I wonder what it tastes like...

Between Friends

With tears springing to your eyes and your hand wrapped tightly over your mouth in an attempt to hold everything you're feeling in, you do your best to exit the place as quietly as you entered.

Finally outside, you rush to your car and just sit, staring blankly ahead for a while, putting the pieces together. My Inho is with my best friend, on my living room floor, in my apartment. !

Wanting to drive around for a bit until you calm down and can go back and confront them without crying, you turn on the car and immediately regret it as Bigbang's 'Loser' starts playing and you burst into tears. Driving with blurry vision and your mind replaying the moment you walked in on them like a gif, you eventually find yourself parked outside Taehyung's place.

You ring the doorbell and knock on the door, hoping he's home as you stand alone in the cold. You tell yourself you won't cry, but as soon as you hear footsteps approaching the door, your chest heaves and you practically throw yourself into the arms of the guy who opens up.

"Oppa!" You cry into his chest.

"Ahh, I knew you'd come around to my charms one day."

You freeze instantly in his arms and pull your head back to look at his face. "Kim Namjoon?"

"Hey beautiful," he replies with a wink, "you okay?"

Suddenly, he gets pushed into the wall. "Yahh! Can you not flirt right now?" Taehyung turns his attention to you and pulls you into his arms, kissing the top of your head. "Come inside, we'll make some hot chocolate and you can tell me what happened when you're ready, okay?"

Once your crying is somewhat under control, he sits you down on a barstool in the kitchen and Namjoon brings the hot chocolate over, both of them waiting for you to say something.

"Hyung?" Taehyung asks.

"Mmh?" The older boy replies.

"Get lost for a while, please?"

"No, no. He doesn't have to leave," You interrupt, taking hold of Namjoon's hand.

You explain the situation to them and when they offer to beat Inho up, you try to laugh and ask them to at least hold off until you have a chance to confront him.

They agree and then in an attempt to cheer you up, the pair start showing off their fighting skills -which are appalling, by the way- and Namjoon manages to spear Taehyung into you, knocking your chin and spilling the drink all over your dress.

"Ahh, ! I'm so sorry, Y/N."

"Go shower, you'll have to wash up before bed anyway. I'll get you a fresh towel and something to sleep in so long." Taehyung suggests.

"Huh?" You ask, wondering if you missed something.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you go back to that for a while. One of our housemates moved out so there's a spare room you can stay in, don't worry."

"Oh. Won't the others mind though?"

"Don't be silly. It's my house so they can't do anything anyway. Go, shower." Namjoon answers coolly.

After you shower and change into one of his shirts, Taehyung leads you to the guest room and helps settle you in.

"Try to get some sleep, okay? He isn't worth your tears." He says, wiping away a tear that managed to escape.

"Taehyung-ah, can you stay with me for a while? I don't want to be alone."

He sits behind you, wrapping himself around you and resting his chin on your shoulder. "I'll stay as long as you need."

For a while, you just sit in silence. "You know, talking helps and I might be wrong, but I don't think you got everything off your chest before."

You sigh, "You know me too well for my own good. But I don't think that it's something I'm ready to say out loud." You turn to meet his eyes, hoping he reads between the lines.

"You're in love with him?" He asks quietly.

More silence. He looks down.

"Then, did you guys..."

"No, but I was going to... I even got the condoms," You say, turning your body to face him while reaching into your bag and throwing them on the bed with a heavy sigh. "I-I thought we'd do it tonight if everything went well with my presentation...I guess in some twisted way I was kinda lucky to have found out before I went through with it, huh?"

"Oh sweety, I'm so sorry." His voice breaks as he puts you on his lap like a child and rubs your back.

Trying to break the gloomy atmosphere, you say, "You can take the rubbers if you want, they're flavoured, you know?"

He chuckles darkly, "Really? In that case, I'll gladly take them." He says, reaching over to inspect the box. "I wonder what it tastes like...strawberry" he reads, ripping one open.

"Tae Tae, I don't think that's a good ide-" He it.

"Oh hell! Eww. No thank you." He fake gags with his tongue out while you laugh. "Yahh! Don't laugh at me." He scolds, poking you in the ribs.

"But why would you put that in your mouth?"

"Well, I've never tasted one." Then, with a glint in his eye. "Why don't you try?"

You pull your head away, "Uh-uh, I'm good."

"You sure? It's really not that bad once you get past the plastic taste, its actually quite nice." He says, trying to convince you while shoving it in your face. You manage to wriggle out of his arms and try to run away.

Since there's not much place to run in the room, he catches and dumps you on the bed, sitting on top of you while trying to pry your hands away from your mouth. After struggling for a while, he gets off you and scratches his head. You let your guard down and its then he pounces, tickling you and taking full advantage when you yelp. Laughing, he rolls off you and lays back with his hands behind his head and a smug look on his face.

"Tastes good, huh?" He asks, winking as you spit the vile thing out.

"Seriously dude?" He just smirks and pats the space next to him.

You lie down next to him and for the next few hours you spoke about everything and nothing and actually managed to forget about how f'd up things were for a while, falling soundly asleep in his arms.

In the morning, you awake alone and find a note along with a toothbrush and some headache pills.

So you woke up, mmh? 
I thought you might need these. 
Make yourself at home, okay?

You sigh heavily. Why couldn't I have fallen for someone like you Tae?