I couldn't help it

Between Friends

Y/N:

You close your room door and dive on to your bed, rolling around, not knowing what to do with yourself. You touch your lips, trying to recall what it felt like when Jimin pecked them, but the darned boy did it so fast that you barely felt those gorgeous plump lips of his.

We’ll have to fix that… You think naughtily to yourself and cover your eyes with your hands. The image of him intertwining your fingers with his after the movie flashes before your eyes and you examine your hands, which now feel different, as though being held in his warm grip had somehow altered them. You remember how the quiet beat of his heart beat increased gradually in pace, melting your own as it did. His scent that lingers on you -soft cologne mingled with soap and something spicy- fills your nose and mind as it wanders into every thought, completely inescapable.

You jump around on the bed while trying to decipher when you might have started liking him and drop your phone accidently. It having fallen underneath the bed, you sigh and climb off, blindly groping for it. You pull out what you think might be a vest along with the phone and when you get a proper look it, your giddy mood changes and you become sullen.

“.” You mumble. It’s a pair of Jungkook’s underwear. You hadn’t spared him a thought the entire day and are overwhelmed by the guilt you feel for going out and having a good time with Jimin. Knowing it’s probably a bad idea but going ahead with it anyway, you decide to return his underwear.

When you knock on the door to his room, Seokjin flings it open with a look of disdain, “He’s inside. I’m going to the kitchen.”

He leaves the room and you enter timidly. Jungkook is on the bed with his laptop and headphones plugged in. He looks up when you come in and doesn’t spare you a second glance, looking back down at the computer before you even get the chance to smile at him.

You place the folded underwear at the foot of the bed and turn to leave when he pulls the headphones off and speaks up, “Please don’t seek me out again. I know I can’t force you to have feelings for me so I’ll be polite when we’re around the others but I don’t want your pity and I have no interest in being your friend either.”

When you open your mouth to speak, he places the phones back on his head and you nod.

“Okay.” You manage, understanding his attitude but still struck by his harsh words. You pause at the door, hoping his music is still turned off, “It was never my intention to hurt you. Had I known you’d even liked me a little bit, I would have ended things a long time ago.”

You shut the door and he lets out a staggering breath, “I know.” He taps the play button and a solitary tear rolls slowly down his face, not getting very far before being quickly wiped away by the back of his hand.

~

“Morning Angel.” Jimin greets, embracing you and kissing your cheek.

“Morning.” You whisper, briefly taking comfort in his sure arms when you notice that he’s practically freezing, “Why are you so cold?” You ask, automatically placing your hands on his icy cheeks.

“Oh…ah, I decided to stretch while waiting for you.” He leans into your hands, absorbing their warmth as he wraps his arms tighter around you with a sly smirk, “Wanna warm me up?”

“Jiminie!” You exclaim, pulling your hands from his face.

“Jiminie?” He asks with wide eyes, placing your arms around his neck, “I thought we fixed that problem.” You giggle and stick your tongue out at him and he pulls you flush against himself, “What were you thinking of anyway? This is all I was asking for.”

“Of course it was.” You chuckle, standing on the tips of your toes.

“Can we skip today’s run?” He asks, talking into your hair.

“Rooftop?” You inquire.

~

You’re pleasantly surprised when you see your sanctuary lit up by miniature lanterns and when you sit down, realise that Jimin has replaced the old blanket you used to sit on with a newer one.

“So this is why you were cold?” You ask, curious as to when he managed to prepare everything.

He smiles a lopsided grin and out of a backpack he brought up with him, he pulls a slightly crumpled, but still pretty, bouquet of flowers, “I should have had these when we met yesterday, but I only thought of it afterward.” He mentions, handing them to you.

“Oh Oppa!” You gasp, taking in their scent and thanking him with your eyes.

Next, he pulls out a flask and two mugs and pours steaming coffee into them, offering you one and you set the flowers down beside you, taking it with both hands. He puts his own mug down and moves so that he’s positioned behind you, with one leg on either side of you. He shrugs a blanket over his shoulders and you raise your arms so he can cover your knees. You lean into him as he drapes an arm around your waist and the two of you quietly sip on the warm liquid as you wait for the sun to show herself.

“I’ve wanted to do this for so long.” He admits and then brushes your hair aside and softly kisses the back of your neck, letting his lips linger for no longer than a second.

“Really?” You ask, turning a little to look at him, his face so close that you can feel every breath he takes.

“Mhmh.” He sounds in a low tone, smiling sheepishly. Your eyes flit to the lips that so gently caressed your neck, causing him to bite down on the lower of the two. He your cheek with his thumb and touches his lips to yours. You look at each other and smile briefly before doing the same thing again, and again, slightly longer each time. Your mouth gives way to his and he pulls you closer, deepening the kiss. When he teases you with his tongue, you grasp the knee of his track pants to swivel your body around and can feel him grinning at the action. Nonetheless, he lifts you over his legs and sits you down on top of him, his lips not once leaving yours. Now with your hands in his hair and his pressing you impossibly close to him, his hot, full mouth envelopes yours and you move in time with him, the sweet kiss becoming urgent and passionate.

You completely miss the sunrise, the sky well-lit when the pair of you pause and look around. The blanket had, at some point, fallen off the roof and lays damp in the snow.

“We should probably go down.” Jimin murmurs at your ear, nibbling it softly, “Everyone else is probably waking up now.”

You roll your eyes and reluctantly nod, reaching up to his mouth once more.

~

“Why is our timing so ed?” Jimin asks, shaking his head after having wolfed down the omelette you prepared. He gets up and refills your glass with juice before doing the same for himself and sits back down, grabbing the sides of your barstool and dragging you, along with the chair, closer to him. He places his feet on the footrest of your chair, on either side of yours and continues speaking, “Now we have to go home and I won’t get to start my days off with your just-woke-up-totally-adorable smile.”

You cluck your tongue, “We’ll just have to make the most of the next two days.”

“Is this permission to stay glued to you?” He asks, leaning in and wriggling his eyebrows.

“Who’s staying glued to who?” Yoongi asks, walking into the kitchen, Hoseok not far behind. He takes in the way you’re sitting, practically on top of each other and chuckles at Jimin’s hand on your knee, “Jagiya,” Yoongi says to Hoseok while pouring sachets of instant coffee into mugs, “It looks like we’re not the only ones with a secret.”

“Hyung!” Jimin scolds, alarmed at how freely they’re speaking.

“What?” Both boys ask him, and he starts making ridiculous, nonsensical hand signals.

“Oh, it’s okay, she knows.” Hoseok waves him off, having somehow understood what Jimin was trying to communicate. “Besides, we’re gonna tell everyone at the barbeque this afternoon.”

“When did this happen though?” Yoongi gestures to the pair of you and directs his words at you, “Just the other day, you were all up in Jungkook’s grill…” He looks at Jimin, “I actually started feeling sorry for you.”

“What?” Jimin asks in disbelief.

“I couldn’t help it; you were so…conflicted?” He explains, scratching his hair and recalling something, chuckles to himself, “Remember that night you were mumbling her name in your sleep and then you fell off the bed right on to your-” Hoseok squeezes his shoulder and he stops, clearing his throat when he realises the look of horror on Jimin’s face, “Anyway, I take it that ‘do-over’ thing went well?”

You smile up at the boy, trying to hold in your laughter, “Uh-huh. Very well.”

~

Taehyung:

You fill a vase with water and arrange the bouquet given to you by Jimin in the morning, placing it next to your bed. Leaving one flower behind so you can press it, you try to get one of your old textbooks down from the top of your cupboard and the book nearly falls on your head, caught just in time by Taehyung who somehow managed to sneak into your room without you noticing.

“Oh, Taetae!” You greet, glad that the boy appeared when he did, “Hi.”

“Hi.” He says, tossing the book on your bed along with himself with a look of disgust, putting as much space between him and it, “What are you doing with that thing?”

You chuckle, “Well I’m not gonna read it, that’s for sure.” You plop down on, opening the book and picking up the pink flower, “I wanted to press this.”

“You still do that?” He asks, chuckling, straightening out your leg and propping it up on his to massage your foot, “Remember when we were small, you pressed every flower I picked for you?”

“And my dad would get upset because I used his encyclopaedias to do it?” You ask, recalling the stint while fiddling with the petals, “There’s no way I could forget that.”

He scrunches up his face as he watches you struggle, “What made you buy flowers anyway? It’s almost time to go home.”

“Oh, I didn’t. Jimin-Oppa got them for me,” You explain, not paying much attention to what you’re saying, more focused on spreading the petals prettily, “That’s why I’m doing this.”

Why the would he get her- Did she just say Oppa?

“Jimin-Oppa?” He asks, and now happy with the layout, you smile and shut the book closed.

“Yup.” You say, looking up at your best friend. “You guys are close, right?”

But she makes a point of not calling him that.

“Me and Jimin?” He asks, looking back down at your foot and you nod, awaiting his answer, “Well, yeah…why?”

You chew the inside of your cheek, “If things changed…between him and me…would you be opposed to it?”

His head snaps up and he stops what he’s doing, “What? Changed how?”

“You know…like if we were more than friends.” You explain, twiddling your thumbs.

“Like you and Jungkook?” He stares intensely at you.

“Uh…no.” You answer.

ing hell. When did this happen?

He closes his eyes and rolls his lips inward, his mouth forming a thin pale line. You shift your weight uncomfortably, about to say something when your door is violently swung open by a merry Jimin, “Jag- Oh. Taehyung.” He eyes the boy whose legs your foot is wedged between and coughs once, “Angel Cakes, they’re ready to start.”

“Give me a sec?” You ask delicately, retracting your leg.

Taehyung looks down at his now empty hands and laughs dryly as Jimin reluctantly starts closing the door, “A second for what?” He climbs off the bed and pulls you up with a smile, “Come on, we can’t have your new Oppa worrying.”