I won't bite.

Between Friends

Y/N:

“Oppa…” You whisper softly as you kiss the sleeping man’s chest across which your long hair is sprawled.

“Mmh?” Comes his reply, lazy, breathy and tickling your ear which makes you shiver slightly. Instinctively, he pulls you closer to him, your covered by his strong warm hands that run up and down it. You burrow into his touch and make a trail of sweet kisses up into his neck. He groans and finds your mouth, his teeth playfully grazing your lips as he does.

You smile into his cigarette-tasting kiss as he rolls over to be on top of you and grinds lightly against you, his musky scent alone filling you with lust.

“Oppa…” You repeat, wrapping yourself tighter around him, wanting him to stop his teasing.

“Patience, Baby girl…” He murmurs in a low voice, nibbling your ear as he eases himself into you.

Soon enough, your breath changes, becoming uneven as he fills you and he chuckles to himself, working you up, though you can’t stop yourself from moving with him or the soft moans that escape you and give your delight away. Your fingers curl around his soft brown locks and your nails dig into his shoulder as your mouths meet by chance, more interested in indulging in the taste of the other’s skin as if for the first time, though somehow you know it isn’t and definitely won’t be the last either, given how perfect being with him feels.

His hands roam your body hungrily and he pulls back to look at you as he moves deeper within you, his hooded, dark eyes meeting yours which soon flutter closed as you come near.

You wake with a start just as you at the same time with the man in your dream and disentangle yourself from Jimin on the floor, confused and embarrassed, so you leave the room to fix something for Taehyung to eat, sure that he’ll be feeling downright awful when he wakes. When you return with enough food for the three of you, you get a fright, surprised to see Jimin sitting cross-legged, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as ever.

“Oppa…” You whisper, setting the tray down in front of him. “When did you wake?”

“Ah… It was cold without you…” He murmurs, burrowing his head into your neck.

An unknowing smile lights up your face, happy that he doesn’t seem mad at you anymore, though he didn’t say anything. “Oppa… about last night…” You start off, wanting to clear the air.

He moves away and clouds emerge over his sunny face, making you wonder if it was a mistake to bring it up, but you continue since you’ve started, “I’m sorry about all of that… I make things difficult for you, don’t I?”

He utters a short laugh, “It’s not your fault.”

“But still,” You insist, “I know you didn’t want to see that… Taehyung was just really drunk… trying to kiss me and that stuff doesn’t mean anything.”

He shakes his head, his expression puzzled, “How can you believe that?”

“Because… Taehyung isn’t like that.” You nod to yourself, “You don’t have to worry, he’s never liked me like that. Everyone gets like that sometimes when they’re drunk. It doesn’t mean anything.”

“I don’t like you sleeping here with him.” Jimin picks up an egg, shaking his head, “When are your parents coming back?”

“Next week...” You give a small smile.

“Really?” He smiles back, “Come visit me in this week then, I want to take you all around Busan.”

You laugh, shaking your head, “I see what you’re trying to do…”

He smirks, poking you in the side, “What? What? What?” He chuckles, “I just want to spend time with you, what’s so wrong with that?”

“Aigoo…” You murmur, trying to hold back, “Who knew I’d get to date such a cute guy…”

He immediately squares his shoulders and runs a hand through his messy morning hair, making his accent thick, “What? Who’s cute? Where?”

You giggle and try to fix his hair, the y dialect not matching his current state, “Uri Jiminie is.”

“Yah… Are you trying to pat my head right now?” He narrows his eyes at you.

You shake your head and peck his lips softly.

“What day should I come through?” You ask with your forehead to his.

“Wednesday.” He answers quickly, “Come early so we have more time together.”

You nod, scooting closer and kissing him again.

~

Jungkook:

“Noona...” Jungkook murmurs, waking the older woman with whom he’d fallen asleep while watching a movie the night before.

“Ji…eun.” She mumbles, snuggling up to him, “I told you, call me Jieun.”

He freezes up as her soft lips graze his neck but she pretends not to notice though she’d done it intentionally, not that sleepy at all.

“How can I call you that?” He asks, putting some distance between them.

She sits up on the couch and gestures at the space, suddenly upset, “Are you this uncomfortable with me?”

He waves his hands, “No, not at all. But if someone walked in here now, they would think something weird.”

She scoffs, “I live alone though?”

He closes his eyes and shakes his head, saying the same thing for the hundredth time this week, “If people would think that we’re doing something weird, then we shouldn’t do that, because we’re not like that. Don’t you think?” He opens his eyes as she takes his hand and he turns his face away, his voice coming out somewhat squeaky, “Noona?”

The woman sits in her bra and high-waisted shorts, challenging him, “Call me that one more time…”

He looks at her with an arched brow and mouths the word with a lopsided grin.

She places his hand on her chest and he laughs as he tries to pull away, “Noona, what the hell are you doing?”

She keeps his hand firmly in place, her tone not joking as his is, “If you don’t stop, I won’t let you go.”

Realising she’s serious, he feels uncomfortable and says her name with a quiet warning authority, “Jieun...”

She gives a sad smile at the way he says it but releases him, “I guess you don’t want to see me as a woman anymore, huh?”

Without realising that he’s yet to remove his hand, he tries to digest what’s going on, “What?”

She seems embarrassed and looks down, “I’ve been trying to show you all week but you’re just oblivious and you keep calling me ‘Noona’ and that’s not what I want to be…”

“Noona…” He murmurs softly, retracting his hand, “Why couldn’t you do this before when I confessed to you?”

She shrugs, still looking at her hands, “You were still a kid then… besides, I thought you said you’re not dating anyone…”

“I’m not, but…” He rubs his face, “I just can’t commit to you now.”

She moves closer to him, “I don’t need that… We’re both adults.”

He eyes her sternly, “Jieun.” She looks earnestly at him and he continues, “You’ll be no more than a replacement to me and I won’t be acting all cute with you.”

“I’m tired of being cute anyway.”

“Oh really?” He scoffs, getting quickly on board, tongue in cheek as he leans back and lets his eyes rove over her, daring her to make a move, “Prove it then.”

~

Taehyung:

From the bedroom window, Taehyung watches as you see Jimin off, tenderly kissing the boy goodbye, stopping him a few times before eventually letting him get into the car and make his journey back home.

Maybe he was right, she does really seem to like him too.

When you step into the room, he’s still staring out of the window and you stop in the doorway.

“Oh… Taehyungah…”

“Baby girl.” He nods, smiling as he gets back in bed. He holds the blanket open for you to join him and he purses his lips, seeing your hesitation, “I won’t bite.”

Reluctantly, you get under the covers and he pulls you close to him, whispering, “I really am sorry.”

“What for?” You ask, unable to stop yourself from snuggling up to the comforting touch of your best friend.

“That you think I never liked you.”

You tense up and realise he must have been awake when you were talking to Jimin. Not moving, you mutter, “Well, it’s true, isn’t it?”

Feeling him shake his head, your heart squeezes softly and his answer only hurts more, “Of course not.”

You sit up, not liking this conversation and needing to escape his musky scent.

“I’m only telling you because I don’t want you to think you were unloved.”

A lump forms in your throat.

He sits up like you, taking your hands in his, “You’ll be happy with him, right?”

You look at him, confused.

He squeezes your hands softly, “Baby girl, I can only be supportive if you can promise that he’ll make you happy.”

Unable to place why, you know only that you feel more awkward than usual at the pet name but you nod slightly, looking at your intertwined hands, a ragged breath escaping you as you force your words out, “I really like him, Taehyung.”

He looks away, blinking rapidly and sighing heavily, “Okay, Baby girl.” Your eyes meet and he clears his throat, “Are my parents up yet?”

You shake your head, “They’re sleeping in I think.”

“I’m gonna go shower then.”

You nod and force yourself to smile, “Great. I’ll see you after my run.”

He smiles back, withdrawing his hands, “Okay then.”

~

Y/N:

Why the did he have to come out of left field like that?

You run your heart out, pushing harder than you should, pushing away the part of your mind that wants to contemplate the events of the previous night and this morning. He only wants me to be happy. He only liked me briefly, just like I crushed on him way back then.

Your legs give in as you reach your secret place that you’d shared with your boyfriend the day before. Or maybe he’s just saying that because he doesn’t want the burden of thinking he hurt me. Right, that’s what it is. He doesn’t want to think he hurt me.

You keel over and dig your fingers into white biting snow, retching as if you need to puke, though nothing but air and old memories come up. You start hyperventilating and feel ridiculous for it, not understanding why those simple words are having this effect on you. You crawl over on to your back and lay with your head tilted back as you hold your breath to try to calm yourself, but burst into tears that choke you and make your body convulse with every wave that comes crashing down on you, leaving you feeling exhausted and breathless when you eventually pull yourself together.

You take your time getting back, walking slowly as you struggle to make sense of your emotions. Looking up, you recognise a tall figure walking toward you from far off and panic about your eyes that are definitely red and swollen and your breath that’s still irregular from crying.

He walks up to you quietly and hands you a coat, “My mom said I should come find you. She was getting worried something happened to you since it’s so late already.”

You look at your watch to find it’s almost dinner time and thank him for bringing your coat. He nods and stuffs his hands into his pockets, walking somewhat behind you without saying anything. You don’t dare say it, but you’re thankful that he doesn’t try to fill the silence with meaningless small talk, that he doesn’t bring up your appearance, that he doesn’t say he was worried about you.

At his house, you call your greetings cheerily without actually seeing anyone, making the excuse of being frozen and being in desperate need of a shower before joining them. You push all thoughts of him from your mind and think only of the time you’ll spend with Jimin on Wednesday and how much fun you’ll have with him then.

I only have to make it to Wednesday…