Ta-da!

Between Friends

Jungkook:

After writing his last exam, Jungkook heads to the parking lot where Jimin and Taehyung are waiting for him. He jogs up to the car, takes their hands and climbs in, stretching himself out on the backseat, letting Taehyung drive and Jimin sit up front.

“, I’m gonna get so wasted tonight, today’s paper hammered me.” Taehyung says as he starts the car up.

“Me too.” Jimin shakes his head, “You’re still going on that blind date for me, right?” Jimin asks Taehyung.

“I meant to tell you, I can’t this time.”

“Why not? You always go.” Jimin asks, intrigued.

“My first love crawled back into my heart.” He answers.

His first love?

“Ooh…You’re in love?” Jimin its up straight.

“Anyway, why don’t you let Jungkook go?” Taehyung suggests, avoiding the question.

Could it be her? They’re abnormally close and he always looks at her like-

“Jungkookah?” Jimin asks, turning in his seat to face Jungkook.

He snaps from his thoughts and looks at Jimin.

“Will you go in my place?” Jimin repeats.

“I don’t know...” He answers, shifting his weight, “When is it?”

“Three days from now.”

“Uh…I have to check, but I’ll let you know.” Jungkook replies, putting his earphones in.

~

Y/N:

You sit on the wall outside the house with Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi and Hoseok, waiting for the rest of the boys to arrive so the festivities can begin. The house is all decorated for the week-long challenge, the kitchen fully stocked with Jell-O shots, alcohol-soaked sweets, punch, beer and an array of other alcoholic beverages. Hoseok stands on the wall and starts howling when their car comes along in the distance, prompting the three boys to stick their heads out of the car windows and howl back.

Before Taehyung switches the car off, Jungkook jumps out and marches straight for you, taking your face in his hands, his lips crashing down on yours as he aggressively kisses you. At that, the boys all whistle and hoot and it’s not long before you break the kiss off, your cheeks aflame.

“What was that for?” You whisper breathlessly as he brushes his lips lightly against yours.

“I miss my Jar.” He murmurs, pecking you one more time.

“Well thanks for finally confirming that.” Yoongi says, throwing his hands in the air.

“She’s taught you well, huh?” Namjoon teases, patting him on the back.

You head inside and kick things off with a toast to the end of the semester and to Seokjin’s acting career. Although it’s still light out, the music is pumping and as promised, the drinks are flowing. Yoongi goes around topping everybody up, keeping a close eye to make sure that everyone is drinking enough.

By nightfall, you’re all way past tipsy; in the living room, Namjoon is giving a philosophy lecture to the furniture. Jungkook and Jimin are trying to scale the walls of the house outside, in the kitchen, Seokjin is telling jokes and Taehyung is doing impersonations for you; Yoongi and Hoseok, unaccounted for.

“Angel Cakes!” Jimin calls, charging into the kitchen, “Pour me a drink please.” He asks, leaning on the counter and batting his lashes. Jungkook follows behind him, cackling raucously.

“No no, please, let me.” Jungkook offers. He takes a glass, throws in a couple of doses of soju and tequila, adds beer and squeezes a Jell-O shot in for good measure. He charges it up with a spoon and slides it over to Jimin who gulps, wearily eyeing the lump of Jell-O floating in the concoction.

“Why did I think I could beat you up that wall?” Jimin asks, picking up the glass and slurping the drink down. “That was actually not bad…” He puts the glass down, blinking a few times, “I’d have another, but I think I might be ed.” He adds, slowly making his way to a stool.

Everyone laughs and Namjoon comes into the kitchen, talking on his phone, “Babe, I’ll be there now.” He sends his girlfriend kisses and puts the cell phone into his pocket, grabbing a beer; he nods to Jin. “Hyung, come with me. Yoona has a friend.”

“Beer pong?” Jungkook suggests when Namjoon and Seokjin leave.

The game is set up in the living room, you and Taehyung taking on Jimin and Jungkook. Unfortunately, you have terrible aim which is even worse when you’re under the influence. Thankfully, after the drink Jungkook made him, Jimin is not much better than you. With only one cup left on your side and two on theirs, Jungkook and Taehyung get quite competitive. At this point there’s not much to you but giggles, the alcohol catching up to you. Jimin misses the cup on his turn but he laughs it off and naturally you join in, barely able to catch your breath when Taehyung knocks out one of their cups. The steam radiating off Jungkook is nearly visible as he prepares to take the final blow but he cracks under the pressure and misses completely.

Having been of little help to Taehyung in the game, no-one expects much as you take your shot but by some miracle, the little plastic ball plops into the cup in front of Jungkook and he looks at you in disbelief, unable to fathom what just happened. The silence following your winning shot is quickly filled by Taehyung’s booming voice echoing through the room as he celebrates the victory. He picks you up and spins you around, covering your face in kisses when he puts you down. He plants one on your lips and looks lustily at them, but his gaze goes over your head, you already having turned your attention elsewhere.

“Hey losers, come receive your punishment!” You call, skipping into the kitchen. You pour tequila shots for the pair while they get their salt and lemon ready.

“Argh…How many you expect?” Jimin slurs when you pour the fourth.

“This is the last, I promise.” You answer, holding out your pinky.

He smirks at your gesture, but hooks pinkies with you, “I’ll trusting you, okay?”

“Okay Jiminie.” You roll your eyes.

“Angel Cakes!” He teases, sticking out his tongue.

“You know that has no effect on me, right?” You ask, handing him his shot.

Jungkook comes up to you and moves your hair out of the way before bending down, promptly running his tongue over your collar bones. He shakes salt over it and you play along, taking the lemon from him and placing it in your mouth.

“Wah, don’ you juss wish you had someone now?” Jimin asks, nudging Taehyung.

Jungkook the salt and swallows the amber liquid, quickly the lemon from your mouth and spitting it out so he can kiss you properly. He runs his thumb over your parted lips and brings his own near, looking Taehyung dead in the eye as he allows you to taste the drink he just had. Unaware, you wrap your arms around his neck, pulling him closer and he deepens the kiss, closing his eyes only when Taehyung casts his downward, walking away, his hands balled up into fists at his sides. Jimin, whose busied himself with a bowl of chips, follows him out, asking nonsensical questions.

“I’ve got a popsicle if you’re interested.” Jungkook whispers, nibbling at your ear. You wrap your legs around him and he chuckles, carrying you off.

When you return, everyone is in the living room. Namjoon and Seokjin are back, along with a few of Yoona’s friends.

“Well, it took you long enough!” Hoseok chuckles, walking over to the two of you.

“I could say the same to you, Hyung.” Jungkook answers with a wink and you hit him on the arm.

Hoseok shoots him a sideways glance and looks to you, then back at Jungkook again, “Ho-ly …You two know, don’t you?”

“I don’t know what you’re referring to.” Jungkook says, knitting his brows together, “But dang! Yoongi looks exhausted.” He says shaking his head as he walks away.

You try to hold it in, but a short burst of laughter escapes you as Hoseok starts coughing at Jungkook’s words, almost choking. Yoongi notices and comes over, “You okay?” He asks, “Here, wet your throat.” He adds, offering his beer. Hoseok starts coughing more uncontrollably and chugs the beer.

“Hyung!” Jungkook calls, spotting Jimin who’s standing with Taehyung and Jin, “I think I’ll go on that date.”

“Really?” Jimin asks, grinning from ear to ear. “That’s great Kookie!”

“You’re going on a date?” You ask, joining them.

“It would seem so.” Jungkook answers.

“Well it’s about time! Fingers crossed, you’ll meet someone great.” You say with a smile before turning your attention to Taehyung, “Taetae! Come dance with me.”

You pull him by the hand and realise the boy can hardly keep himself upright. You steady him and laugh as he tries to focus his gaze, “Oppa, you good?”

He just smiles and wraps his arms around your waist, “Slow dance.” He mumbles, resting his head on your shoulder. The two of you move slowly on the spot for a couple of songs before he abruptly stops and takes your face in his hands, “You’re the only girl. The only girl.” He repeats, his suddenly piercing gaze flitting between your eyes and lips and you look away, giggling nervously, unsure what to make of it. He turns your head to look at him and your cheek with his thumb.

“Taetae…” You warn, the melancholic tone of your voice enough for him to change his.

“Don’t take me so seriously hun.” He says, ruffling your hair, “I think I’m stable now. How about we dance properly, huh?” He takes your hand and spins you around.

After dancing and playing drinking games for a few hours, you retreat to the kitchen in search of something other than beer to drink. You’re surprised when you walk around the counter and nearly stumble over Jimin’s legs.

You squat down in front of his sleeping form, his head resting against the cupboards and arms folded, legs splayed out in front of him. “Jimin…” You coo, nudging him gently.

He opens his eyes partly, “Angel Cakes?” He asks.

“Hey…What are you doing on the floor?” You ask softly.

He looks around him and now aware of his surroundings, chuckles, “I don’t know. I think I may have passed out for a while.” He admits, running a hand through his hair.

You help him up and he stretches, yawning like a kitten after a busy day of playing. He walks over to the cooler and digs around; pulling a cider out, he smiles and pops it open, “Your favourite.” He says, handing it to you before pulling out a beer for himself.

“How’d you know?” You ask, sipping on the apple flavoured drink.

“You told me.” He responds, explaining further when he sees your face, “Remember, before exams, we were still sitting on the roof after our evening run?”

“That was more than a month ago, how’d you even remember?” You wonder, to which he just shrugs. “You know; we should go watch the sun rise.” You suggest.

“Have you been outside, Angel? Its ing cold.”

“Who cares? That’s what clothes and blankets are for.” You urge, tugging on his sleeve.

He looks at his watch. “Well, I suppose some fresh air won’t hurt. I’ll go get a blanket.”

Before you know it, he returns, blanket and a couple of jerseys in hand. He tosses one to you, “Here, put this on.”

“It smells just like you.” You say, trying to pull it over your head. When your head finally pops through and you open your eyes, he’s standing right in front of you.

“Ta-da!” He exclaims, revealing a bowl of vodka-soaked jellies.

Having not had any earlier, you gasp and clap your hands, “I was so sad when they were all gone.”

“I know. I stashed them in the back of the fridge for you.” He says, carefully placing the treasured goods in your waiting arms.