You're very dangerous

Between Friends

AN: Sorry if this chapter isn't really good, university is hectic at the moment, plus this comeback has me Jungshook!

Y/N:

You’re worried about Taehyung’s reaction to the news you just dropped and struggle to believe his sudden cheeriness but you know him well enough not to push further and instead walk to the door with him.

“Everything good?” Jimin asks, picking up on the strange mood.

“Of course.” Taehyung chirps, walking ahead.

Jimin looks at you with a question in his eyes and you shake your head. You thread your pinkie through his and he swings your joined hands back and forth as you walk down the corridor.

Outside, you let go of each other’s hands and Namjoon calls him over. You smile and take a few steps in Taehyung’s direction but he turns his back to you and pretends to be busy on his phone, so you walk over to Hoseok who’s bouncing around nervously.

“My palms are so sweaty.” He whispers to you.

You squeeze his arm, hoping to impart some courage, “It’s gonna be fine.”

Yoongi, who’s been helping Seokjin prepare the barbeque, sits down and orders everyone to do the same, complaining about how nothing is going his way. He tugs on Hoseok’s shirt a few times but when he doesn’t stop talking to you, Yoongi yanks him down. You laugh and move to sit next to him but Yoongi protests, “No-no. You guys are gonna make too much noise.” You pout and he winks at you, sighing as he says, “Jimin, come sit here please.”

Jimin, who was about to sit between Namjoon and Seokjin, looks up, trying not to smile as he walks over. Hoseok scoots closer to Yoongi and he plonks himself down in the open space, still trying to hold back his grin.

“So...everyone before we dig in...” Yoongi starts awkwardly, “Ah. So there's something that I want to explain.”

You can all see how nervous he is so rather than rushing him, everyone waits with baited breath before he says anything.

“Um...last year,” He wipes his palms on the knees of his jeans and starts picking at the ripped material, “So last year, things started changing for me. You know, I moved in here and we all kind of became good friends. And some of us became closer than others, right?”

"Yeah..." One of the boys answers.

He runs a hand through his hair and nods, his eyes flitting to Hoseok, “So back when we used to be roommates, Hoseok and I got really close...and well, some went down. But at the time…” He scratches his hair, “Uh, so that's why we changed rooms and whatnot...but anyway, I suppose you guys don't need to know everything. I don’t know if you can understand what I’m trying to say but, we just thought it’s important because we all live together so basically we wanted to let you know that we are, you know, together…like a couple,” Hoseok slips his fingers through Yoongi's and he smiles and glances at him, tearing his eyes away when he continues, “And we hope you guys will be able to accept that.”

“So you guys are in love?” Namjoon asks in the silence following Yoongi’s announcement.

Hoseok nods and answers, “I know it's a lot to take in but if you guys could try to understand...”

“What were you expecting though?” Namjoon asks defensively and Yoongi sits up straight, “I mean, how could you approach it like that?” Namjoon smiles mischievously, “The atmosphere was so heavy; I thought for sure you were going to tell us you have a terminal illness or something.”

Yoongi slouches again with a puzzled look on his face, “Yah! I’ve always had a girl in my bed, now I’m just supposed to tell everyone I’m madly in love with a guy? And he is actually our friend that lives with us?”

Namjoon just shrugs, “But isn’t this something we all knew already?”

They just look at him with dumbfounded expressions.

“You’re always disappearing and reappearing together, besides…” He giggles with a sly look, “I’m sure we’ve all walked in on you guys at some point or another.”

“You’ve walked in on us?” Hoseok asks while Yoongi buries his face in his hands.

“Well hello, when you go out with two of your friends and you already feel like a third wheel, then they ditch you and you go to the bathroom and see them coming out of the same stall, isn’t it kind of obvious?”

Seokjin laughs and adds, “Yeah guys…you’re not very discreet.”

As you recall the night the two of you came back from the club early, your eyes find Jungkook’s resting on you. He quickly looks away and clears his throat, “Congrats guys.” He winks, lifting his glass to them.

You can see the wave of relief wash over Hoseok and Yoongi as they start realising that no one is opposed to them and you get up to squeeze the pair tightly. You nearly bump right into Jungkook's chest as he comes around to shake their hands and he just looks over your head and moves you out of the way. Once again, as if you weren’t already feeling bad enough, you feel a twinge of guilt over the way things had happened and to add to it, Taehyung spends the whole barbeque being overly animated and makes a point of ignoring you, sitting as far away as possible and not even throwing a glance your way once. You try to keep up a cheerful outlook but struggle and start downing your drinks.

This day should be so great. Yoongi and Hoseok are finally openly together …Jimin and I watched our first sunrise as a couple, had our first kiss, he even gave me flowers…and yet, why do I feel like ?

“Angel, eat this.” Jimin encourages, realising you’re past the starting line.

You shake your head and take another drink.

“It will make you feel better.”

You sigh, wishing that it actually could but open your mouth anyway just to please him. Jimin looks around to make sure no one is paying attention before quickly popping the samgyeopsal into your mouth and you smile weakly at him.

“Can we watch the sunset later?” You ask, pouring him a drink.

He smiles and you can tell he’s thinking of the sunrise you paid no attention to in the morning. Despite how you feel, it makes you blush and joke, “I’d actually like to see the sky this time.”

He rolls his eyes, “I know, right? It’s so annoying when people distract you.”

“So we’ll watch it then?”

He nods and clinks glasses with you.

After some time and one too many drinks, you go to the bathroom, needing to freshen up so you mumble something resembling an apology for leaving although no one notices, all absorbed in discussing plans for the holiday. You stand up too quickly and sway slightly. After steadying yourself, you make your way to the bathroom, wetting your face with cold water, relishing the painful sting that seeps into your scorching cheeks. The freezing liquid gets into your eyes and burns them, suddenly making your chest heave and you have to bite back the overwhelming urge to cry.

You stumble backward and bump into the bathtub, catching yourself before you fall in. You slump down against the chilly edge and then decide to just climb in and sober up a little, not wanting to go back and be ignored by your best friend just then. You lie on your stomach in the tub, letting the cool surface extract the heat from your body, simultaneously comforting you while you scold yourself for being oblivious to Jungkook’s feelings, cursing Taehyung for his reaction and behaviour and beating yourself up for not being able to understand him–the one person you always thought you did.

~

Eventually, you pull yourself together and roll over on to your back, now chilling in the empty bath, you look back at the events of the past few months.

I’m sure Taehyung is just worried that I’m rushing into this…He’ll come around in a few days.

The door opens and you freeze in a corpse-like position with your arms folded over your chest. Jimin walks in singing and laughs at his reflection as he stands in front of the mirror. You delight in how cute he looks when he notices his crimson cheeks and he chuckles and shakes his head, opening the tap to splash his face. You don’t want to disturb him and instead watch quietly, completely captivated by him, so much so that it’s almost too late before you realise he’s ping his pants.

You gasp and shut your eyes quickly, not wanting to see anything you’re not meant to.

“Angel?” He asks in a high-pitched tone.

You wave with one hand sticking out over the top of the bath and the other over your eyes. When you hear his zipper go up and him stepping up to the bath, you sit up and remove your hand. You slowly open your eyes and find him sitting on his haunches in right front of you with his head cocked to the side and eyes wide as he blinks comically. You laugh at the action and he smiles, “What are you doing in there?”

“I don’t even know.” You say, shaking your head.

He motions for you to move over and climbs in, “Ahh, it’s nice and cold.” He presses his pink cheek against the tiled wall and looks at you, arching his brow, “I can’t believe we have to go out tonight.”

“Why not? It’s the last night we all have together.”

He cries out and starts fake sobbing, cradling his head in his hands, “It’s gonna be too frustrating.” He looks up suddenly, as if getting an idea, “Wear lots of clothes, okay? Don’t even show your ankles.”

“My ankles?” You ask, giggling at his flattery.

He nods vigorously with a goofy smile.

“These ankles?” You extend your leg and pull your jeans up, exposing your forbidden ankle.

“Hajima!” He gasps and looks away, “Quickly cover them!”

You giggle mischievously and he asks, turning his face to check, “Did you put it away?”

“Aah-nii…” You sing teasingly, dangling your legs over the edge of the bath.

He sighs heavily and shakes his head, letting his eyes roll closed, “Angel…I’m a very sensitive man. You can’t just go around doing such dangerous things.”

“Dangerous?” You ask, shifting closer to him.

“Mmh. You’re very dangerous.”

“Does this count as dangerous?” You push, reaching up to kiss his cheek. He purposefully turns his head right before you plant your kiss and your lips touch.

“See, now you’ve infected me with your dangerousness.” He complains, laughing.

“Oops?” You offer.

“Oops? Oops?” He starts tickling you, “Wah…you’re not even going to try and take it back?”

“Take what back?” You ask between giggles, wriggling away from him.

“Your dangerousness. You’ve infected me, now you have to fix it.”

“Oh…” You look up at him and quickly peck his lips, “Did that work?”

“I don’t know…I still feel dangerous.” He his chin, “Maybe try again?”

You’re more than willing to oblige and when you do, he excitedly moves closer to you, “I think its working, keep going.”

You crack up and peck him over and over again, he rests his hand on your hip, angling you toward him as he tries to deepen the kiss.

You giggle and pull away when he does, “Are you sure this is helping? If anything, I think you feel more dangerous now.”

“That’s precisely why we need to keep on, it’s spreading through my system, you see?” He tries to convince you, “If we don’t act quickly, I’ll get completely infected.”

~

As promised, he watches the sunset with you. You rest your head on his shoulder and neither of you say anything, enjoying the comfortable silence as the sky fades to darkness, remaining that way even long after the sun has made her exit.

“I’m going to miss you.” You sigh.

He takes your hand and the top of it with his thumb, “Me too, but we’ll see each other. We can do a day trip and I’ll visit you as much as I can.” You nod and lean more heavily into him as he draws you closer. “Plus, we still have tomorrow and tonight…”

“Right, let’s have fun tonight.” You smile up at him, “Okay?”