Saranghae

Between Friends

Y/N:

Without a word to anyone, the two of you flee the club and catch a taxi. As Jungkook sits next to you, you notice his knee bouncing up and down and place your hand on it. Gradually, his smile falters as you draw patterns on his thigh, moving slowly upward and you crack up when he nearly chokes on air and grabs your hand, preventing it from going any higher.

“Gosh, it’s so weird when you initiate .” He says with a grin, shaking his head.

“You don’t like it?” You ask, withdrawing your hand.

He instantly tightens his grip on your hand, placing it back on his thigh, “I didn’t say that. But I never get to turn you on first.”

“That really turned you on?”

He ignores your question and looks out the window, saying, “Can’t this taxi go any faster?”

The driver clears his throat loudly and mumbles something about young people under his breath.

You giggle and go back to drawing your patterns.

~

As soon as the taxi drives off, Jungkook picks you up and throws you over his shoulder fireman style and runs up to the front door, ignoring your protests, spanking you lightly and whispering, “Be quiet!”

He swiftly unlocks the door and immediately wriggles his Tim’s off his feet upon entering. You hear faint coming from inside and poke Jungkook in the side, whispering “Kookie, I don’t think we’re alone.” He puts you down softly and you take off your heels, the both of you moving through the house as quietly as possible. As you tip toe through the passageway to get to your room, the groaning gets louder, the voice sounding like it could belong to Hoseok.

“Yoongi…” He coos. At that, the two of you stop dead in your tracks, completely dumbstruck.

“Mmh?” Comes a low response.

“Saranghae.”

The only reply is Yoongi’s unmistakeable chuckle.

“Wahh…you’re not even going to say it back?”

“I’m already on my knees, does that not say enough?” Yoongi responds and then reluctantly adds, “I love you too, now stop talking.”

At that, Jungkook’s face contorts into some expression you’ve never seen before so you take him by the arm, quietly leaving the house before they realise they’re not alone and head off to a nearby park.

“What the did we just walk into?” Jungkook asks, laughing in disbelief.

“I don’t even know, but no matter what, we can’t let them know that we know.” You say, sitting down on one of the swings and he stands in front of you, his hands in his pockets.

“Yeah, I know. But, I didn’t even know they swung that way…Hoseok even had a serious girlfriend a few months back and what about Suran? She’s been over almost every night.” Jungkook questions.

“Maybe the girls were just beards? Regardless, my mind has officially been blown.” You reply.

“Well one thing’s for sure, we can’t go back home now. You wanna get something to eat?” He asks, holding out his hands to help you up. You nod and he lifts you, saying, “Of all the things I imagined happening tonight, I could never have guessed this.”

“What type of things did you imagine?” You ask, your curiosity peaked.

“I’ll show you later.” He responds with a smirk.

The two of you walk up to the convenience store and buy some beer and ramyun then go back and sit facing each other on a park bench.

“Why didn’t you say you were cold?” He scolds you.

“Because I’m not.”

“Look at your arms, you’ve got goosebumps.” He complains, taking off his jacket and throwing it at you. “Just put that on, okay?”

“What about you?” You ask, holding his jacket out for him to take back.

“The beer will warm me up. Take the jacket and eat your noodles before they bloat.”

“You’re such a guy.” You remark, putting the jacket on.

After eating, you talk for about an hour before you put the dishes aside and move closer to him, sitting almost between his legs. “What do you want?” He asks, eyeing you, aware of your sudden proximity.

“I want to warm you up, because from the looks of it, the beer did a pretty shoddy job.” You say, taking the empty beer can from him.

“You do know we’re in a park, right?”

“So? Do you know anyone who’d let their child play this late at night?” You ask, trying to persuade him.

“Are we including those creepy kids from horror movies?” He inquires, to which you just roll your eyes, “I’ll take that as a no.” He smartly answers his own question while looking around and notes, “Well it is pretty late and we are alone…” He pulls you closer to him, wrapping your legs around his torso and whispers, looking at your lips, “Can we?”

“I don’t see why not.” You coax, leaning in.

He kisses you softly at first, tentatively slipping one hand under your skirt, the kiss slowly becoming more aggressive. “Mmh, I feel warmer already.” He jokes, playfully biting your lip. Out of nowhere, both his phone and yours start vibrating, giving him a fright, causing him to bite down hard on your lower lip.

“Ahh!” You shriek.

“ , ahh ! Are you okay?” He sputters. You wave him off and hold your phone up, telling him to answer his.

“Ugh, Jin-hyung, you have the worst timing! What do you want?” Jungkook answers angrily while inspecting your lips and mouthing his apologies again.

You answer your own phone, your mouth still throbbing, “Taetae?”

“Oh thank goodness you answered. Where are you?”

“At the park with Jungkook. We ran into Inho at the club and I couldn’t deal, so we went to get some air.”

“Why didn’t you come tell me?” He asks. “I was so worried when Seokjin told me he saw Inho. Anyway, you can tell me all about it at home, we’re driving back now.”

“No no, you can’t go home!” You say, with more urgency than you intended. “Why don’t you guys come hang out with us for a bit?”

“Why? It’s so cold.”

“Well we bought a bunch of beer and soju, so I just thought you guys could help us finish it. Please come? Jungkook is a bit drunk.”

“Oh, uh, okay, we’ll be there now. Did he hurt you?”

“No, it’s nothing like that. I just can’t walk back with all the alcohol and him in this state.” You lie.

As soon as you put the phone down, you force Jungkook to down the last two beers and the moment he finishes it, you grab him and run off to buy more alcohol before they arrive. Your timing is perfect as the three boys come jogging up to you just after Kookie finished another two beers.

“Y/N!” Jimin shouts, outrunning Seokjin and Taehyung, falling on his knees in front of you, “Y/N, you’re safe! Wah! We were looking everywhere.”

“Here have a beer.” You offer him, “Why didn’t you just call?”

“Well we were drunk, duh! Ah, I’m so thirsty.” He says, gulping the beer down.

“Were drunk?”

“Are drunk.” He admits, looking over at Jungkook. “Are we interrupting your date?” He whispers loudly.

“No, we asked you to come here, remember?” You whisper back, equally loudly.

“What date?” Seokjin asks, looking from Jungkook to you. “What happened to your lip?” He asks, suspicious.

“Nonono, noooo date. Only air.” Jungkook explains between hiccups, making an X shape with his arms.

“Then why were you so angry on the phone?” Jin retorts.

“Mouth was sad.” Jungkook answers, pouting while pointing at his lips.  

“You’re not making any sense.” Seokjin responds, working himself up. “Why are you so drunk?”

“I…am not. Not drunk.” He responds, taking another swig of beer and raising his chin proudly.

“What do you mean, ‘Not drunk’?” Jin argues, trying to take the beer away from him.

Jungkook manages to evade him and the two of them continue their bickering, with Jimin joining in, Jin the only one with his wits about him.

You walk over to Tae who’s being awfully quiet. “How was your night?” You ask, elbowing him in the side.

“Great, until I realised you were gone. Why didn’t you tell me you wanted to leave?”

“It was a spontaneous decision, plus how were we supposed to explain to everyone that we wanted to leave alone?”

“Oh, so you left to get some? Is that why your lip is busted?” He laughs, nudging you. “And here I was worried you might have done something crazy or went off with a random guy.”

“If Jungkook wasn’t there I would probably have done something worse.” You admit, walking over to the swings with him. “Even though I hate his guts, I almost went back to him, Tae. I was so weak in front of him. How pathetic can I get?”

“You’re not pathetic, it’s only been like, what? A month since you broke up? You need to give yourself time to heal, just as long as you don’t actually go back to him, everything will be fine.” He says, rubbing your back and stealing a swig of your beer.

“Yah!” Jimin shouts, unsteadily making his way over to the swings. “How could you just leave me with those idiots?” He asks, pointing in the direction of Jin and Jungkook. “I also want to swing.” He mopes, sitting on your lap.

“Ahh, dude, no offense but you’re heavy. The swing might break.” You comment.

Outraged, he immediately jumps up. “Are you calling me fat?” He asks. “I’ll have you know; my body is gorgeous. Just look!” He exclaims, ripping his shirt open with a roar, exposing his glorious torso and flexing as many of his muscles as he possibly can.

You laugh at his wild expression and get up, gesturing for him to take the swing, “Why did you have to break the buttons? Now you’re going to get cold.” You scold, wrapping him up in Jungkook’s jacket. “I can’t help it, I’m like Hulk!” He boasts with another roar, smiling gratefully at you as you button the jacket up.

You laugh and sit down on Taehyung’s lap who wraps his arms around you, resting his chin on your shoulder while Jungkook and Seokjin walk over.

“Where’s Namjoon?” You ask, realising for the first time that he didn’t arrive with the bunch.

“At his girlfriend’s place for a change.” Seokjin answers.

“Girlfriend?”

“Yeah, they’re official now. Gosh, hearing that news must have been the cherry on top for Suran.” He continues.

“What do you mean?” Jungkook asks.

“You guys missed everything. Well, I don’t know if he likes her or something, but Hoseok and Yoongi were talking and Suran came over to them and kissed Yoongi. Then for some reason Hobi got angry and left and Yoongi told her that they should stop seeing each other. After that, he split too and she turned into a blabbering mess so we had to find one of her friends so we could send her home.” Seokjin explains.

“Wow…” You and Jungkook utter in unison.

“Yeah…it seems just came from all directions and hit the fan sideways today.” Taehyung says in the silence that follows. He taps your leg and says, “We should probably start making our way home and make sure everything’s okay.”

“I think we should give them some time to sort things out between themselves. We can always suss out the vibe tomorrow.” You suggest. “But we should get going, the sun is probably waiting for us to leave so it can come out.”

Jimin giggles raucously, falling off the swing. “The sun doesn’t work like that, silly! Wah, you’re so cute it makes my heart ache sometimes.” He says, shooting you finger hearts from his new place on the ground.

~

Y/N:

When you arrive at the house, it’s dead silent and you enter quietly, whispering your ‘good night’s’ to everyone. Seokjin drags Jungkook off to their room, Jimin stumbles into his own and Taehyung follows you to your room. Standing at the foot of your bed in his briefs, he complains, after watching you as you collapse on the bed still fully clothed, “Yah…you should change into pyjamas or something.”

“Ugh, do I have to?” You ask, rolling on to your back to look at him. He just nods.

“You better thank your lucky stars that you’re one of my favourite people.” You respond, groaning as you unwillingly sit up to remove your top and skirt. “Happy?” You ask after undressing.

“Hm.” He answers, kissing your shoulder after climbing in behind you and draping his arms loosely over you. “I’ve missed this.” He utters, snuggling closer to you. 

~

AN: Sorry to all those who don't like ships but I couldn't resist what with all the yoonseok this comeback.