A hard time.

Between Friends

Y/N:

Bar you and Seokjin, everyone is already outside waiting to leave.

“Drive with us!” Yoona calls from inside Namjoon’s car, waving you over when you step out of the house. You jog up to the door and Jungkook climbs out, gesturing for you to get in. 

You look between him and the car a few times, about to make an excuse to drive with Yoongi and Hoseok when he touches your arm and whispers in your ear, “Let’s not make things awkward, uh?”

You smile and climb in ahead of him, bewildered by his hand on your back and that he shields your head from potentially hitting the doorframe. When you scoot in, you light up at seeing Jimin in the car, noticing how he tries to avoid looking at you for too long.

“Unnie,” You say to Yoona, “You look so pretty tonight! Poor Namjoon-oppa is going to have his hands full.”

She gushes, “I should be saying that to you…Jungkook is probably having such a hard time holding back right now.”

You don’t know what to say but before the silence can get awkward, Jungkook speaks up and you flinch when he places a hand on your thigh, the heat from his palm making you uncomfortable, “Ah! She always gives me a hard time…I suppose I should be used to it by now.” 

Jimin’s body stiffens next to you and he glares at Jungkook’s hand with an intensity that could burn a hole in your leg. When you hint at Jungkook to remove his hand, he smiles at you and traces patterns on your stockings, “Oh…these are pretty, uh?”

“Yah, Jungkookah… let’s keep it PG, uh?” Jimin asks, lifting his hand, “I’m sitting here too.”

He laughs, “Ah, sorry Hyung.” 

~

“You okay?” Jimin asks inside the club.

“Why? You mean because of Kookie?” You ask, “Mmh, I’m fine. It was just unexpected.”

He shoves his hands in his pockets, “Is it wrong for me to say I think I can understand him?”

You shake your head and smile, “Anyway, you wanna dance?”

“You think you can keep up?” He starts walking backward and pulls you to the floor with him, “I’m top of my class, you know?”

“This isn’t your class though…” You mouth, blowing a kiss as you break free from him and start moving to the EDM beat.

He stands with his arms crossed and tongue in cheek, shaking his head at you. You laugh and brush your hair from your face, beckoning him. He moonwalks over with a hilarious expression and dances all around you like a goofball. He finishes his little skit by twirling you around once and pulls you close to face him with his hands at the small of your back.

He starts rocking his body with the music properly, smirking at your beaming face, “Was that a public declaration or something?” You ask.

“Ani…” He looks around and drapes your arms over his neck, “I don’t think anyone saw.” A smile twitches at the corners of his mouth and his chest vibrates as he tries not to laugh at himself.

“Maybe you should stay away from alcohol tonight…” You suggest, “If you’re like this sober, then…”

“It’s all your fault! First you infect me with that weird dangerousness, then you come out in this outfit…ah…How am I supposed to act cool around you?”

“But my ankles are covered!” You giggle.

“You covered them with those stockings…did it have to be those ones?” He asks, referring to the knee socks you wore the day of the ‘mock-date’.
You turn around to hide your flushed cheeks, having done it intentionally but not expecting him to notice. He pulls you close in a back hug and whispers in your ear, “It was on purpose, wasn’t it?”

You turn your head to look at him and shrug, “Maybeee…”

He looks at your lips and you laugh again, “I didn’t know you’d have such a hard time.”

“I’m not having a hard time,” He scoffs, dragging his eyes up to yours, “You are.” He adds with a wink.

~

Hoseok:

“Don’t they make the cutest couple?” Hoseok asks Taehyung who’s been watching you and Jimin from afar.

“No.” He answers briefly, downing his drink, “No they don’t.” He puts his glass down with a thud and stalks off into the sea of people. 

Is he still-

“Jagi!” Tipsy Yoongi calls, running over to him, “Come upstairs, everyone’s there, it’s so much fun.”

“Not everyone…” Hoseok sings, pointing at you and Jimin.

“Ho, ho! And they say we’re not subtle…anyway, let’s leave them here. Come.”

~

Yoongi:

Given that it's the last day of college, on the next floor, a whole crowd of familiar faces are dancing around. Hoseok attacks the dancefloor with his moves when his favourite song comes on and Yoongi goes up to the bar and orders a couple of shots when a girl approaches him.

"Oppa!" She calls over the music to catch his attention.

He looks to his side and smiles brightly, "Suran?"

"I guess you weren't expecting to see me, huh?"

"I can't say I was, no..." He chuckles.

"We just came since it's the last day and all..."

"Ahh, I see..." He shifts his weight, "Are you having anything to drink?"

"No no, we can't have alcohol." She says, her hands going to her stomach.

He looks at her hands and tries to hide his surprise, "Oh...?"

She can't be...

She smiles again, answering his unasked question, "Yes, I am pregnant!"

"Wow!" He exclaims, "You really don't look like it though...No wonder I never see you out anymore..."

"Ahhh, you must have thought I was trying to avoid you, huh?"

He nods and the mood becomes sort of solemn, "You look really great though!" He says, trying to break the awkward silence. 

"Not bad for someone who's five months in, right?“

"Five months?!" He shouts in disbelief,  his face falling as realisation strikes him, "Back then we were still...we still..."

"Don't worry, you're not the father," She laughs, "...the timing doesn't fit." 

"So...is it a new guy's?" He asks awkwardly, "Sorry to pry."

"Not exactly... It's actually someone you know quite well."

"Really?" He asks, thinking of people it could be.

"Truthfully, I came here tonight to let him know... I know a club isn't the best place for this type of thing but we live far apart and I'm going home tomorrow, so...It will be fine, right?"

"Well, aside from myself, I don't think you go for jerks, so I'm sure it will be okay... Maybe just ease him into it a bit, you know? You don't want to freak him out."

Her eyes suddenly go wide and she grabs Yoongi's hands, "Oh gosh...why is he walking this way? Oh no...act natural, okay?"

"Suran, calm down...it will be okay." Yoongi reassures her.

"Hey y..." Hoseok calls from afar, coming up behind him.

"Yah...can you at least try to behave in public?" Yoongi asks, moving Hoseok's hand from his belt.

"Why should I?" Hoseok asks, pulling him tighter and kissing his cheek.

Yoongi turns his face to throw Hoseok a dirty look but ends up laughing at his ridiculous puckering instead while Suran looks on, confused. As if suddenly remembering their conversation, Yoongi turns back to her, "Wait, where's that person you were talking about?"

She gives a small deflated smile, "Right behind you..."

~

Y/N:

"Where did everyone go?" You ask after dancing with Jimin awhile.

"I think they're all upstairs..." He murmurs in your ear.

"Oh, let's go join them then." You suggest.

"You bored of me already?" He jokes.

"Quite the opposite actually..." You giggle.

"Oh?" He pulls you closer.

"Oppa..."

"Angel..." He returns in a husky voice, nipping your earlobe.
"Chim-chim... This isn't what we agreed on..."

"I only promised to have fun tonight..." He mumbles against your neck, trailing his nose up along your jaw and letting his mouth find yours. Just when his hot kiss wins over your rational mind and you get into it, he quickly pulls away.

"This isn't right." He says, putting some distance between the two of you.

Your expression betrays you, perfectly portraying your disappointment at having him change his mind right after you decided to stop resisting him and you shy away a little, embarrassed. 

"It's not you." He tugs at your hand, "...I don't want to risk wanting to do other things...not so soon...not when we're drinking..."

"Oh, okay." You smile faintly, brushing your hair from your eyes. "Do you wanna go join the others?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you upstairs. I just need to go to the bathroom." He flashes a smile and squeezes your hand before disappearing into the crowd and you make your way to the next floor.

~

Jimin:

"So you're my replacement, huh?" Jungkook asks Jimin, taking a spot next to him at the urinal. 

"That actually was you watching us?" Jimin retorts, "Oh, and you don't honestly believe that, right?"

"It looked that way to me." Jungkook returns. "A word of advice? You shouldn't toy with a girl like her, she's very sensitive."

"She's sensitive?" Taehyung asks, barging into the bathroom and walking up to the mirror to examine the hickey on his neck. "You're the one hung up on her, she probably never even thinks of you."

"What are you so smug about?" Jungkook asks, smirking, "It seems I was right about her not wanting to go backwards after all."

"We'll see about that once I have her at home with me." Taehyung mutters under his breath.

"Yah..." Jimin walks up to him, "What did you just say?"

Taehyung turns around, leaning against the basin, "She's spending a couple of weeks with me... Didn't you know?"

"Are you sure that's still happening? After you acted like such a today?"

"We'll just have to see, now if you'll excuse me, there's a little bombshell outside impatiently waiting to ravish me." He says, about to walk out.

"Do you even love her?" Jungkook blurts out.

He scoffs and pauses at the door, "You ask that like you even know what love is."

After he leaves, Jimin pats Jungkook on the back, "Jungkookah... You and I have never had any problems. Let's not start now, okay?"

"Have a good holiday." He replies bitterly, shrugging Jimin's hand off and leaving the bathroom.

Washing his hands, Jimin sighs before his reflection and tries to reassure himself before walking out. He makes his way upstairs, struggling to find you once he gets there. 

"Oppa!" He suddenly hears you call. He whips around to see you waving frantically at him. He gets a tight feeling in his chest and smiles his goofy smile at you, making his way toward you.

"You good?" You ask, cupping his face, "I was getting worried you wouldn't come back..." You pout and he steals a quick kiss.

"Sorry, I ran into some people."

"Did they upset you? Do I need to go beat them up?" You ask. "You looked like a lost little lamb weaving through the crowd just now."

He laughs and makes a heart with his arms over his head, "They're just less fun than you..."

You exaggeratedly shudder at the cheesiness and he playfully narrows his eyes at you, shaking his head, "Where's everyone else?"

"I don't know... I've been looking for Tae but I haven't seen him."

"Oh, uh...I think he's occupied at the moment." Jimin says awkwardly.

"Really? That's so odd..." You shake your head but shrug it off, "Anyway, you wanna do shots?"