Chapter 31

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun's POV 


It had been a week since our big arguement and since then we didn't keep in touch with each other. No talk, no calls and no messages. I thought she didn't try to do it or neither did I, considering what she said to me, it was still hurting my feelings, my soul and my heart. 


I did try to break the wall by texting her first, but my pride. Friend of mine used to tell me, who cared about pride when half of you was missing and you were useless without it. And that what I felt right now, my life was empty without her. 


I missed her, so much. Of course she meant more than a world to me. My heart would stop if this relationship ever stopped, because she owned most part of it. 


What could she possibly be doing, at this hour? It was 7pm. Usually she would give me a call and we talked until forgot about the world. 


I declared, I would call and talk to her tomorrow. If I waited for her to do it first, it wouldn't happen any soon. Knowing that how stressed the girl was, the problem she had to solve and the situation she had to face. 


"Seolhyun" 


I turned my head toward the door. "Umma"


"Are you okay?" 


"Yeah" 


Liar! I wasn't okay. I missed her.


"You haven't had your dinner. Should I bring it up here?" She caressed my hair. 


"No, it's okay. I'll come down" 


Sigh could be heard. I knew the moment that sigh came out from umma's mouth, it only meant one thing, she was worried, which I hated to experience that. 


"You should talk to her if you miss her" 


I lowered my head, denying the tears that about to fall down. 


I smiled assuringly. "I will, umma. No worries"


"Okay, if you need anything just call for me" 


I simply nodded. The short of response from me just made umma worried and hesitated to get out from my room. Eventually, she left the room but not before gave a kiss on my forehead. I was 18 who still got a kiss and I didn't mind that, seriously. 


As soon as the door closed, I laid my back on the bed and covered half of my body. 


Tears filled my eyes, again. I really missed her. Why until now she didn't give me a call? Was she still mad at me? I wanted to call but afraid what could I say and afraid that she might not want to talk right now. 


I cried myself to sleep. 

 


The next morning. 


I walked into the hallway. It looked different than usual. Normally, I would go straight to cafeteria, knowing that she was always there. But today was different. I headed to class instead of there.


My head was down, didn't bother to lift it. I was still embarrassed at the students because of our arguments. It happened a week ago but the news was still going around the school. Students were still gossiping about it. 


Just when I was about to enter the classroom, I heard her voice behind me. The voice that I missed so much. The voice that always made me shivered everytime I heard it. But... it sounded fine.


Took courage to turn around, I turned and what greeted me almost made me choked on my own saliva. She had her arm around a girl, her ex cheerleading mate to be exact. Bright smile on her face proved that she didn't sad or guilt at all. And it hurt me. 


"Hyejeong..."


"Oh hi, bookworm" 


Bookworm? Didn't hear she call me that for ages. What about Seolbaby? Why she called me bookworm?


"Why do you call me? Do I own you something?"


Why did I call you? Seriously? She asked me why? Did I need a reason to call my own fiancée.


"Hey, bookworm"


She flicked her fingers infront of my face, making me snapped out. 


I looked into her eyes. I didn't know what, but I could see something was missing. Her lovely stare wasn't there anymore and being replaced by normal one. 


"Are we...good now?" 


She cocked her eyebrow. Hint of confuse appeared on her face. Did I say something wrong?


"What do mean are we good? We are not always good at each other" She smirked. 


I was bewildered. What was this? What she meant by we were not always good to each other? 


"No... I meant... about... last week..."


"Oh yeah!"


I beamed. She remembered right? Our arguement last week. She remembered why she yelled at me and made me upset. She did remember. 


"I know I was wrong..."


Yes, she admited it. She surely remembered. But you weren't the only one wrong baby, I was too. 


"I didn't mean to sit on your place but..."


Wait what?! Sat on my place? 


"Wait wait! What do you mean, sit on my place?"


She shrugged "Yeah, you were upset on me because I sat on your desk instead on mine. Come on, I just wanted to tease you. So... I'm sorry?"


Silence. Nothing came out from my mouth the moment she said that. Why did she say the thing that happened like decades ago? I wasn't talking about her taking my seat, not even it crossed by my head. 


"Okay, if you excuse me, I have to go. Bye bookworm" 


She left. I froze. I slapped my cheek and pinched my arm. 


"Ouch!" 


I wasn't dreaming. This was reality. But why Hyejeong acted like nothing ever happened between us before. She treated me like I wasn't her fiancée. 


What was happening? What happened to you Hyejeong?

 

End of Seolhyun's POV

 

 

__________


"Mina!" 


Seolhyun ran to the shorter girl who busy with her phone. Mina was alone, no her girlfriend and no Hyejeong. 


Seolhyun catched her own breath before looked at Mina who raised her brows in questioning. 


"I need to ask you something"


"Yeah, go on" Mina put her phone back inside her pocket. 


"What happened to... Hyejeong?"


"What do you mean?"


Seolhyun fidgeted her fingers, hesitating to speak. Mina who noticed the girl's behaviour decided to pull by her arm and settled themselves at the bench in the garden behind the school building. 


"Spill it, what are you curious about?" Mina asked desperately as she leaned her body on the bench. 


"Erm... Hyejeong... is she okay?"


"I guess so" 


"You guess so?" 


A nod from Mina enough to make Seolhyun puzzled. Even she herself didn't know what happened to her fiancée, what were she thinking about Mina. But considering how closed her fiancée was with Mina made Seolhyun trusted the shorter girl more than anyone. 


"And why is that?"


"Well, I haven't met her this morning. You know, I just arrived because had to settle couple of things before I get here. And I missed the first two lessons, so I didn't have chance to meet her. Where is that brat anyway?" 


"But she didn't look good to me" Seolhyun whispered softly.


"Pardon?"


"Mina, I guess something is not right with Hyejeong" Seolhyun said, ignoring the question from Mina. 


Mina's eyes went a bit wide. "What are talking about? What's not right about her? Last night she was fine" 


"Yeah, but today.... she acted like she didn't know me that well and like I'm not her fiancée. I saw her clinged her arm on another girl. It breaks my heart" 


She was crying and indeed hurt by the scene that she witnessed her own love got closed with other girl other than her. 


Mina reached for her backpack and gave tissue to the girl. Seolhyun was a sweet girl. She didn't mind talk about her relationship problem with anyone else, especially Mina. Unlike to that certain girl, who prefered to keep problems by herself and let everyone worried about her. 


"I don't get what you mean Hyejeong acted like she didn't know you, but observing how sad you're, I guess it is serious" 


Just then, they heard people were talking followed by loud laugh. Both turned their head to the source. Mina squinted her eyes before she called for the person. 


"Hyejeong!" 


Seolhyun watched as her fiancée bid goodbye to the girls then walked toward the two girls' direction. 


"Hey Mina, whats up? Oh bookworm is here"


"Bookworm?" Mina furrowed her brows. She didn't hear that words came from Hyejeong's mouth for so long. 


"I thought you said not to call her that again" 


"When did I say?" 


She asked innocently as she took seat next to Mina. 


"What are you doing with her?" Hyejeong whispered to Mina, refering to Seolhyun, who just stared at her with sad expression. 


"Why? Are you jealous?" 


Hyejeong laughed hysterically, causing the two girls to frown. They stared at each other for split seconds then back to the laughing girl. 


"Why would I jea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter