It's nothing.

Between Friends

Y/N:

The days pass at a gruelling pace and you feel bad toward Jimin every time you talk to him or think about him, waking up from the same dream every morning since he’d left that day. Dreams don’t usually mean much to you, but somehow this one gets under your skin, so you always push it to some far-out corner of your mind, knowing the man who rocks you so well isn’t him, though the identity of this ‘dream guy’ continues to elude you.

As if the dream wasn’t bothersome enough, you’re really regretting deciding to stay with Taehyung for these two weeks, struggling to spend time alone with him, at times pretending to be busy or making plans with old friends you don’t actually care for anymore just to get out of the house. You know it’s childish to avoid him like that, especially over a small confession from years ago, but when you’re faced with him, you can’t help but think about the past times, when you believed you were the only one feeling for him and you end up reading more into his actions both then and now, and wonder about why he’d never made a move to make you his girlfriend, knowing how obvious your feelings were.

When you see him, part of you wants to yell, another wants to cry, to run away and still another wants to just talk about all of it, asking every question on your mind to get clarity on when, why, how long and how deeply he felt for you, and why he insisted on breaking your heart if he did; but the last part, the part that keeps you from doing any of it, is simply afraid. Afraid of what he’d say, how he’d react, afraid of why any of these things bother you and ultimately, that you’ll find another part of you, one that’s hopeful.

~

When Wednesday eventually rolls around, you leave early in the morning with Taehyung’s father who drops you off at the train station. The drive over is quiet, though not uncomfortably so and when he stops the car, he speaks up, “I hope you enjoy your day.”

“Thank you. I hope you do too.” You say with a smile, hand on the door handle, about to get out.

“I know it’s not really my place but… I noticed you and Taehyung seem off.” He says, scratching his head. You sit back and wait for him to continue.

“You’re probably just getting bored of being stuck with him all week, huh?” He chuckles awkwardly and you just smile, not knowing what to say. “I hope you’re not having problems… I’m sure you know he’ll never hurt you intentionally, right?” He clears his throat, “But if he does, just tell me and I’ll be the first to set him straight.” He says jokingly, waving his fist about.

You laugh lightly, “Don’t worry, I think we’re just suffering from a bit of cabin fever. We’ll be fine.”

He nods and smiles, “Well, enjoy your time with your friends, just text me this evening when you’re close to the station and I’ll come pick you up, okay?”

You nod and climb out, “Thank you so much, I’ll see you this evening.”

~

The train ride seems to stretch on forever and there’s not much to do but think. Right now, that’s the last thing you want to do and thankfully, before you can go down the rabbit hole, Jimin starts hitting up your phone.

Morning Angel, are you on your way yet? Comes his text with a welcomed ‘Ping!’

Just boarded the train😊 You answer quickly.

Great! I’ll be waiting at the station when you come… Is it weird that I’m excited you’ll be in my hometown?

You smile at the message and automatically reply, I’ve missed you.

You start worrying when there’s no immediate response but before you can fret too much, your phone screen lights up, as does your face.

Wah… What’s gotten into you? I miss you too <3

You keep chatting until you finally make it to Busan and just as he said, he’s waiting, rocking on his heels with a bouquet of flowers in hand as you get off the train.

“Oppa!” You call, waving to him as you approach.

“Angel Cakes…” He greets, squeezing you as you embrace him.

He hands you the flowers and you smile down at them, “You know you don’t have to get me flowers every time we meet, right?”

“But you like flowers.” He states, taking you by the hand.

“They’re expensive though… Besides, there’s something else I’d prefer.”

“Really?” He asks, looking down at you, “Well, what is it?”

You smile brightly, “A kiss.”

He rolls his eyes and chuckles, “Well it’s a good thing I can give you hundreds of those anytime then, isn’t it?”

“Then why don’t you?” You ask, pouting.

You cross the busy road together and he asks, looking around on the other side, “Now?”

You try to seem nonchalant, “Well… If you want to… I guess…”

He shakes his head and leads you off to where there doesn’t seem to be anyone. He moves his hands to your hips and pulls you close as he backs you up against the wall before dipping his head, lips hovering just above yours as he teases. “Sorry Angel? I didn’t quite get your answer…” He smirks, “What with all that noise back there…”

You shrug, trying to look anywhere but at his mouth, “Uhm, well… Since we’re here…”

He presses his forehead to yours and chuckles breathily, pushing your hair behind your ear, “Uh huh?”

“Park Jimin…” You whine, tugging at his coat.

He chuckles and leans into you, barely brushing his mouth over yours, making you catch his full lower lip between your teeth and softly pull him back to you.

“Please.” You ask earnestly, pressing yourself to him and looking into his eyes.

“ Angel, if you ask like that…” He searches your face quickly and pins your arms above your head with one hand before so lustfully kissing you, and you don’t think twice before losing yourself in his rough kiss, not caring that you’re into his mouth and that he moves so forcefully against you, filling you with an overwhelming heat and need for more before he abruptly pulls away.

“Angel.” He rasps, looking down his nose at you as he catches his breath, “Is everything okay?”

You nod with a smile, trying to kiss him again, “Of course.”

He pulls away, “Are you sure?”

“Yes. I just really needed that.”

“Why?” He asks, still pinning your arms.

“Just because…” You close your eyes, “I’ve been feeling kinda…” You want to tell him about your bad dream but decide that you can’t really, so you just say, “...restless lately, you know?”

“Restless?” He asks with a smirk.

You nod again and look down, “I’ve even been having these weird dreams and I wake up feeling so…”

“Thirsty?” He offers and you blush, as it is somewhat true, though you don’t want to admit it.

He smirks and kisses you again, just as passionately, this time allowing you to have your way with him. When you break off the kiss, he takes your hand again and kisses the top of it before walking out to the busy street again as if nothing happened.

“How’s Tae doing?” He asks after some time.

“Taetae?” You sigh and stare into the distance, “Actually… After you left the other day, we spoke a little and he ended up giving us his blessing in a way… I mean, we really don’t need it, but I value his opinion and it is nice to know that he’s not opposed to us being together, I guess.”

“That’s great then.” He smiles, squeezing your hand.

~

Hoseok:

Unable to fathom the events of the past few days, Hoseok sits at the desk in his room staring blankly at Suran’s sleeping figure in his bed with a single thought ringing in his head:

How the hell did we get here?

A soft knock at his door disturbs the single thought from going through his head yet again and makes him look up. His sister peers in and gestures for him to join her. He nods and puts the baby book he was trying to read down, following Dawon into her bedroom.

“How’re you holding up?” She asks, tossing him a pillow as she crawls back into her bed.

He climbs under the covers and sits opposite her, his answer nothing but a shrug.

“Come on Hoseok…” She nudges him with her foot, “You need to talk to someone.”

“Noona… I don’t even know what to say.”

She sighs, “Okay then… In that case is it fine if I ask you some questions?”

He shrugs again to which she just nods.

“Well, there’s no point in pussyfooting around, so… How do you feel about Suran being here?” She asks quietly.

“I don’t know…” He sighs and rubs his face, “I mean I’m glad that I get to monitor things with the baby a bit better and I can be here for Suran but…” He sighs again, “She’s… This… This whole thing with Eomma being like this… Neither of us want that.”

“You mean with them wanting you to get married?” She asks delicately.

Hoseok nods, “Yeah… I don’t see why we have to just because we’re having the baby.” He leans forward, “I know it’s important for her to have both parents and a stable family growing up, but if we can’t love each other, we’ll probably just get frustrated and fight all the time. Wouldn’t that be more damaging to her? We can still both love her and care for her if we’re not married, it’s not like I expect Suran to take care of her alone.”

She twirls her hair, examining the ends, “I get where you’re coming from Hoseokie, but you also have to consider how people will treat her, you know… They can be pretty mean and if the kids at school find out, they might bully her, especially if you’re with Yoongi or, maybe with some other man in the future.”

He’s taken aback at her words, especially the last part, and she quickly adds, “I’m just saying. You do need to think about it. I accept you as you are and I understand that you really don’t want to get married to her -I’m sure our parents do too- but people are still very small-minded here and your baby might end up getting hurt.”

He closes his eyes and runs a hand through his hair, “That’s the last thing I want to do. To hurt her, I mean.”

She nods, “I know… Have you guys talked about this properly yet? You and Suran.”

“Yeah, we actually spent most of the night talking, we only fell asleep a few hours ago.” He yawns, “She thinks maybe we should live together next year, which I don’t mind, it will be easier to raise the baby that way and will give her some level of stability, so yeah… That’s kinda what I’m leaning towards at the moment. I just don’t know how we’re supposed to convince Eomma and Appa about that, you know? And then of course, I’ll have to tell Yoongi which is probably not going to be easy either…”

“It’ll all work out for the best… You’ll find a way to make it work and also… Remember in the future that whatever you decided to do now would have been the best decision you could have made, given what you had and how you felt at the time... And there’s nothing wrong with that.” She smiles at her brother before looking like she’s going to burst with laughter.

“What?” Hoseok asks.

“It’s nothing.” She replies, still seemingly amused.

“What is it?” He presses. “I can see you want to say something.”

She giggles, “I’m just trying to imagine how this went down… Like isn’t it against the rules to sleep with your vocal trainer?”

He throws a pillow at her, “Really Noona? You’ve just ruined the moment. I had so much respect for you for a few seconds there…” He sighs with a smile, trying to look disappointed, “And she isn’t even my vocal trainer. I don’t even have a vocal trainer. I’m a dancer. Don’t you know that?”

She shrugs, “Don’t you have to take singing lessons though?”

He shakes his head with a scowl, “You should be ashamed of yourself.”

“Well then, how did you end up with this mysterious older woman?”

“Yoongi’s in producing. They met behind the scenes of some college thing. She was always around after that and then we got drunk and here we are. Does that answer your question?”

“It sounds like there’s way, way, more to that story… But its fine.” She sniffles and fake sobs, “I guess you don’t trust me with your secrets as much as I trust you. I’ll just have to do the same from now on.”

“Finally.” He says with a chuckle, getting up. “Now I don’t have to hear about how flexible you are every time you meet a new guy.”

“Hoseok!” She chides.

“I’m gonna get ready for work.” He pauses before closing the door, “Thanks for the talk, Sis.”

~

Y/N:

You spend the day with Jimin, happy just to be with him and that he walks hand in hand, so freely in his hometown, not caring who sees the two of you together. He stops off at home and gives you a small tour of his house, mostly his room where the two of you catch up properly and thereafter, he takes you for brunch and sightseeing a little, as you’d never really spent much time in Busan before.

The day has a different kind of feeling and although you’re enjoying your time with him, you can’t help but feel fidgety and hyperaware of everything that’s going on around you. You try to fight the odd, somewhat detached feeling and remain present in the moment with Jimin, but today something just feels off.

You’re pretty much angry with yourself when you realise that it’s time for you to leave already and you’re a bit sulky on the way over to the train station.

“You know how much I like you, right?” Jimin asks, caressing your face before letting you go.

“I really like you too.” You pout and sigh, “I wish I didn’t have to go back already.”

“Me too.” He pecks your forehead and gives a small smile. “You should probably get going before your train leaves though.”

You scrunch up your nose and wrap your arms around him one last time, squeezing him tightly, “I’ll see you soon, okay?”

“Of course, Babe…” He moves back to look at you and swings your hands in his loosely before letting go, “Take your time figuring out what’s going on in that cute little head of yours, okay?”

“What?” You ask as the final call for your train sounds through the station.

“You should get your train. Thanks for spending the day with me, Angel.”

He shoos you into the train and you reluctantly climb on, feeling downright awful about leaving like that. He winks coolly and waves goodbye, sticking his hands into his pockets and sighing, watching you disappear from his sight as the train moves off.