Don't do anything.

Between Friends

"Are you okay?" A figure emerges from one of the bedrooms. "I'm sorry for letting him in, I thought since he was your boyfriend it would be okay."

"Oh, yeah." You say tiredly to the familiar face. "Sorry for all the drama. I didn't know anyone else was here."

"Don't worry about it, I won't tell." Hoseok says, crouching down beside you. "It's been a while since I've seen you, I was so excited when Tae said you'd be staying for a few days. How about we catch up with a drink? You look like you could use one."

You smile weakly at him. "Definitely."

He gets out a couple of bottles of soju and starts pouring when a guy walks into the living area, stretching -completely - with earphones in, not even seeing you and Hoseok. With rounded eyes, you can do nothing but stare at the man while Hoseok yells, trying to get his attention. When he opens his eyes and starts speaking, notices you and casually covers his family jewels.

"Y/N! When did you get here?"

"Hey Yoongi," You manage, barely able to look at him. "I came yesterday. I was wondering where you were."

"Yesterday?" Looking you over, he asks, his head bobbing between the two of you, "Then did you guys..."

"What? No. Dude, come on, you know it's not like that." Hoseok says.

"Oh, relax. It was just a question." He says, raising his hands defensively. "Oh ." He quickly covers his junk again. "I don't normally wear clothes around the house, so..." He trails off, pursing his lips and nodding, looking thirstily at the soju. 

"Wanna join us?" You ask.

"Yeah, just let me go change...unless you're okay with my current state?" He asks jokingly.

You half choke on air but recover quickly and reply, "I should probably get changed too. Let's pick this up in ten minutes, okay?"

"Okay! I'll prepare some snacks so long." Hoseok answers enthusiastically, rubbing his hands together.

~

By the time the other boys get back, the three of you are well warmed. Jin finishes making the food you started cooking while the rest of you continue drinking. After dinner he joins in the fun in the living room and the drinking fest resumes.

"Hey, your situation isn't that bad! Look at the bright side. You've been kissed and in love that's more than I've done..." A drunken Jungkook pipes up for the first time all night.

"I suppose you're right...you've never been in love?" You respond to his statement. Jungkook turns red and everyone starts laughing.

"What? There's nothing wrong with having never loved someone, I myself have only felt anything close to love twice." You reassure him.

Between bouts of laughter, Namjoon explains, "It's not that...he hasn't experienced the other thing." He nudges you, "Didn't you say you wanted to be someone's first the other day?" He asks teasingly.

"Ugh, don't mind them." You say to Jungkook, drunkenly trying to hold in your own laughter at how childish the boys are being. "It'll happen when it's meant to, just wait for the right moment, okay?"

Suddenly he gets up, "Yah Jeon Jungkook! We were just joking, you don't need to get so upset." Seokjin scolds.

"What are you doing?" You ask, frozen, as he crouches down in front of you, pulling your legs around his waist while everyone looks on.

"I'm tired of waiting." He takes your face in his hands and, sloppily, he kisses you. "How was that?" He asks with a cocky smile.

"Wet." You reply, laughing while wiping your mouth. "Sorry dude, but what was that?"

"It was bad?" He asks confused, scratching his head.

"Don't worry, no one's first kiss is ever good." Yoongi laughs, patting him on his back. "You're lucky Taehyung passed out." He looks at the sleeping Jimin with TaeTae passed out on his lap. "If he saw that you'd be dead right now."

"At least I would've died having been kissed." You all laugh. "I'm sorry for that." He looks up at you. "I should have asked your permission first."

"Pft!" From Jin. "Dude, you never ask a girl to kiss her. It's weird."

"Especially if you're a bad kisser, you'll only raise her expectations -if she says yes." Hoseok chimes in.

"I guess I'll just have to practice then." He turns back to you, wrapping his hand around the back of your neck. You pull back quickly.

"Naah, not again. I'm not gonna let you blindly practice on me. I'm not that drunk."

"Why not? I could be like your rebound. Just use me."

"You're drunk."

"Yes...but you are too. Everyone is. Come on." He tugs your hand.

"No, I can't..."

"Please...its not like it means anything."

Oh, why did he have to be so cute! Why the hell not?

"Don't do anything." You say, one hand resting on his firm chest, the other making its way up his neck, then tracing his jaw.

"Huh?" He swallows hard.

"If we're going to kiss, I will be the one who kisses you. Follow my lead. Okay?" You ask, your thumb brushing over his soft pink lips. He looks at you, swallowing again, quickly nodding.

You bring your face closer to his, smiling at his quickening breath. Softly, you touch his lips with your own. Once, twice, three times. Then once more, harder, really pressing your parted lips together. He presses back as you entangle your hands in his hair and he pulls you closer against him. You chuckle, and move your mouth slowly over his and a little moan escapes him when you with your tongue. You deepen the kiss and he responds cautiously, unsure, "Kookie...don't think." You rasp, urging him on, softly biting his bottom lip. At that, he quickens his pace and draws you impossibly close, his mouth hot as it hungrily at yours.

You remember that the other boys sitting around you and try to break off the kiss, eventually able to pull away and peck him lightly. Afraid to look around, you look instead at him, breathing heavily as he rests his forehead against yours. "How was that?" You return the question.

"Sorry for whatever the hell that was I put you through the first time." He smiles. You laugh breathily.

"Well . That happened." Jimin says, breaking the silence. "What's going on?" He asks, waking up.

"Kookie's first kiss." Yoongi responds.

Jimin's eyebrows shoot up, "Oh my gaht."

For some reason, Jimin's comment makes you feel guilty, like you just cheated. Suddenly you're overwhelmed by sadness and everything tastes funny. You excuse yourself and head for bed, thoroughly rinsing your mouth several times before actually falling asleep.

The next day after class, you drive to your apartment and try to sort things out with Caitlin. She doesn't even apologise for what she did to you, so you just leave.

As the week progresses, things settle into a sort of rhythm. You still cry everyday, and it hurts even just to think about Inho, but you pull yourself together and put on a brave face. In the morning, Seokjin prepares breakfast for everyone, you, Jimin and Taehyung go in one car -which makes you feel bad since Jungkook usually drives with them, but he's still avoiding you. You come back home for lunch, then go off to your afternoon classes, in the evening, you cook supper, everybody gathers to eat and then parts afterward.

Jimin constantly practices, so he's never really home and Yoongi, who is his roommate, stays in the room all day. Jin and Jungkook are paired up; since it's his house, Namjoon has his own room, although he's never in there alone; so you mostly chill in Taehyung and Hoseok's room.

~

"So, I've got some news..." You say at the end of the week. They all look up from their food. "Um, I've found a new place, so I'll be out of your hair in about two days. Thanks for putting up with me, I know it couldn't have been easy." You add a smile at the end of your little speech.

Hoseok's spoon clatters on the table. "Do you really have to leave?"

"Well I can't exactly stay here."

"Why not?" Namjoon asks.

"I can't live with seven guys! What is this? Y/N and the Seven Oppas?"

"But Jungkook is younger..."

"Well then it's Y/N and the Seven Handsome Men." Jimin replies, coolly running his hand through his hair. Everyone laughs.

"Seven? But I only count six. Ohhh, are you including yourself, Jiminie?" Jin asks, leading to another bout of laughter while Jimin frowns and mimics him.

"But seriously, can't you just stay? The room is empty anyway, and it's so difficult to find a good housemate." Namjoon says.

"Plus I don't feel like going back to cooking in the evenings." Jin adds.

"Trust me, hyung. No one wants you to go back to cooking dinner."

"What? You said I was a good cook!"

"Well you're okay, I guess..."

"Also, if she stays we won't have to see Yoongi's anymore."

"You guys are just jealous 'cause I'm bigger."

"Guys, guys, we're going off topic." Namjoon shuts everyone up. Then he turns to you, "Think of it as doing us a favour. No, a few favours. It benefits you too, our place is really close to campus, you know all of us, I'll make the rent super cheap, and we can protect you better than any girl you're moving in with. It's a win-win."

"I don't know, isn't it a bit weird? Like what would my parents say?"

"What's so weird? We won't try to jump you! Well, maybe Jungkook will, but Taehyung's here, your parents trust him." Hoseok says, trying to convince you.

"Wait, wait. But what about Jimin, though? He'll be stuck with Yoongi forever." Taehyung mentions.

"He's never here anyway." Yoongi waves him off.

"I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable." You say, glancing at Jungkook. He catches your eye and looks back down at his food.

"You won't be. It would be cool if you stayed, you cook well too." Jungkook says, while chewing his meat.

"See? There's no issue. When can we get the rest of your stuff?" Namjoon asks, pushing up his glasses.

"Well I was gonna go tomorrow."

"Okay, we'll go with you."

Feeling bad while clearing the dishes, you let Jimin know that if Yoongi ever gets too much, he can chill out in your room and he declines but thanks you as he leaves. Walking back to your room, you notice a guy leaning against the wall with one foot propped up and his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, hey..." Jungkook says, pushing himself off the wall with his foot.

"Hi...uh, what's up?"

He wrings his hands, "Can we talk?" He asks, meeting your eyes.