Arrival to Bangkok

Twist of Fate (KimPie) gxg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]ARRIVAL TO BANGKOK[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]KIM'S 20th BIRTHDAY

As expected it was merely a simple celebration. Her mom cooked her favorites dishes such as, Thai Papaya Salad, Shrimp Gambas garlic salad, Pad Krapow Moo Saap (Fried Basil and Pork), Gaeng Keow Wan Kai (Green Chicken Curry),Tom Kha Kai (Chicken in Coconut Soup) and some wines served. They will have a dinner along with Kim's close friends and others in the Buranaphan immense garden. Kim invited Zee and Jane to come over and they both came at the same time.

On both end of the long table seats Mr. and Mrs. Buranaphan facing each other. Kim is sitting near to her father next to her is Zee then Jane while on the opposite seats Peach, Yam and Nann. 

"What a pack of people on my daughter's birthday. Thank you everyone for coming over." Kim's dad said with a gratitude smile.

"Welcome sir.." Jane said shyly. Jane looks to Kim one seat apart from her, Zee in between them. "Happy Birthday Kimie."

Kim gazes to Jane and smiles. "Thanks Jane.."

"Happy Birthday baby! I love you!" her mom said.

"Thanks mom. Love you too." Kim replies.

"Enough that, let's eat first, shall we?" her dad interjecting them.

"Yes, dad."

So they ate and enjoyed the food. After dinner, everyone greeted Kim. Kim's parents let her spend some time with her friends.

*****

Yam looks very surprise after realizing Kim's real status in the society. "I never thought that you is...-- I can't imagine it, that you and Peach were rich kids and you are not a tom? How come? but seriously you look better and so much pretty being a girl Kim." Yam said in awe.

Kim chuckles. "Thanks Yam but we are still human, the only difference is we are living differently from the others. We have everything."

"Not everything Kim.. Remember many things money can't buy." Yam said in contrary.

"I know.." Kim agreed.

Peach came. "Hi girls. How's your chatting? May I join?" he said as he drapes his arm on Yam's shoulder.

"Aw.. So you're finally official?" Kim asked.

Yam nods shyly with a pursed smile.

"No way! You said yes to Peach? How did he made you say yes, Yam?" Kim asked teasing.

"Hey Kimhan, what do you think of me huh?" discomfort Peach said.

Yam laughs inwardly.

"Nothing Peach..." Kim said grinning. "Okay, I'll give the two of you some space.. I don't wanna be bitten by ants here!" she said in amusement then left the two.

Yam and Peach just laughed.

Kim went to Zee and Jane who seem talking from afar perch upon the garden bench like having a deep conversation. She approaches the two. "Hey hey hey Zee and Jane, what's up guys? How are you doing there? You guys look serious. What are you talking about?" Kim said.

Zee and Jane looked at her and they stood up. "Hi there Kimie. It was really nice seeing you again.. You look so different now. You are very feminine but you managed pretending as a tom, you convinced me." Jane said seems astonished.

"Err.. I'm sort of flattered." Kim replied.

"I never imagined how rich you are. Your richness was beyond my expectation. This garden could stand as a parking lot for more than fifty cars and your family mansion looks like a palace Kimie. I envy you, seriously.. You are way more richer than Pie... (Jane covered after slipping out Pie's name) Opps.. Sorry. I mustn't mention her.." solemn Jane said.

"Jane !" Zee utters warning her.

Kim's eyes becomes murky and she felt a squeeze in her heart after hearing the name of someone significant to her. The name tattooed in her heart. She fakes a smile. "It's okay guys.. I can manage."

Jane held her hand and squeezes it gently. "Kim.. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't remind about her I... ---

"How's Pie, Jane? How is she doing these past few months?" Kim finally asked cutting off.

Jane and Zee stared with each other as if their eyes talk then they look back to Kim. Jane let go of a sigh. "She's working so hard these days Kim but she doesn't look good at all. She easily gets mad with smaller things,her attitude is a bit meanie these days." Jane said lowly.

Kim took a deep breath.

"No.. I've seen Pie lately.. She's doing fine. Actually she looks good." Zee interrupted them and somewhat lying?

Jane nudges Zee..

"Sorry.." Zee whispers. Zee draped her arm on Kim's shoulder. "Anyway buddy, how's your training in learning about your family's businesses? How is it going?" Zee asked changing the subject.

"Satisfactorily." Kim answered.

"Good enough buddy." Zee replied.

"Yeah. And I will have to return to Bangkok after a few days." she revealed.

"Really?" surprised Jane asked.

Kim nodded as a response.

"Why?" Jane asked releasing Kim's hand.

"I have to be there for a business something whatever. Dad asked me to look after the situation on the shares he bought and he even asked me to manage that. I never dreamt of it but I will be the president.. What a heavy, serious, and everything tough role." she revealed eyes rolling.

"Not your father?" skeptic Zee asked.

Kim shakes her head. "Dad is way busier here in Chiang Mai. Mom's busy as well. Peach can't look after it because he has lots of work to do so Dad decided to give the position to me. Wish me luck guys!" Kim said seems lacking of confidence.

"Will you manage being the president? You are just twenty years old and inexperienced as others of the shareholders and board members are way older than you and having a better background. Aren't you intimidated?" Zee continues.

"I am so intimidated but what choice do I have? Nothing! I can't say no because I want to prove dad and mom I can do it even though I'm too young for this and less experienced. Another thing, I won't be alone because Nann will guide me, that's somewhat a relief. Well, I guess a little."

Zee looks to Nann whose sitting alone beside the dining busy chatting with someone in her phone. "I haven't seen her before. Is she a tom?" Zee asked as she stares on Nann's features.

Kim shook her head. "I don't know buddy. For all I know she's a girl and I heard she's got a boyfriend. She only likes to dress like that. She's not into wearing dresses and girly stuff. She's only a boyish one." Kim explains.

"Is she strict?" Jane asked.

Kim chuckles. "No Jane. She's nice. The truth is she's a cool gal. We used to play before when we were kids but after that her parents sent her abroad to study." Kim told them. "Wait guys.. I'll approach her." she continues.

"Okay Kim. Goodluck." Zee lastly said.

Kim seated on the other chair beside the dining. "Hi Nann." she greeted.

Nann looks at her. "Hi Kim." then looks to her phone again when it beeps like someone replied to her message.

"Long time no see." Kim said smiling.

"Yeah Kimhan. You've had grown up more prettier. Good for you." Nann said busy typing something on her phone.

"Thanks." She replied shyly.

Nann gazes back to her. "Ready for Bangkok? Your dad told me to instruct you there. But I won't stay in Bangkok for so long so you better focus Kim." she reminded.

"Oh.. Y-yes Nann. How long you'll stay in Bangkok then?"

"Two months. And within two months you must pay attention with everything." she added.

"Copy that Nann. Nice to see you again.."

"Same here Kimhan." Nann said finally smiling a little wider. "Happy Birthday! I haven't greeted you since I came. Sorry."

"No worries. I'm happy to see you again. I hope to work with you effectively."

"Try harder Kimhan." Nann sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter