Like the old days?

Between Friends

Jimin:

After watching the sunset, to finish off your date, you and Jimin head off for the ice rink and spend a couple of hours playing around on the ice. When you get home, the house is blanketed in darkness and you enter warily.

“Where is everyone?” Jimin asks.

“Tae’s mom said they’d be taking the family out late.” You answer.

The clock on the wall says it’s after nine already and you’re more worried about Taehyung, having called him a couple of times throughout the day with no answer.

“Maybe he went out with them…” You whisper to yourself, as you walk to the bedroom, ringing him again.

Getting his voicemail, you sigh and turn your attention back to your boyfriend.

“Sorry that I keep calling him.”

He shrugs and sits down, leaning back on Taehyung’s bed, “He’s my friend too, I get it.”

“Are you hungry?” You ask, sitting next to him.

He shakes his head, “I’m okay.”

You nod, your mind drifting back to Taehyung. Jimin notices and pokes you in the side, bringing you back.

“He’s a grown man, don’t worry so much.”

You smile and apologise again and ask Jimin if he wants to wash up so you can watch a movie or something afterward before going to bed.

He picks up his bag and starts preparing his shower stuff, so you go to the cupboard and try to find cute pyjamas to wear. When you look back, the boy stands frowning as he looks into the mix of clothes in the open cupboard.

You gasp, trying to close it quickly, “Don’t judge, this mess is all Taehyung’s fault. My stuff is all folded I swear, most of it I haven’t worn in such a long time.”

He nods, trying to supress the flash of anger that strikes from his chest at the fact that you and Taehyung share a cupboard, and he looks over at the small bed, recalling how you complained about Taehyung not wanting to sleep in his bed. You notice how he looks at it and ask, “You don’t mind sleeping on the floor with Tae tonight, do you?”

“So you sleep here?” He asks, pointing at the bed.

Feeling a change in his mood, you answer in a small voice, “Yeah, it’s a three bedroom house, so one for his parents, his siblings and him.”

He slowly nods, staring at it, “Where were you going to sleep then?” He looks up at you with a funny expression, “You know, when you said he was refusing to sleep in his bed?”

Your brain glitches, knowing what he’s getting at and realising how the truth would sound. He knits his brow together at your silence and you can see the wheels turning in his head.

“Oppa, what are you imagining?” You laugh nervously, waving your hands, “It’s nothing weird. We’ve just always slept opposite each other… I mean, he’s never slept on the floor before… and he’s been acting so odd lately…” You sigh at your pathetic confession, “I just wanted something to be normal.”

You feel terrible at the look of disappointment on his face and move toward him, “Yah Jiminie…” You wrap your arms around his waist, reaching up to peck his still lips, “I only want you.”

“Are you sure?” He asks with a furrowed brow and you answer quickly, not wanting to leave any room for doubt.

Relationships are built on trust, right? If she doesn’t want him then he stands no chance, right?

He sighs and nods before screwing up his face, “Did you just call me Jiminie again?”

Brushing his hair back, you nod, “You’re my Jiminie.”

He shakes his head, tongue in cheek, though you can see he’s undeniably chuffed, “Oh, am I?” He pulls you closer, “Me?” He kisses you softly, “Yours?”

You nod, smiling at him, “Of course.”

“Does that make you mine?” He asks and you can feel the sincerity behind the playful question.

You nod again, tilting your head, “How could I not be?”

You reach up again and pull him down to your mouth and he groans into your slow kiss. Feeling incredibly frustrated, he wastes no time in running his hands down to your hips and moving you back up against the cupboard, pinning you as he wraps one of your legs around him and lightly grinds into you, the kiss deep but gentle, the way warm waves wash over you in a calm ocean.

The front door bangs closed and the sound of Taehyung’s low, satisfied humming seems to reverberate through the house.

Jimin groans again, this time out of frustration as he pushes off you. Apologetically, you kiss him softly and fix your hair.

Taehyung swings the room door open and rolls his eyes, “Really?” He asks, “In my room?”

“We didn’t do anything…” You shrug. Jimin turns away with balled fists.

He opens one of his drawers and starts searching through it. “Right, I’m sure you just sat here holding hands all day.” He answers sarcastically. “Hun, have you seen my smokes?”

“They’re still in your leather jacket from the other night.” You reply quickly, awkward at the pet name, given your conversation with Jimin. “Where have you been though? I haven’t seen you since last night.”

“An old friend.” He states, digging around in the jacket pocket. “And that’s because I went to see her after you fell asleep.”

“Oh.” You say softly. “Well, you could have at least called me back. I was worried.”

He chuckles, shrugging, “We were having too much fun.”

“I swear, it’s like you only think with your .” You remark under your breath, intending for your tone to be playful but coming off bitter as you gather your clothes to go shower.

“You know,” He chuckles, unsteadily placing a cigarette between his lips, “You still sound jealous to me.”

“Whatever Taehyung.” You dismiss, looking back at him. Jimin looks back and forth between you, though you don’t notice.

“Jealous!” He sings, leaning heavily against the wall, trying to light the cigarette in the room.

“Are you drunk?” You ask, watching him, his gaze unfocussed and movement exaggerated.

He shrugs, still trying to light it.

You rip the cigarette from his mouth and shake your head, “What the , Taehyung?”

“Hey, that’s not nice.” He whines, swiping as he tries to take it back but missing and nearly falling over his own feet. You catch him and sigh, supporting his full weight as he leans into you, suddenly appearing much more far gone than he had five minutes ago. “Hey Babe, I can’t feel my legs.”

Jimin jumps up and takes him from you, pulling him along and sitting him down on the toilet seat in the bathroom.

“I’m gonna get him some water.” You say, going to the kitchen to retrieve a bottle and glass.

“See…” He drunkenly says to Jimin once you’ve gone, like he’s letting him in on a secret, “She’s still got feelings for me.”

He crosses his arms and kicks his ankle, “You’re a ing mess Taehyung.”

Coming back, you pour glass after glass of water and make him chug it, trying to sober him up.

“You’re going to make me sick…” He complains, pushing the cup away and slumping down on to the floor.

“That’s the whole point.” Jimin answers.

You rub his back soothingly and he pukes almost immediately into the toilet bowl.

“There, there.” You his hair, as he continues throwing up, “You’re going to be fine.”

“Will you make me ramyun? Like the old days?” He asks, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

You swat his hand away and clean his mouth with a tissue, “Of course. Are you all done now?”

He nods, smiling briefly, trying to get up when his eyes roll closed and he pukes all over his clothes.

“… How is he already this drunk? It’s not even late...” You look at the showerhead over the bath and glance up at Jimin, “Help me get him in there, please?”

He nods and picks him up, carefully setting him down in the bath and you turn the water on over him. Rinsing his clothes off first, you sigh again and climb in.

“I can do that, Angel.” Jimin offers, though he can barely stop himself from gagging.

You wave him off, the cold water already drenching your top as you try to pull his over his head, “Taehyung-ah…” You tap his cheek, trying to make him come to, “Taehyung-ah…”

Groggily, he opens his eyes, “Baby girl…”

“Hey…” You coo, smiling, “Can you try to stand up for me?”

“It’s so cold.” He sniffles, trying to get to his feet. As you hold him up against the wall, Jimin changes the direction of the showerhead, so it falls more directly over him and Taehyung turns his face away, making himself small as he whimpers, “I don’t like this.”

“It’s almost over.” You his hair again, “Let’s just get these off, uh?”

Much to Jimin’s dismay, you strip him down, Taehyung’s breath shallow as he shivers but he seems more aware of what’s going on and can now to some extent keep himself up, so you turn on the warm water and he moans at the comfort of the heat. Alarmed at the silent tears that start falling from his face, you take his face in your hands, “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry.” He embraces you and you remember Jimin when he mumbles under his breath.

You look apologetically at him but rub Taehyung’s back, “Hey, what for? We all drink a bit much sometimes. It’s okay.”

“No.” He says with some force, pulling you tighter against him, “I’m sorry that things turned out like this.” You pull away and search his eyes, trying to understand what he means but he takes your face in his hands and kisses your forehead, “I want to make it better.”

“Taehyungie… Let’s just put you to bed for now, uh?”

He bends to kiss your lips and softly pulls you back to him when you turn your face away but Jimin cuts the water off and jerks you from him, chucking a towel at Taehyung and shoving him in the chest, growling, “Don’t ing push your luck.”

He hoists you over the edge of the bath and looks you up and down, talking sternly, “Go change your clothes, I’ll finish up here.”

~

Taehyung chuckles tiredly now alone with Jimin, “Well it took you long enough.”

“Just dry yourself off.” Jimin commands. irritated, folding his arms and pacing in the small bathroom.

Taehyung smirks, leaning against the tiled wall and drying himself roughly.

Seething, Jimin turns to look at his smug expression and in a low voice, mutters, “You know, when she told me you were being more distant, I couldn’t believe it and thought, ‘Wow, maybe he’s backing off and will actually respect her choice.’” He steps up to Taehyung, chuckling darkly, “But that’s not what you’re doing, is it?”

Taehyung glares at him, warning, “You don’t know the full story.”

“I don’t need to.” Jimin roars in disbelief, “Stop ing toying with my girl and be happy that she’s even still your friend. Pushing and pulling her like that is only going to ruin your friendship further.”

Taehyung barks a hollow laugh, “You sure ‘your girl’ really has feelings for you?”

“I am.” He replies confidently, walking to the door, “Are you?” He looks back at Taehyung, smirking, “Because from where I’m standing, you just look like a pathetic boy who can’t deal with his one-sided love.”