Care to explain?

Between Friends

Jungkook:

"Please, sit down." You say, gesturing to the bed as you let him in. You sit opposite him, hugging a pillow to your chest. "What did you want to talk about?"

He remains standing and begins his apology. "What I did the other night...uh, pushing you into that sort of situation...I'm sorry. I was drunk and I should have thought about the circumstances and I was selfish and unfair to you, so I really am sorry."

"Yeah, you should be, it’s not good to just go around kissing girls when you're drunk, you know?" You scold sternly.

He bows deeply and responds, "I'm so sorry, is there anything I can do for you to forgive me?"

"Stop drinking."

"What?" How can she expect me not to drink?

"It’s the only way I can feel safe. How am I supposed to live here not knowing when you'll get it in your head to jump me?"

She’s serious?  "Right, of course. I won't drink from now on and I will work hard to regain your trust." He answers, bowing again. At that, you burst out laughing and throw the pillow at him.

"Dude, did you think I was being serious? How could you even agree to something so ridiculous?"

"Yeh?"

"I'm trying to tell you that it’s okay. Honestly, that night, I overreacted, besides I'm the one who kissed you, remember?"

"I kissed you first!"

"Are we really going to argue over who kissed who? Besides, I wouldn't exactly call what you did a kiss." You flash a smile.

"Right." He smiles back. "So are we good then?" He asks hopefully.

"Are you still gonna avoid me?"

"Uh, no, I think it would be awkward for everyone if we kept dodging each other."

"You're the only one who's been dodging anyone." You comment softly. "Although, I agree. Friends?" You ask with your head tilted and arms outstretched.

Do we have to hug?

"Friends." He confirms, hugging you awkwardly. 

"Gosh, that was way too cheesy." You comment, pulling away. "Let's never do that again, okay?"

He lets out a sigh of relief and nods. "You smell really good by the way."

You just stare blankly. Why would I say that? "Uh, I'm sensitive to smell, I didn't mean it in a weird way. Sorry."

"It’s okay, I know my scent drives men insane." You say, flipping your hair. Is she being serious? "That was a joke." You clarify.

"Ahh, ha-ha-ha." He stops and drops his head when you smirk. "Sorry."

You wave him off. "Whatever, have you gotten any action since the other night?"

"Oh. No. Uh, I think I need more practice first." You turn pale and he laughs. "Don't worry. I won't try anything," He says. "Unless you want me to." He winks as he walks out and closes the door behind him.

He hears you laugh and say to yourself, "What was that?"

~

Y/N:

"Good morning, sweetheart." Taehyung sings, as he sets down a mountain of french toast and opens the blinds in your room.

"Morning." you reply, still coming out of dreamland.

"How do you sleep so long? I struggle more than anyone else to wake up, but you put even me to shame." He says, munching on a slice of toast.

"Sleep is good for the soul." You reply between bites as he feeds you. "It's okay, I can feed myself." You say, picking up a slice of your own. "Where did you learn to make this, anyway? Last time I checked you couldn't even make a decent sandwich."

"Seokjin hyung." He lies down on your lap. "Plus, it's your favourite, so I have to know how, don't I?"

"Taehyung-ah?" You ask tentatively as you run your fingers through his hair.

He opens his eyes and looks up at you, "Huh?"

"Why are you so good to me?"

"Do you really need an answer?"

You nod. He sighs.

"Listen carefully, okay? I. Love. You. Got it?" He asks, with one eye open, flashing a finger heart. "Don't let it go to your head though. I'd still choose food over you any day."

"Aai, what will we do with you?" You ask, ruffling his hair again.

"Oh, I found this under your door." He says with a sly smile, taking a piece of paper out of his pocket. Clearing his throat, he starts reading, "'For a good time, call Jeon Jungkook' then there's a winky face next to his number." He shows the page to you, while making his eyebrows dance. "Care to explain?" He sits upright.

"Ahhh! What? I think he wants to hookup so he gets experience while I get, well, you know." You explain, giggling.

"Maybe you should give him that call, then." Does he really want me to?

"What? You're not opposed to the idea?"

"Well, I remember you before you started dating Inho and your appetite was quite healthy. I doubt that changed after you got a boyfriend who you could do stuff with all the time. You must be so frustrated."

"Oppa!" You scold.

"What? It's true! And it isn't like Kookie's asking for a relationship, plus he's a too. It's perfect. And frankly, he really needs to get rid of some of that tension he's keeping inside. Ugh, sometimes I feel sorry for Jin-hyung. The things he must suffer through." He shudders.

"What are you on about? You're supposed to tell me to make good decisions."

"It's different for us guys, okay? We get angry and even emotional, not to mention, lots of embarrassing things can happen, especially when you're sharing a room."

"Okay, you can stop there, please. Who is coming with to help move my stuff?" You ask, changing the topic.

"Will me and Namjoon-hyung be enough? You can call Jungkook and ask him to come and help too." He wiggles his eyebrows again.

"Yah!" You punch him on the arm.

"Okay. Just me and Hyung then."

~

The three of you drive up to the apartment and you open up, hoping Caitlin isn't there, but alas, life doesn't grant your wishes often. At least she looks miserable. "You're here for your things?" She asks.

"Yeah..."

"Well it took you long enough."

Out of her room, a disheveled Inho stumbles. "Y/N! Hi. Have you had enough time to think about us?"

"You're ridiculous, you know that?"

"What? You know she's just a hookup to me. I love you."

"Yeah, well I don't love you, and I was stupid to think that I did." You look at Caitlin. "We'll be done in about an hour."

You clear out all your belongings and move all the things you won't need to a storage facility. You didn't realise just how much of the stuff in the apartment was actually yours. Bloody leech! After seeing the two of them together today, you feel upset and angry and...frustrated. You think about what Taetae suggested earlier, up until now, you haven’t even considered it.

Sitting on your bed, you feel the crumpled paper in your pocket and seriously contemplate calling. "Jeon Jungkook..." You whisper to yourself. Your mind wanders back to the kiss, to how it felt to have someone want you, to how good it felt to be in control but still somewhat vulnerable. You’re tired of thinking, tired of being sensible, tired of making good decisions, tired of being alone.

" it."

You dial the number.