Do you want to get out of here?

Between Friends

Y/N:

It’s finally Friday and you stand in the shower, letting the water run over you, trying to wash away all the memories with Inho that keep resurfacing.

“Happy 100th day, sweetheart!” Inho exclaims, barely visible behind the giant stuffed teddy and bouquet of roses he’s holding out for you as you leave the house.

“What’s all this?” You ask, completely in awe.

“It’s our 100th day. Did you forget?”

“Well, we said we weren’t going to do these cheesy things. Argh, now I feel so bad.” You complain, cheeks aflame. You take the ginormous bear from him and ask how you can make it up to him.

“Spend the day with me.” He replies.

“I was already going to do that, though.”

“Mmh…then 100 kisses. I want 100 kisses today. Proper ones.”

“One hundred? Gosh, will we even have mouths left tomorrow?”

“There’s only one way to find out.” He smiles slyly and leans in for the first one.

The shower door opens wildly, jolting you from our thoughts and you yelp, immediately covering your essential parts.

“Come on, why are you taking so long? We want to start drinking.” Taehyung whines.

“Dude!”

“What? It’s not like it’s the first time I’m seeing you . Switch the water off.” He says. You take your time, ignoring him as you stand exposed under the water while he watches you. After making him wait, you turn off the shower and step out. He whips a bath sheet open, saying, “I see you still forget to bring a towel out. Old habits die hard, huh?” Wrapping you in it, he adds softly, “You look really good these days, I guess singlehood suits you.”

You smile and spin around in the towel, and joke, “I know, right?”

He chuckles and asks, “What are you gonna wear?”

“Are you planning on dressing me too?”

He smirks, “You’d like that, wouldn’t you? Maybe next time. Now hurry up, I need a drink.”

As soon as he leaves, you do your make up and hurry to get dressed, picking out a short, fitted black skirt and burgundy chiffon tank top. Tonight you’re not playing; after all, it’s the first time you’re going out since the breakup.

~

Jungkook:

The boys are about to toast to another drink when you step into the living room, heels in hand and everyone pauses, glasses frozen in mid-air.

“Aeh! Who said you’re allowed to come out looking so hot?” Seokjin scolds playfully, knitting his eyebrows together with his eyes round saucers. “Do you know how much work you’re giving us?”

“Yah…we’re going to have such a hard time keeping the girls from attacking you when their boyfriends stray.” Hoseok adds, laughing.

Jungkook just stares at you, his mouth agape. Her top is almost see-through. I can see her bra if I really focus. Maybe if I squint? Dang…How am I supposed to keep my hands off her tonight? Maybe we should just tell everyone we’re hooking up. Namjoon knocks him on the head with a spoon, “Try not to drool, won’t you? And fix your eyes, doing that is not gonna help you see her bra.” He snaps to attention and apologises, looking into his drink.

“You’re not even gonna try to deny it?” Jimin asks, laughing at him. You sit down next to Taehyung who has already finished his drink and starts downing a beer. “Yo Tae, slow down, save some for the rest of us, huh?”

“Leave me, I’m dying of thirst.” Well, you’re not the only one…How am I supposed to survive this?

~

Y/N:

At the club, you meet the girls Yoongi and Namjoon have over almost every day for the first time. They’re quite different from what you expect, being both nicer and sweeter than your imagination allowed. That could just be because you had quite a bit to drink beforehand, but either way, they seem quite okay and pull you on to the dance floor, encouraging you to dance with them.

“Do you have a thing going on with any of them?” Suran, Yoongi’s girl asks you. “Because the cute one can’t take his eyes off you.” She finishes nodding in Jungkook’s direction, he looks away and you laugh, saying, “He is cute, isn’t he?”

After a few more shots, Jungkook heads over to you and pulls you flush against his body, wasting no time, his hands roaming and hips rolling in perfect time to the beat. “Are you trying to taunt me?” He asks breathily. You smirk and draw him closer, draping your arms around his neck, foreheads touching and your eyes locked with his as the two of you grind at your own pace, the music forgotten.

Just as he’s about to kiss you, Seokjin’s hand appears between your faces and he says, “Ho, ho, ho! Remember you two still have to live in the same house tomorrow.” Then to Jungkook he adds, “Why don’t you buy a drink for your hyung, huh?” Jungkook just looks at him, his face expressionless but then he smiles helplessly and agrees, being half dragged off to the bar, leaving you to dance on your own. You go over to the lounge area and do shots with Hoseok and Taehyung.

“Well, damn, you sure know how to on the dancefloor!” Hoseok exclaims, pouring another.

“Oh come on, we were just dancing.”

“No, what Namjoon is doing is…uh, actually, I don’t know what that is…what everyone else is doing is dancing…that was some next level .”

“We used to dance like that.” Taehyung says.

“You’re weird, you don’t count.” Hoseok says, patting him on the shoulder. The two of them then enter into a debate about who is weirder and you wander off, finding yourself dancing alone amidst the mass of people.

 

Jungkook:

At the bar, Jungkook orders two beers and as soon as he pays, he tries to head off in your direction only to be pulled back by Seokjin. With one hand on Jungkook’s shoulder he says, “Just appreciate her efforts from here. I know you really like her, but you don’t want to be her rebound. Trust me.”

“I don’t like her, I just want to dance with her.” At that Seokjin scoffs. “Okay, maybe I want to do more than just dance, but who cares? It’s just a bit of –Oh! Yah! Choi Inho!” Jungkook exclaims.

Jungkook shoots off toward you without a second’s hesitation, and this time Seokjin doesn’t try to stop him, hoping he reaches you before Inho does.

 

Y/N:

You notice Jungkook heading toward you and while pretending not to notice him, your face drops as you turn to find Inho standing before you.

“What are you doing here?” He asks over the music.

“What does that matter to you?” You return defensively.

“I miss you. You haven’t moved on, right?” His words hit you hard, your heart feeling like it’d just been squeezed.

“Oppa…” You find yourself saying and almost immediately, scream at yourself for being so weak around him. He takes a step toward you but, scared of what you might do if he gets close enough, you back away right into a guy’s chest.

Suddenly you feel arms wrapping themselves around your waist and a familiar mouth at your neck. Thank goodness. Relieved, you lean back against Jungkook’s body, intertwining your fingers with his. You turn your head to face him and smile, he returns the smile and gently brushes his lips over yours.

“Miss me, babe?” He asks. He casts his eyes in Inho’s direction and fakes excitement, extending one hand, the other still clutching your waist, “Sunbae? Wow, I didn’t think I’d run into you here. I see you’ve met my girlfriend? She’s pretty, huh?” He asks, smiling brightly.

“Jeon Jungkook? What the hell are you talking about?”

“Well, we started dating recently. Ahh, I’m so happy she’s in my life. Anyway, we’d love to stay and chat but there’s something urgent we need to take care of in private. See you on Monday!” He winks, clutches you tightly against him and zips around, heading off the dancefloor.

“Yah! I’m not finished! Come back!” You faintly here Inho calling in the background.

Jungkook weaves quickly through the crowd, losing Inho, leading you to the balcony upstairs. “Are you okay?” He asks once outside. “I’m sorry for butting in but you looked like you were faltering a bit and I kn-”

You hug him tightly and sigh, whispering, “Thank you. Really, if you didn’t come when you did…just, thank you for coming.”

He smiles down at you when you break off the hug, “Do you wanna get out of here?” He asks. Upon seeing your shocked expression, he quickly adds, “Not to do anything, I just thought you might not be up for partying anymore and I can’t let you leave alone.”

While he explains himself, you move closer to him again, your hand on his belt buckle and ask, “What if I want to do things though?”

He gulps and his eyebrows disappear somewhere behind the threshold of his hair. “Well…in that case…” He tugs at his collar, “Should we just leave now?” He asks, laughing, gesturing the way out with his arms like an usher.

~