kim's innocent face, it made her smile although the same face that made her cry. 'I missed that face.. That pointed nose, that three-dimensional eyebrows and that naughty lips... ' Pie shook her head erasing the sudden adulation she felt. 'Enough liking her! She doesn't wanna be with you anymore..don't forget what she did to you. Don't ever let her come into your life again..'  Pie reminded herself putting all her guards up. 'Enough treating her special, she was once your slave and that what she'll only be to you.'  fighting her feelings, instead she just covered her face with a blanket and went sleep.

****

4 PM

"Pie? Pie? Wake up! We need to go to a restaurant. The meeting will be held there." Kim said as she wakes her up tapping Pie's arm.

Pie's eyes opened and the moment she opened those, she saw Kim's face a little nearer from hers. She half smiles. "I missed you.." she said lowly unintended. Pie sat up quickly, "Uhm.. Ahh.. I said I'll missed it.. " she said in a defense and rushed her way to the comfort room. She locked herself in there. 'What did I say? What? Did I say I missed her? Tsk! She caught me.. Better be more careful this time.. Better make her think I'm no longer having an interest upon her.. That I already moved on.. distract her!'  Pie washed her face then changes her clothes while Kim waits for her outside. Pie came out from the room.

"What took you so long?" Kim asked a little upset.

Pie just paces away... Kim only let go of a deep sigh as she follows Pie.

*****

In the said resto, not way too far from the hotel they met those officials and members, the meeting started. They talked about their plans, anything and so on, they ate dinner there as well. The meeting lasted for two and a half hours and ended 7:30 PM. They came back to their hotel room, mind and body exhausted for the day.. "It's only a meeting, but seems like forever to me." Kim muttered as she lays her back on the bed.

Pie is combing her disregarding showing attention upon her. Kim looked to Pie whose back is what's facing her. 'Looks like I'm an invisible person here. She talked to me earlier when we were talking with those people but now she's acting cold with me again. I don't know what to do now! I can't become sweet to her like before because I'll merely hurt her again giving false hopes because she might think I'm trying to win her back..' Kim put the pillow on her face. 'This is harder than I thought.. Should I just ask for her forgiveness then? Will she forgive me? I know she missed me and it made me feel glad when she said that subconsciously. Pie is only acting cold but the truth is I know I am still in her heart no matter how she pretends I mean nothing to her.. Even me couldn't deny that she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter