I'm a real man, you know?

Between Friends

Jungkook:

"Hello?" He answers the phone sleepily.

"Jungkook?" A small voice asks through the phone.

"Yeah? Who's speaking?"

"It's Y/N."

"Oh hi, why didn't you just come-" He cuts himself off and is immediately awake. "Oh." She called me. "You're calling me?" He half states, half asks. "Like...calling me...like that note...kind of calling me?"
 

"Yes, the person is calling you Kook. That's why you can hear their voice on the other side of your phone." Jin answers, throwing a pillow. "If you're gonna talk, go elsewhere, huh? I need my beauty sleep."

"Give me a sec." He says into the phone as he creeps out of the room. "Uhh, actually, I'm hanging up." He ends the call and feels flustered. What should I do? He goes to your room and pauses outside the door, too anxious to knock. Do I look okay? He fiddles with his hair. Why am I being such a girl? ! My palms are sweaty. He wipes his hands on his shorts and readies himself.

~

Y/N:

What a jerk. He tells me to call him if I want to hookup and even leaves a note with his number AND a winky face, then he hangs up? Uggh, I knew this was a bad idea. I need some alcohol in my life. You get off your bed and open the door, nearly walking right into Jungkook's chest.

"Oh. What are you doing here?" You ask, looking up at him.

"Uh, I thought we should talk..." he says.

"Oh, don't worry. It was my fault for misunderstanding, I should have known it was a joke."

"What? No, it wasn't."

"Then why did you put the phone down?"

"I panicked." He gulps.

"Oh, so then, uh, would you like to come in?" You ask, opening the door.

"Yes please."

You sit down on the bed, and the silence that follows is unbearably deafening. You look at him, he looks away. He opens his mouth and then just shuts it again. You gather up the courage to speak and just then he looks up and starts to say something. You both laugh nervously.

"Um, we should probably make like some ground rules, right?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea." You say. "Number 1: Strictly no feelings allowed. This is just a physical sort of thing."

"Right. Number 2: No judging the other person."

"Number 3: It's not exclusive."

"Yeah." he adds, "So no hating or jealousy allowed. Number 4: You can't pressure the other person to go further than they want."

"Yeah...that's important. Um, was there-" A knock at the door interrupts you. "Come in!" you call.

Jimin sticks his head in by the door. "Uh, hey..." he trails off when he sees Jungkook. “Oh, never mind. I can come back another time."

"No, Hyung, I was leaving." Jungkook says to him. To you, he says, "Thanks for the pen." and rushes out.

"Pen, huh?" Jimin asks teasingly.

"It's nothing like that, silly." you lie. "What brings you by?"

"Oh. Uh, I hate to ask this but I have to be up early in the morning and Yoongi brought a girl over and I would go to Namjoon but he isn't alone either and there's no place by the others so I'm sleeping in the lounge but it’s really cold there...so, uh, do you have any spare bedding, please?"

"That's all? You made it sound like you were going to ask to climb in bed with me." You laugh.

"Can I? No, I'm kidding. Do you have any?"

"Yeah, sure." His eyes widen. "No, don't look at me like that. I meant about the bedding. But my couch folds out into a sleeper, why don't you just sleep here?"

"Oh no, I don't think that would be appropriate. It's okay, I can withstand the cold. I'm a real man, you know?" He says, beating his chest.

"Ppft!" You break out in laughter and get some blankets from the cupboard. "Sleep well, okay Jiminie?" You say, handing them to him and tugging his cheek.

"Yah! It's 'Oppa', not 'Jiminie'. What am I? A cricket? One day you'll see me as a man, I promise."

"Okay, I'll look forward to that day, but until then, goodnight Jiminie."

"Ugh! You'll see...anyway, thanks for the blankets, goodnight." He walks out, closing the door behind him.

~

Jimin:

"Hyung," He says to Namjoon at dinner. "Please get the heater in the living room fixed, I nearly died last night sleeping there."

"Hhm, okay. I'll call someone in the week." He replies.

"Oh yeah, it looks like you'll be sleeping there again tonight, 'cause that girl can't seem to get enough of me. Sorry." Yoongi says laughing.

" that . Y/N, I'm coming to sleep by you tonight."

"Do you want to die?" Taehyung asks, staring down his nose at him.

"Oppa, relax. I'm the one who said Jiminie can sleep in my room. He'll be on the sleeper couch, don't worry." You defend.

"Oppa? You know that he is the same age as me right?" Jimin asks you, to which you just laugh.

"So, I am older than her, why can't she call me Oppa?" Taehyung asks.

"Ugh, never mind. How is it you never understand anything?"

He shrugs Jimin off. "Oh well. Let's all watch a movie tonight? Since it’s the weekend?"

"We can't. We have to practice, remember we're going to the studio?" Jimin reminds him.

"We can watch when we come back."

"If we're still capable of doing anything besides sleeping after we come back then we didn't practice enough."

"What are you? The practice police?"

"Someone has to be, now eat up so we can leave."

~

Y/N:

After supper, Namjoon, Hoseok, Seokjin and Yoongi go clubbing together, Taehyung and Jimin go off to college, and Jungkook goes to the mall, leaving you at home by yourself. You take a shower, spend some time flipping through the TV channels while doing your nails, and then when you try reading a book, you get a text.

Can I come see you in a bit?
-Jungkook

Yeah, sure. You respond.

Okay, I'll be home in a few. I got some snacks and drinks.
Is there anything you want?

Just you. You read the message you just sent. ! Auto correct is a , a really, really dumb .

That was supposed to be 'just soju'. You text back quickly.

Of course it was ;)

Ahhhh! How does he do that? You think to yourself, his constant switch between cute and cocky reminding you of your first love.