I'm so sorry.

Between Friends

Jungkook:

“Good morning…” Jungkook purrs against Jieun’s stomach, feeling her stir beneath him as he kisses her awake.

She arches her back and giggles, twisting handfuls of his hair in her hands.

He moves up to , kissing her softly, “Last night was fun.”

“Yeah…” She murmurs, delighting in every touch of their lips. “We should do that again sometime.”

“We should, shouldn’t we?” He looks down at her, raising a playful brow and pulling her legs around him, “I mean, I’m definitely up-” He presses her closer to him, “-for it…”

“Punny.” She smirks, biting her lip in anticipation.

He chuckles into and she grinds against him, the sound of her laboured breath heavy in his ears as he moves to fill her.

~

Y/N:

“So…” Your mother looks at you over her coffee mug, “How are things with the new boyfriend?”

“Sorry?” You ask, nearly dropping the milk as you take it out of the fridge.

“Oh, come on, you can't lie to us.” Your father smirks, sipping his drink, “Or did you forget that the boy came to ask our permission to date you?”

“I can't believe you finally said yes to him…” Your mother shakes her head, talking to your father, “After all these years he’s been asking.”

You chuckle, putting the cereal box down on the counter, “What are you guys even talking about?”

“Honey, come on. We all know you and Taehyung are together.” She answers.

“Oh no…” You sigh, running your hands through your hair, “Is this because we spent the night in town?”

“Please,” Your father laughs, “Just the way you two look at each other is enough to know.” His expression turns serious, “But I don’t approve of this whole staying out business. I don’t want to know if you guys were in a motel -you certainly smelled like it- or what you were doing, but I’m not happy about it. I might my revoke my permission if you’re going to be so blatant about things.”

“I don’t understand…” Your chest fills with an uncomfortable tightness, “He came to ask for your blessing?”

“Why do you look like you want to cry?” Your mother asks, “Anyway, it’s not like it’s the first time he came here and rambled on about how much he loves you and promised all sorts of things if we let him date you.”

“Taehyung did that?”

Your mother looks to your father, both of them confused about the turn the conversation is taking, “We figured he would have told you… But what’s wrong? Are you in a fight or something?”

“No. We’re not dating…” You shake your head, willing your eyes to stop stinging, “He’s never even asked me out… Ever…”

Perplexed, your parents glance at each other again, “Maybe we ruined the surprise…” Your father mumbles. “We’re sorry Pumpkin.”

You shrug and smile weakly, pouring the milk over your cereal, “Uhm, I’m gonna eat this in my room, okay?”

“Okay…” Your mother nods enthusiastically, “Just bring the bowl out when you’re done.”

“Thank you…” You say, shuffling off to your room.

For a while, you stare into the bowl, watching the milk get soaked up, turning the sugary breakfast soggy. You sigh and force a couple of mouthfuls, not wanting to waste it.

What am I going to do about Jimin?

You know you have to call him, so before you can talk yourself out of it, you dial his number and hit the call button. After a few rings, Jimin’s soft voice comes across the phone, “Angel Cakes?”

“Hi Jimin.” You manage, your breath having caught at the sound of his cheery tone.

“Ahh, I’ve missed your voice… You still sound a bit sick, are you okay?” He sighs, “Can you believe we’ve not even been together a month? It feels much longer, right?”

“Yeah…” You reply, pursing your lips.

“You know, I was thinking maybe we should see each other on our anniversary… Maybe I could come down and see you?”

Please don’t make this so hard on me…

“Yeah, maybe…”

There’s silence for a few seconds before Jimin talks again, “What’s wrong?” He asks in a sombre tone.

“Uhm…” Your breath hitches in your throat again, audibly this time, “Uhm… So something really bad happened… I’m really very sorry…” Your tears escape you and you can't stop yourself from crying into the phone, “I didn’t mean to do it but I -I… I’m so sorry…”

There’s a muted thud on the other side of the phone, and he asks in a very controlled voice, “What happened?”

“It’s no excuse but we were drinking and… And it was very late and we were very drunk and…” Your chest heaves as a fresh wave of tears hits you, “We had to stay over and… I’m so sorry.”

“Are you ing kidding me?” He asks, fuming, though his tone has an odd hopefulness to it. “So… What? Taehyung kissed you? Took advantage when you were drunk?”

You wish you could just put it down to that, but your conscience won’t let you, so you timidly admit, “It wasn’t like that Jimin.”

He spits out an unbelieving sigh, “You?” His voice disappears as he asks in a strangled whisper, “It was you?”

“I’m so sorry…”

“Yeah… Me too.” A series of frustrated thuds come across the line and you’re sure he’s punching or kicking something.

“Ji-”

“You know, I ing knew this would happen!” He growls, “I knew you loved him back and I still went along with it like a ing idiot!”

“What? No-”

“Did you even like me?”

“Of course, I like you Jimin, I really do.”

“But you love him, right?” He snorts, waiting for a reply, “Right? You’re in love with him?”

“I… I don’t know…” You admit, trying to hold back yet another a threatening sob.

“Yeah, well I think I do.” He spits a laugh and you hear him wipe his face, “Okay. When you figure it out, give me a call… Or don’t, whatever. I’m so ing stupid…” A hard thud sounds again, “Okay. It was nice knowing you.” The phone clicks off and when you process what happened, it falls from your hand.

You look down at your cereal -it’s too far gone. Just like me. Silent tears stream down your face, mourning your fleeting relationship, one that deserved to last much longer, not for your sake, but his. You’re disgusted in yourself for hurting him so recklessly because you do care for him. Maybe it wasn’t love, but he’d liked you so openly and unselfishly, in a way that Taehyung never had, and he didn’t deserve your betrayal. Might as well just go sort this out once and for all. You push off your bed and with trembling hands, open your cupboard, pulling out a jeans and hoodie.

Dressed and washed up, you take your bowl to the kitchen. You find your parents curled up at the television as you pass them on your way to the door.

“I’m just going over the road quickly, okay?” You ask, putting on your shoes.

“Don’t be out too long!” Your mother calls as you leave the house.

With the urge to turn back home growing stronger with every step you walk, you run up to Taehyung’s house, fighting it. You rap hurriedly on the front door, opened by Taehyung’s younger brother.

“Oh. Hi!” He greets.

You smile at him, “Hi… Is your brother home?”

“He’s in the shower.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll wait in his room then.”

“Come in.” He chirps, letting you in.

You greet his parents in the living room and walk through to his room. You plonk yourself down on his bed and grow impatient with how long he takes, so you start pacing in the small space. When his door swings open, your head whips over your shoulder, relieved to see him.

Wide-eyed and clad only in a towel, he grips it tighter around him, having had a fright to find you there.

“Hi!” He gasps.

“Hi…” You echo.

He looks at you expectantly, waiting for you to say something. Realising you’re stuck, he prompts you, “What’s going on?”

“Do you love me?” You blurt.

He chuckles, “Yes…” He says, as though it should be obvious.

“No. I mean, do you love me love me? Like are you in love with me?” You explain.

His expression becomes clouded, his stance almost defensive, “What does it matter?”

Angry that he won’t answer you, you sigh, “Taehyung just be honest with me for once.”

Taken aback and visibly offended, he responds, “Look, if this is about the other night, you don’t have to worry. I’m not going to say anything to Jimin, that’s for you to decide.”

“I already did.” You dismiss, “Now will you please answer me?”

“You did what?”

“I told him, Taehyung!” You snap, frustrated that he’s not on the same page as you. “Now, do you love me or not?”

“Of course ing I do!” He snaps back, turning his back to you, “How the hell could I not?”

Your breath is knocked out of you, “What?”

“I’m in love with you.” He says in a small voice, looking over his shoulder at you. “Always have been.”

You back away and slump against the wall, your last bit of strength leaving you, “Are you serious?”

“Why would I lie?” He asks plainly.

“So, my parents weren’t lying when they said you came by before their trip to get their blessing?”

“Why do you think I came home without telling you that time?”

“…” You mumble, and then as if just remembering, you look up at him, “But you never asked me out?”

“Because you started dating Jimin.”

Overwhelmed, you feel frozen in place and can do nothing but stare at him as he edges closer to you.

“Baby girl…” He coos, cradling your face in his hands, “I’m sorry.”

Your eyes fill with tears and when the first one drops, he swiftly brushes it away with his thumb, murmuring, “I really am in love with you.”

Your chest heaves and you start shuddering as hot, salty tears stream down your face. He embraces you and kisses your forehead, letting you cry. When the tears finally slow, he pulls back to look at you and wipes them away as best he can. You hold his gaze and recognise the look that comes over him, knowing all to well that he wants to kiss you. Turning your face away, you break eye contact, “Please don’t.”

He steps away, wounded, and you shake your head at him, “No.” You assert, “You don’t get to do that.”

Puzzled, he looks into your flaming, red eyes and you frown at him, suddenly livid, “You don’t get to act like the one who’s hurt.” Your voice breaks, “All these years, you’ve been playing with my heart, having known my feelings and never once did you do anything about it. I don’t know what’s so difficult about letting me know!” You chuckle to yourself and push past him, “This whole situation is so ed.”

He catches your arm and comes to stand in front of you, “I know and I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I can't explain myself and I know, I know that my behaviour is inexcusable.” His eyes are glossy and pleading, “Please. Just let me love you.”

“I don’t think that I can.” You whisper, closing your eyes to him.